Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Westeria City: Azure Heights

Tiko

Draconic Administrator/Mentor
Administrator
Mentor
Nexus GM
as written by Tiko and KittyWolfSpirit

Sanina and Talyria had departed Colcord Point swiftly enough upon their arrival. Arrangements had been made and now all that remained was collecting Viktor and Varia. It was for that reason she had chosen Talyria to accompany her. The woman's scent had been all over Viktor and her suspicions had been confirmed when she had questioned the woman. She and Viktor had shared blood.

Normally Sanina could have located him herself, but between Talyria's blood and the transfusions he had been undergoing she could scarcely feel that touch of herself within him anymore. He was slipping away.

Talyria though... her blood was fresh within his veins, as was his in hers. If anyone could find where he had been taken it would be her.

____

She had been uncomfortable at admitting to Sanina that she had shared blood with Viktor. She wasn't entirely sure what the purpose was for her inquiry either, but she was thrilled to go get Viktor. She wasn't comfortable about leaving him, but knew that he had been in no condition to move without proper medical treatment supplies to do such a move.

She looked up to Sanina and the image of her dream with Viktor flashed in her mind. She had seen something intimate about that image. She dare not even get involved in such a memory more than she had in the dream. She could tell that Sanina had a link with Viktor, but from the dream she wasn't sure if she was his sire or a lover or both. She felt a little awkward thinking about Viktor being in her arms in the dream. She shook it off, now wasn't the time to let her mind wander to such a thing, especially if this woman had the ability to pry into thoughts.

She hesitated at a crossroad and sighed focusing on a feeling that something she was supposed to have near here was missing. This was her first actual blood bond with a vampire. She ah shared memories before with them briefly before the effects of their blood fizzled in her system, but never had she felt a blood bond like a sire and the sired felt for vampires. She could feel that something that was missing, which she concluded was Viktor, was getting closer. She turned the corner and headed that way without a thought more, it just felt right to go that way. She looked back to Sanina and then looked forward.

"Almost there, we are getting closer." She said quietly.

After about ten more minutes of twists and turns they arrived at a hospital and her senses pulled at her to continue. She looked to Sanina.

"He's here. I...I can feel him." She said looking up to the second floor where she seemed to feel he was somewhere on that floor.

____

Sanina took over from there as she headed inside, and the lingering stench of decay that followed her turned a few heads. She hummed softly as she crossed the lobby to the reception hall, and Talyria might feel a goosebumps sensation along her arms as the the notes held an unnatural weight to them. Her resistance to vampire powers would leave their hypnotic affect washing off her, but she would notice those around them growing more complacent with Sanina's presence.

"How many I help you?" the receptionist asked.

"I'm looking for a man... Viktor Thrice. We're family..."

"Of course, let me check," the receptionist answered as she started typing at her computer. "He came in earlier today. He's in intensive care... I'll send for a doctor..." the woman's words trailed off to a low murmur as she stared back into Sanina's eyes.

The receptionist blinked a few times before going back to her typing as if nothing had transpired, and Sanina led them off into the hospital trusting Talyria could find the room.

____

Talyria shivered slightly at the sensation the melody transpired. She was pleased with the fact that she was immune to such a thing. She watched the people fall into complacency at her song.They arrived at the receptionist and couldn't help but notice the spell Sanina played on her as well with ease of a glimpse. She noticed Sanina take a step away without getting directions. She wasn't sure if Sanina had read the girls mind or just entranced her to resume like nothing happened or both.

She could feel Viktor, the feeling was getting stronger. She stopped at an elevator that went up and pressed the button to call the elevator.

"This one will get us closer to him." She said as the door dinged open and she walked in.

She waited for Sanina to enter before pressing the 2nd floor as their destination. The doors closed and they ascended with the annoying elevator melody that typically was meant to calm visitors. She was all too happy to feel the elevator come to halt and the doors ding open. She stepped out and without hesitation turned right. She walked eagerly towards the room at the end of the hall. He was there in the room at the end of the hall on the left. She stopped in front of the closed door and looked to Sanina.

"Here." She said briefly.

She glanced back to see a nurse approaching them. So much for slipping in and out. She thought to herself before noting Sanina again.

____

Sanina paid the nurse no mind as she reached for the door handle, even as the woman realized what she and Talyria where doing.

"Hey! You can't go in there!"

The nurse moved to stop them, but once more Sanina's gaze worked its lure. her hypnosis had never been so potent before, and she had Riaze to thank for that. This time she didn't send the woman away though, but instead opened the door, gesturing for the woman to join them.

The woman moved into the room in a daze as Sanina closed the door behind them.

"Do be a dear and have a seat?" Sanina asked the nurse, who seemed more than happy to comply.

With that matter seen to, she approached Viktor whose condition had yet to improve. The wound had been treated as best as able but it stilled showed no sign of healing, or clotting. Fresh blood was being provided via an IV.

"My poor Viktor... what have they done to you..." Sanina crooned.

____

Talyria shuddered slightly at the thought of how potently Sanina was achieving her way with these people. She was really thankful that Sanina's and other vampires charms wouldn't work on her considering her curse and gift at the same time to what she now was made her immune to their charms. She waited for the nurse to go in and Sanina before entering the room. She watched Sanina from a slight distance as the nurse sat and Sanina crooned. She sighed internally that they had gotten to Viktor, but now the question was what next. How were they getting Viktor to the docks.

She looked to Sanina, she was a little uncomfortable about her inclination to Viktor being hers. She felt a bit out of place at the thought as if her presence was actually an intrusion for their relationship with each other. Her mind continued to wonder about if hr meeting and feeding on Viktor was wise. She was in a bind that she couldn't get out of yet, but a part of her didn't want to get out from being near Viktor. She felt extremely uncomfortable as her gaze dazed off into her thoughts. Why do I want to stay near him? Is it this blood bond speaking? Will this wear off? She wondered. She shook off the thoughts and looked back to Sanina.

"How do we get Viktor where we need to be in his current condition? What is your plan?" She asked quietly.

____

It was with gentle hands that Sanina began to unhook the IVs that where providing Viktor with the blood that was keeping him alive, but she made no move to suggest how she intended to move him. On the contrary, she lay a hand upon his chest and the same necrosis that had touched upon Riaze's skin began to spread from her fingertips as the veins beneath Viktor's skin began to turn an ugly black.

Even unconscious the feel of his flesh rotting left Viktor's brow furrowed in pain, but he did not rouse as the decay continued to work its way deeper and deeper towards his undead heart. The stench of it filled the room and there was something akin to sorrow in Sanina's eyes.

