What's Your Major... ?

Aiming for Associates in science for Diesel Technology, i work as an apprentice Diesel Mechanic at the same time. I want to work as a Diesel Tech to pay my way through college and get a degree in Mechanical Engineering :oops:o_O
I study Psychology on my own because it is fun :eek::D( Carl Jung is the man ) now in terms of career, mechanics and engineering is for me!

I'm currently getting a Masters in Instructional Technology. Before that I was into Art (still am) and I have a degree in Studio Art.

=)

My masters degree is in Computer Science. I also have diplomas in Psychology and Genealogy. I am working on a diploma in fine art.

I never stop learning.

I have hardly had time to check in on this thread, but, we are such a diverse group here! :)

~M

I don't have any current majors right now. I'm actually just taking general credits and focusing on getting my associates so I have a degree of some kind. I know I'll find a passion some day but for now I'm just chilling taking online courses.

I am duel majoring in ESL (English-as-a-Secondary Language) and in Linguistics; along with a minor in Japanese, Tagalog-Filipino, and Chinese-Mandarin.

That is quite the collection of languages there. Good for you! I could never handle language, and I really am unsure why. I'm quite a good student in college, with outstanding grades, but my dealings in language have ended poorly. I suppose that will make things fun when I decide to travel!

~M

Until recently I was going for a major in 3D modeling and animation for video games with a minor in game design, but I realized how soul draining the video game industry is and that I wasn't going to cut it. Also I was on a very high stress schedule (18+ credits every semester, mostly project based classes) so I sort of crippled under that. I still want to make video games and animation, but as a stress-free hobby.

Next year I'll likely look into a certificate or associate relating to IT to maybe get a basic IT job, or will maybe be more ambitious and look into cyber investigation. Law has always interested me since my dad was a lawyer-turned-judge, but being a basic cop has only gotten less appealing over the years, and being a lawyer is too much of a social task for me.

I feel left out because I actually don't have any formal education to speak of. Even dropped out of high school sophomore year.

As for what I do for a living? It's probably pretty obvious, but if it's not, I'm a professional hamster, running one wheel of many to generate free, clean, sustainable energy via alternator. It's a humble existence but I take pride in it.

Back