What's Your Major... ?

Nothing concrete, but I desperately want to do novel editing. I'm already working with a friend of mine who is writing a series of novels. We just finished the first draft of the first book and now he's doing the second draft and the first bit of the second one. It's still a bit up in the air, but I think I'm getting paid for this ^^
Sooo, if anyone needs an editor, I'm looking for the practice!

Hello everyone!I am a civil engineer and i work for an international company in Greece.Next month i will probably move to Abu Dhabi for a project so i think this forum will help me with my free time there

It is great to see so much diversity outside of Tiko who is, now confirmed, the devil. @Emily, great to see another psychology major. @Silaries, I really hope things get figured out on your end!

~M

My major was in social behavior as I am very interested in how people think and act according to different environments. But sadly I had to drop out of college and could not finish my degree due to the fact I had no money to support me due to me not being smart enough to pass important classes. Like I stated in my introduction I have a major issue in writing and it is not my best subject but neither is math for that matter.

I still do my own research on human behavior and I one day wish to be a school counselor or a therapist or even a psychologist. I wish to help people who are struggling with emotions or anything mentally related as I have many mental issues myself I wish to help people overcome the issues. I also experienced really bad emotional trauma when I was a kid and I know it is something that really slows you down in school or in anything you do. I wish to help kids who came from bad environments and help them with the trauma they went through so it won't hinder them as much when they try to go to school as it has hindered me greatly. But even if I can't get a job for it I can still help people without the job and it makes me happy to make a difference in someone's life.

As for what I am doing now... I work at a clothing store and I have a 100% in customer satisfaction as I know how to treat people even if they are rude to me. So my workplace decided to put me in one of the places that deals with a lot of customers and that was the fitting room. I know casiers actually deal with more customers then the fitting room but I have issues with anxiety still especially when handling something important like money and I often lose thought process on how to do basic things when under a lot of pressure or stress so... I did not wish to be a cashier as if I counted money wrong or gave a customer more money than they are suppose to I would get fired and most likely not get another job as no one would want someone who lost the company money. But I am hoping this year I will be able to be trained in cashier and overcome this fear of mine. I might be slow at first and customers will most likely get mad at me for being slow... but its better to be slow then to miscount money....

I graduated with an Associate of Applied Science in Computer Networks but now I'm working towards a Bachelors in Computer Information Systems

I really love reading about everyone's choices in life. There is so much diversity among everyone here. :) It is cool to think that putting aside our differences, we can still all be here and have something in common!

~M

My B.S. is in Sports Management with a Concentration of Kinesiology

In the next couple months I'll have my Personal Training Certification

I have a minor in Biblical Studies

My current plan is to get my Masters in Exercise Science, starting this August.

Then MAYBE a Doctorate in Exercise Research

Well last year was the 10th anniversary when I first went to uni lol. Now it's 8.. I think... years. Yeah, 8 years since I graduated with a degree in Zoology with Marine Zoology :)

Well, this just rather randomly dawned on me in light of my semester beginning here Monday - actually have access to the class materials starting today. So, what is your school major? And if you don't have a major, what did you graduate in? If you didn't go to school, what do you do for a living or what did/do you want to do?

For me, I am a current third year undergraduate in psychology who will soon be transitioning (hopefully pending program availability) to a concentration in forensic psychology. My current plan is to get a graduate degree in political science before attending law school. I really want to represent those impacted by child abuse and eventually start a political career.

Meliodas for President 2048!

~M

Currently I am still attending my senior year in high school, however when I graduate I'll be moving to Sweden, and once there I simply plan to work until I get a full citizenship. The majors I want to do are Theology and Psychology, I have already completed college classes of the subjects- but I always want to learn more!

Psychology is such a great subject. I am really learning a lot in my upper division courses right now!

~M

I started with going for a B.A. in Biology however I switched to a B.S. in Biotechnology recently with a concentration in Microbiology. I'll be graduating in may with this degree then I'm going to look to take a few years to enter the workforce then I might look at going back to get a Masters degree in Public Health.

I'm non traditional student here. If all goes as planned I'll be graduated this December with a B.S. degree in political science and a minor in history. If things don't go as planned I'll graduate Spring 2018 with a double major. Then I plan to attend graduate school.

Let's see...

Bachelor of Science in Psychology with a minor in Sociology

Then we got...

Master of Science: Public Safety with a specialization in Criminal Justice and a second
Master of Science degree in Administration of Justice and Security

I'm thinking of going into Computer Science or firewall security. I'm almost out of high school, so I'm not in college yet, but I'm getting there

I went to high school at an agricultural school. I was a large animals major there then went to college for three years. I was an english major and creative writing minor. Now I work doing screen printing and embroidery.

Graphic Design (BA), I now work and learning to be a Gardener whilst being paid. Hope to steer away from retail and progress into maintenance, landscaping and grounds work, that sort of thing. <3

Back