New User AetherDreaming Self-Introduction Thread

AetherDreaming

Deep Dream Diver
Hello Staff, Users, Storytellers and Friends (fingers crossed),

My name is AetherDreaming or AD if you prefer and I am happy to have come to ground at Storytellers Circle. As of late I've spent time wandering the web in search of a vibrant roleplaying community where I may once again dive into some collaborative creative projects and roleplay. It's been a while since I've been able to actively engage so I've got some cobwebs to shake off but that's part of the process that I'm eager to tackle.

In the past I've participated in various shared media roleplays (Harry Potter, Naruto, Mass Effect etc). While those were fun at the time, I have found that I have more fun in more original content. The flexibility of going from scratch makes the stories more engaging and the characters have more room to breathe, grow and develop. That said, I do think that original stories that borrow from existing properties can be just as amazing.

Before I get to talking for too long, let me wrap up by saying that I'm looking forward to the opportunity to create a whole bunch of new adventures with folks and that my own creative contributions prove to be worthwhile for anyone who reads, collaborates or rps with me.

Thanks for reading!

Hello and welcome! Be sure to read the rules and the Account Approval Guide so you can be approved for role plays as quickly and smoothly as possible.

What sorts of roleplays do you enjoy? Do you have a few OCs you use a lot, or do you make new ones constantly constantly?

Hello and welcome! Be sure to read the rules and the Account Approval Guide so you can be approved for role plays as quickly and smoothly as possible.

What sorts of roleplays do you enjoy? Do you have a few OCs you use a lot, or do you make new ones constantly constantly?

Thank you for the warm welcome. I've both read the rules and the Account Approval Guide.

Let's see, what sort of roleplays do I fancy? In terms of genre I'm pretty flexible but have had a lot of fun with high fantasy, mystery, action-adventure and scifi. I'm typically drawn into what the story offers in terms of an experience and creative flexibility. Gotta see the spark and then I'm ready to dive on in.

In terms of characters, I have some rough skeletons that I'll redress but usually I look to create new characters that would be the most fun to play for that particular story.

How about you?

heyy, welcome to STC! have you looked for any roleplays yet or are you going to look around other parts of this site first?

heyy, welcome to STC! have you looked for any roleplays yet or are you going to look around other parts of this site first?
Hello and thanks for the warm welcome! I haven't started looking around yet since I haven't been approved. Wouldn't wanna find something and then have to sit on my hands while at the same time being at the edge of my seat. Once I'm approved, I'll start lookin around :)

Hello and thanks for the warm welcome! I haven't started looking around yet since I haven't been approved. Wouldn't wanna find something and then have to sit on my hands while at the same time being at the edge of my seat. Once I'm approved, I'll start lookin around :)
alright! well when youre approved i can help you out finding things if you need it!

Thank you for the warm welcome. I've both read the rules and the Account Approval Guide.

Let's see, what sort of roleplays do I fancy? In terms of genre I'm pretty flexible but have had a lot of fun with high fantasy, mystery, action-adventure and scifi. I'm typically drawn into what the story offers in terms of an experience and creative flexibility. Gotta see the spark and then I'm ready to dive on in.

In terms of characters, I have some rough skeletons that I'll redress but usually I look to create new characters that would be the most fun to play for that particular story.

How about you?

I mostly do new characters, but now and then if I find a plot that suits an older character, I'll reuse that character.

For types of roleplays, I'll do about anything, really, as long as it is interesting. XD I don't often do straight romance or zombies, and if I'm going to be doing a particularly dark RP, I have to have a lighter one going to offset it. By the same route, I don't like having too much fluff at once. Beyond that... I'll consider just about anything.

I mostly do new characters, but now and then if I find a plot that suits an older character, I'll reuse that character.

For types of roleplays, I'll do about anything, really, as long as it is interesting. XD I don't often do straight romance or zombies, and if I'm going to be doing a particularly dark RP, I have to have a lighter one going to offset it. By the same route, I don't like having too much fluff at once. Beyond that... I'll consider just about anything.
Ah I see I see. Yeah, I've tried romance and zombie stories before and they haven't gone particularly far even in a group setting. Not saying that they are bad genres by any means but I've just not had much success with them myself. Zombie stories I feel like have to have a super strong human interpersonal dynamic. There's gotta be a substantial foundation in the human element to make the zombies work imo.

Back