Luci gazed at the vessel, violet eyes full of eagerness and wonder. "She's a beautiful ship..." A somewhat embellished compliment. In the course of nearly half a decade at sea, Alexander had ridden on far better ships, though not many. He'd also ridden on far, far worse. Honestly, this was more than the lanky youth had Bern expecting, and it showed, judging from the smile on his face.

Without awaiting permission, Luci began to climb up the starboard side with surprising Grace for one so long of limb, moving as quick as a spider. Perhaps it was just his years of experience, but it still seemed...eerie. Pulling himself over the railing in a single, fluid motion, Luci would set his sights on the deck itself, taking in every little feature he could. "Sir," he almost whispered, addressing Victor. "May I just say, thank you for allowing us to use your ship."

For the first time, Luci's youth was showing. The way he grinned, the energetic undertones to his voice, the way he barely seemed able to keep himself from running below deck to explore. The moment his feet had hit the deck, the ominous gloom seemed to lift from his soul, revealing a side of Luci that seemed almost...attractive.

"You won't regret this, I promise you. By the time I leave this ship, she'll be even more enchanting than she is already!"

Kenn's eyes widened at Victor's response, and then realised his social faux-pa. He chuckled and shook his head. "Total accident!" He called after the pirate. "No bad feelings, I hope?" The drunk left just as he said it, so Kenn doubted that he heard it. He sighed and shook his head again, turning back to Niamh. He laughed. "Not at all, Niamh! I much prefer your company to any other woman's," he said, sipping at the water with a slight smile.

By the time Niamh wanted to kick them all out, he was half-finished the glass. He chuckled, though a little disappointed that his flirting had been cut short. "So quick to kick me out?" He asked in a teasing tone, taking a gold coin out of his pocket and sitting it on the counter. "I'll see you in the morning, then," he said, directed more at Niamh thought pretty much everyone in the bar was going to be there when the sun came up.

In the morning, Kenn was up at first light. This wasn't a peculiar thing for him, since he usually got up in the morning to get the best pick at the fish of the day. He almost got himself ready to do that, too, before seeing his packed things and remembering. He laughed a little at himself and his dumbness as he gathered up the belongings. He grabbed another thing - a seashell necklace that he had washed up with - and stuffed it into the bag, before heading out to the docks.

When he got there, he automatically started gravitating to his own boat. It was sad looking in comparison to the other boats on the dock, and always had been. It was a medium-sized rowboat, just big enough for two people and some full fishing nets. It bobbed and wobbled in the water, even if the waves weren't that strong. The floorboards were ready to give way, Kenn had noticed on his last trip. He would have tried to sell it for some extra coin had it not been for that problem. He stepped away with a sigh. Some kids in the town would find it and have fun with it, probably.

He looked around the docks, and spotted the other members of the crew. He wondered what they were looking at, and he suddenly realised that it was the boat. That big thing, with the two masts, and the twelve guns...belonged to Victor. The drunkard. He sighed in disbelief, approaching everyone else. "Well I'll be," he said under his breath, a tiny chuckle in his voice.

Néstor watched the man after he said goodbye to him and the other, the drunk man who was apparently going to be their cook. God bless them all they were going to die of some kind of poisoning for sure. He wouldn't survive this damned trip, and he didn't even know why he was going. Grumbling, he made his way home, since it was already late.
He barely slept, but that was only normal, since the good doctor was victim of insomnia for five years now, and he had grown used to it. Instead, he gave his decision some more thought, and he prepared a bag for the trip, stuffed with different stuff he could need during the trip. God knew these idiots would get themselves hurt.

-_-_-(<°>)-_-_-

Luckily, he managed a few hours of sleep, so he wasn't that tired the next morning... already used to it. He had a strange feeling in his stomach, and he couldn't tell if he was nervous, excited, or a mixture of both. The latter was the most probable answer.
Dressed accordingly and carrying his heavy bad, he walked towards the docks where they were supposed to meet. And he let out a whistle, visibly surprised to see their... vessel. But when he found out who owned it, it only made him suspicious. How had this man in particular got hold of a beauty like this?. He knew him, Victor, wasn't he?. He was in the tavern where the fight had taken place the night before. He didn't look like he could buy something like this, he wasn't thr kind of man that owned something like this. But it was always better not to ask questions.

