New User Zoinks! One Woman's Intense Struggle with Figuring Out Introductions!

AMVabel

There are only so many ways to say hello. Zoinks isn't actually one of them, but it adds a bit of variety.

My name is Ferny and I'm 18. I signed up here because it looks like an active and user-friendly site, which is kind of what I'm going for. I'm taking a gap year between Sixth Form and University after getting much better A Levels than I was predicted and realising I would regret not going for some of the really highly-ranked universities. So, in my time off, I'm tutoring part time and spending the other half... not doing very much, other than reading and staring into the void. The last book I read was Mere Theology by Alister McGrath, which was pretty cool.

Other things I like doing include colouring and theatre, though I'm not part of a theatre group at the moment. I'm not part of a colouring group, either, but I can do that on my own.

And that's about it, if we're keeping this un-excruciating!

Welcome to STC! Please let me know if you need any assistance or direction. :>

Hello! Welcome to STC

and yeah, this place is pretty active and user-friendly,,,

Welcome to the neighborhood, the best and most creative place to make good use of that spare time.

Thanks Moriah! - that's the plan!! Got to get back on that writing-horse somehow and this seems like a great way to do it!

Hello, and welcome! Alister McGrath is a family favorite for my brothers, great choice of reading!

If I might ask, what sort of RP's are you looking for? Several of us are looking for new players, and you can find our posts in the Bulletin board for more on that. Maybe I could help you find a good one?

Thanks, Lazzamore! I agree - I had actually just finished reading a Hitchens when I started it so I was worried about what I might find but honestly? I think I would trust McGrath if I was lonely or grieving a great deal more than I would trust Hitchens or Dawkins.

Ooh, good thought. The first thing that came to mind for me, really, was an RP that I could connect with personally. It doesn't need to be a 'slice-of-life' RP, but I'd want to play a human and I'd want to be able to have room to develop my character within the plot itself. I love fantasy, but I'm most comfortable with fantasy where the magic and the mythology and the dangers are metaphors for something more inherently human. I also like RPs where despite character differences, the aim is to explore the dynamics between characters in such a way that figuring out how to unravel another player's character is like setting the last puzzle-piece in place - and then the GM throws more stuff at you, meaning that the characters stay dynamic and the next arc/campaign/etc has you figuring out that character again by the side of the plot.

So, uh, in short:
-Fantasy, but the kind that allows for human...ness
-Character Development
-GM keeping you on your toes

By the way, it's really kind of you to offer to help me find an RP - thank you!

Hum... Well, if you don't mind Epic format RPs, I might recommend Chronicles of the Omniverse? It has more then one fantasy section, Lutetia (which is urban dark fantasy) and Aelora (high fantasy) to name a few. The GM's I happen to know are some of the more experienced on this site. I feel compelled to mention my own RP, Ages Eternal, 'cause we could use some more players. But its pretty high-level power wise: We play as gods and their champions as well as normal people. Outside of Epics, there are a few great idea's floating around for Play-by-post's in the Bulletin board, and you might look there for one.

Back