____

Talyria saw the veins blacken as Sanina laid her hand on Viktor's chest. She saw Viktor's expression and tensed. She fought herself on whether or not to tell her to stop, she was hurting him. She held silent, and watched the blacked veins show more and more. The pungent smell of decay reached her. She didn't flinch but instead showed no signs of being disgusted at the scent. She knew the scent, it didn't phase her. She could only imagine what the nurse could be feeling in the back of her daze if thoughts while controlled was possible. She watched uncertain what she was trying to achieve with this tactic. She looked to the closed door. She hoped the scent wouldn't draw attention if it escaped the room.

She turned her attention back to Sanina.

"What are you trying to do?" She asked softly, uncertain if she would be answered or if she had no place to ask why necrotic affairs were being invoked upon him.

____

"My power is over the dead," Sanina replied. "I cannot help him as long as he lives yet."

Though that wasn't entirely true...

There were other options. But none that would restore her bond with him.

As the rot crawled its way towards his heart she could feel it decaying within her grasp and with it the last tendrils of life that still clung to him.

As the fates of old where said to sever the threads of life, Sanina had severed the magic that had kept him animated in his unlife.

____

"What?!" She cried out and seized Sanina's wrist. "So killing him is to save him?" She accused, not sure if what she said was true, btu not ready to just let Viktor die.

After a moment, she removed her hand realizing she had no place to interfere since Viktor and her were not involved, not friends, not anything more than just another vampire she fed from to maintain this cursed existence.

"I don't trust you fully on this. But I..." She paused a moment, uncomfortable about what she was about to admit to Sanina. "I know you care for Vitkor, I saw you two. When he was younger. A memory of you two. So I have no right to interfere considering your bond with each other." She explained calmer.

She leaned back against the wall, to avoid interfering further. She looked to Viktor as he ceased to live his undead existence. Her chest tightened a moment as he died and she could feel that bond of him being near disappear. She hoped Sanina was right and that she could save him. She wasn't sure why she wanted him to live so badly and she fought herself from being emotional about this situation. She had no reason to feel anything for Viktor let alone care if he lived or died. Maybe it was the fact he didn't fight her, instead offered to let her feed. She felt she owed him, she knew that much. But would that debt be paid now, or would she still be in debt still to him. She leaned uncomfortably against the wall as she waited for Sanina to work her magic.

____

Talyria would feel the necrosis spread to her own hand as she gripped Sanina's wrist, and though it began to fade once she released her hold the sickening sensation of something foul writhing beneath her skin would linger for a time yet.

"All will be well again..." Sanina said softly as she undid the bandages that covered the open wound on Viktor's side.

Whether she was talking to Talyria or Viktor was uncertain, but this time she moved both hands to hover over Viktor as she worked her necromancy through his body.

The toxin within his blood began to run in rivulets from the open wound as Sanina expelled the substance from within, and as the last of it was forced free the wound began to seal over at last.

Her eyes had bled to a solid black as she delved deeper, reforging the strands she had severed until she could feel that spark of unlife within him once more. And still deeper she went, seeping into it as it breathed life into his body and renewed their bond.

Talyria could feel the return of life to Viktor, but it was tainted by another.

____

Talyria watched as the poison rivulets were dispelled and watched intently as Sanina worked. She laid her hand on her chest as she felt unlife return to Viktor, but tainted by Sanina. She wasn't sure how she tainted it, but she knew then that she was right. Viktor was sired by Sanina and she had renewed that bond within him. But whether there was more to their bond or not she still wasn't certain.

She looked to Sanina as her eyes were a darker shade of black than even the moonless night could ever muster. It was almost like abyss, nothingness and she had to mentally stop herself from shuddering at the sight of such a gaze. She looked away at the clock in the room to check the time. She wasn't certain what was next but they needed to hurry to get back to the dock. Hopefully Viktor would be well enough to travel now that he was back among them hopefully consciously.

"Is it done then." She asked, her voice bland and emotionless as she looked forward to Viktor.

She studied Viktor as she approached closer,still feeling slightly nauseated by Sanina's touch. She looked to his face, hope in her face for him to open his eyes.

"Viktor?" She said softly, her voice seeming to call to him gently with a soft caring tone.

____

As Talyria approached Viktor, Sanina took a few steps back.

"Ah... I wouldn't do that -"

The warning was a half-hearted droll at best, and before she could finish the warning Viktor's eyes had snapped open and his hand shot up for Talyria's throat. There was something primal and animalistic in his eyes as he dragged her towards him with inhuman strength.

He could smell the blood pumping hot beneath her skin and his fangs flashed as he bit down towards the exposed flesh of her throat where it connected with the meaty muscle of her shoulder.

____

Before she could react to Sanina's warning her throat was seized and she felt fangs pierce her neck. She winced at the pain of it's ferocity that she knew was the primal phase of their blood rage similar to hers that she inherited from them. She knew he wouldn't listen to reason at that moment until eh was at least partially sated. So instead of resisting, she simply wrapped her arms about Viktor and held him to her.

"Welcome back Viktor." She whispered softly as he drank greedily from her.

She waited a little bit until she started feeling like he should have enough to have some sense.

"It is alright Viktor, I don't mind you feeding, but I need you to slow down and stop. Grab hold of yourself Viktor. I know you can come to sense. Come back to me Viktor. I am sorry this happened to you, but come back to me." Her was was like honey, soothing and sweet as it lulled to him with her soft voice that she kept low to keep the tone soothing.

The pain of the ferocity of the first bite had passed and she still held him closely. She figured her words might upset the woman in the room who had just revived him, but she didn't care. Viktor was back, this was the least she could do for him.

She continued to chant the statement like a rhythmic lullaby to Viktor as he fed in hopes he would release.

Last edited by a moderator:
as written by Tiko

Viktor's grip was crushing and as the warm blood filled his mouth he rolled over, pinning Talyria beneath him as he tore at her throat with vicious intent.

Sanina made no move to intervene as she stood back from the pair, but her eyes narrowed at the manner in which the woman spoke to Viktor. If looks could kill, Talyria would have been a corpse right then and there. As it stood, her life was in Viktor's hands.

____

Viktor snarled against Talyria's throat as he regained his strength through her own, and with each pulse of blood a bit more of himself returned to him. The sound of her voice, the scent of her hair, the touch of her hands...

He remembered her...

Her heart struggled to beat blood through her veins, and her skin grew pale as he fed deeply but the ferocity of it had faded.

He remembered her hands on his chest as they lay upon the ground. He remembered her lips upon his as she thought he was another. He remembered losing himself in her... and for a time feeling almost human again.

He opened his eyes and released her before falling to the floor rather disgracefully as he tried to roll off her only to find the hospital bed coming up short.

as written by KittyWolfSpirit and Tiko

She could feel her strength wane, but she continued to chant until she felt him release her and roll off her. She smiled weakly as she hit her knees weakly.

"Welcome back Viktor. I trusted you wouldn't." She spoke softly in the same honey sweet voice.

