Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Westeria City: Azure Heights

as written by Script, Tiko, and Rōnin

The energy rapidly flowing out of the spacecraft was like a beacon to Aiedai's awareness. With Bishop gone, she immediately released her focus on the anti-psionic aura and redirected her focus on the blast. A sphere of psionic energy flashed into being around it, whilst simultaneously protective energy surrounded Vegeshin to guide him out of the blast safely, and despite the immense forces and heats involved in the explosion, the air beyond the sphere was not so much as disturbed. The energy of the mighty blast had to go somewhere, however, and so Aiedai turned her eyes skyward.

Like a beacon, the energy of the explosion speared into the sky, scything a path through the clouds and out into the void of space, where it was left to disperse harmlessly.

The troopers surrounding Rynhart tensed at the explosion, for a moment blinded by the pillar of fire and light. They relaxed soon after, realizing that the damage had been directed away from the highway. Their scouters quickly turned to Rynhart, registering a massive power boost emanating off of him. They raised their rifles warily, unsure if he was responsible for saving their asses, or if this was the beginning of yet more trouble...

With the battle seemingly done, Aiedai dismissed the celestial blade in Rynhart's hand, and relinquished her hold on his mind. The faint aura of light around his form faded with her passing.

In the wake of Aiedai's departure, Rynhart seemed to come back to himself as he finally responded to the TAF soldiers moving to surround him. With Aether rifles trained on him he didn't make any sudden moves and instead raised one hand up in a show of complacency as he lowered himself to his knees. As he did so, his facial features shifted once more and the visage of Bishop was replaced with his earlier human one.

An enforcer quickly stepped forward and moved behind Rynhart, attempting to bring the man's hand down behind his back and cuff him. With the battle raging, they had no time to Miranda him and ask questions.

As he moved to restrain Rynhart's other arm, something was clearly wrong though. Beads of sweat dotted Rynhart's face, which had a pale sheen to it, and his left arm hung loose, broken where it had been pinned between two vehicles.

Without any immediate cues to clue them into his broken arm, the enforcer swiftly cuffed him and pulled him to his feet - thankfully, by his right bicep. "Come on, let's move!"

"Scouting for radiation..." another nodded, his scouter running tests over the blast area.

They would swiftly move Rynhart off the highway, and though clearly in pain he seemed to be remaining cooperative and complacent for the time being.

as written by Rōnin and Tiko

Most of those detained on the highway would be only briefly questioned and given medical attention before being sent on their way. Those more intimately involved in the fight, however, would be arrested and taken to the nearest WCPD precinct.

A police van pan pulled up to to a precinct off of Sol, an Enforcer hopping out of the passenger door and rounding to the back. Opening it, he motioned for the detainees to come out into the street. Two of them, disheveled looking men in combat armor, growled at the trooper as they marched towards the precinct.

"You there," the enforcer looked towards the back of the van, "come on out."

Rynhart scooted his way towards the open door of the van, but when the enforcer grabbed his arm to hurry him along, his legs buckled and he dropped to one knee on the pavement. With the adrenaline of the situation having left his system, even the gentle grip upon his arm was enough to set his stomach churning and his vision swimming.

"Arm's broken," he hissed out between grit teeth. "My name's Rynhart, I'm with the Elysian Vanguard."

The enforcer paused immediately. The broken arm was enough to pull his hand away, but the Vanguard? That was something else entirely. The trooper looked the man up and down - tall. Beat-up jacket. Slightly pale in the face. This guy looked like he'd come straight out of an alleyway ... certainly not the kind of hero that comprised one of Valore's most formidable fighting forces.

"Vanguard. Right." He called over a couple nearby officers. "Okay Mr. Hero, let's just focus on getting you inside. Your legs work okay?"

Rynhart hadn't expected much else in response, and frankly his words had only been half-true. He hadn't associated with the Vanguard in nearly a year now, but the information would get his situation and his name being circulated to the right people so that it could be sorted out. No doubt there would be a lot of questions to go around.

In the meanwhile he got his foot back under him to get back to his feet. The frailty of a human form was one he was well experienced with, but it didn't make the experience the least bit more enjoyable as was evident in the man's ashen face as he nodded.