The kids, how many kids?, four, five?. One of them that had seemed to be a bit older and more mature until his face lit up as he climbed and moved around the ship, clearly enjoying it like a child with a toy. The admiration... tsk. Néstor scoffed, shaking his head. He'd follow the rest of them onto the deck whenever they went up, muttering a rather quiet. "Good morning". That honestly didn't expect any answers. He'd get to know the rest of the crew later, for now, he wasn't very eager.

Haytham turned at the stranger's mention of the kraken. Had he met this guy the night before? "I'm sure he's joking. I don't think we'll see any kraken's while on this trip."

From up on the ship, Victor snorted, "Sure we will. The route we'll have to take to get to tha' cave o' yers causes us to run right through a kraken nest." The old man and the scientist both looked at the young Alexander climbing the side of the ship. Victor appraised the youth and nodded, "Ya been missin' the sea, haven't ya?" He could recognize those who belonged at sea.

Still, there was something odd about the lad. "Feel free to have a look around." He could see the eagerness in the male's eyes.

"Kenn, Doctor." Haytham greeted the two men who approached. "Morning." He gestured to the ship, "Victor has been kind enough to allow us use of his ship..."

"Oi, skinny lad." Vic shouted down at the scientist, "Get yer asses up here. Yer gonna have to start assigning ship roles if we're gonna run smoothly."

"What?" Up above Vic nearly rolled his eyes, "This ain't an established crew. Someone is going to have tah captain the ship."

"Yes, right. Shall we, uh, vote?" Victor shrugged, uncaring.

"I don' care, just get yer arses onto the ship. We need to set sail!" He was eager to get out onto the water.

Duncan Mclauden

The night was slow. He sat on the edge of the dock where he figured he would be close enough to hear the rumble of the morning. Surely he wouldn't be able to sleep through the crew loading up. As the night wore on he sipped at the last of the rum. Eventually the burden of the darkness became too great and he laid on the dock with the flask held close to his heart. It felt like it had only been a few minutes and he heard feet rumbling across the dock and some ambling at a more relaxed pace. "Sound like a damn herd of sheep." Cursing under his breath he pushed up on one elbow and peered bleary eyed at those docking the ship. That was his ship! He was the cook and it was about time he be getting aboard lest they leave him behind.

Scrambling to his feet Duncan made a mad dash for the ship at the end of the dock. He was a bit more spritely without his rum in the morning. With a leap he planted his feet firmly on the gang plank. It demanded attention though he wasn't sure he would get any. Duncan's lips pulled back to reveal a friendly sort of snarl and he marched the rest of the way up the gang plank until his feet were planted firmly on board the ship. The waves under his feet felt strange and he peered around at the men already on board. They were asking for a vote to be had and he threw his hands in the air. "I only cook. Rest of yah sea rats do as yah please." Immediately he began to make his way toward the spot that looked like it would be the store room. "Need to make sure we got supplies enough to cook something decent. Maybe some rum to balance me legs out. Little rum will take that swaying o'board and make it even." Chuckling to himself he pushed the first door open and spotted barrels of supplies. Hopefully most of them were rum.

Twila awoke from a less than peaceful slumber. She did prefer the tavern beds, but she wasn't used to the comfy down of it. It didn't help that the waves of sea calmed her to sleep, and without that, she couldn't fall asleep or stay asleep as well as she could with the gentle rocking of the waves. Standing up from the bed she quickly got dressed and made sure none of the feathers woven into her reddish brown hair came loose. Luckily everything was in good order, so with a deep inhale and exhale, Twila exited the room she had occupied for the night. As she walked down the corridor to go downstairs she could hear other people beginning to get ready for the day. Although Twila knew that Niamh had somehow been convinced to go with them today, so the unlucky patrons were going to have to terrorize some other local tavern if Niamh shut this one down for her trip. She shrugged her shoulders and shoved her hands in her pockets, it wasn't any of her concern anyways.

