Alice Academy - Accepting Players

Anaee

star-dust.regular.png

~ a roleplay based of the story "Alice Academy" ~
Alice Academy, a school found in Tokyo, Japan for children born with a special ability or power that we label as Alices. Alices are a unqiue ability that a child is born with, making them different than a regular person. When a child with a Alice is discovered, they are brought to this prestigious academy to learn how to control their newfound power, and protect them from outsiders who might use them for their alice. Alice Academy is intended to be a place of protection for these young Alice users and become a place where they learn how to use their Alice powers. Being a child with an Alice has set very high security precautions, due to Alice users being kidnapped for their abilities; having them regarded as "national treasures" Even with all this protection, the school holds a dark secret, and will take a special group of students to discover it.
6a52172bf0ff4b3ea387b20376c5caeb.jpg
Note from the creator :

"Hello people of storyteller's circle! So this idea that I have brought forth, is a story based on the anime/manga Gakuen Alice or Alice Academy. A school seperated from the world, those attending are special children whom have alice; special powers and abilities. Within the school we will discovering the school's ancient lore and history, and be discovering some of it's darkest secrets, one may being that the school is using some children to do special missions for the government! I do hope you enjoy this roleplay as we work to develop it into a memorable story that you can look back in future years and read once again!" -Rae

.:School Grounds:.

Alice Academy consists of six main parts: Headquarters, the Hospital, the Elementary branch, the Junior High branch, the Senior High branch, and Central Town. Also, there are a lot of forests around the buildings, with names like 'Northern Woods' etc. The Northern Woods is a place feared by many children.

The gate of Gakuen Alice.
Elementary branch

This is the part of the academy where children from 3 to 12 study. Class A (for kids from 3 to 9) and Class B are in this branch.
Junior High branch

This is the school for students whose age typically range from 13 to 15. It is the gossip nest of the academy.
Senior High branch

The school for the second oldest students with their age range being from 16 to 18. No one else except the high schoolers are permitted to go there. No one exactly knows what happens there. There's a rumor that a Warphole exists within the building. ( Warpholes are portals that can transport anyone or anything else to a different location. Warpholes are created by an unknown alice.)

Central Town

A place where Gakuen Alice students can go and spend their money. Students do not need permission to go, unless they are Not Stars or in Elementary Class A. Strange and unique items can be bought there from Alice merchants. It is stated that it was made by people with Carpenter Alices for other Alices.

Shops

.:Star Rankings & Alice Categories:.
Star Rankings
In Alice Academy, every student is ranked on a Star system that is based on the individual's Alice power, grades, and good behavior, among other things. Students can receive one of five ranks: No Star, Single, Double, Triple, and Special. Their rank is displayed by the appropriate number of stars pinned on their shirt/cuff, and may grant them extra privileges or discipline depending on the rank. A student's Star Ranking also determines the student's dorming experience and room assignments.

No Star ~

Students with No Stars are generally the youngest students in the academy (7 years or younger). They have weak Alices and poor behavior, basically being sub-average students. Since they have a No Star rank, they do not wear any pin on their shirt/cuffs.
Since No Stars are generally young, they are not treated worse because of their low rank.
No Stars receive:

• Small food portions:
    • A bowl of rice, a piece of dried seaweed, and little else for dinner
  • Many chores
    • Washing dishes
  • Monthly Allowance: 5 Rabbit/500 Yen (about 5 dollars).
  • New Red Envelope Money:<6,000 Yen (less than 60 US dollars, no Rabbit equivalent)
★ Star ~

Single Stars are usually in the Elementary Division, possessing weaker Alices, good behavior, and good grades. Basically, they are slightly below-average students. Although still a low rank, Single Stars are serious students and can possess much future potential. They are represented by one star pin on their shirt/cuff.
A Single Star ranking is needed to enter the Elementary Division.

Single Stars receive:
  • Normal sized food portions
  • Little benefits
  • Monthly Allowance: 30 Rabbit/3,000 Yen (about 30 US dollars)
  • New Red Envelope Money: 6,000 Yen (about 60 US dollars, no Rabbit equivalent)

★ Star ~

These individuals are above average, but still not particularly brilliant or special. Most students possessing a Double Star rank are in the Junior Division, but some have been seen in the Elementary Division. Double Stars have strong Alices, good or great grades, and good behavior. The are represented by two star pins on their shirt/cuff.
A Double Star ranking is needed to graduate into the Junior Division.

