A Demon and a Dragon

Sam muttered something to herself. "Fine," she said. She reached into her bag and pulled out what looked like a guitar case, but with some minor changes.

"I was going to carry out that hit with this, but now that that isn't a possibility..." Sam trailed off. She opened the case, and instead of a guitar, there was a large rifle-looking device, with piano-like keys on its side. It had no visible trigger or firing mechanism.

Sam smirked. "It is a sonic rifle. It is the same as a regular hunting rifle, but it has some minor modifications." She paused for a second, then continued, "It has the ability to fire soundwaves converted into pure energy." She looked up expectantly at the demon.

Sam readied the rifle. She armed herself as one would with an ordinary rifle, but instead, she put her left hand onto the side of it, where the keys were. She played a specific sequence to "wake" the rifle. She aimed it towards a stack of beer cans that a couple of teenagers had made an hour or so ago. She played another sequence that sounded like a snatch of electronic music. On the last note, she held the key, and a blast of light shot forth from the barrel of the rifle. It annihilated the cans and the wall behind it, blowing a perfectly round hole in the wall and the wall of the building behind the nightclub.

Sam nodded. "I can see how that would be a problem," she said. "But, almost all weapons of the caliber you want will be too big to conceal."

Sam gave an almost wolflike grin. "Oh, no. I'm not interested in money," she said. "I want to study you and your power, to see if I can use it for myself."

Back