When Vampires Go To College (LadyAwesome & Ciara)

LadyAwesome

@Ciara

BIOGRAPHIES:

Name: Caleb Bennett
Species: Half-Vampire, Half-Human. The only of his kind, as vampires are prohibited to procreate with humans. All he’s ever wanted was to fit in somewhere, and not be considered such a freak.
Appearance: here
Personality: Caleb is a sweet soul. He never purposefully does harm to another living thing without much remorse. He is a loner in life, because of his differentness, and doesn’t seem to make friends easily because of it. He is kind and warm hearted, always trying to do the right thing. Playful and adventurous, he doesn’t often think of the end consequences which gets him into trouble most times. He’s never felt he fits in anywhere, and so he distances himself from people – though he is very friendly and tries hard to never be rude to another. And although he doesn’t have friends, he would go out of his way and even give his life to protect those important to him.

Name: Lacey Phillips
Species: Full human
Appearance:
5679461-pretty-girl-pics.jpg

Personality: Lacey is very outgoing and loves to meet new people. She constantly goes out of her way to make a good impression on everyone she meets. She is very adventurous and always seeks thrills. Although she is outgoing, Lacey has a soft spot for shyer people and enjoys getting to know those no-one else takes the time to talk to. She is very caring and genuine.

PLOT:

Caleb is new in town, and just moved to Delmond from California. He just started at the local college, ready to begin a new education. He's not just any normal college student, though - Caleb is a vampire. Not your ordinary vampire though: even among his own kind, he's considered a freak, an outcast. When he meets Lacey, his world goes completely topsy-turvy when he has to make a decision as to cluing her in on his more than ordinary circumstances. And when his past starts to catch up with him, will he still be able to protect Lacey? Or will it end in both their deaths?

Caleb walked through the gates to the campus of his new college, his heart racing from anxiousness. He walked past groups of frat boys and cheerleaders, able to smell the hormones pulsing through their veins. Swallowing hard, he walked on, his backpack over his left shoulder. He pulled out his phone and checked his schedule once more: he had math first thing this morning - Calculous. He continued on his path, looking between his phone and the buildings trying to locate the classroom. He stopped outside one building, his brow furrowed in confusion, "According to the map, the room should be right here..." He studied his map on his phone intensely, and very utterly, lost. He checked the time - 9:00am; class started in 10 minutes, and he had no idea where he was supposed to be.

Lacey woke up extra early to get a bright and early start to her day. She took a shower, got ready, and ate a bagel with coffee for breakfast. When she was done, she started walking to her class. On her way, she noticed a man standing in the middle of a field, looking completely lost. Being the outgoing type that she was, Lacey decided to go up to him and help him. "Hey! I'm Lacey. Are you lost?" She asked, looking at him with a bright smile. "I know the campus pretty well so where is your class?" She asked. Her first class was calculus and it was starting soon, but she felt she needed to help him.

Without looking up from his phone, Caleb said, "Uh, room 23B, Calculus with-" he looked up, catching his breath. The girl in front of him had the brightest blue eyes he had ever seen; she was gorgeous. "H-Hi, Lacey, I'm Caleb." He offered a friendly smile, "And I'm 100% lost. Would you mind helping me?" He couldn't take his eyes off of hers - they were mesmerizing. He could smell the sweet scent of her blood - AB Positive, he was sure of it - and it made him dizzy, his heart racing. He took a casual step back, just enough to get out of sniffing range, and threw in a, "Please, if you have time that is."

When Caleb made eye contact with her, she blushed and bit her lip. She pushed some hair behind her ear and smiled widely. "With Mr. Welch? I do too!" She ushered him to follow her and they both started walking to class.

"So, I'm guessing you're new here?" Before he could answer, she jutted in. "You're going to love it here. There's so many friendly people," She noticed that he was a little shy. "But even if you aren't one to go out and meet new people, there's always something you could find to do here."

They finally got to class 1 minute too late and the teacher was already talking. They both slipped in and sat in the very back. "So, where are you from?" She whispers, leaning in closer to him so he could hear her better.

As Lacey continued to talk his ear off the entire walk to class, Caleb smirked. He wasn't much of a converser, so he was glad that she was. Otherwise, there would have been a lot of awkward silence. Besides, it was kind of cute how much she could go on and on.

They got to class and took their seats. He was only half listening to the professor when Lacey started talking again, "I'm from California." He smiled sweetly at her, her eyes making his heart skip, "What about you? Born and raised here or moved here later in life?"