She heard him fall off the other side of the bed and winced at the sound. She looked to the nurse before pulling herself up using the bed. She weakly walked over to the other side of the bed to him, using the bed for support.

"Someone brought you dinner hun. I wasn't technically dinner." She laughed softly waving her hand towards the nurse. "I'll be alright. You didn't kill me Viktor. It takes more than that hun. If you feel alright, we need to be going hun. I'm a lil woozy from all that so i may need to lean on ya as we get back." She said to him sweetly, a note of teasing in her voice. "We should really figure on different reasons for biting and nipping each other." She joked.

____

Viktor was disoriented more than anything, disoriented and confused and Talyria would find no emotion within his eyes as he looked back at her. His gaze moved to her throat as he was beginning to piece together the situation.

"Viktor, we must leave this place..."

It was a voice he would have recognized anywhere... but that wasn't possible. There was too much stimuli flooding his head at once, and having freshly fed his senses where on overdrive. His eyes rested on Sanina, and he failed to find the words to form the question upon his lips.

How.

Not a day had passed that he hadn't dwelt upon her death, but now that she stood here once more he couldn't find the joy in it. It was more an absence of loss that he felt... something that he determined to mull over at a later time. For now he pulled himself back to his feet.

He could feel the urgency in Sanina's words. Something was wrong.

There would be time for questions later... but what of Talyria? He looked to her, and Sanina sensed his hesitation.

"Leave her. She will only slow us down," Sanina told him.

He threw a warning glance to Sanina before simply picking Talyria up right out of the bed. Just as Sanina had sensed his hesitation he too sensed her displeasure at his actions, but such was their dance.

"Where to?" he asked.

"To find your wayward child," Sanina answered as she swept from the room.

____

She winced at Sanina's words and knew those words were actually true in her condition until she fed and regained her strength, but she was more interested in Viktor keeping his strength. Without warning she felt herself get lifted and looked to Viktor in surprise at him just lifting her up against Sanina's orders to leave her. She smiled softly and relaxed into his arms and rested her head against his shoulder to not resist and make the act of carrying her more difficult.

She felt them make haste and upon hearing Sanina tell him about Varia missing. She realized Sanina was right. Varia, though hot headed had refused to come with them to the dock. She hoped they could find her in time to make the dock. She really didn't mind being in his arms which made her a little alarmed that she was getting too comfortable with Viktor which was a a tad unusual for her. She hadn't gotten close to anyone in a long time. She didn't want to intrude in his life.

____

A short time later...

The trio had found themselves in one of the local jailhouses where Varia had been left to cool her heels after running her mouth off at the police when they arrived. Wasn't the first time, and likely wouldn't be the last. As they reached her cell Viktor lowered Talyria to her feet so that she could use the wall as support.

"Can you walk?" he asked.

Her color was already looking a bit better since they had left the hospital.

Varia meanwhile took in the three of them with an incredulous look.

"You too now?" Varia demanded. She should have known Viktor would run back to Sanina. "Does no one else give a fuck as to where she's been for the past year, and why she's here now demanding we all pack our bags and piss the fuck off halfway across the world?"

____

She took her stance leaning against the wall for support. She smiled gently to Viktor and nodded that she could walk, but she knew running would be most likely not very likely if it was expected to be farther than maybe about 500 ft. Or that is how she felt, she felt her strength regaining as her body worked desperately to repair the loss of blood. She knew she needed to feed and soon, if not human food than vampire blood. Something to sustain her was needed within the next hour or she would likely go into a thirst or pass out. She wasn't sure which one since she had never let a vampire willingly feed from her other than Viktor. And she had fed through blood last time.

Hearing Varia's normal temper, she sighed in exasperation. She looked to Viktor and Sanina and knew now of all places wasn't a time to be hollering and drawing attention to themselves.

"Look Varia, I don't know this woman, nor do I trust her. But now isn't the time. Surely after we clear here and get a good enough distance you can ask away of this woman what you will. But we are on a tight schedule. So you want out or not?" She said hollowly to Varia as she leaned against the wall.

____

"And what exactly is so fucking urgent?" Varia demanded.

"Archeron and his Hunters are in the city," Viktor explained.

The information was sobering enough to let an inkling of doubt worm its way under her fiery temper, but the ember burned yet.

"And since when do we just fuck off with our tail between our legs?" Varia snapped.

"We had numbers on our side then. No longer. Tell me what you would have us do, Varia?" Viktor asked her.

She grit her teeth in agitation. "This is fucking moronic," she spat. It was about as close of a verbal acknowledgement as she was liable to give.

Sanina held out the keys to the cell that she had swiped on her way in and Viktor took them before unlocking the door.

____

Talyria just sighed again at Varia's temper wasting time. She pushed off the wall slowly and walked up to Viktor, she held herself stable with some effort since she was still slightly weak, but after the first few moments she was able to stand without a lot of effort. She looked to Viktor, then to Varia, and lastly to Sanina as she wondered about accompanying them. Hunters typically didn't bother her. Something in her kept saying she wanted to stay by Viktor which was slightly unsettling since she didn't want to be bound to anyone. Not again, not ever again would she let someone get that close to her to hurt her again. She knew most vampires only cared for kin of their own blood and their sires anyway. So she wasn't sure why Viktor had disobeyed his sire to bring her along.

"We are going to cut close to our deadline if we don't get moving." She reminded them hollowly as she looked to Sanina.

She felt unwelcome by all but Viktor. Maybe it was residual effects of the dream, memory, or whatever they shared making her feel that way. She caught herself staring at Viktor from behind him and looked away quickly. She had no place among those she fed from, what was her mind fooling and playing with her like this for anyway. She shook her head to get rid of the image of their shared vision and frowned in aggravation. Not now, don't remind me damn it. She thought to herself as she stood behind Viktor waiting for them to get Varia out and be on their way.

as written by Tiko

Julian stood behind a podium on the steps of the Westeria City Hall building as he faced the large crowd of press that had turned out for his statement that he was about to make. Sitting on the pavement next to him was a large rottweiler that had become something of a mascot during his tenure as acting mayor.

As he was given the signal that filming had begun, he lay his hands upon the podium and began to speak clearly and with confidence.

"As Westeria City's Mayoral elections draw near, it would seem there is one question that has been on everyone's mind. Will I be running for Mayor.

"Well, I'm here to happily announce that, yes, I will be running.

"As acting Mayor I was handed a great responsibility, and I made it my sole duty to make this city a safer place for each and every one of you. Together we have taken the first steps in transforming Westeria City into a capital that Terra can be proud of. I have brought a leadership and fortitude to the office of Mayor that this city has long cried out for. I have been at the forefront of the reformation of the WCPD, the installment of our neighborhood watch programs, and the birth of our National Gang Task Force.

