Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucifer Morningstar

" I'll take those supplies to fix up our friend here. I don't believe that I ever got a chance to formally introduce myself to you,"
he replied, taking some needle and stitches out of the medical kit. He had done this once or twice before and would do it slowly to close up he wound. " Lucifer Morningstar is the name. Perhaps Father Comstock was a woman in the past, but felt more herself as a man and now she is a he now."

@Space_Candy @Atomic Knight @Capri @York @Everyone

Cullen barked out a laugh at what Lucifer said. Billy gave a withering look between the both of them but otherwise was too exhausted to comment.

Elliot groaned slightly and shook his head. "No, I think I was just confused for a moment..." He looked behind the group, past the ship wreckage and toward the clouds beyond. "The drawbridge isn't there... so we can't just leave."

@Capri @Space_Candy @Lucky @Everyone​

The subsequent 'defeat' and crash of the airship wasn't anything that threw Giorno off guard - in fact, he expected it. Of course, Songbird had damaged something with the ship, but crashing without it on the tail of the gang was a better alternative to crashing with it. He took on the sequence of events with unbroken resolve, emerging from the debris of the crashed vessel as if on cue with Elliot's assertations.

A pair of disembodied ghostly fists briefly emerged from his shoulders, hurling aside a chunk of steel as Giorno stepped out from behind it and lightly dusted off his uniform. "Then the only route left for us is forward. If this 'Comstock' person has some position of authority in Columbia, then his - or her - House is the most fortified place in the city, right? A perfect place to secure ourselves and wait for Billy's power to return."

Giorno glanced back towards the distant clouds, alongside Elliot. "The more we stand out in the open is more opportunity for Songbird to come back. It must be following you, Elliot," he glanced at the boy. "It may seem strange, but you're safer within Comstock's house than out of it."

"Come on."

Giorno took the first step, moving past the gang towards the entrance of Comstock House.

@Atomic Knight @Lucky @Space_Candy @Whoever​

GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight
@EVERYONE

“I can! I have this!” Gentaro says, pulling out the Medical switch. He placed it in and flipped the switch, showing a medical kit.

“Who needs it?”
Mason Moretti
@Capri

"I could use some healing," Mason groaned, picking himself up and out of the broken glass. He had a couple cuts from the crash, probably from the glass he was lying in. He was tired and sore, but he walked out of the airship with as much confidence as he could muster. It seemed that they were in the belly of the beast by Columbia's standards.
Lucifer Morningstar

" I'll take those supplies to fix up our friend here. I don't believe that I ever got a chance to formally introduce myself to you,"
he replied, taking some needle and stitches out of the medical kit. He had done this once or twice before and would do it slowly to close up he wound. " Lucifer Morningstar is the name. Perhaps Father Comstock was a woman in the past, but felt more herself as a man and now she is a he now."

Cullen barked out a laugh at what Lucifer said. Billy gave a withering look between the both of them but otherwise was too exhausted to comment.

Elliot groaned slightly and shook his head. "No, I think I was just confused for a moment..." He looked behind the group, past the ship wreckage and toward the clouds beyond. "The drawbridge isn't there... so we can't just leave."

@Atomic Knight @Capri @Crunch @Lucky @Space_Candy @Anyone

"There's another theory that might make sense then. There isn't just one iteration of this floating city, and there isn't just one Comstock. Multiple iterations of similar worlds. In one, Comstock is a woman, such as Elliot remembers. In another, Comstock is a man. Sort of like twins..."

Mason looked out into the distance towards the sea of clouds below the floating island. He appeared lost in thought. "...I wonder how Macy is doing. She must be stuck in a loop somewhere as well. Sis... We're gonna save everyone, especially you. Though it would be nice to have your help right now. Healing up would be easier. Staying optimistic would be easier too..." His expression darkened into a scowl.
The subsequent 'defeat' and crash of the airship wasn't anything that threw Giorno off guard - in fact, he expected it. Of course, Songbird had damaged something with the ship, but crashing without it on the tail of the gang was a better alternative to crashing with it. He took on the sequence of events with unbroken resolve, emerging from the debris of the crashed vessel as if on cue with Elliot's assertations.