(Where is Delmond by the way? Is that made up or is an actual place?)

"Actually, my family has moved around a lot. They live out in Virginia, which is why I sort of have a southern accent," Lacey giggled, still trying to keep her voice low so she didn't make a bad first impression on her professor. "That's so cool though! I've always wanted to go to California and learn how to surf. I'd probably suck though..." She couldn't help but keep glancing over at him. He was definitely different, but she liked how mysterious she was. She wanted to see him again, not just in calculus class. "So, um, I should give you my number! Just in case, you know, you need help with getting to your other classes or anything!" Without waiting for his response, she ripped off a piece of notebook paper and quickly wrote her number down, handing it to him with a big smile on her face. Right after that, the professor ended the class and everyone stood up to go.

((I totally made it up on the spot lol))

Caleb blushed slightly after being offered her number, "Oh, uh, thanks Lacey. That's real sweet of you to worry about me like that." He paused a moment and bit his bottom lip in thought, "And I like your accent. It's cute." He flashed a sweet smile as he stood with the rest of the class at the end of the lecture, "Do you have class all day?" His eyes seemed to twinkle from their usual brownish color to a light purple and back.

Lacey blushed at the compliment. "Well, thank you Caleb. You kind of have a Californian accent, I guess..." She giggled and stood up right after him. She grinned as they walked out of the lecture hall together and outside.

"Actually, I'm pretty lucky. I only have one class today. What about you?" She cradled her books in her arms and against her chest. "If you don't, we should go get some ice cream! I know a perfect place. Please tell me you have a break!" Lacey's voice was overflowing with excitement. She loved showing new people new things, plus she LOVED ice cream. She immediately started leading Caleb towards the ice cream shop that was walking distance from campus, right downtown.

"Oh, uh, okay, yeah..." Caleb, caught off guard by the sudden invitation, followed Lacey, "Ice cream is my favorite meal of the day." He smirked. "I don't have class for another couple of hours actually, so I guess ice cream it is." He watched her as they walked side by side, the sweet smell of her blood pulsing through the blue vein in her neck. It was enough to make his stomach growl, but he couldn't feast in front of her - what would she think of him then? Ice cream had no useful nutritious value to a person of his...special needs, but he sure did love the taste of it.

They got to the ice cream place - a little corner shop down from the college - and he held the door open for her and followed her inside, "What's your favorite kind of ice cream?"

"I like cookies and cream!" Thinking about it made Lacey's mouth water. She was so excited and hoped that Caleb would like this place. "I'm glad you like ice cream as much as I do," she giggled through the sentence and smiled up at him, quickly looking down. She has never been shy but for some reason she couldn't make eye contact with him. Caleb made her nervous but she didn't think it was a bad thing.

After they both got their ice cream, Lacey and Caleb sat in an old fashioned booth. The whole ice cream parlor was 50s themed which Lacey loved and it was just a plus that the ice cream was good. As she licked away at her ice cream, she tried to make more small talk with Caleb. She didn't want to seem boring or anything. "So, how do you like it here so far?" She asked, not knowing there was ice cream stuck on her lip as she spoke.

Caleb smiled at Lacey, her smile making his heart glow. "I like mint chocolate chip." It was kind of cute how excited and bashful she was. If only she knew...his smile faltered as the intimidating thought crossed his mind, If she knew what you are, she'd never talk you again. He tried to brush it off, hoping she didn't notice the look of despair crossing his face, and flashed a soft smile again.

They walked into the quant ice cream shop on the corner - a 50s theme which was pretty cool - as he held the door open for her, allowing Lacey to walk in first. They ordered their ice cream and took a seat at a small table in the corner. He liked that she didn't have to talk every second, and that she was okay with a little silence. He noticed a small dab of ice cream on her bottom lip, waiting a few seconds before reaching a hand out instinctively. He brushed his thumb gently across the dab of ice cream, pulling it back on his thumb, and licking it off, nonchalantly, "It's nice here. I'm not much into small towns, though. Too close nit for me. In cities, it's easier to blend in that way." Caleb stared out the window thoughtfully, his mind wandering back to the last city he lived in, and all that happened there... He snapped out of it quickly and looked back at Lacey with a smile before taking another lick of his ice cream, "But it's nice here. The people I've met so far are pretty awesome."

Back