Walking down the stairs, Twila walked in the direction of the door. She saw Niamh and gave her a quick wave, "Maybe I'll see ya' on the ship this time around, yeah? Don't forget to close the tavern if yer' gonna join us. Don't want no fools ruining yer goods or burning the place down." With that Twila through open the door and walked out into the streets, the fresh sea air assaulting her senses and making her excited for the upcoming trip. She began to whistle one of her favorite shanties called, "Derby Ram". Although to be honest she loved all shanties. They put her in a good mood like they were supposed to. Most crews enjoyed singing them on downtime or while working to pass time and Twila secretly hoped that this crew would be the same way. Twila had come upon Victor's ship, standing on the docks she gave it an appreciative once over before climbing on board. She saw a small portion of the crew already gathered and gave them a wave. She had finished the shanty before boarding the ship and no longer whistling she smiled. "Early risers eh? Don't go fallin' asleep as we're sailin' outta port now. Y'all better listen to my directions for the shallows carefully, ya' here? Don't need ya' running Victor's ship aground."

Now this sounded almost too good to be true. A ship going right through a possible kraken's nest? With an unestablished crew?

No wait, this was too sudden. They appear to be leaving soon. And the only things Carlos had on him right now were a pair of reading glasses, his journal and a pen. Sure, his place was just a 10 minute walk away from the docks but they were leaving now. Shit. He gotta be quick. He couldn't let such an opportunity slip away.

With a sudden burst of energy (and without thinking), Carlos grabbed the scrawny scientist by the wrist.

"Are you still taking?" he blurted out. "Take me with you. I've got experience at sea. I can help! I'll be useful! I'll do anything. Please, let me join your crew." There's an almost maniacal glint in his eyes. "I have to see the kraken. I need to see it. I don't need anything else other than that."

Any regard for first impressions had gone out the window along with most of his common sense, apparently. His grip tightened like a vice. A very enthusiastic vice.

"I don't even need to get my stuff if we're leaving now. I just need to get to a kraken's nest!"

When Néstor was about to board their ship along with everyone else, acknowledging Mr. Haytham's greeting, which was unexpected but nice to hear, with a nod of his head.
He looked around himself, never a man to say goodbye. He had been living in this place for a few years already, but it was time to go. He hadn't told anybody, he preferred to remember the people he had met with a smile on their face rather than a sad expression because of him leaving. However, when a voice interrupted his thoughts, it occurred to Néstor that he was out of luck.

"Néstor Martín García, cabrón. Dónde crees que vas sin decir nada, eh?!!"
(Néstor Martin Garcia, bastard, where do you think you're going without saying anything, uh??!!)

An old man, probably around Victor's age, perhaps a bit younger, with a dark, bushy beard and an angry expression was walking towards them. The man was agitated, he was glaring at Néstor, who in exchange had a rather sad expression now on his face. The other man was speaking spanish, and it was clearly someone the doctor had known during his stay in Nassau.

"Rick, que me voy, no se me da bién decir adios, joder." He answered in spanish as well, letting out a long sigh, still on the dock.
(Rick, ...I'm leaving. I'm not good at saying goodbye. F*ck...)

The newcomer folded his arms, still glaring.
"Cómo que te vas?, a dónde?, desde cuando?"
(What do you mean you're leaving?, Where are you going?, Since when?")
"No se dónde vamos, lo decidí ayer, vale?. Este hombre" He signed towards Haytham. "Necesita una tripulación, y sín un médico se van a morir antes de llegar al próximo puerto.
(" I don't know where we're going, ok?. This man needs a crew, and without a doctor they would get themselves killed before reaching the next harbour")
"Y por qué te tienes que ir tú?"
(And why do you have to go?)
"Quien más va a ir?, Mr. Howard es demasiado viejo."
(Who else?, Mr. Howard is too old)
"Y te vas a meter en un barco rodeado de crios?, tú?"
(and you're getting into a ship filled with kids, you??")
"No me queda mas remedio, así que sí"
(There's no other way, so yeah")
"Y cuando vuelves?"
(And when are you coming back?)
"Algún día, si la vida me lo permite"
(Some day, if life lets me)

The newcomer, whose name was Rick, apparently, let out an exasperated groan and simply wrapped his arms around the doctor. It caught Néstor off guard, and a few seconds to hug the man back and pat his back a few times.