A pair of disembodied ghostly fists briefly emerged from his shoulders, hurling aside a chunk of steel as Giorno stepped out from behind it and lightly dusted off his uniform. "Then the only route left for us is forward. If this 'Comstock' person has some position of authority in Columbia, then his - or her - House is the most fortified place in the city, right? A perfect place to secure ourselves and wait for Billy's power to return."

Giorno glanced back towards the distant clouds, alongside Elliot. "The more we stand out in the open is more opportunity for Songbird to come back. It must be following you, Elliot," he glanced at the boy. "It may seem strange, but you're safer within Comstock's house than out of it."

"Come on."

Giorno took the first step, moving past the gang towards the entrance of Comstock House.

@mintyy

"Right. Let's move forward. Kite, stick close and be ready for anything, okay?" As soon as he was finished being healed, assuming Gentaro made good on his offer, Mason would march forward. His aura wasn't fully back yet, but he found the energy to at least keep pushing onward.​

Lucifer Morningstar

"Is everyone-"
Before he had a chance to finish his sentence, he would look over at Nathan and se he was bleeding out of the cheek. He had managed to maintain composure. He would take out his hankerchief and pour some alcohol on it. " Mind if I cleaned that up a little for you?" He asked.

@Space_Candy @Atomic Knight @Everyone
"It's the executive estate of Columbia," Elliot explained, taking a step away from Emily and looking up at the building. He began to speak as if reciting from a book. "Comstock established the residence as her principal workplace. The structure, built upon the three heads of the Founders, is its own floating island."

"Her?" Cullen questioned, getting to his feet. He was relatively unharmed thanks to him Bloodstone ring. "I thought Comstock was male."

"Hmm?" Elliot gave Cullen a confused look. "Uh... no, I..." He reached up and held his forehead as if it was hurting him. "M-Maybe you're right."

"I-I'm not sure anymore myself," Bridgette added, looking similarly confused.

Billy was walking around, checking on the condition of the group. "Is anyone hurt? Who can currently heal?"

@Takumi @mintyy @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Indigo Al @York @Capri @Crunch @Yun Lee @Lucky @Neko Shogun @Ottonomous Ghost @Sark @Minerva @Space_Candy @Alex Azure @Krieg @Ver @Josh @Kaykay
GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight
@EVERYONE

“I can! I have this!” Gentaro says, pulling out the Medical switch. He placed it in and flipped the switch, showing a medical kit.

“Who needs it?”
Nathan opened his mouth to speak but closed it as a striking man approached him, reaching out to put a cloth to his cheek, causing Nathan to let out a hiss at the sting of the alcohol.

He looked ahead, watching the group ahead speak out their location- and judging by the confused faces it wasn't good.

He noted Elliot holding his head, casting a questioning- yet sympathetic gaze over the other man.

@Atomic Knight @Lucky @York @Anyone
Lucifer Morningstar

"Come on."

Emily Hayes
@Takumi @mintyy @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Indigo Al @Atomic Knight @Capri @Crunch @Yun Lee @Lucky @Neko Shogun @Ottonomous Ghost @Sark @Minerva @Space_Candy @Alex Azure @Krieg @Ver @Josh @Kaykay

Emily blinked, realizing she had zoned out a bit, having stayed at a rather awkward distance to Elliot. But she didn't take long to get her bearings again, even if she did feel a little out of place, unable to heal others, she herself seemed uninjured. Giorno however, did make a good point. Aside from the strange differences between what Cullen knew, and what Elliot knew about this place, they were better off finding shelter inside Comstock House. On the other hand, she had her doubts this place was unoccupied; they would likely meet resistance.

aV4XrwW.png

"I hate beginning with a fight. But I doubt we'll be let in without issue." She said, furrowing her brow a little.

There was a pause as she assessed the structure itself, walking stick in hand as she braced herself for trouble.

"Do you think anyone is home right now?" She added, starting to realize how eerily deserted the place seemed, save for the light in the distance.