"Good," the enforcer nodded, "alright. Nice n easy. We're gonna go inside and take care of that arm. Then we're asking you some questions. Hopefully you'll be out of here soon."

Two officer stood on either side of Rynhart, ready to support him by his waist if he stumbled again. With no charges levied against him yet, he wouldn't need to be processed ... though he was certainly a person of interest in the scheme of things. Whoever this guy was, he'd been caught up in the thick of the fighting ... a skirmish of godlike proportions that had involved rampaging dragons, nuclear explosions and military grade weaponry. As far as the enforcer was concerned, he was lucky to only get off with a broken arm.

As Rynhart entered the precinct, he would be greeted to the sight of organized chaos. With the main HQ under attack, the branch departments were seeing a lot of traffic as the TNG and WCPD struggled to bring order back to their city. Scores of people rushed to and fro, names called out through the mobs to tables lining the inside of the lobby or to other rooms. Detective and officers took statements, jotting down notes on scraps of paper. Medics made rounds, treating the injured as best they could, directing the more seriously injured to vans that would take them to a hospital. Much of the traffic was from the NPA HQ and main WCPD precinct. Much of it was just the consequences of the Butcher's rampage, the collateral damage of destroyed homes and looted stores.

"How you holding up?" The enforcer directed Rynhart to a table against the wall. "Sit on top of this. I'll get'cha a medic."

"Not as bad as we all will be shortly," Rynhart answered. "The Aschen military is en route. And they're not looking to arrive quietly."

He grimaced as he leaned against the table, not much enjoying the prospect of trying to sit down on it - especially with his hands still cuffed behind his back. For now he opted for just resting against it.

He wasn't entirely sure how he was going to explain what he knew, and frankly he was having a hard time getting his own head around it. The fragments of what he had seen while Aiedai was in his head were rapidly fading and difficult to piece together after having relinquished the alteran form. A human mind simply wasn't evolved to comprehend the scope of knowledge he had been subjected to.

As Rynhart was situated at the table, the two officers dispersed.

"Aschen, huh?" if Rynhart could see the enforcer's face beneath his visor, he would have seen the trooper rolling his eyes. "Well it sounds like you've got a lot to talk about. Just sit tight while I find-"

"He from the highway fight?" a dark-skinned woman in a dress shirt stepped forward, wiping her hands with paper towels. Her sleeves were rolled and a tie hung loose around her neck.

"Yeah. You a mage?"

"No mages here. Just a former RN." She stepped towards Rynhart, giving him a once-over. "Detective Aubrie Jerome."

The enforcer cocked his head. "A cop too?"

"Pulling double duty today," she took a magnetic slidekey from her belt and stepped around Rynhart. "Been years since I've been back in the nursing mindset, but I seem to be doing alright so far." She swiped across the cuffs and clattered to the floor. Coming back around, she looked Rynhart in the eye. "Means I'll be questioning you too. Heard you were involved in quite the scrap. We'll take care of that arm first, though." She pulled a medkit from beneath the table and strapped on a pair of gloves.

The enforcer stood off to the side, rifle cradled. The detective looked over her shoulder at him.

"I think we're good here, officer," she nodded, "there's a dozen other places you're needed more."

He nodded once. "You sure?"

She shook her head. "He's not gonna give me any trouble." She turned to Rynhart, a light smile touching her lips. "Are you gonna give me trouble?"

"Do I look it?" he asked. "A chair wouldn't go unwanted though."

"You never can tell in this city," she replied, pulling over a small wire chair and gesturing for him to sit.

He took the seat, grimacing as he used the table to lay his arm upon. Even without being able to see the extent of the damage through his coat, he knew the break was bad. Bad enough that he dare not try to shift forms to something more recognizable.

"We should start by taking off that jacket, though. You got long sleeves on underneath?" She inspected the heavy duster. Wouldn't be easy to get something like this off of Rynhart without aggravating his wound. Reaching into the medkit, she removed a knife and a pair of scissors. "I'm gonna just cut the sleeve off. Try not to move." She lined the scissors beneath the cuff of his sleeve and made slow, careful cuts up his arm.

"Also, since I'll be questioning you," she continued, "you should know that you don't have to speak to me if you don't like ... though it would make the next few hours a bit more difficult. Also, whatever you say can be used to incriminate you." She reached the top of his shoulder and took a new angle, beginning to cut around his shoulder. "You can talk to a lawyer if you want. If you can't afford one, we'll get one for you." A second later and the sleeve came loose. She peeled the two halves off his arm and set the clothing scrap on the table.

