New User What a coincidence, I like both stories and circles.

Black Kett

Hello, I'm Kett.
Here's hoping I'm making a good impression so far: I'd like to dive into a nice roleplay as soon as I can. Although it'd be nice to start right away, one of the main reasons I chose this site over all the others on the Roleplay-Forums-R-Us list is its vetting process, so I will socialize gratefully for a bit.

I've had a bit of experience GMing and PCing in a couple tabletop games, but situations have made continuing this difficult, and I need something to scratch this itch. That said, I have very little experience with text-based roleplaying, so I plan to lurk around for a bit seeing how its done.

Hey, I just recalled, I'm assisting a professor with her research on incorporating cooperative fiction into her english classes, so maybe I can learn from and apply this experience there too.

Overall, nice to meet you all, I hope to meet some of all of you soon.

Figure if I call everyone a storyteller they will go forth and do great things. ;) Everyone needs a push sometimes.

~M

Expectations are a powerful tool in a psychologists utility belt. Happy hunting! Plenty of stories out there left to be written. I hope you find yours.

~M

Welcome Kett! Text based rp can be really fun! Are there any genre's of reading/writing that you particularly enjoy?

Oh, fantasy, the type with magic is my favorite although sci-fi is a very close second. As long as there's exotic worlds with new systems to understand and utilize in new and unexpected ways, I'm happy as a peach. Of course, that's assuming that the story and characters are coherent; I don't watch modern movies much anymore because of how much characters act against their character for the sake of creating conflict. My all-time favorite story is Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality, tied in a strange way with the entire Discworld series by (the late :() Terry Pratchett. In them both, the characters are well-designed and consistent, and the character interactions have the rare and repeated honor of making me genuinely laugh out loud.

How 'bout you?

Well, it's hard to make much of any impression by the second sentence of your introduction. No need to be too worried. From my experience with forum roleplay, the real impression you make will be when you begin to roleplay. Your content will win people over and make people want to get to know you if anything.

Anyways, welcome to the site.

Back