"Ves, ahora te recordare triste..."
(See?, now I'll remember you like this, sad)
"Tienes muchas mas cosas que recordar, imbécil..." His tone was turning fonder now, less angry.
(You have many other things to remember, idiot...)
"Vete anda, que se van a ir sin ti. Ven a verme algún día. Y recuerdos a tus hermanos..."
(Go, they're going to leave without you at this rate. Come see me some day, and say hi to your siblings")

Néstor nodded, him and Rick exchanged a long gaze before he finally turned around and boarded the ship with everyone else. Rick stayed there on the dock's. He'd stay and see them off as they sailed away.

Alexis jerked up from her position, faintly remembering something about a ship. Last night there was talk of pirates, right? Wait, there had definitely been arrangements. She swore violently, realizing she might've missed the ship. Crap, did she? She bolted towards the door, ramming it open and stumbling out into the daylight where she saw their little crew gathering at the boat. Heart pounding in her chest, Alexis sprinted towards the gang plank of the ship, skidding to a sudden halt as soon as both of her feet were on the ship. God, that would've been bad if she missed it. "So," she said, still catching her breath, "I'm assuming we're leaving pretty soon?"

Niamh didn't even spare Twila a glance as the Scot left the tavern. There was no way that Niamh would be telling her mother that she was leaving, at least not to her face. Instead, she was writing a note explaining all that had went on the night before and how she was going on a little trip. She trusted her mom to look after the tavern, as she had for years before Niamh was old enough to, and Niamh had already made arrangements with a few of the men around town to come in and check on her, as well as make sure no one was being too rowdy.

Love, Niamh. She tucked it behind the bar and went to knock on the doors that she'd given out the night before. "Everyone out, it's time to leave."

It wasn't the first time Niamh had seen Victor's ship. She remembered when he got it, many years before, and had spent many hours climbing around it when she was a little girl.

She moved through the crowd on the dock and made her way onto the ship. "Hurry up," she quipped, "the earlier we set sail the better." The ocean seemed to go on and on and the smell and sounds almost overwhelmed her, but something about it also seemed familiar. She took a deep breath and looked back to all the others boarding the ship. How many of them would throw up during the first hours on the ship? Probably all of them.

She grinned as she turned to Victor, an odd thing to happen. Niamh never smiled at Victor. "I think we should just leave them if they don't board in the next five minutes."

A call echoed down to those on the deck of the ship. To those looking up, they were greeted by the grinning face of Diego as he peered over the edge of the crow's nest, a far way up. Grinning at the people down below, he jumps up onto the railing of the nest, balances his way across the thin poles up the top and quickly scales his way down using the rigging.

Landing with a slight crouch, he stands up, coming up between Victor and Niamh. Spinning around to Victor, he places his hands behind his back as he looks up at him. "Ship's as good as ever captain!" He says, mimicking the 'free' accent of a sailor as he snaps a sloppy salute. "And by that I mean I'm not sure it'll float, which is exciting. The view's great up there, by the way." He finishes with a grin as he ignores the various questions from Victor, ranging from 'What are you doing on my ship', 'I told you not to be on my ship' and 'So help me if I find another noble heirloom stashed away here I swear to god'.

Turning to face Niamh, he looks around her for a bit before looking up at her again. "You... you seen Jimmy? He's somewhere here. Got him up to go check out the ship early this morn'." He says, frowning as he tries to remember where his (best?) friend had gotten to. He had dragged him down from his Ma's place, who Diego hadn't managed to convince about the journey thank god, and had boarded the ship hoping to get a good idea of the layout (and in Diego's place, check up on some of his old stashes to see if the drunk ever found them. Most of them were gone, but he did find a few valuables here and there). Hopefully the teen hadn't strayed near the cannons. Couldn't have a hole in their ship from day one after all.

