Blitz

Benefactor
Welcome the Epic roleplay world of Spectral is now open for those of you looking for it. It isn't considered a Interest check any longer.
Let me run an idea across the community: I am sure a few of you probably role-play Were-wolves or some type of were creature or a shape shifter of some kind. My question and request for help comes from weather or not a roleplay about standard wolves is something people would like to try or not. Below is a brief outline of what I'm currently thinking.
Let me also Explain that this is for a lot of people to take part in I'm looking for roughly 5 or 6 to start it. Multiple characters will be allowed, over 68 characters are planned for so even if this does get off the ground other people can join later on.

Now that that is done let me give you a rather long description for those interested please continue to read and post if this interests you. If you are not interested that is alright. If you have an idea that may make the role-play sound more appealing please let me know.

Little list of what you will find in this topic:

1.) The differences between Gray wolves and Dire wolves
2.) Den locations
3.) Animals located in Regal Territory and Where the animals tend to live
4.) Spectral the world, And information on the Semi Realistic world
5.) Map idea
6.) What Spectral and Regal Pack is:
7.) Rank ideas

1.) Grey wolves and Dire wolves :

Other facts of Dire wolves:
The paws of the Dire Wolf were larger with a notable splay enough to carry the heavy frame. The Dire Wolf's head is most significantly unique in that it was much broader, larger in size, and heavier than the typical Gray Wolf. Despite this increase in skull size, the Dire Wolf shows a smaller brain cavity. * If you do not understand what it means by the skull being broader, larger in size, and heavier than a gray wolf It's basically saying that the Dire wolf had a stronger bite force than Gray wolves but were a bit less intelligent than the Gray wolves. * ^^^to compare the Dire wolf to the Gray wolf below would probably be easier if we used modern dogs as the example. The dire wolf as a pit bull and the Gray wolf as the German Shepard. This pit bull has a much stronger bite force than the Gray wolf because of it's broader face and Stronger bones. Were the German Shepard has a narrower muzzle and has a less powerful bite because the muscles are smaller and attached to smaller bones. ^^^

The Dire Wolf:
Height: 2 feet tall (between 25 to 30 inches)
Length: about 1.5 meters (5 ft)
weight: between 50 kg (110 lb) and more than 79 kg (174 lb).
Lifespan: 7-8 years some getting up to 13 years of age depending on injuries. A lot tend to die younger however

Gray wolves:
Height: 26-32 inches at the shoulder
Length: 4.5-6.5 feet from nose to tail-tip
Weight: 55-130 lbs; Males are typically heavier and taller than the females.
Lifespan: 7-8 years some getting up to 13 years of age depending on injuries. A lot tend to die younger however

Something to keep in mind:
Pup mortality rates can be as high as 60%, and starvation is one of the main causes of natural death. Territory fights with other wolves and scuffles with large prey can lead to injuries and death, and wolves are subject to diseases like Lyme disease, and those endemic to canines, like canine mange, parvovirus, and distemper. Another disease is Rabies and this can cause serious damage on the entire pack. When ideal prey is unavailable, wolves will eat smaller mammals, reptiles, insects, and fruits and berries. Each of us would have to roleplay with a real threat to survival regarding food and difficulty of the hunt.

2.) The map will have 5 den locations. Here is a brief description of each and What where they are.

Den location one: is Huge Tree Den located in the Dark Forest. The huge tree is Empty and has turned to Stone over time. It's a perfect place for the wolves to den during the blizzards that frequent the area.
Den location two: are the Ice Forest Dens These dens are close to the Frozen Sea and provide a safe area for the wolves to return to after a hard day of hunting and defending the territory.
Den location three: is Lake Dens located near the Lunar Lakes. These dens are out in the open under some boulders that are naturally found around Lunar lakes.
Den location four: is the Mountain Dens This den may sound high in the south eastern mountains but it's actually in the forest under a nice protected mountain range, It's the safest place to defend as the mountains protect three sides of the den area.
Den location five: Is Saber Fang's den. This den isn't for wolves as it's a Saber-toothed pride that lives at this den.

4.) Animals in Regal's territory include:

Considered Extinct in real life
Giant sloths- plain's and forest areas
Short-faced bears caves
American cave Lion caves near grassy plains and forested area's
Miracinonyx (American cheetahs not true cheetahs, more closely related to the Puma/ cougar )
mountainy area's
Saber-toothed cats (like Smilodon and the scimitar cat) Any Where
Saiga (antelope extinct in america) Any Where
Bison (Two species) grass lands
Stag-moose forests and northern part of the territory
Shrub-ox rabbit hills and other hilly area's
Harlan's muskox rabbit hills and other hilly area's
Pronghorn (14 species 13 are considered extinct in real life) most area's
Horses flat grassy area's
Mammoths snowy fields
Mastodons snowy fields
Giant beavers water and river area's creating small ponds
Giant condors birds seen though out the territory
Teratorns Hilly lands and cliff faces
Sabertooth salmon (up to nine foot fish) streams and river's and lakes