"Anything you want to tell me right off the bat?" She looked up at him. "This would be a whole lot easier for me and for you if you're honest with me throughout all this."

"Like I told the others," Rynhart grit out between clenched teeth. "My name's Rynhart, I'm with the Vanguard."

The exposed forearm was swollen and both the radius and ulna had been fractured at multiple points. It was only a wonder how much further damage had been inflicted by handcuffing the man and tossing him into a van to be taken here rather than to a hospital. From the look of his clamy skin and rapid heart-rate, the signs of shock were more than evident.

Aubrie took one look at Rynhart's arm before deciding there was nothing she could do for him here. This man needed a hospital. She flipped up her Caddy. "Higgs, it's Jerome. Give me one more for that wagon to General. Communited arm fractures, shock onset."

She grabbed another chair and slid it near his legs. "Put your feet up. Breathe deeply, in and out." She put a hand on his other arm below his wrist and checked his pulse. "So you're with the Vanguard." Her voice was steady and calm, devoid of condescension or ridicule. "You were in the city helping with the fires and the dragon?"

"That was the intention," Rynhart answered. "How bad is it out there?"

"It's winding down," she replied, "NPA HQ, WCPD main precinct and the Government Center all got hit. Lots of damage, but we're getting it under control. Did you get this break fighting that dragon?"

"No. That would be everyone but the dragon," he answered with a grimace.

She smiled. "You must mean Tech Con. Heard a second dragon crashed somewhere in Hagan Avenue. Must've been fun." She reached into the medkit and retrieved a crumpled aluminum bag. Crumpling it in her hands, it glowed a soft blue and began to chill. An ice pack.

"Heard it was huge," she continued, "you get a look at it?"

Any further questioning would need to wait though as medical personnel arrived to have Rynhart transported to the nearby hospital.

as written by Temple

Aeson was well out of Little Shintenchi by now with the architecture changing and the obvious signs of destruction and utter chaos that had hit this city. The demi god continued his gait down the ruined street steering clear of the carnage as he moved along. He was however quickly impeded by another figure before him that walked from the alley cloaked in robes of black and green, Aeson stopped at the sight of the man and the various small rodent sized flesh demons that swarmed around his feet.

"I am Aeson Maro, Holder of the Divine Flame and remnant of a long dead civilization. Who are you to stop my going?" Aesons voice a firm calm that spoke volumes about how the man handled situations.

The dark clad figure looked up from beneath his hood acting as if just now he saw the mage in front of him.

"I am Jarad Vonwerden, The Ankou and a Simple Necromancer. I suppose I'm not as helpful as you are hear but I am able to gather necessary life force from these deaths in order to further my own agenda." Jarad's voice rather deep and rumbling as if touched by his magic.

"I do however send their soul on to the next life unless of course they're a rather depraved individual then I keep their soul with the others in my staff. But my new found friend it may be better of us to band together here then to fight each other. Though our ideals may differ to some extent. So, what do you say to sticking together?" Jarad had spoken before Aeson his voice changed to his softer more normal tone.

Aeson hesitated for a moment before speaking again. It was true that together they would be stronger and could play off their abilities but to do so would take quite a bit of communication. This partnership would be going against his basic ideals of necromancers though. To fight along side one would be a bitter blow to his father who fought against such evil. But with things escalating, it would only do good at this point. He would continue to look out for his other companions that were sent forth by their fathers and mothers.

"Very well. We shall form this team. Know this though, do not attempt to siphon my life force or you will meet with fire." Aeson being quite clear on that.

"Then it is settled. Let us get moving then." Jarad turned tapping a nearby body with his staff as green orbs lifted from body and were sucked into his staff.

Aeson who caught up beside the necromancer and his small undead minions was already regretting this new found relationship.

as written by Script

The Aschen descended on the city with cataclysmic booms of their gravity lifts striking the ground. Windows shattered and buildings shook with the impacts, and civilians scattered away from them. When the Aschen emerged with their weapons, many immediately complied, fleeing towards their homes or the nearest shelter.

