Beacon Prequels. (RWBY RP) [7/7]

TheGreenerGrey

Self-proclaimed everything expert.
God have mercy on my soul for creating this.
Backstory:
You are a student of the recently established Beacon Academy of Vale. You and your fellow first year students are onboard one of Vale's new 'Airships' as you head towards the place you will be spending the next four years of your life, learning the ins and outs of being a hunter. Lead by the newly appointed Professor Fen Límíng, a young woman already quite accomplished in her life, Beacon is one of a few academy's around the world of Remnant dedicated towards hunting down and destroying the Grimm through the means of fantastical technology and natural ability. But the Grimm are not the only problem in the world at the moment, as old grudges and hatred simmer beneath the surface of Vale. The country is set to erupt, and it may just come down to you to prevent it.

Setting: This RP is, as you could probably tell, an RP centred around the world of RWBY. The setting is ten years after the end of the Great War and five after Faunus Rebellion, so tensions are high between neighbouring countries and between the local human and Faunus residents. You are a first year student sent to the newly established Beacon Academy of the city of Vale to become a Hunter, a person who hunts and slays mysterious beings of darkness known as the Grimm using a combination of technology and innate ability, as well as acting as the peacekeepers of the country.

Character sheet
Name: (Try and link it to a colour in some way.)
Race: (Between Human or Faunus. Faunus are humans with animal features such as bunny ears)
Physical Appearance:
Personality:
Semblance: (An innate ability that only you can use, much like magic)
Weapon: (What is it? What can it do? Can it shift? Does it use dust? How many do you have?)
Backstory: (Including how you managed to get into Beacon Academy. Did you go through Signal, their younger counterpart? Were you invited?)

Mind if i join?
Yes but there are rules.

I want at least a paragraph and a half, with a paragraph being four lines, for you to check your grammar and spelling and to put more thought into what you are writing. As in 'What would they do?', 'what fits with the scene?', 'is it actually possible to do this?'

This applies to everyone.

Last edited:
Yes but there are rules.

I want at least a paragraph and a half, with a paragraph being four lines, for you to check your grammar and spelling and to put more thought into what you are writing. As in 'What would they do?', 'what fits with the scene?', 'is it actually possible to do this?'

This applies to everyone.

How mean! Meanie!
In other news, why the hell were you awake..?

Last edited:
I am quite interested except I haven't seen anything past the first season but I've been very interested to watch the rest and I guess this can give me an excuse to binge watch the rest of the show as it stands so gimme a sec as I quickly watch as much as the show as possible even though im still in a post-series low thanks to ABS Ars Nova and currently also binging on a anime game series that I'm currently really into and AAAAAA these past few days have been super hectic anime wise >.<

I am quite interested except I haven't seen anything past the first season but I've been very interested to watch the rest and I guess this can give me an excuse to binge watch the rest of the show as it stands so gimme a sec as I quickly watch as much as the show as possible even though im still in a post-series low thanks to ABS Ars Nova and currently also binging on a anime game series that I'm currently really into and AAAAAA these past few days have been super hectic anime wise >.<
Trust me mate, ya don't have to. All ya gotta do is be familiar with the setting, which you can learn from the wiki without having to torture yourself.

Name: Sapphire
Race: Faunus
Physical Appearance: Sapphire would probably be considered pretty by most people. She is Caucasian She has dark, sapphire like eyes. Her hair is styled into two black, lower back length ponytails. She has two cat-like ears that protrude out as well. She is a little above average in height at 5'11", but otherwise has a very lithe figure, with very little in the way of muscle and fat. She also has a small, black tail. In terms of clothing she prefers to have a large black overcoat with dark blue highlights that is way to many sizes large for her, with her hands reaching down halfway down the sleeves. Below the overcoat is a navy blue dress. (The best visual example would be Haruna from Arpeggio of Blue Steel Ars Nova)
Personality: Sapphire is for the most part a very shy, innocent girl. She tends to be reserved and keeps to herself, when she does speak its in a very soft, quiet tone. Sapphire can seem a little spaced out at times to, she loses her train of thought often. She tends to prefer to avoid violence against things that aren't Grimm, though is quick to act defensively. However, when it is time to fight, she reveals a much more sinister persona. In fights she becomes a extreme example of sado-masochism, gaining enjoyment and pleasure from both her own pain and the enemies, this persona amplifies the longer the fight lasts. Despite this, she refuses to purposely hurt allies or friends. She prefers to keep this tendency hidden away and can usually manage to pass herself off as a cute, ditsy yet somehow dangerous student at Beacon.
Semblance: The more pain there is, the more powerful she gets. This applies to both her own, allies, and enemies. How much power she gains is based on the amount of pain going around, and how much of it she acknowledges. It is a small, cumulative increase in power, though a large enough hit could create a visible increase in fighting capability right of the bat. (Much like Yang's increase in power the more hits she takes.)
Weapon: A double melee weapon. In its basic form it is a fairly large flail, at 2 feet in diameter, with both the chain and ball covered in spikes. In its second form the ball unravels and becomes a 15 foot long chain whip which is still covered in spikes, which are meant to cause as much pain as possible.
Backstory: Very little is known about Sapphire before her introduction into Signal at the age of 14. She was a confirmed orphan and had decided to join Signal in a effort to find meaning in life. That is the most known about her past before hand. (at least the extant of what she tells) Her combat prowess was quite extraordinary for her age, though probably average for those at that age who get accepted into Beacon. And she managed to best her classmates and other challengers fairly reliably. Most fights were to short and/or small for her sado-masochistic tendencies to come into play at Signal, the larger scale fights that had triggered it however had earned her a very interesting reputation among the staff of Signal. Most students were unaware of her quirk and those who did know where afraid to find out what would happen if they told and Sapphire found out. Despite her reputation she was eventually accepted into Beacon as she passed all but a few tests with flying colors, though her quirk would be well known amongst the staff of Beacon.

Huh, despite the amount of time and effort I put into making this character there isn't as much writing as I expected. Hope its enough. (I'll try and solidify her personality in RP either way)

Last edited:
Back