"One thing is missing though.

"None of you chose me as your Mayor.

"In the coming weeks the city of Westeria City will have the duty of choosing its own leader to guide it through the next four years.

"It is my sincere hope that you will support me in my campaign for Mayor.

"If you should entrust me with the keys to this city, I pledge to you that our struggles to reach this point will not have been in vain. I pledge to you that we will retake our city, inch-by-inch until the ills that plague it are nothing more than a memory. I pledge that I will not rest until the criminals of this city are the ones who fear to walk the streets."

as written by Script and Sentry

It had to be a church, didn't it. Just to rub it in that he was ... unfortunately attached to a paladin of all things. Sure, Lucian was hardly a particularly upstanding paladin, all things considered, but still. The principle of the matter was there. He could already imagine Varia's reaction if she found out.

Arien had texted Lucian before setting out to ask where he was, not answering any of the follow-up questions he received about why he was asking. This was going to be ridiculous enough to explain without having to rely on texts.

The church's doors were open, and thankfully for all involved, he didn't burst into flames upon crossing the threshold. That would've just been the icing on the cake. The lobby was small, and led straight to another pair of double doors into the nave. A priest, or cleric, or monk of whatever religion the damned building was dedicated to (he hadn't bothered to read the sign) approached him and began to speak, but Arien silenced the man with a glare and a single word. "Nope."

He made his way through into the main aisle between the pews, scanning them for Lucian. His eyes caught the clock. It had taken him ten minutes to get here, so they had about an hour and a half before they'd be cutting it too close for comfort.

That really wasn't long to explain ... everything. Again.

____

Lucian was at the altar within the church, knelt down before a golden statue. His sword had been placed in a shallow bowl of water, where the paladin proceeded to bow to, his forehead on the cold, white marble. A woman chanted at his side in a dead language, her voice echoing through the pews. Lucian reached down to take the sword after getting up, but no sooner had his hand touched the water, did the bowl begin to boil. With a cry, the paladin yelped.

The woman reached into the bowl fearlessly and retrieved the sword. "You have sinned deeply in the eyes of your gods. I cannot help you, dear boy. I do not worship the enra."

Lucian looked up at her hopelessly and took the sword in a gloved hand. "That... it's fine. But thank you," he stuttered. He turned his back away from the altar, immediately smiling.

"You make it. I'm surprised."

____

"They're still mad at you, huh?" Arien remarked, having observed Lucian's attempt to grasp the sword. He stepped through the pues and approached the front of the church, ignoring the curious glance from the woman Lucian had been talking with.

"Oh, they just like being fussy," chuckled Lucian. "Nothing to be too concerned about. But hey, it's been a while!" He approached Arien and put an arm around his shoulders. "Catch me up on everything."

Arien grinned despite himself. That was a question and a half - a whole lot of everything had gone down in the last week. "I'll tell you while we walk." he said, turning to start back towards the exit again. "I always feel like I'm being judged in Churches."

"That's because you are," Lucian laughed as he took Arien to the exit. "That's the whole point."

The vampire pulled a face in response to that. "And what makes them so special that they can judge me, huh?" he queried, before shaking his head. "But nevermind that. Where to start..."

As they walked out into the open air of the street, Arien sighed. "Ever had a week where everything turns upside down? This has been one of them. And that's coming from me, the guy who normally does the turning-upside-down."

"Oh, yes. I'm familiar with that part and you doing it in particular," commented the paladin. "What's happened now?"

"I don't think we've ever talked much about my ..." he hesitated, trying to pick the right word. "... family, I guess. Though not by birth. The other vampires I hang around with. To keep this brief, Sanina - the boss-lady, the one who 'sired' most of the others - died a year or so back in a werewolf attack and a fire. So, early this week I get a call from Varia - one of the others - saying that some new hunters are in town and they shot another of my friends. I swing by to help out, then ... last night Sanina walks in."

He shook his head, "Now, I know that rising from the dead isn't totally unheard of for vampires, but... that entire place burned to the ground. She was pretty much ashes. You don't come back from that. And what's more? She had the werewolf that killed her and a bunch of others with her. Like, she was practically cradling him."

Lucian's brow pinched. He knew about necromancers - used to fight them - but this sounded like something more powerful than he'd gone up against. Something he heard stories about, like this. "Are you sure it's the same woman?"

"Pretty sure. She had a, uh ... way with words that was pretty unique." He grimaced as he thought back to the way Sanina had casually manipulated his mind the other night. "I don't think a doppelganger would be able to replicate everything about her that accurately."

"Then this is her own work. Shouldn't you be more... happy about this, though? As uncanny as it is. I may be disturbed, but you-" He pointed at Arien's chest. "I mean, this is your family, right?"

"Yyeeaaah..." Arien shrugged, "I never really knew her, honestly. I was only turned a couple months before the fire. But here's the thing... she wants us to pack up and leave. Like, abandon ship completely. Says we can't handle the hunters with the few of us that are left, and wants us to travel south to Issunar - that's a continent halfway across the world from here."

He paused, pulling Lucian aside to step out of the middle of the pavement. His expression was fixed in a frown. "They're all going. And she's right, if they know about us... it's only a matter of time before we're all corpses."

Lucian drew a hand down his chin. "So..." He held out his hand and gestured outward. "This means we're not going to see each other if you go. Is this what you're saying?"

"I..." Arien started to reply, but trailed off. "I guess... But, I don't ..." He scowled, growling with frustration. "Fuck, when did talking turn into a fucking trial." he cursed, shaking his head.

The paladin's hands came to Arien's shoulders and ran gently down his arms. "Hey," he said, looking up at him. "Just take your time. We've got time, right?"

"Less than two hours." he mumbled in response, grimacing. "Listen, I... I'm really shit at being genuine. I could ramble about emotions and stuff till I missed the boat and still not really say anything, so I'm just gonna get to the point." He looked up from the ground, sighing. "I don't wanna go without you."

Lucian paused, then ran his hands down until he was holding Arien's own. His eyes lifted to meet the vampire's. "There you go again," he snickered. "Pulling those strings of mine." He smiled at him so gently.

"You know I want to. You probably know I shouldn't."

"I know it's a big ask, but I couldn't not ask it, y'know?" Arien shrugged moodily. He'd never felt bad asking someone to abandon everything just for him before, and it definitely wasn't the first time he had. He supposed he'd never actually asked anyone to swap continents for him, so there was that.

Nodding, Lucian planted a hand on Arien's shoulder. "In the very least, I... I can't do it right now." He looked the boy right in the eyes. "I need to figure out my faith. Where I'm going with this. There's a city that I heard was filled with angels. I... I feel like there's not much else I can do. But I can find you after I do. I can promise that."