Double Stars receive:
  • Larger food rations
  • Some extra privileges
  • Monthly Allowance: 50 Rabbit/5,000 Yen (about 50 US dollars)
  • New Red Envelope Money: 15,000 Yen (about 150 US dollars, no Rabbit equivalent)

★ Star~

Triple Star students are above-average students that have very strong Alices and great grades. It is almost unheard of for anyone other than a Senior Division student to possess a Triple Star, and so they are well regarded around the school as powerful and studious individuals. Triple Stars are shown with three star pins on the shirt/cuff.
A Triple Star is needed to graduate into the Senior Division.

Triple Stars receive:
  • Very Large food portions
  • Multiple benefits
  • No daily chores
  • Monthly Allowance: 100 Rabbit/10,000 Yen (about 100 US dollars)
  • New Red Envelope Money: 30,000 Yen (about 300 US dollars, no Rabbit equivalent)

✪ Star ~

Also known as "Principals", Special Star students are the true geniuses of the Academy. Not many Special Star-ranked students in the Academy are known currently, posing as truly gifted individuals with formidable Alices and grades. A Special star student is represented by one pin on the shirt/cuff: a single star enclosed in a circle.
Special Stars receive:
  • Extremely large food portions
  • No chores
  • Many benefits
  • Monthly Allowance: 300 Rabbit/30,000 Yen (about 300 US dollars)
  • New Red Envelope Money: 60,000 Yen (about 600 US dollars, no Rabbit equivalent)

Alice Classes
Alices can be grouped several ways, such as in types, which describes the affect of the Alice, and form, which describes how often the power can be used. The power level is categorized via Star Ranking.

There are five main types of Alices:
Latent (aka Predisposition Ability) Type
Latent-type Alices involve traditional, or "superhero" abilities, also commonly referred to as "ESP" powers. It is the most common type of Alice in the Academy by far, and the class includes abilities such as mind reading, teleportation, divination, thunder, X-ray vision, and the ability to create illusions.

Technical Type

Technical-type Alices appear when the individual experiments or creates things, and so this class is very tech-savvy and creative. The type is relatively common, and many students enjoy selling their wares to others in Central Town and other sites or festivals on-campus. Alices such as cooking things with side effects, invention, and putting souls in stuffed toys belong in the Technical class.

Somatic (aka Active) Type

Alices in the Somatic category are linked to the physical features of living things, and appear in physical or pheromone activity. Somatic Alices are relatively common, and include powers such as voice control, changing your facial appearance as desired, animal pheromone, and feet unaffected by gravity.
Special Type

Students with Alices that do not quite fit in the above groups are put into the Special-type, and so the Alices in the class are usually rare and one of a kind in the Academy. It is the smallest class by far, and the rest of the students think low of individuals with Special Alices. Special Type Alices include Nullification, ability to live in the mirror world, Doppelganger Alice, Shadow Manipulation, Memory Manipulation, Stealing, and Insertion.
Dangerous Type

Students with a Dangerous-type Alice are classified as being potentially harmful to their peers and teachers. While their Alice fits into one of the above categories, their power may be so strong that it becomes a threat. In other cases, the Alice itself might be automatically considered dangerous regardless of the individual's power, such as the ability to steal Alices.

Restraints

If one's Alice is considered too strong and a danger to themselves or others they are usually expected to wear Alice
restraints. They come in many forms, commonly seen as accessories; earrings, necklaces, hats, bracelets, masks, etc. Wearing these items will limit the Alice power of the wearer. They can only be removed by a teacher.

Last edited:
.: Rules & Other Information :.
Here are the rules and guidelines for the roleplay. They’re pretty simple I think, but, you know the drill: We have to go over them all anyway. Just to be sure that everyone is on the same page.

1. Do not Godmode. To define it here: Godmoding is when you make a character that is so absurdly strong that they can resolve every problem in the story single handed without trouble.
  2. Do not excessively Metagame. I don’t mind if you guess certain things about other characters, but try to avoid going so far as to read their minds. If you’re in doubt, simply ask if your character would know something about someone else’s character. This prevents issues that may create plot holes and hurt feelings.
  3. I’m the GM. I’m the God above the Gods. My word is law. Please don’t argue with me all day about it. I’m more than willing to negotiate and reason with you about your character to try and find a happy medium, but at the end of the day, if I put my foot down, that’s it: Discussion’s over.
  4. I reserve the right to update these rules at any time. If I do, I’ll post in this OOC thread that I’ve updated the rules—so those subscribed to it will be alerted.
  5. The school is separated from the outside world with a tall gate that surrounds the whole area. The gate is dangerous to cross over, because those who do are electrocuted. Once someone passes the gate, the teachers are notified and take action to return the student to the school. Other than the gate, the school is protected by the Middle School Principal, Hii-sama's powerful Barrier Alice.

