Beacon Prequels. (RWBY RP) [7/7]

Name: Sapphire
Race: Faunus
Physical Appearance: Sapphire would probably be considered pretty by most people. She is Caucasian She has dark, sapphire like eyes. Her hair is styled into two black, lower back length ponytails. She is a little above average in height at 5'11", but otherwise has a very lithe figure, with very little in the way of muscle and fat. In terms of clothing she prefers to have a large black overcoat with dark blue highlights that is way to many sizes large for her, with her hands reaching down halfway down the sleeves. Below the overcoat is a navy blue dress. (The best visual example would be Haruna from Arpeggio of Blue Steel Ars Nova)
Personality: Sapphire is for the most part a very shy, innocent girl. She tends to be reserved and keeps to herself, when she does speak its in a very soft, quiet tone. Sapphire can seem a little spaced out at times to, she loses her train of thought often. She tends to prefer to avoid violence against things that aren't Grimm, though is quick to act defensively. However, when it is time to fight, she reveals a much more sinister persona. In fights she becomes a extreme example of sado-masochism, gaining enjoyment and pleasure from both her own pain and the enemies, this persona amplifies the longer the fight lasts. Despite this, she refuses to purposely hurt allies or friends. She prefers to keep this tendency hidden away and can usually manage to pass herself off as a cute, ditsy yet somehow dangerous student at Beacon.
Semblance: The more pain there is, the stronger she gets. This applies to both her own, allies, and enemies. (Much like Yang's increase in power the more hits she takes.)
Weapon: A double melee weapon. In its basic form it is a fairly large flail, with both the chain and ball covered in spikes. In its second form the ball unravels and becomes a well over 30 foot long chain whip which is still covered in spikes, which are meant to cause as much pain as possible.
Backstory: Very little is known about Sapphire before her introduction into Signal at the age of 14. She was a confirmed orphan and had decided to join Signal in a effort to find meaning in life. That is the most known about her past before hand. (at least the extant of what she tells) Her combat prowess was quite extraordinary for her age, though probably average for those at that age who get accepted into Beacon. And she managed to best her classmates and other challengers fairly reliably. Most fights were to short and/or small for her sado-masochistic tendencies to come into play at Signal, the larger scale fights that had triggered it however had earned her a very interesting reputation among the staff of Signal. Most students were unaware of her quirk and those who did know where afraid to find out what would happen if they told and Sapphire found out. Despite her reputation she was eventually accepted into Beacon as she passed all but a few tests with flying colors, though her quirk would be well known amongst the staff of Beacon.

Huh, despite the amount of time and effort I put into making this character there isn't as much writing as I expected. Hope its enough. (I'll try and solidify her personality in RP either way)

Seems good. I do have some questions though.

How large is this flail? 30 feet long is a pretty large area.

Does her semblance increase her strength based on the pain of others as well? If so, by how much per person? How large is the radius?

Actually, and this is an edit, I have found a problem. You've called her a Faunus but haven't mentioned any animal traits or what kind.

Last edited:
Seems good. I do have some questions though.

How large is this flail? 30 feet long is a pretty large area.

Does her semblance increase her strength based on the pain of others as well? If so, by how much per person? How large is the radius?

The flail is fairly big, though perhaps 30 is an exaggeration. I was thinking maybe one with a 2 foot diameter ball. (big, but thanks to her massive overcoat small enough to hide)

As I said, the affect applies to everyone, allies, enemies, and herself. Its not based on per person its more about just how much pain. If someone where to break their femur and have a massive slash across their chest, it would increase her strength more than if 10 people got papercuts. However it mostly applies to herself and the enemy she is currently focusing on. Its not so much a radius its more of who it is as well. She can get power from anyone in the fight no matter how far they currently are but it only registers if she realizes how much pain they would be in. If she sees someone far away but clearly getting pummeled, it would have a greater effect then if someone next to her got punched but seemed to not be fazed by it. If that all makes sense?

The flail is fairly big, though perhaps 30 is an exaggeration. I was thinking maybe one with a 2 foot diameter ball. (big, but thanks to her massive overcoat small enough to hide)

As I said, the affect applies to everyone, allies, enemies, and herself. Its not based on per person its more about just how much pain. If someone where to break their femur and have a massive slash across their chest, it would increase her strength more than if 10 people got papercuts. However it mostly applies to herself and the enemy she is currently focusing on. Its not so much a radius its more of who it is as well. She can get power from anyone in the fight no matter how far they currently are but it only registers if she realizes how much pain they would be in. If she sees someone far away but clearly getting pummeled, it would have a greater effect then if someone next to her got punched but seemed to not be fazed by it. If that all makes sense?
I'd give it a max of about 15-16 feet for the chain. Although how you hide it in a trench coat is beyond me. Don't bother telling me, I'll leave it to imagination.

Right, I get it. Just one more question on the semblance. What increases and by how much? Is it her physical strength or a more general boost? How much is it boosted by? I would imagine a far smaller increase per person/pain level than Yang's, considering the broader nature.

Oh and mention what type of Faunus she is.

I'd give it a max of about 15-16 feet for the chain. Although how you hide it in a trench coat is beyond me. Don't bother telling me, I'll leave it to imagination.

Right, I get it. Just one more question on the semblance. What increases and by how much? Is it her physical strength or a more general boost? How much is it boosted by? I would imagine a far smaller increase per person/pain level than Yang's, considering the broader nature.