There it was. He wasn't sure if he'd expected any different. After all, the only reason people ever normally dropped everything for him was because he'd fucked with their heads. He nodded his head. "I ... well, good luck. With the faith stuff. I can't say I get it, but I get that it's important to you."

He lifted a hand to Lucian's cheek and let the corners of his mouth curl up in a small smile. "Thanks. For... well, everything. For a window into how life could be different."

He leaned in and kissed the paladin on the lips - surprisingly chastely - holding there for several seconds before moving back again. "I should probably get back to the boat. They won't wait for me."

Lucian grabbed the vampire's arm, held him there, close to him, for a while. His forehead leaned heavily on his shoulder. He didn't say anything for a while.

"I hope you fare well, Arien. Don't get killed by hunters before I'm able to find you. You promise me that."

"Heh." Arien let his face rest in the paladin's hair while he held him, taking a deep breath. "I'm not going to die any time soon. That's a promise. And you don't let your white knighting get you killed either, huh?"

He gritted his teeth, then, and stepped away. If he didn't do it now, he never would. "I... goodbye. I ... I'll miss you."

Lucian let go, hands hovering in the air where Arien stepped away from. They soon dropped, paladin's eyes doing the same, facing the ground.

"Bye..."

It was almost physically painful for him to do it, but Arien turned away and started walking. He didn't let himself look back

as written by Sentry

The first thing that Vince noticed was the whirring of the ceiling fan.

Cool breeze on his skin, beaded with sweat. His eyes squinched, wrinkling at the corners. His fingers clenched, catching smooth cloth in his hands. A swift breath was sucked in through his teeth when he opened his eyes.

A plaster ceiling.

He rocketed up and regretted it immediately, coming to his knees on the ground. In a bought of nausea, he rolled onto his side. How. How did he get here? When was the last time he felt like this? An age. He never got sick, he...

She.

Vince clasped his hand over his mouth, forehead to the floor. This was wrong. Something was wrong. She didn't do it right. A few minutes on the floor and the dizziness faded. Vince slid onto his back, breathing deeply. His fingers rolled through his hair.

"Good God," he gasped. "Fuck."

as written by Verse

Despite the ongoing, cataclysmic, destruction that rained all around him, Kazura continued his very path, heedlessly dodging flames and the myriad number of individuals that had taken up the mantle as protectors of Westeria. Buildings set ablaze caught his attention not. No, merely the atmosphere. The vague sense of familiarity. It certainly wasn't Wing City, but it wasn't not...Wing City. It was hard to fathom and collectively piece together in his head, but he could sense the similarities and differences all the same.

Support against the creature littered the streets. Spent shells rained from above as the thing passed by at some point in time, a myriad of them clattering along the ground at his side. Crimson eyes seemed to pierce the pitched black that shaded his upper visage as he continued his journey. Amid all the chaos, hardly a single figure, citizen or soldier, said a thing to him. A few running for safety tugged at his cloak in an attempt to join, unaware that they stood before a monstrous Titan the likes of which they hadn't yet witnessed. A vile entity shrouded in mystery and concealed from the eyes of those who'd sooner turn their guns on him. Keeping silent, and at bay, such a wicked energy was difficult. The ensuing madness was enough to leave him salivating in battle lust; he was a Saiyan after all.

His wandering inevitably brought him to a familiar, yet very differently set up, locale. He could only assume it to be the once grandiose plaza of Old Wing City, inevitably scrambled into something more suitable for this world. He could remember well the death of a few citizens that had come to pass in his attempt to recruit Jack Thirteen and Hatchet. The thought of that, alone, brought him to the curious wonderment of it all. Did they exist in such a world? Would they know him if they did?

Turning his attention toward the chaos some numerous blocks down from him, he could only assume it to be the creature that had plummeted from the heavens. A second Dragon, no doubt. But from his point of location, there was no telling what was going on. The sounds of shelling and gunfire only lead him to assume they'd begun attacking it.

The other had left the business sector rather ravaged, but he held no qualms in the coming calamity. The irony of it all laying in his ability to protect himself. An incoming projectile that had been swiftly net, melded, and tossed aside managed to fall in his direction. Any mere mortal would find themselves prey to the falling collection of death. But as it made it's way within mere feet of him, a direct assault of Kiai on the projectile shattered it, scattering it in all directions around him and leaving him unharmed. Idiots. All this panic and they couldn't see the death they were raining on their own citizens.

It was deliciously welcome.

as written by Tiko

Rynhart left a trail of minor damages in his wake as he shoved his way through the alleyways, and building lots that separated Hagan Avenue from Main Street, before he spilled through a tall fence and into the highway. Cars swerved to avoid him, including one police vehicle. Inside of it, Daniel Johnson had to slam his breaks and jerk the wheel of his car into a violent swerve to avoid a head-on colission.

He cursed under his breath as he undid his seatbelt and grabbed his radio to call in backup.

At the sight of what appeared to be a young child clutched in the dragon's talons, he drew his sidearm and popped the door of his car open to get out. He knelt behind the door to use it as cover as he pointed his gun at the dragon, but frankly what was his side-arm going to do against a dragon of that size?

He gripped his gun in his hands and held it steady, waiting. Unless it made a hostile move upon him or the other vehicles, he intended to avoid engaging it until more officers arrived.

Contrary to expectation though, the dragon simply turned its hand over and held the child outstretched towards him.

"Fuck me," he muttered under his breath.

He holstered his side-arm and quickly lowered the little girl to the pavement on the side of the road before checking her airways. The child wasn't breathing.

He called in requesting an ambulance before beginning CPR immediately. As he worked to revive the child, he tried to use his body as best he could to shield her from the torrential downpour in an attempt to prevent excess water from getting into her airways.

Rynhart meanwhile knew that Tech Con wouldn't be more than moments behind him. The pain of his injuries were difficult to think through, and he was having a hard time of it. He dared not attempt to shapeshift under such conditions, and his broken wings left him feeling trapped. Every instinct in him wanted to put him back in the air, but for the time being he was grounded.

as written by barney_fife

Rynhart wasn't far off, in the distance, weaving through the traffic of parked an abandoned cars were a trio of Tech Con technicals, each of them closing the distance fast.

A flurry of blue-green plasma seared towards the Dragon from one of the trucks, while a second fired a brilliant green bolt of energy that seemed to boil sparks and plasmic energy.

The Plasma and Fuel rods continued their course, all towards the Dragon despite the Cop, and the small child close by.

as written by Script

On the far side of the street, one of Butcher's fireballs had struck a small apartment building over a music shop, and much of the three-storey building was ablaze, with one side of the uppermost floor collapsed. Most of the inhabitants had escaped out onto the street and moved to a safe distance, but one man was screaming about his wife right outside the door.