But others were not content to merely walk away. Anger was at a peak after witnessing the indiscriminate destruction rained down from the Aschen reverence after many had seen Tech Con's collateral in combating Butcher on the news.

"Get out of our city!" One man yelled angrily, standing his ground in the street near an intersection where one of the Aschen bases had landed.

Others joined him, quickly forming a small mob of defiant citizens. "You have no right to threaten us!" a woman shouted.

A teenage girl with pink-streaked hair brandished one of the propaganda leaflets dropped by the bombers. "Do you expect us to believe this crap? Murderers! Out! Out! Out!"

The chant spread through the mob like wildfire until it was a chorus, rising above the noise of the chaos. "Out! Out!" they yelled, "Out of our city! Off of our planet!"

It seemed like it was inevitable that blood would be shed. Many of the mob were more than simply human and ready to fight back. Before any shots were fired, however, a figure descended from overhead with a roar of jets. A cheer rose up from the crowd as Aiedail hovered above the confrontation, her arms morphing and growing outwards to fit her with a veritable arsenal of weapons ranging from small turrets, to plasma cannons and rocket launchers.

"Cease all hostilities!" she demanded, her voice broadcasted loudly. "This is TNG soil, cease threatening citizens immediately or I will be forced to intervene with deadly force! Citizens, please retreat to a safe distance to avoid harm!"

as written by barney_fife

The group in the Prefabricated base remained largely composed at the angry mob, they would all inevitably be slaughtered when it came time for the men to move out into the city.

As it stood supplies and equipment were being moved into the platform, while a pair of men manning rotary plasma cannon emplacements watched the angry crowd, ready to mow them down at a moment's notice.

A Marine sergeant emerged from a prefabricated base, his weapon in hand as he stared up at the Android. "This is an Imperial Military occupation. We do not want to harm anyone, but if you challenge us you will be destroyed."

There was a brief exchange on the radio from one of the Marines, before the Sergeant offered a nod. A moment later a figure clad in all black armor slid down the gravity lift. The strange figure took a step forward, analyzing the android before a wireless communication was sent directly to Aiedail from the figure below.

"Combat Android Aiedail; your government is no longer operational here, this city is under the jurisdiction of the United Aschen Empire, and the Imperial Navy. Surrender or be destroyed. You have five seconds to comply." The figure warned, taking another step forward

The glossy, opaque black visor retracted, revealing the angular features, neatly cropped jet black hair and neon blue eyes of the Android Aiyanna.

"You have no hope to win here, your destruction is assured if you resist." She said, looking up to the Reverence, as it once again began to unleash a barrage of Turbodisruptor shots at the ships that had previously interdicted it, though unlike the first Barrage, this one did not stop, but maintained until the alien ships were destroyed.

The visor closed back over the woman's face, and she took another step forward, calculating Aiedail's next move.

"You can minimize loss of life by surrendering immediately."

as written by Script

"I do not acknowledge your government's authority here," Aiedail replied with unflinching determination. Some of the crowd below began to back away, intimidated by the strange figure or by the prominent cannon emplacements. Others were trying to subtly ready what defensive measures they had to call on to protect themselves and the rest of the crowd.

Aiedail herself slowly lowered herself to the ground, planting herself between the crowd and the Aschen soldiers firmly. "You will leave our citizens in peace, one way or another."

as written by Temple

Aeson halted Jarad as they were about to round the corner where the base had crashed down at. They now peered off from the right flank of the Aschen and the Citizens it would seem.

"Oh it looks like the humans are going to kill each other again. I hope it's not over silly gods or who the superior race is again. They never seem to learn do they?" Jarads tone sarcastic, watching the scene unfold with Aeson.

"Would you rather watch or should we help them? It's not in my nature to stand by idly after all." Aeson said still staring at the confrontation between the two sides.

"I could use some more life force, a soul or two would be nice as well. But we should probably wait till they make the first move. This way we can enter the fray easier and take out one side to our liking." Jarad said thoughtfully as he skimmed through the tome he was carrying.

"I agree. We'll attack from a range, we do not know their capabilities after all. I should be able to use some of the various rubble around here. I bet you have your own plan in mind don't you?" Aeson leaned back from around the corner looking about at some strewn metal rods.