She had half a mind to approach it, slowly beginning to walk forwards, but the way she was holding that stick of hers made it clear she anticipated some form of trouble.​

"Oh, great." Jianyu got to her feet, sore but at least able to fight again. "Or, how about this. Comstock's here to guard him from us." She pointed at Elliot. "Think about it! Why the fuck would the cops be on our asses in a loop that's supposed to be all regular and shit? Especially when there's a guy who can make Multiversal portals in Columbia? So maybe our dear Revan decided to swap out Mom and put Pop in instead?" Beat. "Shit, or maybe he did transition. I don't fuckin' know. Maybe it just doesn't fucking matter and I'm overthinking things. Either way, let's get a move on and get out of this joint."

@Atomic Knight @Takumi @mintyy @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Indigo Al @York @Capri @Crunch @Yun Lee @Lucky @Neko Shogun @Ottonomous Ghost @Sark @Minerva @Space_Candy @Alex Azure @Krieg @Ver @Josh @Kaykay

GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight @Ver @Crunch @Alex Azure @mintyy
@EVERYONE

Gentaro pulled out an ointment from his Medical box on his left arm, and put it on gauze that was also in the box. He walked over and placed the gauze on Mason’s wounds and soon they began to seal up like they weren’t there.

“Alright! I’m heading in!”

Gentaro would follow Giorno inside after healing up Mason.​

"It's the executive estate of Columbia," Elliot explained, taking a step away from Emily and looking up at the building. He began to speak as if reciting from a book. "Comstock established the residence as her principal workplace. The structure, built upon the three heads of the Founders, is its own floating island."

"Her?" Cullen questioned, getting to his feet. He was relatively unharmed thanks to him Bloodstone ring. "I thought Comstock was male."

"Hmm?" Elliot gave Cullen a confused look. "Uh... no, I..." He reached up and held his forehead as if it was hurting him. "M-Maybe you're right."

Billy was walking around, checking on the condition of the group. "Is anyone hurt? Who can currently heal?"

@Takumi @mintyy @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Indigo Al @York @Capri @Crunch @Yun Lee @Lucky @Neko Shogun @Ottonomous Ghost @Sark @Minerva @Space_Candy @Alex Azure @Krieg @Ver @Josh @Kaykay

Despite the rough landing, Azura couldn't help but sigh once they were all relatively unharmed. Or at least, not seriously so. She never wanted to get into another one of those...airships again.

"The closest my magic gets is reguvinating others...I could try and help reguvinate your magic, to speed the process along at the least, but I don't know if it'll work exactly as intended." Azura spoke up to Billy. On one hand, she was sure that it'd tire her out, on the other she didn't want to completely rely on the pendant for the entirety of their mission.

Luckily, others had quickly went about healing those injured among their group, which was good.

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @York @Capri @Jeremi @Crunch @Alex Azure @Gummi Bunnies @Everyone

View attachment 6567

"Well, whatever the case about Comstock, I have a bad feeling about this all the same," Touma sighed. He didn't mean to be any sort of Debbie Downer here, but wherever he went, misfortune tended to follow, and he was sure that whoever was holding the name of Comstock at the end of this path was surely no friend of theirs, but all the same, they had to have landed here for a reason. Even the boy could feel it. At least judging from Elliot's multiple bouts of confusion, between this and the paradox of recognizing, yet not recognizing Emily and Nathan. The boy was a bit dull sometimes, but he was observant when he needed to be.

Whatever it all meant, they were on some sort of trail. Whether or not it was the right track though, they'd have to unfortunately find out that ugly truth for themselves.

"Alright, everyone. Let's stick together. After that big bird, we've definitely ticked someone off," he breathed, walking alongside the rest of the group toward the abode of Comstock.

@Jeremi @Crunch @Alex Azure @Atomic Knight @Capri @Takumi @York @Yun Lee @Lucky @Space_Candy @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Everybody

"I can, but that's going to take about a half an hour away to-" Oh they moved on already. That's so rude! Biscuit had seniority and should be listened to! Was it possible? Were the people here immune to cute girls? Biscuit shuddered at the outlandish thought.