Abruptly, the side of the building burst outwards, and two figures dropped out onto the street. They were surrounded by a layer of rock and stone that was itself coated with soot. Lyssa, one of the two rose to her feet, and the stone crumbled from around them both.

The man ran over to them, dropping down by the woman who remained kneeling on the ground. Lyssa turned to him, "She's inhaled a lot of smoke. Get her to the hospital, now." she instructed. "And for pity's sake, get away from the burning building!"

There was scarcely time for him to respond, though, as mere moments later a dragon erupted out onto the far side of the highway.

"Fucking hell!" Lyssa swore, "Get out of here, now!" she instructed, before launching herself towards the chaos developing where Rynhart had emerged.

She gestured and muttered an arcane phrase under her breath as she ran, and a flood of magic filled her body. As she reached the road, she jumped, and with the aid of the magic launched herself high into the air. She sailed right across that side of the road and landed only a few metres from where the traffic had ground to a halt before Rynhart, just in time to witness him hand over the child.

Hesitating, she eyed the dragon warily, but its body language suggested nothing aggressive. She left the police officer to tend to the child, stepping forwards to approach the dragon carefully. "Can you understand me?" she asked, her eyes flicking to its shredded wings. "Your wings are hurt. We need to get you out of-"

Her sentence was interrupted by the loud retort of the Tech Con technicals, and she turned towards them with a curse. Reflexively, she stamped her foot, causing a section of the highway to jut upwards and form a protective wall between her and the blast.

Some of the plasma impacted her wall and burned a number of wounds in it, but its thickness protected her from injury as it splashed against the stone.

as written by Tiko

Daniel paused as the girl took in a gasping breathe of her own, followed by hoarse coughing. He rolled her onto her side, to try and keep the rain out of her airways, and rubbed her arm.

"It's okay, you're going to be okay," he told her.

She let out a few more weak coughs before falling silent, her breaths shallow at best. He kept rubbing her arm comfortingly as he waited restlessly for the ambulance to arrive, but she didn't appear to be conscious.

The reckless driving of the Tech Con vehicles drew his attention away from the child. What on earth where they doing? The answer became rapidly apparent as the dragon wheeled about with a snarl to faced off against the approaching vehicles. It widened its stance so as to brace itself against whatever they unleashed.

"This situation is about to get out of control," he spoke into his radio. "We have Tech Con mercenaries en route. The dragon is not hostile."

No response came over the radio.

Unbeknownst to Daniel, the WCPD itself was under assault and those who should have coordinated a unit to his location where either dead, or fighting for their life.

He shouted and waved his arms, trying to get the Tech Con vehicles to break off, but they showed no sign of slowing as they opened fire on the dragon in the middle of the highway. He ducked his head instinctively as streaks of plasma filled the air and quickly scooped the child up into his arms to find cover.

as written by Tiko

Not everyone had the same level of sense to clear the street though.

"Oh my god, are you seeing this?" a teenage boy asked his girlfriend.

The girl had grabbed onto his arm to pull at him in a vain attempt to get him to budge.

"Come on, we need to get out of here!" she shouted at him.

"No fucking way, this is so cool," he told her as he held his camera phone up to film the dragon fight.

"Are you fucking serious?" she asked.

As it became apparent that he was, she gave up on him and turned to run down the street away from the shooting. The boy on the other hand kept on filming, right up until karma smacked him in the face in the form of a fuel rod cannon.

as written by Tiko

Rynhart fared better against the plasma bolts than it had the Stormbringers, and they failed to penetrate his armored hide. The fuel rod cannons proved more formidable though, and each explosion shook the dragon to its core, driving it back until it finally was knocked from its feet to crash down upon the vehicles in the road.

Screams filled the air as people spilled out of their cars, running in all directions to escape the chaos. Numerous cars were aflame from plasma fire, and many civilians lay dead in the streets or crushed beneath the dragon. Nearly among them was Daniel, and the aschen child.

Daniel lost his footing as Rynhart's massive form crashed down beside him, but he quickly regained it again as he fell against an abandoned vehicle. He scarcely had the time to reflect on his fortune before he caught a flash of green out of the corner of his eye and the car exploded.

____

It was difficult to make out much anymore through the haze of ozone and steam, but Rynhart was far from spent. Fury found its way through the blinding pain as Tech Con continued to cost the lives of civilians in their blind zealotry to shoot anything that didn't appear human. With the street clearing and the cars largely abandoned, he had room to move.

With a heave he rolled to his side to try and regain his footing while his jaws clamped closed around a massive dump truck. With a snap of his neck, the truck was flung through the air with immense force. Tumbling like a log, it crushed several cars on its path to the three tech con vehicles, and given how congested the highway was with abandoned cars, they would find themselves with very limited maneuverability room.

As the truck came careening through the air, it landed on a pair of Technicals, killing several Mercenaries before they could bail out of the trucks. The remaining ones quickly abandoned their vehicles and scattered behind various parked cars. With the highway clear, they were able to use heavier weaponry.

With the mercenaries hiding in the fog, and behind vehicles, they considered their next options, while a Condor VTOL Swung wide around the Dragon's position, landing on the other side of the Dragon on the highway, it's Hatch open and Security personnel moved out and fanned around the Dragon.

Coordinating a battle plan, the Mercenaries positioned themselves while one of them prepared a Javelin AT Missile. With the missile prepped, the Mercenary entered in targeting coordinates, and tried to get a firing solution on the dragon amid the smoke and ozone.

"Get down!" He called into the radio, before he crouched behind an overturned pickup, and fired the missile.

There was a flash and an audible hiss before the missile started screaming towards the Dragon, carrying a High-Explosive Squash head that would likely liquefy the dragon's insides should the missile hit home.

as written by Verse

Rescue efforts in all directions kept Kazura's attention, for the most part, as he continued his meandering through the city. Everything was a mash between old and new, and he'd continued to discover that from block to block. The woman he'd skewered via flagpole certainly hadn't been fibbing to him. She'd been absolutely correct in everything she'd said. It almost made him feel somewhat remorseful for killing her as he had. He could have used her now to probe for additional information. Besides. She'd died a whole four floors lower than he could have accomplished had he taken her to the roof.

It was during his musings, an inevitable jolly little cackle escaping his lips, that he was once again grabbed by a random individual. The hail of spent bullet shells continued to rain from time to time as the creature causing rampant discord continued its devastation, their presence irritating the vermilion eyed tyrant as he was held fast to, inevitably finding himself showered with them. "Mister! You've gotta get out of here! Can't you see it's dangerous!? You'll die if you're not careful!"