*Not Extinct in Real life yet. *
American bison grass lands
squirrels everywhere depending on type of squirrel
Brown bears any where
black bears any where
grizzly bears any where
badger any where
moose Marsh land and anywhere moose would normally be
mink Forests
sheep Grass lands
mice every where
rats every where
hare every where
lynx Snowy area's and Dark forest
caribou Migrates all territory.
cougar - Mountains and Cave area's Seems a lot hang out in Death Valley
coyote every where
sheep Grass lands
cottontail rabbit every where
vole every where
gray fox every where
opossum every where
mountain goat - mountains
mule deer every where
musk ox rabbit hills or any hilly area
beaver water ways
raccoon all over territory
river otter water ways
skunks all over territory
white tailed deer forest
Wolverines forest

4. ) The world this role-play takes place on is called Spectral.

It's a Semi realistic world. What this means is only a few factors have changed based on the real world. Things such as Animals talking. In this case the wolves can communicate with each other and other species if the other species is smart enough to understand wolf speech.

It also means that Wolves know more about Plant life and how to set bones and as that goes it means that Healers do exist in a wolf society. Another difference is the way the wolves challenge each other, Even along the territory boundaries. They ask a invading wolf first Why they are in the territory rather than simply attacking for being in Regal Territory. There is more than one way to gain a rank within this world also. Such as Challenging for the rank, The standard way, or by becoming an apprentice to the rank they would like. In the world of Spectral the Color of animals can be anything but no Growth such as wings or Horns are allowed.

Humans Never Existed in Spectral:
In this World we have opted for the megafauna creatures to survive, as such the invasive species known as Humans in the real world, could never exist if we want the Megafauna creatures to survive. What this means for you the role-player in the land of Spectral; Human type of apparel , weapons, buildings etc are strictly banned Since they simply do not exist. If you were wondering about Dinosaurs. Dinosaurs died out eons before the Megafauna and as such do not exist in the world of Spectral as it is now.

5.) Regal Territory Map idea
It is very large and has a lot of dangers. There are four different dens scattered throughout the map. The four dens will be used for the pack to rotate out Hunting grounds. What that means is Rather than hunting in one area for generations and never moving, the pack migrates to a different den area and allows time for the other den area's to recover from the hunts. Roughly Regal pack Migrates every other year to a new den area.
The pack will start off at the Lake Den location. It is a highly valuable location as several different species of prey roam around the area and use the huge lakes as watering holes.

When the Alpha's chooses to move the entire pack; They will choose one of the other three locations for the entire pack to move to. Each Generation of Alpha's teach the new Alpha's how to reach each of the dens through land marks.

6.) What Spectral and Regal Pack is:

The place this role-play takes place on is a world known as Spectral. Its a world closely resembling that of the earth in the Pleistocene Era. (Megafauna era) This world is inhabited by many species of animals except for all primates and all relatives of them as these never existed. What this means is there are no humans, chimps, monkeys, baboons, gorillas, etc. There are also different species of the same animal in this world. What that means is if you use the generic word for wolf you could be greeted by a Dire wolf, a Tundra wolf, a Grey wolf, an arctic wolf, Etc.

The animals in this world have developed a way of speech that if studied by another species of animal can be learned. What this means is like our real world each species of animal may have a different language. In this case the wolves speak English. It could be possible the Large non saber cats speak french, while the Saber cats speak dutch. The bear population speaks Russian. Though it can be difficult to learn another creatures language it doesn't mean it is impossible for any creature willing to spend the years learning another animals language. ((No one can know every species language.))

All animals in the world of Spectral have uniqueness to them that can only be described as diverse hues. What this means is every animal in the world of Spectral can range in colors and it isn't seen as abnormal. You may see a yellow fish or a orange and blue pig.

Plants in Spectral resemble any plants that can be found currently or in the Pleistocene Era Most species of animals that live in groups has one if not more than one creature who is skilled in the arts of Plant knowledge. This will go hand N hand with knowing how to heal (Not magical) as a form of first aid or medic knowledge.

The Regal pack wolves are unique in the way they conduct themselves compared to other wolf packs in the world of Spectral. Regal pack is only pack that the generation of wolves have allowed all species of wolves to join. But this isn't the only difference that Regal pack has compared to other packs as they also allow for each member of the pack to have mates, to boot those mates do not have to be the same rank as their partner. The Regal pack also has several ways of changing ranks including challenging, training and being assigned. What this means for the wolves who are Part of regal is that wolves can be successors to a rank They train for.