"Oh I do indeed. Let's just hope they don't have any anti magic up and running." Jarad had stopped on a page now whilst one of the undead minions had climbed up onto his shoulder.

Now the two waited for the coming battle if there was to be one. If not they may be able to safely move on.

as written by Lobos

Pressures strained and broke in response mortal folly far above, sealed wounds breaking anew throughout space and the world below.

These pressures twisted earth and sky, a violence wrenching through the earth and rivening fissures through the district, hurricane winds tearing through Azure heights, in some places boiling even greater, plucking vehicles from the streets and hurling them like toys cast by angry gods into the buildings around. Straining foundations brought several buildings down, facades exploding in glass and mortar as they came down, some fortunate to descend as though falling straight, others careening sideways, impacting others or slamming across streets, wreaking a devastation through the district that was appalling.

Such was the rending of reality that in some portions of the area, gravity itself inverted, debris and twisting, screaming civilians falling upwards into the sky, or slid sideways down a street or into a building as the pull of “down” suddenly became senseless for a time.

Streets twisted and groaned, bucking skywards in some places, dropping into the subways and sewer systems in others. Such was the main thoroughfare containing the mob and the Aschen temporary base, sinkholes and upthrust spars grinding into being with the sound of rending stone and metal, forming the street into a twisted snarl of tortured earth.

The settling of the maelstrom of chaotic rivening was only minutes into its onslaught, but the aftermath left the keening screams of the shocked survivors, many in grief or horror at the damage inflicted by the destruction. Grumbling still sounded through the area, however, threatening more chaos.

A few streets away from the mob, a figure stumbled across a rooftop, staggering from the violent expulsion of the nether-realm from which he’d come. Hands slapped on the edge of the roof’s rise as he stared out into Azure Heights, in one the silhouette of a twin bladed scythe that rasped against the brick. “Gods above and below, what happened?”

A homecoming, into a world gone mad.

as written by birdee10

Lemon had been happily walking by on of the underground streams lit by moss when it happened. A bolt of energy engulfed her, she didn't even have time to scream before she was spit back out. But this world was not her own. That was the only thing she could comprehend around the blinding white pain. She screamed now. It was a horrible noise to her ears, one cut short by the coughing that followed. The air was horrid, filled with too many tastes, to many sounds, too much light. She draped a hand over her eyes, the pain mostly fading. She waited. There were people nearby, if only she could make it to them, then she could find her way home. She moved her hand and hissed. The world was too bright. Eyes shut tightly, she reached in to her satchel, pulling out some of the guaze all of her people carried, wraping it about her eyes. It was still to light, and the world was blobs at best, but she knew it would take her hours to adjust and she didn't have time.
Lemon looked about, trying to assess the situation. But she couldn't tell much, the ecos were off in this cave. They must be close to the surface, or thats a lot of worms she thought, heading closer to the squares of light on one side. She swiveled her head, hoping to find the sorce of all the noise. As opposed to the small squares of light, she walked through a large, mostly circular one. This tunnle mus go dow...AAAAA. She panicked, there was no floor, until there was. She had fallen in to a gore of some kind. How irregular, they need to put up new barriers. She concluded, continuing on twords the sorce of the most noise and light.

"So be it." The android on the ground replied electronically through Aiedail's communications. However, piggybacked on that message, and packed neatly within a trojan horse was a small, and rather unremarkable packet of data. But this was no ordinary data, rather it was an intruder program written by an even more advanced artificial intelligence. If it managed to slip through electronic filters, it would begin to multiply, one fragment became two, two became four, four became eight, eight became sixteen, and so fourth as the program began to rapidly multiply. Every nanosecond the AI fragment morphed and multiplied.

A dark sinister voice, backed with the mammoth computing power of quintillions of individual AIs would echo within Aiedail's artificial mind should the program gain a foothold.

"Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated."

Immediately following the initial attempt at the insertion of the Intruder program, a suite of electronic hacking followed from the Android below, without taking a single step, or making a single move, she began to wage war electronically on the Combat android, bringing down the Mammoth computing capabilities of her Calx-based meta cognitive processor which processed beyond the capabilities of any traditional computer, using the very quantum fabric of the universe as a computer.