Erin Normec was your average everyday business owner in Westeria. Fine man. Four children. Three boys and a lucky daughter. Nice wife who could stay at home and be the glorified fifties housewife every man wanted. If there was one thing that could offer success, it was owning a business in one of Westeria's plaza's. Especially if that business was a clothing store. But today, he wanted to be anywhere but the plaza. From the look of things, he wasn't sure what percentage of the city was now burning, and hoped that his home in the hills was left rather untouched. But it was in his haste to escape that he did the best he could as a concerned citizen to help others escape. At the time, he'd been herding individuals into the nearest subway, suspecting that most of the underground network would at least be safer than roaming around out on the streets looking for safety that way.

Trying to do such a thing with Kazura, though, was a sure fire way to get hurt. The moment Kazura whirled on him and Erin gazed into the endless pools of malevolent iniquity was when he froze. His speech capabilities came to a halt and his lips began to quiver. A single look into the monsters eyes had revealed his folly. "Unhand me, wretched cur." The words were sharp enough to pass through steel. Lifting his opposite hand, Kazura snatched the front of Erin's shirt and carelessly flung him aside. The force at which he'd loosed the individual was enough to break the mans fingers as his grip slipped from Kazura's arm. Sailing through the air, the man had only a few seconds time to bellow out in horrendous shock before his body clipped a light pole and rebounded into the side of a car, smashing the passenger door in and shattering its window. Erins body fell limp rather swiftly as blood began to ooze from his parted lips. Eyes rolled around in their sockets as he lay in a hunched mess, but the most disheartening realization was that he'd not died from the two impacts. Nearly every bone fractured, or shattered, in some way, he was still somehow on the precipice of life and death.

It hardly mattered to Kazura, though, as he turned and continued his journey. Those that had witnessed the act screeched out in terror, fleeing in all directions. Soldiers and other law officials, too caught up in what had been going on overhead, also fell daft on the event that had transpired, either paying no heed, or too far from the actual even to witness it. The tyrant was not one to play games, and certainly didn't appreciate unnecessary contact. To touch him without the smallest inkling as to who he was was to tempt death.

And such a scenario reared it's ugly head not but four blocks down, deeper into the heart of the city. As he made his way down an avenue, smoldering wreckage lay littered about in all directions. Buildings, or what was left of their statuesque carcasses, swaddled in flames groaned all around him. Rescue workers did the best they could with what little numbers they had, vast in most certain cases but not this, trying to remove people from danger. As Kazura rounded a city block, his simple little jaunt as carefree appearing as it could be, he found himself confronted by an officer. Halted, his gaze fell to the lawman's as he listened. "Sir, this block is off limits. I'm afraid you can't go this way. It's too dangerous, and we're trying to escort men, and women, to safety. If you could just follow..." He began, only to be cut off by Kazura's raised hand. "If you don't step aside, you feeble swine, you'll know what too dangerous means." He chillingly warned. Of course. Such a tone, and such words, put the officer on edge and his hand swiftly fell to his sidearm in preparation. The action alone brought a twisted sneer of delight from Kazura. "Hands where I can see them! Don't you move!" The officer bellowed, taking no chances at the sight of that heinous grin. He'd seen enough loons in Westeria to constitute such action. He wasn't about to be found laying face down in the gutter.

Complying, though, Kazura's arms slowly rose from under the confines of his cloak. Spying Onikussaiga, the officer trained his weapon on the tyrant before moving in. Ever calmly, he released one hand from his gun in a bid to reach out and snatch the sword from Kazura's waist. In hindsight, he should have thought twice but as he was reaching for it, he figured it was better that he reach for it than let the guy grab it and throw it on the ground. Swords weren't something to play around with here. Nor were the guys playing samurai with them. It was as he managed to get his hand within an inch of it that Kazura's hands moved. The officers eyes darted over to catch them, his trigger finger reacting instantly. Kazura's head swiftly fell to the side, bullet merely passing through his crimson tresses and loosing a few hairs in the process while singing others. The vermilion eyed Tyrant's hand quickly fell, driving the gun holding hand off to the side, breaking it with ease in the process. The other rose hardly a moment later securing the officer by his under jaw. With little effort, the male was lifted from his feet, kicking them, before an audible crack of his jaw being shattered from the force of Kazura's grip was heard. Murmured, hummed, cries could be heard before another audible snap signified the twisting of his neck to the point of breaking. Flinging him off to the side, he continued yet again.

"Pesky little gnats. Always trying to stand in the way of my enjoyment. When will they learn their place..." He mused to himself, continuing on his way. "Should know better than to be alone, too..." He continued, cackling some to himself. Whisking into the shadows of the buildings, he did his best to avoid anymore police presence in the immediate area, though it was growing increasingly more difficult the closer he came to the WCPD.

✪✪✪✪✪✪✪​

The journey across the city was hectic, but with little time on his hands Vegeshin chose to rely on more serious methods. His figure began to fade from view, almost as if lines of him were ebbing away; the result of instantaneous transmission. Vanishing in the blink of an eye, he'd reappear a distance down the street before repeating the process. In between buildings. Into buildings. Soon he could feel the presence of Rynhart and used that as an anchor point to Instant Transmisson to. With beans in pouch, Shissaiga at his side, and a whole host of energy to expend, Vegeshin was certainly ready to do what he could. It had been awhile since he'd been in action of this magnitude, and it surprisingly felt refreshing to be of service.

What he hadn't accounted for, though, was appearing in the midst of yet another battle. Catching sight of the dump truck as it clattered end over end, tumbling, he watched it flatten some poor, misguided, souls. Cringing some, he turned his attention on to the aircraft as it swung around and landed, spilling out even more of the pesky, gun toting, men. Hardly wasting any time, he proceeded to dash through the air in a bid to reach Rynhart, but in his journey heard the loose of a missile. Eyes as sharp as a hawks, he narrowed his brows and burst forth even faster, hooking around in a large arc to get a far better angle on it. Conventional weaponry, even if of this sort, weren't something too difficult to deal with for individuals of his caliber. That wasn't to say the outcome could become grim, but he figured he'd be fine.

Closing in on it, his figure rapidly spun around in the air, coming to a completely inverted position in the air before swinging his right leg toward the ground, the crook of his ankle catching the missile somewhere in the rear third of the flying death spear. His strength alone would have it buckle and contort in a vicious bend, opting to use just enough power to cripple it, but not detonate it. He wasn't aware of how volatile the payload on it was. Post connection, his figure would continue in its spiral twist before his figure burst forth once more toward Rynhart's position. Hopefully, he'd dealt with the last of that AT missile. Nearing the hulking behemoth, his hand fell to his side to slip into the pouch. Fishing around, he secured one of the Senzu Beans before coming to a halt at the Dragons side. "Here, Dragon. Eat this. It'll taste strange, then again maybe not for a creature of your stature. Regardless, it'll heal your wounds and put you back to peak physical form." He swiftly explained, tossing it in the general direction of the giants mouth. He hadn't seen what this being was capable of, but by sight alone...at peak power, he could only assume it was like fighting a Titan and that...would be a powerful ally in the wake of all that was happening.

as written by Script

"Are these assholes mad?" Lyssa swore repeatedly as yet more weapons were directed at the dragon and her position, crouching behind her barricade. She glanced up in time to see another figure intervene to smack a missile out of the sky -- or she assumed that was what had happened. All she saw was a blur and then the missile was deflected, and the new guy was descending towards them.

