What ruins A Role-play the most for you?

INACTIVE

We all have different tastes when it comes to Role-play. But sometimes, certain things make a role-play bad or simply not fun.

It could be the writing, story, or even the characters. So i gotta ask. What ruins a good role-play for you? What makes something good just go down into the awful-tier?

We all have different tastes when it comes to Role-play. But sometimes, certain things make a role-play bad or simply not fun.

It could be the writing, story, or even the characters. So i gotta ask. What ruins a good role-play for you? Wha

t makes something good just go down into the awful-tier?

Personally,
I get a bit annoyed with a roleplayer when I write a long detailed starter and they give back a one liner or a * this* kind of reply :(
I like to imagine everything in my head as much as possible, and it's easy to that when the dialogue is good...

Personally,
I get a bit annoyed with a roleplayer when I write a long detailed starter and they give back a one liner or a * this* kind of reply :(
I like to imagine everything in my head as much as possible, and it's easy to that when the dialogue is good...
I know that feel. Sometimes you write something really long only to get 10 words as a reply.
I used to get that a lot back in my newbie roleplayer days.

I know that feel. Sometimes you write something really long only to get 10 words as a reply.
I used to get that a lot back in my newbie roleplayer days.

Honestly, the only reason I have joined these roleplay websites is in the hopes I will find someone to roleplay Princess Tutu with, but i have had very very little luck :(

That one person in rp combat that refuses to let their character or group lose. I'm not saying people shouldn't fight their hardest but when it's blatantly obvious that they shouldn't be able to win they need to accept it and give up and not go to ridiculous lengths.

That one person in rp combat that refuses to let their character or group lose. I'm not saying people shouldn't fight their hardest but when it's blatantly obvious that they shouldn't be able to win they need to accept it and give up and not go to ridiculous lengths.

I do believe that's just straight up God moding.
And it sucks. I used to witness that many many times.

flat characters is usually what kills it for me. its hard to get invested when theres no depth to be found. this is usually in the form of mary sues/gary stus

I was just about to say something about characters, actually. I'm a sucker for complex characters, so having boring Johns and Janes will totally ruin a roleplay for me. Other than characters, I'd have to say having a partner who isn't willing to take risks with the RP.

Godmodders are definitely one of the worst. Like, I understand some people can't handle their characters losing a battle and such, but it's not right to godmod either. Godmodding has been a major problem for me. Usually, in order to quickly get the battle over with, I allow my partner to kill me in the end. Not fun, but I do it anyways.

I don't think its very PC to say this but I am currently in a RP group were one is a very slow girl. She has no clue what she is doing and have very little enthusiasm to the game playing a mage just using her staff to fight (while we try and suggest her to use spells). It's not very much that her character is a mage who stubbornly doesn't want to use magic, she just never bothers to learn the game. And we all want to be nice and not just kick someone out, its supposed to be a rp for new players after all, but its been weeks and its really straining.

TLDR - Unenthusiastic people who really act like they dont want to be there ruins it for me.

Last edited:
What really pisses me off about roleplay is when someone says "you can do whatever you want" but then right when I do something that I feel that I'm comfortable with they're immediantly like "no no! not that! you have to do this!" like, boi, what?!?

What really pisses me off about roleplay is when someone says "you can do whatever you want" but then right when I do something that I feel that I'm comfortable with they're immediantly like "no no! not that! you have to do this!" like, boi, what?!?
How ironic is that?
Saying you can do everything you want. And when you do, they say you can't.

I have a particular pet peeve for the certain godmodders that not only godmod so to not lose fights, but they always need the spotlight.

I have a particular pet peeve for the certain godmodders that not only godmod so to not lose fights, but they always need the spotlight.

You know. I like using my character and hogging the spotlight. But only when needed.
When you hog the attention constantly it gets rather awful to bear.

Back