New User Yo! I couldn't think of a better title, so... Yo!

Hemorrhage

The Thing behind the Bleeding Wall
I never know what to write in these introduction threads. Feels weird to talk about myself without prompt. Makes me a lil’ shy, I suppose.

Pbbbt… Uhhhh… Okay. I got some basic facts.

My name is Hemorrhage, or Rhage for shorts. I’m an insufferably pedantic and highly introverted misanthrope, who subsists on cream sodas, sunshine, and hatred. I live with nine cats, two of which belong to me and the other seven to the self-proclaimed Crazy Cat Lady I room with. I adore animals and am fascinated by all aspects of biology, and also, recently, some mineralogy. I watch cartoons, don’t read novels as often as I’d ought, and play D&D on the weekends.

I’ve been RPing off and on for over a decade now, typically in the… long-form forum sort’o medium. I’ve dabbled in large-group chat based RP, a lil’ bit of rapid-fire one-on-one stuff, and even some video game based RP… Them was strange and awkward days… Despite the years of experience, I’ve never quite broken away from the first crowd or community or whathaveyou I got sucked into as a wee, bright-eyed thing. While I made dear friends in those particular circles and have fond memories of my time with them, I’d be lying if… well, if I said I was anything but dissatisfied with the vibes that permeated those groups. I stepped away from RP for the last year or so, but… I got the itch, man. Man, oh man. I got the itch to jump back into my favorite hobby — RP is, bar none, hands down, Hell yeah, my favorite hobby.

So… that’s why I’m here rambling it up. I poked around, liked the cut of y’all’s jib and pine for simple, no-stress RP. Looking to write some nonsense, bounce happy about some character drama, maybe scribble some silly doodles, and maybe begrudgingly make a few new friends. I’m not so good at the friendship thing, sometimes, but not because I ain’t friendly… Just… I use “misanthrope” as my chief identifier for good reason. Never quite had the knack for being super social, y’see.

Welcome back to the hobby, Rhage! Hard to stay away forever, huh?

And that... is .... a lot of cats. I thought I was pushin' it a little with 3 of 'em. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks! Once the RP virus infects ya, it gets into your DNA, y'know? Can't ever stay away for too long.

...It's a lot of cats, yes. It's a poundage of cats. They all have way too much personality and near eat us out of house n' home it seems. Not really, but, y'know. My lap is never ever cold, though! I love them all to death, except for the one... She knows what she did.

Hey, welcome to the site! Hope you like it here! I . . . Your username intrigues me, could I learn its origins? :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

Do you have any favorite role-play genres? What about favorite OCs you've made?

Oh, and if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask the help desk! The staff don't bite.

Thanks!

Heheheh, your intrigue in my name intrigues me. "Hemorrhage" is... somewhat, but not really, derived from the name of my first ever RP character, Carnagebliss, whose embarrassing name I used OoC for a long while. Shortened to Carnage, never liked just "Carn." This was when I was real wee, maybe 13 or 14 years old. The edge years... Yeah... Pbbt. Hemorrhage sort of came around naturally after I had grown accustomed to using a word as a name. I feel it suits my, uh... sanguine nature. An' I just dig the -age sound. Hemorrhage. Carnage. Rage. Cage.

I dig fantasy and sci-fi, and avoid modern genres like the plague. I prefer my RP to be as far from mundane human-riddled society as possible. I also really dig the darker variants of most genres, the settings full of violence n' anguish. I love me some good ol' fashioned character torture. So good, yesss...

I uh... could ramble way too long about my favorite play things... My beloved menagerie of eldritch abominations and comparatively tame lil' monsters. Recently been really enjoying this hyper-predaceous plant humanoid thing I spun up in hopes of an RP that fell through last year or so. They're... basically Starbound Florans dialed to eleven. Heheheh.

I don't think I'd enjoy being called just "Carn" either. And . . . you're not wrong about it fitting your sanguine nature. :emoji_laughing: The -age sound is quite a pleasant one. I think every author enjoys torturing their characters, its part of the fun of writing! I personally like to shove a whole bunch of trauma onto my characters and then give them PTSD! :emoji_smile: Fantasy and sci-fi are pretty cool, I love playing mythical creatures & monsters!

Back