View attachment 6567

"Well, whatever the case about Comstock, I have a bad feeling about this all the same," Touma sighed. He didn't mean to be any sort of Debbie Downer here, but wherever he went, misfortune tended to follow, and he was sure that whoever was holding the name of Comstock at the end of this path was surely no friend of theirs, but all the same, they had to have landed here for a reason. Even the boy could feel it. At least judging from Elliot's multiple bouts of confusion, between this and the paradox of recognizing, yet not recognizing Emily and Nathan. The boy was a bit dull sometimes, but he was observant when he needed to be.

Whatever it all meant, they were on some sort of trail. Whether or not it was the right track though, they'd have to unfortunately find out that ugly truth for themselves.

"Alright, everyone. Let's stick together. After that big bird, we've definitely ticked someone off," he breathed, walking alongside the rest of the group toward the abode of Comstock.

@Jeremi @Crunch @Alex Azure @Atomic Knight @Capri @Takumi @York @Yun Lee @Lucky @Space_Candy @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Everybody

"You would think," Biscuit replied following next to Touma. "That a leader of a floating city would have a place that looks way nicer to live in."

"Comestock's a person that isn't much to being comfortable or nice." Bridgette looked up at the entrance. "It's all about intimidation and following orders."

Azure Kite

Kite was a bit dazed from the impact, but he was still able to stand and walk albeit with a little wobble. Mouth agape, he stared up the grandeur of the entrance to the Comstock House in awe.

Fancy...

"Right. Let's move forward. Kite, stick close and be ready for anything, okay?"

He nodded. Though things seemed relatively safe, something just felt amiss. From the Songbird's attack, to the unsettled reaction from Bridgette and Elliot upon landing here. It felt almost... elaborate. But seeing as they were on a floating island up in the sky, he figured they didn't really have anywhere else to go.

Keeping a keen eye, he pressed on along with the others. "I... don't know... how to feel about this."

Of the suggestions about the mystery of Comstock, Billy found Jianyu's the most intriguing. "I can't say I know Revan well, but he doesn't seem like the kind of evil bad guy who wouldn't have safeguards against... well, people like us."

Elliot still didn't really understand any talk that had to do with Revan or loops. His brain had rejected thinking about it outright, though a part of him knew he should be engaging with that information. "Is Comstock really as bad as you say, Bridgette?" he asked, moving forward. "All I've read about him told me he was a good man. Columbia exists because of him."

"Perhaps that's the problem," Cullen offered, though Elliot wasn't sure about that.

When the group neared the entrance, they found a strange, shimmering light. "Careful," Billy said, though Elliot approached it anyway.

"It looks like a tear..." he said, reaching out for it. Before anyone could stop him, the tear shimmered brightly and enveloped Elliot. All that could be heard was his distant scream as it disappeared.

"No!" Billy exclaimed. He made a run for the front entrance, only to find the inside was just as cold and foreboding.

z6fHn2i.jpg

Elliot's yell could be heard distantly, coming from somewhere up above.

View attachment 6570

"Huh--?!"

Touma could only gasp as Elliot had suddenly disappeared right before their very eyes, moving for the strange light before it disappeared as well. All the same though, it seemed as though he wasn't too far away, if the yelling could be trusted... which it probably couldn't, but they were already in this deep. No use wasting time when someone was in danger, when they had someone to save.

"Tch!" With a click of his tongue, Touma also began to spring forward, fists clenched as he attempted to follow the sounds of Elliot's yells.

@Jeremi @Crunch @Alex Azure @Atomic Knight @Capri @Takumi @York @Yun Lee @Lucky @Space_Candy @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @mintyy @Everybody

Azure Kite

Kite's feet were rooted to the ground as all he could do was watch as Elliot get taken away. Each time something bad happened, he would find himself in too much shock to do anything. His inability to act had started to frustrate him, since the moment they took off in that blimp. Without the help of a system operating him and telling him what to do, he was often dumbstruck when faced with unforeseen events.