As reality tore itself apart, Aiyanna ignored the events transpiring around her, taking care to use the power of the Calx to stabilize reality immediately around them. This resulted in everything but the prefabricated base becoming a twisted snarl of wreckage.
----

In the skies above the Reverence II continued to fire, the only evidence that there was a war in the heavens was the deafening crack of Turbodisruptor guns, and the periodic flashes of green within the stormclouds, which had intensified as the Reverence began to increase it's fire output against the ships before it. The cracking of Imperial Guns, atop the echoes of combat in other parts of the city offered an eerie backdrop for the two combatants.

The Marine Sergeant watched the two Androids, before they signalled. "Continue deployment, set up the prefabs and get ready to move towards Hagan Avenue, the other deployment points have run into heavy resistance, it'll be up to us."

The company of Marines began to split up, while heavy equipment mounted on the backs of cargo trucks were being lowered on the Gravity lifts.

"Let's go people! We've trained for this! Get these Civilians back! Secure the area!"

---

If the personality fragment managed to gain a foothold, Aiyanna would quickly switch tactics, using the fragment that was now attempting to assimilate the Android to keep the local systems busy, while Aiyanna-B also used the backdoors created by the Intruder program to attempt to shut Aiedail down before assimilation was completed.

as written by Script

Hostile sofware detected, attempting to isol-

-arning, primary firewalls failing, attempting t-

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

The attack on Aiedail's computer systems was beyond anything she was designed to defend against. Her computers were nigh on impenetrable to any system abiding by the limitations acknowledged by man, but for an entity drawing on the fabric of the universe, those limitations were non-existent.

There was only one option available to her before her mind was totally overwhelmed.

Initiating total system shutdown.

Before Aiyanna-B's attempts to shut her down even began to bear fruition, the android had determined that doing so was the only course of action available to her that did not result in hostile takeover. The light in Aiedail's eyes blinked out, and the android dropped like a dead weight to the ground below, motionless.

____

In the shelter of a doorway off of the intersection, a blonde woman stood watching the chaos. As she watched, her hands moved dexterously, tracing runes in the air around herself.

Protection.

Repulsion.

Motion.

Recall.

Precognition.

Flight.

Strength.

As each rune was traced, it flashed in the air before her briefly before fading away. Only once the full set was completed did Alanna step forth from her hiding place. Her long blue overcoat trailed behind her, but despite the torrential downpour that continued to rain from the heavens, she was seemingly dry as the rain parted over her head.

The roaring winds too left her untouched, and after her first few steps she began to hover. Her movement was awkward as she entered areas of altered gravity, but not overly impeded.

Though she was carrying weapons including pistols and a rifle, she did not reach for them. Instead, she simply spread her palms towards the Aschen soldiers moving out into the street. As she did so, the rain water drenching a large number of them near instantly froze solid, and with every droplet that fell, the layer of ice grew to freeze them fully in place like statues.

She wasn't alone. Amongst the civilians nearby, other figures were engaging the Aschen of those who hadn't been swept away by the winds and gravity.

Seemingly from nowhere, the ground beneath a group of soldiers' feet turned inky black, and writhing tentacles of pure darkness poured forth, grasping for them with great strength in an effort to bind and crush them. The tentacles themselves were highly corrosive, eating through even most metals they caught in their grip.

Moments later, a dark figure emerged from the edge of the tentacles - towering over eleven feet tall and formed entirely of shadow. It flexed monstrous-looking claws as it ponderously examined the soldiers before it, unfurling great wings of blackness before launching itself into the fray.

On the far side of the intersection, a flailing figure flew onto the scene -- seemingly falling towards a group of soldiers. The warped gravity had caught one rotting corpse of a mage up in its grip, and she catapulted towards the Aschen with a shriek that was halfway between shock and glee. Upon entering into Aiyanna's stabilised area, gravity returned to normal, but not before she had body-slammed into a soldier.

