A twisted Betrayal

Raynar Saassin

Multiverse RP'er
Benefactor
It was time for the Final Battle. In an alternate Universe where a pair of Warriors; Terra Branford and an outside entrant known as Bellona, the Roman Goddess of War, were about to battle the Magic God known as Kefka Palazzo, who destroyed Terra's world after absorbing a trio known as the Warring Triad, who kept magical balance in the world.

After surviving the perils of Kefka's Tower, Terra and Bellona were set to take him on to restore her world.

latest

"This is it.. Bellona, I still don't know how you came to be in our Universe, but I am very grateful that you chose to aid us.. Let's take Kefka down together." Was what she spoke to her before they approached Kefka at the very top of the Tower.

latest

"Hahahaha! So you finally managed to make it here. I must admit that you are a very annoying pest in the way of my path." "Kefka, it's over. Your reign ends here, and this world will be restored back to Balance!" "Hehe~ Unfortunately for you, your advantage is for nought~ Ya!" Kefka exclaimed as he tossed a crown towards Bellona which unfortunately succeeded to land onto her head and locked itself into place. "No..." "Remember this little trinket, my dear witch?~" "No... You didn't..." "Uwee he he he~! Your precious ally is mine now~!"

Bellona was about to reply when Kefka hit her with the crown. She tried her best to pull it off, but to no avail.

"No! Terra! Run! I don't want to hurt you!"

Eventually, the crown turned into horns, and Bellona changed from a human into a different beast entirely.....

"RRRAAAGGHHH! WHO DARES AWAKEN ME!?" Bellona screamed demonically.

250px-T_Bellona_Demon_Card.png

@Raynar Saassin

Last edited:
"Kefka, what have you done?!" "Oooh~ Now this is a new new feature for sure~! Let's just see how well it handles~! Attack, my pet! Attack!" Kefka then launched himself upwards and transformed into his God Form, sitting up top of a entirely reanimated Warring Triad statue to watch the battle unfold.

"No... He's made it worse... The Slave Crown never did such a thing..." She muttered to herself before bracing herself for Combat. Pulling out her Ultima Weapon, she got herself ready for quite the fight as her Ally had survived numerous encounters it seemed, and she had no idea what kind of strengths this new form provided for her.

"I don't want to fight you.. But if I have to in order to remove that crown.. Then I will!"

Bellona roared and launched herself at Terra with her demonic sword raised high over her head to come crashing down on Terra's head.

It seemed the friend Terra had made was gone, replaced with this twisted, evil monster.

"I WILL GNAW ON YOUR FLESH!"

@Raynar Saassin

Terra raised the Ultima Weapon upwards towards Bellona and made impact, causing a very strong weapon clash in the center. Pushing on for all hope, Terra was now battling a ally turned evil by Kefka's cunning. "Please break free from this! I've already survived such a evil tool, so you can too! Please!" She pleaded as she tried to hold herself back from releasing her powers.

Meanwhile . . . . .​

latest
latest
latest
latest

"What's taking Terra and Bellona so long?" Asked Locke as he started to grow worried about the pair. "I don't know. But it sucks that this Bellona woman can just toss us aside on the airship and just waltz in with her. I just want to Blitz her for that." Sabin exclaimed, infuriated by past events. "Relax, Sabin. I'm sure that this Bellona woman and Terra know what their doing. She's probably looking out for us, is all." Edgar stated, placing faith in the two. "I don't know. Lady Fate drew her cards and decided this. Although I feel like going against her at times, it's just the cards that were drawn after all." Setzer responded, who was holding one of his card decks in his left pocket while they were having a discussion. "Are you so sure about that? Something doesn't quite feel right. I feel the fair lady of Fate is toying with us." "You and women, Edgar..." "I can't help it if I'm a ladies man, Sabin." "Really? You kept on flirting with Terra despite her at the time having Amnesia." "I did no such thing." "Edgar, I can see right through you." "Hmph." "Let's just wait and see what Lady Fate has in store for us. It's still her turn to draw, and it's rude to interrupt a lady."

Bellona only screamed in response. She attempted to drive Terra back with savage blows.

However, unlike the clean, powerful strikes she used while good, these attacks were feral and raw, as if Bellona had lost all of her skills and training.

"NO! Humanity is a curse on this planet! Kefka has helped me see the errors of my ways! Together we shall rid this land of your kind and monsters will rule all!"

@Raynar Saassin

"Then I have no choice..." Terra exclaimed. "I'm going to have to take you down.. If you can hear me in there... I'm sorry." She then began to apply all of her strength into her weapon swings and begin to apply constant pressure onto Bellona's swings. Harnessing the full power of the Ultima Weapon, she started to push back. If she was successful in knocking Bellona backwards, she would follow up with a Firaga spell which if connected, would deal a large amount of damage to Bellona.

The force of the strike was true and forced Bellona back, allowing Terra to fire her spell.