He'd had enough of it.
He forced himself to move.
He grit his teeth and let out a frustrated growl.

With a determined scowl on his face, Kite ran towards Elliot's voice after Gentaro and Touma. In the heat of the moment, inside Kite's head, Mason's warning to stick close had been thrown away in favour of saving Elliot.

As the group barreled up the stairs to the next floor, they found that the building proceeded to get more cold and uninviting as they proceeded. The stairs led to dark, dimly lit corridors of stone, where not a soul could be observed. The ceilings were high, making every step a dim echo that stretched on and on.

Elliot's cries changed sharply in tone, going from yelling to a strangled gasp. Soon, the boy's laughter could be heard all throughout the hallway, echoing from the distance.

The laughter sounded maniacal and strange, coinciding with the group finding a large mural on the wall.

FJzuucL.png

Beams of white light appeared from an adjacent hallway, though their sources were not yet visible.

As the group barreled up the stairs to the next floor, they found that the building proceeded to get more cold and uninviting as they proceeded. The stairs led to dark, dimly lit corridors of stone, where not a soul could be observed. The ceilings were high, making every step a dim echo that stretched on and on.

Elliot's cries changed sharply in tone, going from yelling to a strangled gasp. Soon, the boy's laughter could be heard all throughout the hallway, echoing from the distance.

The laughter sounded maniacal and strange, coinciding with the group finding a large mural on the wall.

FJzuucL.png

Beams of white light appeared from an adjacent hallway, though their sources were not yet visible.

Taking the lead, Clark would do a scan of the whole area with his X-ray vision. If "no sin evades his sight", hopefully no danger would avoid Clark's.
View attachment 6575
'Everybody, we should stay alert. I don't think we're alone."

@Takumi @mintyy @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Indigo Al @York @Capri @Crunch @Yun Lee @Lucky @Neko Shogun @Ottonomous Ghost @Sark @Minerva @Space_Candy @Alex Azure @Krieg @Ver @Atomic Knight @Kaykay

Lucifer Morningstar

" And here I thought lowering our guard would be the smart thing to do,"
he sarcastically replied, looking around for traps and keeping an eye to make sure the boy who cut his mouth open didn't do anything dumb.

@Space_Candy @Atomic Knight @Josh @Everyone

View attachment 6577

"What... is going on here...?" Touma could only murmur as they trekked deeper and deeper into the progressively cold structure, followed by Elliot's chilling laughter from wherever he was and the mural before their eyes. It almost felt like he was in a horror movie, the way everything just felt so... cold. Dark. Sinister.

While Clark scanned around with his special vision, Touma reluctantly began to make his way down the hallway, his movements steady, resisting the urge to just break into a reckless sprint now. Was he scared? No. Nervous? Maybe a little bit. Touma had faced much more daunting than a dark hall and lived to tell the tale, but all the same, it didn't change that something felt... off about this place. Forget if it was something like dark magic or energy that fueled this place. Touma could recognize this aura anywhere, whether on the Magic Side of his world or the Science Side.

It was pure evil. The kind that was able to shake someone like Touma, who seldom even believed people were capable of being purely evil... if whoever was waiting at the end of it all could be called a human.

"Elliot...?! Can you hear us?!" He dared to call out as he ventured forward.

@Jeremi @Crunch @Alex Azure @Atomic Knight @Capri @Takumi @York @Yun Lee @Lucky @Space_Candy @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @mintyy @Josh @Everybody

As if responding to Touma, Elliot's voice began to project all around the group. Oddly enough, it seemed like he was talking at a whisper and his voice was almost hoarse.

"Our minds are born festering with sin. Some are so blighted, they will never find redemption. The mind must be pulled up from the roots. My children are without blame, without fault and without choice. For what is the value of will when the spirit is found wanting?"

Clark's X-Ray vision allowed him to see a couple of figures walking down the adjacent hall.

8buJkGQ.png

They had no way to see as far as Clark could discern, though the shining lights were coming from their open, gaping mouths. They perked up, as if hearing those speaking. They were about to exit the hall and encounter the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back