Regal pack also Allows for every wolf of the pack to create or claim a den unlike other wolf packs. The Lead wolves of the pack know how dangerous it can be for the pack to be in close proximity to one another (like in one massive den) if a predator wishes to attack the pack. With multiple dens It gives the illusion that the pack is far bigger than it is and tends to detour the other predators that could be stalking the pack.

The Regal Pack wolves also have the largest territory any wolf pack in the world of Spectral has ever seen. The Regal pack actually occupies enough land to support four full wolf packs. The reason the Regal pack holds onto this much land is simple. They wish to live in a sort of coexistence with the other predators of the territory by rotating out den sites every two years so the prey animals have time to recoup from having extra predators hunting and reducing the numbers down.

Each Alpha of Regal pack learns how to reach all of the den locations upon becoming the beta wolf of the pack. This is so wolves will know how to rotate out the dens. In the event of an emergency such as the alpha's have died by causes that were not natural.

Regal pack challenges any wolf who crosses the territory boundary without probable cause. Or Offering to the Regal pack. A lone wolf sneaking into the territory could be seen as a notorious Nomad wolf who only seeks intimacy with a wolf of the pack one time. Or a Forsaken wolf who is sneaking into the territory to hide. These wolves are threats to the territory and if found will be attacked without questions.
However some lone wolves such as true lone wolves who are seeking a pack and Deserted wolves who were left by the previous pack on the territory boundary can be accepted into the territory so long as they provide an offering or explain themselves in a submissive way to the Delta wolf and the Eta wolves of Regal pack.

More Details about this small project can be shared later. This is just an idea to be mulled around with to determine weather this type of idea would sound like something that would call any of you.

Edited

7.) Rank Ideas

I do know that that the term alpha beta and the such for a wolf pack no longer applies but in role-play it opens up a lot of options and as such I will continue to use it the reason for this comes from the fact it would be considered semi realistic.

Figured I'd add this in as it would be needed I believe if this is something people want to do and if the ranks aren't connected in a mate situation it means even those who don't wish to have a partner could still do the work that requires two wolves to lead and it can be modified as needed for the mount of people who want to take part in the roleplay:

Alpha Male: Male Lead Wolf
Alpha Female: Female Lead Wolf

Beta Male: second in command of the pack (2 Wolves)
Beta Female: second in command of the pack (2 Wolves)

Gamma: This a Secondary rank only wolf names will be posted : Trainers of pups from 6 months (Only wolves deemed fit by the Alpha's: can't be pregnant or nursing for this position.)

Delta Male – Warrior leader (2 Wolves)
Delta Female – Warrior leader (2 Wolves)

Epsilon Male – Hunter Leader (2 Wolves)
Epsilon Female – Hunter Leader (2 Wolves)

Zeta -Elder wolves (up to 9 Wolves) (Can't have pups)

Theta – Common hunters (up to 9 Wolves)

Kappa – Common warriors (up to 9 Wolves)

Lambda Male– Leaders of the scouts (2 Wolves)
Lambda Female – Leaders of the scouts (2 Wolves)

Omieron – Scouts (up to 9 Wolves)

Roe Male- Pup sitters (2 Wolves)
Roe Female - Pup sitters (2 Wolves)

Sigma – Pups who have reached 6 months and being training (up to 9 Wolves) (Can't have pups)

Upilon- Nursing mother wolves or pregnant (no more than 3 at a time)

Tau - pups (up to 9 Wolves) (Can't have pups)

Phi- Wolves who are doing Trials to join the pack (No more than 6 at a time)

Chi - Healer (This healer is both Physical and Spiritual) Male or female (1 Wolf)

Psi – Mate of the Healer, Gathers herbs, Can be a secondary healer when Chi wolf is busy, Male or female, (1 wolf)

Omega – The lowest rank of the pack, New members (will become phi wolves after a few days) or wolves that have little benefit to the pack, (Can not have pups, May only be able to cause a smile or tell a joke to another and make the pack happy on occasions.)

(( Quick info bracket here this roleplay could potentially hold over 68 Wolves at one time. I do not expect this many upfront.))

Non Pack related Ranks and position these would go to people who also have a wolf character if they so wanted.

Saber-toothed Tiger clan members

Bears all different kinds
Cave lions
cougars
lynx

Last thought on things to roleplay out with roles would me the mammoths and the mastodons.

Things anyone can roleplay- prey animals

Last edited:
I would be interested as well! I love how detailed the rank system is and the structure of the world. I can easily picture it in my mind and how each location can affect the pack's survival.

I would be interested as well! I love how detailed the rank system is and the structure of the world. I can easily picture it in my mind and how each location can affect the pack's survival.
Thank you for your interest I am very excited now for the story we all will create.

Thank you to everyone who was interested we now have the epic roleplay Spectral I'm still working on all the information and topics for ooc but if you wish to roleplay you can. A main event is currently activated.

Back