"Right. More missiles. They're mad," she muttered under her breath, coming to a decision. She didn't have the full picture of what was going on here, but with the amount of firepower these soldiers were throwing around on a highway full of civilians, at a dragon that had handed a kid over to a cop... she was willing to make a guess at who she should be protecting.

The haze and the smoke worked to her advantage as she moved, a single figure largely lost in the clouds of dust. She made no move to avoid them, however - she didn't need to use her eyes to see. Every movement the mercenaries made, every footfall, sent vibrations through the earth that her Shaitan nature allowed her to detect.

She shifted her stance and swept out a hand in the direction of the mercenaries that had emerged from the Vtol on the far side of the dragon. Her Shaitan magic honed in on the metals within their weaponry, and as she drew her arm back, they were pulled forcefully towards her and the dragon's position, wrenched out of the mercenaries' grips.

as written by Ronin

A squad of TAF guardians and enforcers stormed onto the scene, quickly taking up positions along the perimeters. Marines on raptor packs armed with hellcannons swooped in from the sky, hovering above the battle-torn streets at strategic points.

"Everyone! Disarm!" the lead marine roared through a vox, hovering closest to the ground. His voice echoed through several blocks. "This is the TNG! Next person who fires gets fucked up!" A dozen hellcannons immediately trained on both the trucks and the dragon, while the ground troops flooded into the streets, guns raised. They perched behind cars and slabs of cement, training rifles on Veji, Lyssa, the mercenaries and any other bystanders and civilians caught up in the crossfire. "On the ground!" they shouted, "on the ground!" Several guardians took positions around Rhynhart, stacking their troops with the hellcannons overhead - ready to put five different kinds of firepower into the rampaging beast if need be.

Any injured civilians on the outskirts of the war zone would quickly be checked and stabilized. Those who appeared unharmed were quickly cuffed and escorted off the site. The combatants, and any individuals caught in the thick of the fighting, would need to disarm and stand down before the marines dared to venture further into the highway.

as written by Tiko

The explosion of the deflected missile washed over Rynhart's scaly hide, but without a direct hit the damage was relatively contained. Once again gratitude. Given Vegeshin's actions up until this point, Rynhart opted in favor of trusting the stranger.

His jaws slammed closed over the offered object with a crash that would have split a boulder into rubble, and the effect was immediate. A healing energy washed over him, swiftly mending the burns in his hide and re-knitting broken bones.

He didn't wait to revel in his rejuvenation though, lest he wind up right back where he began.

Even as the TAF started to spill onto the scene masked by thick clouds of steam, and heavy sheets of rain, Rynhart twisted around to face the Vtol. The mercenaries crouched behind the cars behind his back weren't forgotten though, and they would swiftly learn that both ends of the gargantuan beast were an equal threat.

As he turned around in the street, his powerful tail swept behind him and crashed through the abandoned cars to crumple them together against one another in the hopes of catching at least some of the Tech Con soldiers between the contorting metal frames as the street was swept clear in a wide swath.

The Tech Con mercenaries had the dragon surrounded, and it fought as a cornered animal might under such circumstances.

The shout of the TAF marine was drowned out beneath the deafening roar that erupted from Rynhart's maw with a sonic boom that shattered the windows of all the vehicles between him and the fanned out tech con soldiers that had exited the Vtol. Those caught in its wake - Tech Con and TAF alike - were liable to be shaken and disoriented, but not physically harmed. With visibility near non-existent, the TAF soldiers were little more than shadowed forms moving in on him alongside those who were already unloading heavy weapons to bring him down.

Overhead through the haze of steam and rain, more flashes of green lanced through the sky and a second smaller dragon was felled somewhere over the distant city.

As the dust began to settle from the missile's explosion, and the mercenaries found their weapons wrenched free from their grip; a lone figure was making his way through the mangled wreckage and dead bodies that littered the highway.

The strange figure was adorned in heavy Tech Con armor, and a skull shaped facemask that obscured his face and left only two eyeholes visible, which revealed a pair of shimmering icy blue eyes.

He first looked to Vegeshin, and then to Lyssa as the torrential downpour, the dust, the ozone, and the smoke suddenly found itself clearing out through a powerful whirlwind, allowing everything to be seen fairly clearly. The strange figure still staring at the pair.

"Like a rabid animal this thing needs to be put down." He said, using his abilities to carry his voice like a megaphone, which boomed through the highway.

"Stand aside so that I may terminate this dragon's life for his damages to Tech Con Property. Interfere at your own peril, but know that your magic and your Ki energies are no match for the power that I command." The figure said, taking more steps forward as wrecked cars, bodies, and mud parted ways to provide the figure with a clear path towards Rynhart Of course the strange figure's assault had already begun, as gravity began to ramp up immediately around the dragon, which meant movement would be much more difficult.

A lamp post was wrenched free from the ground, a chunk of Cement still attatched to it. Like a great club, an unseen force moved to swing the concrete and metal club down across the dragon's Jaw, in a tandem attack, the strange figure sent two car flying towards Vejeshin and Lyssa. The Terran Marines would be completely ignored, rather a powerful dome shaped barrier was erected immediately around them, intending to prevent the Dragon's escape, and the TNG Forces from interfering.

The remaining Tech Con mercenaries promptly followed back, those that weren't trapped in the dome barrier would move to heed the commands of the TNG, surrendering.

as written by Script

The sonic boom from Rynhart's roar had left Lyssa's ears ringing, cutting out all the noise of the chaos around her - including both the TAF marine and the new arrival's calls. She remained clueless as to the intent of the approaching figure, until she saw the car launched at her. An enemy, then, she noted dryly in her thoughts. At least he made it simple.

As the car flew at her, she jumped upwards, an impossible leap that carried her straight over the top of it, to land on the far side on top of a bus. She turned as she landed, extending her hands towards Rynhart. As she did so, a faint aura of magic flashed around him briefly before vanishing. The dragon would find himself abruptly enhanced - both his speed of movement and reaction doubled beyond his normal physical limitations.

As she did so, however, the magical energies around her suddenly warped. A crackle of energy jumped from her hands and straight into her chest, as the chaos of her wild magic created a secondary effect from her spell. She blinked her eyes, glancing down at herself to see what had happened - but she could neither see nor feel any change.

She shook her head. There was no time for worrying about that now. This seemed likely to be a fight for her life.

Back