BrookeDi

Benefactor
Questions, comments, concerns, etc. Please post here.

Any updates will likely be posted here. To keep things moving and to avoid dying out because we're waiting on one person to post, we've implemented a 10 Day rule.

We understand that things happen and that life gets in the way and that RP is not necessarily your number one priority. However, if you expect you're going to be away or if you have been away, a simple line to myself and/or @Ailis to say so would be much appreciated.

That said, if two weeks have gone by without a post or an explanation your character will die or be expelled. You will be privately messaged with notice of the status of your character, the reason behind it, the manor of death or expulsion, and potentially the post that included your character's death/expulsion (also available upon request!

If something happened to the point that you were unable to communicate even a simple "Hey, I won't be around for a bit" message, then we can maaaybe discuss your character returning. If you return and want to rejoin, we can discuss the creation of a new character as well.

At this point we have not decided about having a posting order or not. However, if we do, we will be implementing a 2 day rule wherein, if you do not post within two days, your turn will be skipped until your next post.

There are a lot of members, currently, and in order to keep things moving with active members, we felt this was a fair rule. If you disagree with any of the above, you may contact myself and @Ailis privately to discuss.

Thanks!

-Brooke

P.S. If you're no longer interested in playing, that is also understandable. Rather than simply disappearing, please have your character exit in some reasonable way or let us know and we can do so for you.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Although we have not established a posting order, for the first round of posts please wait until everyone has posted their character before posting a second time. The first posts are going to be very important because there are, apparently, a lot of players with characters declaring their gift and that will be the opening scene.

Thank you in advance!

In the IC thread there will be a tab labeled "news", please check it occasionally for relevant news articles that at times may be referenced by students or NPCs.

http://www.storytellerscircle.com/threads/altsoba-school-of-sorcery.4262/ please familiarize yourselves with the information provided.

First post will be up... soonish. Either later tonight or early tomorrow, but this way you can get to know some of the information.

Side note: anyone with a character in Grade 11 (16-17, generally) will be declaring their gift at the beginning of the school year, which will be the first round of posts. So, just be prepared for that. Right now I have 5 Grade 11 OCs.

for declaration the have to do a performance or something to show their affinity?

Probably something minor... still working on the details of the ceremony, but it's mostly just.. that: Ceremonial. Students (and their friends, family, etc.) typically already know what their gift is at that age, so it is more of a formality. I'll be sure to include what is expected from the characters. :>

A few electives were added to the Class Schedule tab and additional information was added in the misc tab. Please let us know if you have any questions/suggestions.

Is there any chance I could join?

If you check in the bulletin board and find the interest check thread with Altsoba, you may submit a character sheet there. Please make sure you read all the info provided in the IC thread (see the tabs) as well as the info provided in the interest check before doing so.

Thank you for your interest!

This link has been added to the misc tab. It has hunter specific Q&A, please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

OK, so I was thinking, (yes I know that it's dangerous to do so)

but fauna mages should be able to detect life with their magic, correct?

If so, with hunters being immune to magic, would a fauna mage be able to "see" the lifeforce of a hunter?

OK, so I was thinking, (yes I know that it's dangerous to do so)

but fauna mages should be able to detect life with their magic, correct?

If so, with hunters being immune to magic, would a fauna mage be able to "see" the lifeforce of a hunter?

Fauna can't detect life, their ability has to do with animal life and communication with them. They can't "see" the life force of anyone/anything.

Hunters are not immune to magic. They have some resistance to magic; the belief among sorcerers is that they are magical themselves, it's just a different kind of magic.

Class schedule tab has been updated to post a more accurate schedule with times and to include lunch. Please let me know if you have any questions.

If anyone has a character who is taking, or has taken, History of Hunters as an elective please let me know (only if you haven't already done so). Thanks.

Just letting everyone know that I've updated the potions tab. We will be adding more as we go, so this is not an exhaustive list of existing potions. If you have an idea for a potion or if there is one you would like to make an appearance IC feel free to shoot me and @Ailis a PM and we will get it added as soon as possible, or possibly explain why that may not be a potion.

For any characters taking History of Hunters and Ancient Runes as electives, there is currently a private conversation for information regarding what is taught in that class. If you are not currently a part of either of those conversations, please let me know and I will get you added.

Going forward we may try to have a couple more classes added regarding magic for additional role play as well as distributing certain information. Even if you are a part of these "classes" you are not required to respond if you don't want to and there's no particular order as it mostly a means of getting specific information to the students who would have access to it in a more interesting way.

If you have any questions please privately message myself and @Ailis (together, in one message) so that we may discuss. Same for if there is a particular class would like more information about (cloaking has been a popular request).

We're so excited with all the posts and how much everyone seems to be enjoying themselves with this role play!

One final note, I have been updating the IC tabs periodically with information as I've noticed inconsistencies or as things come up (such as professor's names and what they teach). I will try to update you when I update any information but please periodically check the tabs to see if anything has changed.

Thanks!

- Altsoba Staff

Shout out for @romamaro for helping make some of our new potions!

I've had a request for a rumors tab or thread. Any preference? The only real difference would be if it were a tab, you'd have to send me the rumors and I'd have to update them. If it were a thread you'd get the notification and could add whatever you wanted.

Back