However,Bellona only laughed in response, batting Terra's spell away as if it were a mere toy. She leapt back to gain some distance, and shifted her sword into a skeletal, two handed, flaming warhammer.

She jumped into the air and cannonballed forwards, hammerhead first in an attempt to cave Terra's skull in.

@Raynar Saassin

Last edited:
"Ugh..." She muttered under her breath as she attempted to slide away from the incoming hammer strike. She was certainly a very strong and fast opponent to be sure, but Terra had the power of Magic on her side. Seeing an opportunity, she casted Libra on Bellona which revealed the following Information:

"Bellona.
HP Unknown
MP Unknown
Weak to Light."

"(Weak to light... Okay then. I know what to do...)" Terra then brushed a sweat mark that was brewing on her forehead and looked towards Bellona, activating Trance which transforms her into an Esper which increases her power dramatically. "Holy!" She exclaimed as she charged up a Holy magic attack and launched it towards Bellona. If this connected, it would deal it's base damage plus a large amount more due to Libra revealing her weakness to that element.

Bellona roared and rushed forwards, lashing out with her Scourge whip. The attack failed however, as Terra's magic bolt cut through her Scourge, slammed into her and sent her hurtling back to hit the walls with a pained scream.

"Argh! What sorcery is this?"

@Raynar Saassin

Last edited:
latest

"You were weak to Light based attacks. So I hit you with a Holy Spell which dealt more than it's base damage since you were weak to it. I'm sorry Bellona but the only way to remove that crown now is to defeat you. And I won't hesitate to otherwise!" Terra exclaimed with sheer confidence as she got herself ready for another attack. "Holy!" She then launched another one towards Bellona.

Meanwhile . . .

latest
latest
latest
latest
"I can't just sit here and wait while Terra could possibly be losing!" "Locke, restrain yourself." "No. Locke is right." Setzer responded, nodding towards him and dismissing Edgar's request. "Lady Fate has drawn her cards and it's time for us to intervene. Luckily they solved all the Tower's puzzles and mechanisms on their way to Kefka so we'll have less time to lose. Let's go." "Finally! I've been waiting to Blitz them, now it's time!" The party then jumped off the airship onto Kefka's tower and began making a rapid charge towards the top of the tower through all the puzzles, rooms and mechanised trap rooms. It would still take them a while before they arrived at Terra and Bellona's position.

This tume, Bellona let her shield tank the hit, showing off some of her impressive skills she once had and rushing in to stab at Terra.

"Silence, mortal! After I kill you, I will burn your country to the ground! Then I'll slaughter those friends of yours... unless they become my concubines!"

@Raynar Saassin

Terra quickly brought out the Ultima Weapon once more and slashed against Bellona's sword, creating a loud clash sound of metal bashing against each other. "You will never do that! Not while I still have life going through me! Bellona please! If you're in there, break out of his control! I know you're still in there somewhere fighting off this evil, please!"

Meanwhile . . .

latest
latest
latest
latest

"Did you hear that?!" Locke exclaimed as he heard the sound of metal clashing. Must of been pretty loud if they heard it halfway through the tower. "Indeed. That means that Terra is fighting someone up there." "It can't be Kefka though, can it? Last I remember, Kefka doesn't fight with a weapon." "Who cares?! Terra is in danger and we need to jump in there!" Sabin exclaimed, clenching his fists together. "Sabin's right. We need to make haste if we are to reach Terra in time and give her support." "Let's make haste, quickly!" And so they doubled their efforts in rushing over to the top of the tower. It's estimated that they will arrive much quicker now than they were before.

"I know you're in there, Bellona... And I'll keep fighting until you are free from his control! Holy!" She exclaimed as she charged up a Holy spell and fired it towards Bellona once more, taking full advantage of the Light Weakness to deal damage. Hopefully if she dealt enough damage through constant attacks, she'd break the control.

The enery bolt hit the Goddess dead on, making her scream in agony. Kefka's crown began to shift from the top of her head as the horns began to shrink. Bellona had dropped her weapons. She was completely open to attack.

@Raynar Saassin

"Bellona..." Terra exclaimed as she raised her Ultima Weapon but held back, standing a fair distance away from her in case this was a trick. "I know you're in there... Fight it... I know you're in there, please. Don't make me do this.."

"Well, luckily you won't have to bare it any-longer!" Came a voice out of nowhere as a man with a Bandana on his head and blue jacket leaped into the scene behind Bellona and with a bit of precision, snatched the Slave Crown off of Bellona's head clean off. "Wait... I recognise that voice.. Locke?"

latest

"That's right. And to reclarify, I'm a TREASURE HUNTER, not a thief. There's a clear difference! I never thought Kefka would be bold enough to use the Slave Crown tactic twice."

The War Goddess could only fall to her hands and knees, breathingheavily as the spell wore off. She was engulfed in a red aura, signifiying her change back into the human woman Terra and the others remembered her as.

@Raynar Saassin

Back