New User A wild Chess appears

Chess

So I'm pretty new to this roleplaying business, my other forays into the exercise being limited to Warhammer (the table-top), and Dungeons and Dragons (also the tabletop - I never liked the video games). As such, I'm pretty new to the typing aspect, and I can see how it is far more accessible and easier than Warhammer and D&D - so I figured I'd give it a shot. I play an awful lot of video games as well, and I guess this should help cut down on the ridiculous number of hours I do. If I wrote as much as I played games, I'd give Stephen King a run for his money.

Either way, I'm hoping to meet new people I guess. I'm not too into romance type stuff - I find it strange and weird - but anything else is more or less game. Apart for historically accurate stuff, because then I'm just going over something that's already happened... and where's the fun it that.

~ Chess

Aye, DnD. Anywho, welcome to STC, mate. I hope you enjoy it here and look forward to getting to know you in the future!

This thread seems rather *chess*ey!

Anyways, greetings fellow tabletop player!
I too am a practitioner of both... Though my Necrons are several editions old.

Anyways, I tend to ask new comers Ice Breaker questions... But then then *Icey* through their bravado.

1. You mentioned you were good with most genre's, but what tends to be your favourite RP Genre?
2. What is your 40k army?
3. What is so hot it's cool, yet so cool it's hot?

Apart for historically accurate stuff, because then I'm just going over something that's already happened... and where's the fun it that.

There's ways to make it work.

This thread seems rather *chess*ey!

Anyways, greetings fellow tabletop player!
I too am a practitioner of both... Though my Necrons are several editions old.

Anyways, I tend to ask new comers Ice Breaker questions... But then then *Icey* through their bravado.

1. You mentioned you were good with most genre's, but what tends to be your favourite RP Genre?
2. What is your 40k army?
3. What is so hot it's cool, yet so cool it's hot?

1. Medieval Fantasy
2. Tyranids
3. Dry Ice

Back