"I, uh." Haytham was taken aback and he nodded at the overzealous man. "Yeah, sure, come aboard." They could use all the help they could get and Haytham (who had now realized this man had not been one of the one's he'd spoken with the night before) was taking his statement to mean that he didn't want payment, just to see the kraken. "I don't think that the kraken exists..."

From up on the ship, Victor laughed. "O' course the kraken is real. I've seen her with my own eyes." He winked and then disappeared. Haytham figured it was now or never and he climbed up the gangplank with only mild hesitation.

It hadn't even set sail, yet, and already the scientist was feeling a little queasy. Oh, yes, it was going to be a long journey all right. Alexis ran up behind him and he nearly toppled over into the sea. "Uh, yes, we should be setting sail soon." He had no idea when as he certainly didn't want to actually be in charge of the ship things.

Victor looked at Niemh and resisted the urge to give her a fond smile. Already the ship and the sail suited her. Instead he grinned like a child. "I'll agree with ya there, Niemh." He was eager to set sail. To the rest of the gathered members, "Welcome aboard Obscure, almost me fondest treasure." He caressed the railing on the side of the ship like one would stroke a lover.

Diego came running by, mocking the beauty that was his ship, and Victor leaned forward trying to grasp the back of his shirt. "Of course she'll float." It was the one thing in Victor's life kept in pristine condition. "Get yer ass out of here."

"Uh, actually, I believe the boy will be coming along."

Victor appraised Diego. "He'll do, I guess." Huffed the old man.

Last edited:
Luci, who'd never left his position close to Victor watched everyone unfold with rapt, almost unblinking eyes. "I've never seen a kraken myself, but I know better than to say they don't exist just because of that. There are lots of things people think are myths, but once you get far enough out that you can't even see the shoreline anymore...its like you leave one world behind, and step into a new one."

A better one. At least to the pale, odd-eyed youth it was better. Anything could happen on the ocean, and half the time, anything would. "Just so its out there, I'm willing to take on any role given to me. I've worked just about every odd-job a ship could offer to a person, short of Captain and First Mate, so I'm comfortable at whatever station I get put, even deck scrubber if you see fit." Every word was addressed to Victor, and Victor alone. Already the older man had his respect, that alone was plain enough to see. He smelled of salt and sweat and grog and years on the open sea. Luci wanted to pick his brain for every tale he possible could, he wanted to know everything the aged drunk sailor had ever seen.

Maybe they'd seen some of the same things. Maybe he'd seen them in all his years. He'd be the first Luci had ever met if that was the case.

"In the mean time, I think I'll go below deck. Pick out a room, if thats alright with you, sir. Unless we're to have assigned roomage, in which case I'll just...wait right here."

Once he got over his brief fit of wonder, Kenn walked up the gangplank. He turned into the kraken talk, and laughed. "Oh, krakens are real," he said. "I've never seen one," he added quickly, "but there's so many stories about them, I don't think they could all be made up." He shook his head a little.

Now on the deck, he looked around the ship again. It looked even better when you were actually on it. The biggest boat Kenn had been on had been a quarter, maybe an eighth of the size of this one. He wanted to explore the ship, see the best places he could put his nets over, but decided against it for now. "I'll take the role of fisher and fishmonger. Nobody will be going hungry if I can help it," he said. Even as he said this, the idea of sailing over the kraken's nest came into his head. What did kraken eat if no ships sailed over? He could only guess fish, but he hoped that wasn't the case. With the promise he'd just made, he didn't want to be sabotaged by fishless water.

Thankfully, Carlos releases his grip as soon as he Haytham said he would have him. "Th-Thank you! Thank you!" he follows the bespectacled man up the gang-plank. If he had a tail it would be wagging. "You won't regret this!"