"Ooops," she remarked, "Terribly sorry about that. Gravity wins again, and all that."

as written by birdee10

Now that Lemon had fallen in the the gorge, she was soaked. Nothing was making since. Water was falling from the sky, gravity lessened and intenseafied in places, the sounds of shouting and crashing noises ecoed strangely around her. Where am I! She thought panicky, as she turned down a smaller passage, it was darker and seemed to be piled with bags or stones or something. She stepped out of the tight corridor where the sounds were strongest. It was like a wirring noise and harsh voice in a strange toung then a loud crash as the large shadow before her fell to the strange ground beneath her feet. She screamed, more quietly than before, hands going to her mouth incase it wasn't coming to get her. Maybe it hadn't seen her yet, it was trying to find her. She stepped back into the shadows of the dark corridor, waiting fir it to get up and come for her. She stayed perfectly still for a few more seconds, but than the thing didn't move, didn't even make breathing noises. Lemon held her breath and moved closer into the street, looking at the figure standing before the fallen beast.
"Hello? can you help me? I was pulled from my world, I need to go home." She said, then she realized that the figure probably didn't understand her. But what else should she do?

Aiyanna remained emotionless, staring at the newcomer as a trio of War Adepts slid down the gravity lift. These 12 foot tall behemoths sported heavy weapons, and began to advance outwards.

The resisting crowd would find their Magical attacks useless, as Antimana fields comingled with the T-99's shield generator, and Magical attacks caused the shields to flare brightly.

Aiyanna said nothing as she turned to the felled Aiedail, one of the War Adepts raising his rifle and firing into the crowd, the 20mm Slug blowing whatever it struck to gory piles of flesh and shredded viscera, these three power armored Behemoths fired indiscriminately into the crowd, until they either broke or were all killed.

Magical, physical, and otherwise seemed to flash harmlessly against shield generators, while the Adepts unleashed a torrential amount of firepower into the crowd.

"Leave now or be destroyed." The Android warned.

The Inky Tentacles emerged, and those that had the foresight to avoid them stepped back, and fired into the ground at the tentacles. The War Adepts however ignored them, the Tentacles grabbed the Adepts, but their Armor was made from a Kanvium-Ceramite Composite. Which meant the alloy was impervious to corrosion, and the brute strength of these hulking figures pulled the Tentacles until they snapped or released them, completely unhindered.

The towering monster was intercepted by a fourth War Adept, who had blinked in and moved to spear-tackle the creature with the force of a freight train. He screamed a deafening war cry, before he withdrew a Buzzsword, a chainsaw like sword with mono-molecular teeth that bit, tore, and eviscerated flesh, and he swung it down to tear the creature apart.

"Your magic will not work here." Aiyanna warned, before reality lensed and altered around her, in an attempt to dispel the newcomer's runes.

A Fifth War Adept jumped down behind her, staring at the Woman on the other side of the intersection, shouldering his Heavy Magnetron rifle.

as written by birdee10

Lemon heard screams and explosions and that was all she needed. She ran at one of the buildings on either side of her, pushing off the ground with calculated force and plenty of skill, launching herself through one of the small squares. Something shattered around her as she fell aginst the floor. She tore off the bandage. The girl knew her eyes weren't quite ready but that didn't matter, she would just have to squint. She ran to one of the openings and peered out onto the scene below. It was still fuzzy and in areas of great light she couldn't make out anything. What she could make out was a giant creature across the street that seemed to be heading for her, its arm raised, the horrible noises issuing from somewhere. A small item detached itself from the giant creature and flew towards her. Lemon dived to the floor under the window as the room above her exploded. She screamed again, a high pitched noise ment to echo for miles in a cave system incase of a collapse. She just wanted to go home!

as written by Script

Upon noting the ineffectiveness of her magic, Alanna scowled. She had always been wise enough to pick her battles, and realised that this wasn't a good one to be a part of. Before Aiyanna had finished speaking, she was shooting backwards away at high speeds, disappearing down the street.

In the meantime, the crowd broke like paper before the war adepts, screaming and scattering in all directions. The shadow creature receded into the darkness as the war adept tackled it, its form warping like a gas around him. As though acting on some unseen command, it vanished from view, and the tentacles too faded.

In the meantime, Namira brushed herself off with a huff, smiled broadly at the soldier she'd inadvertently fallen into, and began to sidle off. "Good meeting you! I'm going to go somewhere else now, where I'm less likely to be disintegrated. Good show! Keep on waving your massive weapons around in everyone's face! Fight the good fight, and all that!"

With the gravity lift in Azure Heights secure, the Aschen set to work on moving out in every direction. More soldiers and equipment moved out, while a pair of marines and an adept studied the fallen Aiedail.

