You Can Run, But You Can't Hide (1 x 1 with Silence)

ObsidianLight

Don't drown.
Eliza was walking down the busy sidewalks of Chicago, on her way to the set for the latest movie she was going to be in. She stared down at the screen of her phone, texting her friend about some later plans, ignoring those bustling about around her.

The dark haired man stood on the corner of the street. Lately the Italians has been making a push for territory and the Irish weren't so kind feeling about it. Donovan MacDougall sighed and rubbed at his full head of black hair. Bits of it stood on end and he didn't care. Shoving his winter beanie hat over his ears again he watched the street for any Italian trouble maker's.

It wasn't till a woman passed by that he noticed the car with a shooter in it."Watch ooot." Donovan pulled his own weapon and open fired on the vehicle. Cops never came to this side of town fast enough anyway and the Irish weren't about to give up their little corner stores that paid quite a but for some basic security.

Eliza screamed, along with many others in the crowd of people, at the sound of the gunshot. She began pushing against people to get away as quickly as possible. But of course, there's gotta be some lunatic out here shooting at people now! Now of all times! She couldn't help but feel a bit of annoyance mix into her fear.

People scattered and a group of the Irish mafia started to spread out over the sidewalk. Donovan saw one of the men heading for the woman and he pushed her into a little store front.

When they ran into the shop glass shattered and he ran with her out the back door. "What they want with you."

(Um... should she not know?)

Eliza looked absolutely petrified. She stared at the man dragging her along, mouth gaping. "I-I don't know!" She yelped, her voice a higher octave than it usually is. She looked at the men gaining on her, trying to figure out if they've got the wrong person.

( your character, you decide )

The only reason they wanted her was for the fact that she was wanted by the Italians.

After the shooting Donovan pulled the woman aside and he yelled in her face. "What do they want with you? They came into our territory for you."

She trembled and tears began to prick in the corners of her eyes. "I don't know! They must have the wrong person! This has to be a mistake! I didn't do anything!"

(Hey, I gtg to bed. I'll be waking up early in the morning - I've already stayed up way too late.)

(ok sleep well. Good luck on the audition.)

"Hey lady charmer!" One of the men yelled to Donovan. "You found her you watch her. Just don't make her cry." A round of laughter stirred through the alley and Donovan grimaced.

"Fine. I keep you till you figure out what they want you for."

(Hey!!! I'm back!!!)

Eliza hugged herself and looked around. "I-I'm so confused... What's going on? I-is this a prank? Did Karrlee put you up to this?!"

This lady was about as sense as rock. Donovan pulled her away the start of the alley and stood almost toe to toe 18th her. "Look, I don't know and I don't care whoever you friend is. Italians been making trouble and just look like a nice bit of leverage. Stick it out with me or go with them." Not that she would actually get a choice, but he hoped she would choose to stick it out. Sure would make his job easier if she thought it was her idea.

"U-uh..." She looked at the scary group of dudes with guns that probably want to kill her. Though, to be fair, if they wanted her dead maybe they would have already done that? "I'll stick it out...?"

Donovan MacDougall winked. "That's a good choice. Now you Just remember that's what you said. Next step, I go with you everywhere to make sure nobody reports you missing." It was also a good way to keep track of why the Italians wanted her.

She made a face. "This isn't just one big scheme you put together just to be able to stalk me, right? I've heard about things like this and it's not as funny as you think!" After a moment, she shrunk a bit, "I mean, if this is real, then I'm sorry I'm just trying to figure out what's going on and I guess if you have to come with me then okay." She says quickly.

(A month later. I got most of the crazy things in life under control. We can continue if you'd like.)

"Stalking?" The man looked at her briefly. "Why the hell would I want ta add that to other things." Not that she was bad looking, but he had better things to do with his time and certainly other objectives that would have made more money than that. "We're going, or you could stay here and see if the guys trying to kill you catch up first or the cops. Either way I'm out of here."

(Okay! Sounds good!)

She yelped, "W-wait! I'll go! Don't leave me here." Where they were going, what they were doing, and what would happen? Those were all excellent questions that she had no idea the answer to.

"Well then catch up." Donovan could hear the other men chuckling. Of course they thought it was funny that he happened to find himself in that awkward position. One minute he was fighting her and now she was following him. "You're that actor right?" He knew if they didn't get her to work that someone would come looking and then there would be trouble. "Gonna get you to work. I just need you to tell me where you're headed."

Eliza nodded, "Uh, there's a plaza around here... Or, should be. We're shooting a big ending today." Though, it was gonna be kind of hard to focus, given the circumstances.

"Too bad if you have a hard time focusing. You'll just have to figure it out. Your job, not mine." Donovan shrugged and kept right on walking toward the plaza or the direction of the plaza anyway. He knew what place she was talking about, just she'd likely never tried to get to it from the alley ways. When they came to stop outside a tall building he nodded to her. "Back door right there."

"Um, of course," she said, opening the door and going in. After a short walk, she arrived on set. When everyone saw her, relief washed over every face. One dude grabbed Eliza's arm and pulled her off to get her camera ready.

Donovan stood off to the side and hoped that nobody would really notice him or say anything about the fact that he was there. All he wanted to do was make sure the lady got to work and then got home to collect a few things and disappear on the streets with him for a while.

Back