Haytham would probably regret it.

Carlos was definitely going to regret this. He'd brought absolutely nothing with him other than whatever he's got on his body and in his pockets. Definitely not enough for a trip lasting longer than two days. But if he did go back for his things there was a good chance the ship would leave without him and he ain't risking that.

Once on deck he finally took the time to check out the ship. He wondered if the old man's claims about it being able to withstand a kraken attack was true.

Victor looked surprised at the young man looking up at him, eager to be here and full of... respect. That was something Victor hadn't had in a long time. "Aye, there's enough rooms for you to go pick yer own. I'll get the ship sailing soon and we can vote on ship captain once we're in the water." He already had a job in mind for the boy, but he'd wait to see who was captain before whispering the suggestion in their ear.

Haytham was already regretting bring along the other boy; he was young and brought nothing with him, but he couldn't bring himself to say no. He just sighed.

Once every one had boarded the ship Victor headed the ship North. "I don't mean to be rude, but shouldn't we head... south?"

The pirate shook his head. "Nah, this is a better route. South ain't a good ship path."

When the wind had taken the ship and it needed little attention, they put captain to a vote. Color Vic surprised when he was voted in charge. He made quick work of assigning the next roles.

Their adventure had begun.

Twila walked up to Victor when he got the ship sailing. With a smile she reached around him and pulled his spyglass off his belt (assuming he has one?). "I'll be needin' this if ya' want me to spot the shallows and storms." She waved it around and did a little dance on her feet. She was excited to be back out on the water. The ship already being out of port increased her excitement tenfold. "Oh, and I call the room towards the back on starboard side. Tha' will always be my favorite room. Can ya' do me a favor and just make sure nobody snags that? Ah what am I saying, I have the key to the locked door for it anyways. If ya' need me I'll be in the Roost's Nest." With that she saluted Victor and made her way towards the rope and rigging tied to the masts of the ship. It was an easy feat for Twila to climb what with years and years of practice. She had tucked the spyglass into the front of her shirt nestled between her breasts so it wouldn't fall out (gross, but effective). She didn't want to slobber all over it because she had to climb with it in her mouth. It only took Twila about 3 minutes to fully climb the rigging and hop into the Roost's Nest.

Once settled at the top of the ship, Twila leaned against the railing that created the bucket, with the spyglass now in her hand. She let the cool sea breeze wash over her and mess up her hair. She inhaled and leaned her head back, it was refreshing to be out here again. When Twila looked up she already noticed some birds following the ship and it was a welcome sight. With birds over them, there were no storm signs to worry about yet. Only when the rain started and the waters got rougher did Twila have to worry. For now, her job was easy with nothing to worry about. That is, for now.

Luci was busy exploring below deck, trying to decide on which room would be his. Two seemed promising, and he didn't want one that would be too big for him. Given how light he liked to travel and how little he actually possessed, all he truly needed was a cot big enough to fit his large frame, and perhaps a stool, and a table, and a small chest for his clothes. Nothing else beyond that mattered much to him, so the lanky lad eventually settled on a room near the stern, on the port side. It had everything he needed, and luckily enough, also came with a small porthole window, so that the ocean was always visible to him in his private times. The desk, again having found luck to pick out a room with more than just a table, even had a few drawers, some small and two of them quite large. No chest, but it hardly mattered. The belongings would still be secure.

He'd set about organizing his things, emptying out the burlap sack he carried onto the sparse, somewhat lumpy mattress. Each thing would find their place in the compartments he chose fit to place them, but he kept a couple things out in the open. A quill, an inkwell, a couple of candles, a flint-and-steel, the bottle of wine he'd bought from the barkeep back on land. Alexander knew she had a name, but currently, he was struggling to remember it. No matter, he didn't expect half of them to survive the trip, and he'd never been one to grow found or attached to those he sailed with. Taking off his dazzling silk and satin coat, he'd fold it before laying inside the roomiest drawer available to him. After his journal, the rather pricey coat was his most valuable and prized possession. Speaking off...