The school's specially-designed I.D. Medal.
    Also, the students carry I.D. medals that fit in a wallet along with their respective I.D. cards. The I.D. medal has the student's I.D number and a transmitting device in it that was created by someone with an Alchemy Alice.
  6. Be creative with your characters! Have fun and make an interesting character!
  7. Enjoy your stay at Alice Academy!

I have a question regarding the barrier around the school in regards to the ESP type students. Would a child capable of teleportation not be able to simply teleport through the barrier and since they didn't physically cross over the teachers would not be notified?

I have a question regarding the barrier around the school in regards to the ESP type students. Would a child capable of teleportation not be able to simply teleport through the barrier and since they didn't physically cross over the teachers would not be notified?
Glad I found someone of interest! ^^ They could, but due to tracking devices, placed on the student, such as the I.D. The school's headmasters would would be notified either way, due to them going to far from the academy. Good question though! I hope I answered it correctly. ^^

That answers it well. How would the teachers even catch students who can teleport though, they'd need a limiter on them right?

Another question I have is would there be students with more than one kind of Alice, for example one who is telepathic and can also, shapeshift? Just asking for an example not planning on that specifically. Also are pocket dimensions something an ESP type would be able to create?

That answers it well. How would the teachers even catch students who can teleport though, they'd need a limiter on them right?

Another question I have is would there be students with more than one kind of Alice, for example one who is telepathic and can also, shapeshift? Just asking for an example not planning on that specifically. Also are pocket dimensions something an ESP type would be able to create?

I really enjoy your questions, For "How" The teachers would catch a student, is a little more up to the writer if they were to have a character with an teleportation alice. For I have not thought that far ahead on dealing with students who managed to cross the barrier.
For the second question, There would be not. A child with an alice would only have one ability that differs them from everyone else. For example, if you had a character who had two alices such as those, And I made a character with only one of those Alice, would it not beat the concept of having your alice unique to your character? As for the ESP type, I would think that would be more leaning into the "Special Type"

That's good, putting stuff up to the creativity of the writers.

So each child has a unique power? As in there's no two of a kind, but there would be more than one that are very similar.

Another question is are pretty much any superpowers considered fair game here as long as they're not super op, like kids with super strength, super speed, improved intellect, shapeshifting, etc?

That's good, putting stuff up to the creativity of the writers.

So each child has a unique power? As in there's no two of a kind, but there would be more than one that are very similar.

Another question is are pretty much any superpowers considered fair game here as long as they're not super op, like kids with super strength, super speed, improved intellect, shapeshifting, etc?
Haha, yeah. And Yes, everything is fair game unless it can be overpowering. Feel free to be as creative as you like! ^^

Character Application
“ A Quote Either About or ‘from’ the character “

[ Image of character here if applicable ]

Full Name:
Nickname/Alias:
Birthdate:
Orientation:
Which Branch?:
Star Ranking:
Alice:
Alice Type:
Alice Shape:
Restraint(s)?: [ Optional ]

Voice: (Optional)
Appearance Description: (Looks, Height, Weight, Scars ect. )
Habits:
Strength(s):
Weakness(es):
Talent(s):

Relationships: (Family/Friendships)
Brief History:

Last edited:
I can imagine though, two people having similar but different powers. Like one teleporting through means of portals and another through means of bending space.

Does that mean though that only one person could be telekinetic?

I can imagine though, two people having similar but different powers. Like one teleporting through means of portals and another through means of bending space.

Does that mean though that only one person could be telekinetic?
That would be up to the two writers to discuss. And if all else, if you feel as if someone has a similar ability as your character, let me know, and we can try and work something out.

This would be an interest check so if enough people show interest then the following action would be to create an actual thread for this RP.

What Seb said. I am looking for one more person to even things out, and then I will make a actual thread. However, if you want to already create your character you may, and just move it over too the actual thread once it's been made if that makes things easier. ^^

Back