Galactic Legacy 5/5

Zainia. Its in my valued resource part. Basically what I thought of it as is a mineral/element with a super special property. Its atomic structure allows it to have a sustained fusion/fission reaction with clumps exceeding 100kg in mass. What happens is because of its structure, once it reaches a specific temperature it undergoes a fission process, this fission reaction heats it up even more, creating a fusion react, recombining the just split atomic structure. After a few seconds it cools down to the point where the fission reaction restarts, and so on. Its ridiculously hard to find, extract and contain. (its only found near the brim of the mantle of the planet, the heat there is what even starts the fission reaction.) The sentinels use it to power ships, cities, and its plasma weaponry.
Ah. Make sure you check with Commander if you haven't, he did say to approach him when it came to making this stuff.

Also, hey you use plasma too! What kind? I went with the Star Wars style cuz I could see a bunch of my troops weilding those types of weapons.

Instead of focused plasma like in Xcom or star wars. Its more of a spread out plasma, think of it has just a bunch of mini solar flares. Its simply meant to melt more than pierce.

Yea, normal infantry use railguns, but the heavier stuff uses plasma. Its used as either a anti-armor, area denial, or AoE attacks, or, if you really pissed the sentinels off, they'll do something totally against their morale code and use ground troops and the warden together to slowly try and "cleanse" the planet. so yea, the covenant.

So now that everyone who has submitted a sheet has posted, the posting order is @ChelonianCommander, @Mizzrym, @TheGreenerGrey, @Littlemankitten, @CaerBear, then lastely @Arthus_Vox and repeat until further notice.

EDIT! : I changed the time skip for each rotation from 1 year to 1 month as I think it would be easier to manage and would mean that no one can simply just go to another planet anytime anywhere.

Last edited:
Question, can there be mining outposts to produce luxury resources, or does it have to be a colony?

may we get with the GM to rename the remaining planets in our solar systems if we have names and possible stations that might be orbiting them? or is that too much?

I can. Just PM me which planet and what you want to rename it since I don't want to go over the entire post looking for maybe 1 or 2 sentences in 3 paragraphs worth of words.

Hey, speaking with green about some stuff made me think: as far as I know we haven't defined where you end up when you make a FTL jump into another solar system, Do we pop out of FTL near the start itself or more on edge solar system as a whole? or can we target planets inside the other solar system to jump to?

When you FTL into another system from a system to FTL into the edge of the system. When you FTL into another system from a sector, you can arrive into any planet. Might change it later on though.

Back