"Load her up and take her aboard the Reverence for study." He said, looking up at the battle raging above them.

The Marines nodded, and the Adept attempted to lift the Android onto his shoulder, while Aiyanna stood in silence.

"Area secure, we're establishing our FOB."

as written by Temple

Aeson watched unmoving as the battle quickly ended a it began. Jarad was too busy with a body he was doing something rather strange and grotesque to. The ripping of reality affected neither of the two as Aeson was still connected to the seal of Phul leaving their area to remain unaltered.

With the battle over and the Marines quickly spreading out, Aeson grabbed Jarad who seemed to be done with the body and quickly made their way through what was left standing of the buildings. One building still had a basement entrance into the sewers open which Aeson led them into.

"Now we must move quickly. I have a plan but I do not know how well it will work. The two quickly making their way into the sewer system which was partially caved in and exposed in places.

"If I'm right we should connect up here in the middle of the street where their base is." Aeson calmly said as he continued to move over rubble and filth.

"Oh? So your plan is to bring their base down here then? Maybe I can salvage a few more bodies." Jarads voice still unpleasant sounding.

They came to the crossroads of the sewers which connected them underneath of the base set down above by the invaders. This area was rather stable for the most part, at least for now.

"Nine Layered Seal of the Demon King, I invoke your will Solomon!" Aeson gave no precursor to his thunderous yelling which scared the necromancer nearly out of his skin. The nine seals appeared one after another above the deafening thunder of Aesons voice till all nine were present. A beam of energy sprouted between the seals and reached the last one. When exiting through the last seal it's radius shot out larger then should of been capable engulfing the ceiling of the sewer and quickly removing the material matters holding the street together. Both Aeson and Jarad were well away from where the base should collapse onto.

as written by birdee10

Im going to die Lemon thought, debris falling around her. Im going to die in this strange, square, overly bright world and not in the caves. Now that she had excepted it, she wasn't as scared. Like the rock under a stream bound to be washed away. Then, there was a loud crack and the building shifted.
It was quiet for a moment, the dust clearing, then the structure was falling strait down. Lemon had seen this type of collapse before so she knew how to survive. She lunged, curling into a ball in the corner of the room, sucking in as much air as her lungs could handel as she had been taught. She heard screams, others were falling too.
In seconds it was over. She opened her eyes, what made her more happy than survival was the blissful dark. It was cut through with light, so she wasn't trapped. Thank the Cave she thought, squerming her way out of the wreckage. The air down here was worse than the world above, but it was almost dark enough that she didn't have to squint and was clearly able to make out 2 figures standing well back from the pile of stone and metal. They seemed fine so she skillfully climbed, vualted and jumped her way over the pile to them.
"Hi? Can you help me home? Oh, never mind, you cant understand me...... opps." Lemon said, still a good way back incace they wanted to eat her too.

Once Aeson started to make his way through the sewers towards the intersection underneath the base, their movements would catch the attention of the Android standing on the surface. She made a brief face before she vanished out of view and into the sewers below.

She appeared directly in front of Aeson and Jarad still clad in her combat skin, which made her very difficult to see in the dark tunnels. But with enhanced vision, and the low light adaptation of the combat skin, she could see them clear as day.

"This is restricted area, leave now or be destroyed." She warned in a stern and authorative voice. She was already analyzing the tactical scenario, and an anti magic field was broadcast, which would aim to prevent the manifestation of their magical attacks.

A moment later Aiyanna watched the newcomer approach, her hand going to her holstered weapon as she scanned the newcomer.

"I'll warn you like I warned these two, you are in restricted area, leave now or be destroyed."

as written by birdee10

Lemon saw every detail of the new comer, they didn't sound very friendly at all. She looked to the ones she had seen originally, then back to the girl. They didn't seem to be friends, but things were strange in this square world. " I know you have no Idea what I'm saying, but I don't mean any harm, I just want to go home." She said, trying not to sound threatening in her language of sharp syllables and clicks. She figured that wasn't going to work though so she tried to show she was intelligent and could learn their language to be reasoned with. "Umm De-stroyed yeah thats how you say it. Leave. Now or. Ve, Be De-stroyed" she ecoed. It sounded strange to her ears but she needed time to learn a language. please please please please work! I wonder what I said, hm.

Back