New User Welcome, User.

Vic Timbre

The Cult of Personality
Body language, unintentional actions intentionally mentioned - gestures that say more than quotations ever could - wayward glances and warm palms against the side of the face, malicious or passive: these are a few of my favorite things.

I like writing more than dialogue. I don't dislike RP's constructed of one liners because I think they are lazy. I dislike one liners because I don't like listening to movies as an audio file, and I don't like only reading lyrics. Dialogue alone is only a fraction of the story. I'm sure most of us have heard the claim that only a small portion of communication is portrayed by the words we speak. Inflection and the tiny, physical symptoms of being alive are key to really placing your audience inside of your story.

As an RPer your partner is your audience.

With that mentality I really struggle to write posts shorter than two paragraphs. Everything my partner says and does is worth considering - does mine recoil, nod, or smirk? That all takes place after my character takes note of all the little things theirs has done - do they talk with their hands, favor one side of their smile over the other, what are they looking at, are they talking to me or at me? And then everything that's needed to respond to their dialogue and the story's momentum is a whole other body of text.

One line is simply never enough.

I've done a lot of introduction threads in the couple decades I've been writing with others for fun. Who I am and what I'm looking for can probably be neatly separated by an introduction thread and by the forum for players and GMs wanted. But, I think at this point, what I want to do and what I want to find are synonymous with who I am as a writer.

Hopefully, not pompous ;)

Last edited:
Welcome to the site, check out the chat at the bottom right or help desk if you need help man. This is all a single line on my screen. :3

Welcome to the site, check out the chat at the bottom right or help desk if you need help man. This is all a single line on my screen. :3

Well, that is very unfortunate and I don't fault you for not wanting to read it that way. I'm on a desktop and it's properly formatted from where I am. Is this an issue on my end?

No, my screen is just obscenely wide. Hehe. Also, for confusion sake, please don't use double-negatives, its quite odd to understand. Thanks mate.

No, my screen is just obscenely wide. Hehe. Also, for confusion sake, please don't use double-negatives, its quite odd to understand. Thanks mate.

I can't not even begin to consider never using them under every circumstance, especially when I'm obligated to disavow the use of not using them.

It's amazing how much you focus on detail, it's really commendable in a roleplayer. I can't wait to see what you have to write!

Back