A Winged Girl's Nightmare: Master Chef!

Otomos the Crazy

That Which Resides in the Stars Beneath the Land
McMillan was a man who was proud of many things. Of all his successful robberies. Of all the treasures piled up in his home. Of the first knife he made and kept on his person. Above all else, though, he was proud of his gang. Yes, without them, his robberies wouldn't have been so successful. They were loyal, and they never had any intention of ever betraying him.

Unfortunately, McMillan didn't feel much pride in what his gang was going through at the moment. In fact, he didn't feel anything right now. Good thing too, because if he could, he would've been screaming in agony as his flesh melted, and his bones burned to ash.

The gang of bandits huddled around some of the burning remains of their boss, trying to cope with what had just happened. They were preparing for another day's robbery, when all of a sudden, some Vaenshu woman arrived, looking about the place as if she was inspecting some ancient ruins. McMillan went up to her, threatening her with his knife if she didn't leave. She responded by sending an extra small fireball down his gullet, roasting his heart before he had a chance of finishing his sentence.

"Lunch is ready!"

The Bandits hesitated before looking up. There, waiting at a large table was the woman who had easily offed their leader. On the table were several plates with roasted meat on them. Under normal circumstances, they'd be delighted to have such a meal, but since they knew what type of meat it was, and where she acquired it, they were not looking forward to eating it.

Still, they had to. Not one of them wanted to tick off the woman after what she did. So they touched it out, eating every single bite they were given. The look in their eyes showed that this was something they were VERY uncomfortable with, but it only managed to bring a smirk on the woman's face.

"Now...while, you guys are eating, I'm going to tell you what is going to happen after your meal. You all will proceed to rob the caravan that's supposed to pass through Barren Marx, just like you planned before! However, instead of simply robbing them, you are going to take everything. The goods, the transport, even the people themselves, and bring them back here, killing anyone who tries to stop you. After that...I'll think of something."

The bandits could do nothing else, but nod as they finished eating their former leader.

The woman only smiled at them before exiting the hideout. One of the bandits, too curious for his own good followed her and asked what they were supposed to call her.

"Hm?" she replied. "...Oh, right! I forgot to introduce myself. I am Girania Agidyne. Now go to Barren Marx, like I told you to. I'll be watching, so make it entertaining for me."

With that, Girania flew off.

Back