The journal contained what only could be described as Luci's very dreams. He'd never let anyone even glimpse at what he'd inscribed on its tattered, water-worn pages, and nor did he ever plan to. From his pocket, he removed a heavy lock, sturdy and strong from the looks of it, and latched it onto the compartment which housed his precious tome. The key to said lock he would hide in the room, somewhere out of sight. Then, suddenly, the entire ship lurched and Luci's expression changed from one of acidic paranoia to a bright one full of childlike wonder! "The...we're moving!" He exclaimed, to no one really, only to himself, before darting back towards the deck as fast as he could, practically throwing the door to the staircase open as he emerged back topside. Without his coat, he wore nothing on his torso, revealing his finely toned chest, shoulders, and arms, complete with numerous (and in some cases horrific) scars and alabaster pale skin that seemed almost blinding in the sunlight. With an explosive shout of joy, doubtless the loudest anyone had ever seen him get thus far, he'd continue his rapid sprint that would carry him past his numerous crew mates towards the bow of the ship, clambering onto the prow and climbing all the way out onto the figurehead, seemingly unafraid of the idea he might fall into the churning waters below.

Again, speaking to no one other than his own person, and perhaps the ocean itself. "This is where I belong..."

Once he boarded the ship, Nestor picked a spot of the deck from where he could look at the docks and that was a bit... separated from everybody else.
He dropped his bag besides him as he watched, once they started moving. Leaving Nassau, he saw Rick waving goodbye at him with his arm, from the dock. And he couldn't help the smile. And waving back at the man for a bit. He'd visit sometime... or he hoped to anyways.
A bit after they started sailing, mere minutes, one of the kids running around caught his eye. Count of over energetic bastards... one. And he was sure it would turn to more. Because there were too many children, yes, children. One of them must be around 14. And they also had brought some gals along, he swore to god they all better be careful with their private shenanigans which he didn't want nothing to do with unless it was strictly necessary. Or in case they were about to die.

Everyone seemed at ease on the ship, everyone but Jimmy... and maybe Haytham.

The only reason Jimmy was on that ship was Diego and he hadn't seen the younger teen since the moment they set their feet onto the wooden deck of the ship. He wasn't quite sure what to do. Everyone was bustling about, getting the ship ready to set sail, but Jimmy wasn't exactly prepared for when it did finally start to move.

His stomach lurched as Obscure cut through the waves. The bobbing of the ship was gentle, but even so, Jimmy found himself gripping onto the edge of the ship with his breakfast re-entering the outside world. A gentle hand rubbing his back helped to settle him a little, but the burning sensation that was typically felt after puking nearly made him throw up some more.

He held it in and turned to look at who was rubbing his back. Niamh.

"You know, Jimmy, you'll never get any bigger if you just throw up all the food you eat," she laughed, reaching to ruffle the blond mop of hair that topped his head. "Where's Diego? I saw him earlier, but I'm surprised he's not with you." Jimmy just shrugged and released the white-knuckled grip he had on the railing.

"I haven't seen him."

"Aye, well, why don't you go check out the rest of the ship? You won't feel as sick if you get busy." Niamh patted him on the back before walking off.

While he sort of doubted it would help, Jimmy decided to heed Niamh's advice and made his way towards the stairs that led to below deck. His legs wobbled a bit and it took most of his focus not to completely wipe out, but he successfully made his way down (with a lot of help from the stair railings). He'd heard a few people talking about finding a cabin, so he decided to go find himself one (preferably without Diego, but he already had a feeling that they'd be rooming together no matter what).

Niamh had made her way to the other side of the ship and was leaning over the railing to peer into the sea below. It was beautiful, and a sight she probably would've never seen if she hadn't decided to go on this little adventure. That was when she realized that she actually had know clue what they were actually meant to be doing.

She looked back over her shoulder toward where Haytham was standing with Victor, but decided not to ask. He seemed to be busy with Victor, probably plotting out where they were meant to be going. She made a mental note to ask him later and turned back toward the ocean.

Back