Oh and mention what type of Faunus she is.
The coat extends out almost 3 times her waist size, its way to big for her. some of it tends to drag on the floor and some of it goes all the way up to her mouth.

Its more of a general boost, after all she doesn't solely rely on strength. As I keep saying its increase really depends on how much pain is going around but I guess the best way to describe it is it works more of a cumulative effect that a instant boost. A large hit to herself might be enough to see a visible boost right after but for the most part its a slow, cumulative growth.

The coat extends out almost 3 times her waist size, its way to big for her. some of it tends to drag on the floor and some of it goes all the way up to her mouth.

Its more of a general boost, after all she doesn't solely rely on strength. As I keep saying its increase really depends on how much pain is going around but I guess the best way to describe it is it works more of a cumulative effect that a instant boost. A large hit to herself might be enough to see a visible boost right after but for the most part its a slow, cumulative growth.
I am aware you have said that before, but it isn't what I'm asking. I'm pretty sure that's my fault for not being able to phrase the question properly. However I'll just leave it and only pick it up later if something bs happens with it.

Right, seems good! Once you edit it a bit I'll chuck it into this char sheet tab that has been here the entire time I swear.

Here are my two characters. I wish to play them both, but if we fill up I'll use just one.

Name: Lorne Artherson
Race: Human
Physical Appearance: Lorne has short brown hair and black eyes. His hands are covered in burn scars, as a result of dangerous chemicals spilling onto them. He wears a set of half-plate armor, covering his torso, upper arms and lower legs. In the field or arena he wears a sallet which he takes off when not fighting or expecting to fight. At his waist is a pistol in a holster which he uses in emergencies or when he is disarmed. Underneath that armor is a layer of padded cloth, colored in grey, gold and blue. Lorne also wears a pack at his waist that carries 3 Fire Canisters, 3 Acid Canisters, 3 Frost Canisters, 3 Poison Canisters and 3 Lightning Canisters.
Personality: Lorne is an optimist. He likes to look on the bright side of things and always tries to think the best of people, due to a sort of naivety. He likes to tinker and create toys and trinkets in his spare time and enjoys being with others in social affairs, often times content and prefers standing aside, listening rather then talking.
Semblance: Blueprint - After disassembling and/or examining a weapon, object person, thing or location, Lorne can create a 3d blueprint of the item or location for later reference. How accurate that blueprint is determined by his own memory.
Weapon:
-Demi-Lance: A mechanized halberd designed specifically for anti-personnel and versatility. The weapon is wielded with two hands and provide both melee and partial ranged capability. The spear tip is capable of opening up to reveal various tricks and attacks. The most basic is for the tip to open up into halves to reveal a barrel used for ranged attacks, fueled by loaded chemical and dust filled capsules, called ChemDust, into the weapon's shaft. The capsules are drained then fired out from the spear barrel as either a short ranged flamethrower, a mid ranged acidic spray, a short ranged poison cloud, a min ranged ice blast, and a long ranged lightning bolt.
-Lancer's Sidearmm: A mechanized single shot pistolthat loads up a single canister through of ChemDust to fire out a powerful elemental shot. Depending on the ChemDust used will determine the shot's effect, either an Explosion, an Acidic Gel, a Poisonous Gas Cloud, a Freezing Shot, or a Shocking Shot. The weapon is used only when he has been has been disarmed. It's useful in short to mid ranged combat.
Backstory: While Lorne was a baby, he was born to a troupe of travelling actors. The troupe traveled throughout the world performing many different acts for cities and towns alike, with their most popular act being the Four Maidens. While leaving their latest town, the town of Nrax, the troupe was ambushed and attacked by bandits during the night, killing the untrained actors and the inexperienced bodyguards. They were driven of by Nrax's town guard but by that time the Bandits had already killed most of the troupe, leaving a baby Lorne as the sole survivor. His mother had hidden him inside a costume chest while the bandit attack was underway. He was found by a member of the town guard who adopted him as his and his wife's own. As he grew, Lorne gained an interest in the machinery and tinkering, specifically the weapons and equipment used by his Nrax's town guard, the Demi-Lancers. This interest has led Lorne to set his goal to become a captain of the Demi-Lancers, a task that requires one to be a Huntsman. His father trained in him in the Demi-Lance, the weapon of the Demi-Lancer and his mother taught him about engineering, in order to maintain his weapon before sending their son to Signal Academy, and when he graduated, went immediately to Beacon academy to continue his training.

Name: Rozenn Gold
Race: Fox Faunous
Physical Appearance: Rozenn has medium curly red brown hair and yellow eyes. She has fox like ears on the top of her head, which is coated in fur the same color as her hair. Her back has a single slash scar she got when she was a child. She wears a set of studded leather armor, dark colored pants and a bandoleer where she keeps magazines both standard and special.
Personality: Rozenn is sort of a control freak. She likes to take charge of situations and doesn't work well with others. Even when she works on a team, she will sometimes does her own thing if she thinks it'll be better. Due to a tramatic experience in her past, she's a bit paranoid around humans, thinking they are planning to do her harm. This causes her to be rather anti-social, even with other Faunus, but if approached attempt to play it cool and attempt to talk her way out of the unwanted attention.
Semblance: Incorporeal - Rozenn can turn into an incorporeal form, allowing her to move through solid objects and people. She is unable to interact with any physical objects in this form.
Weapon:
-Footman's Rifle:A semi-action rifle that was once owned by her mother. The weapon can use dust tipped bullets which includes, Standard, Explosive, Armor Piercing, Stun, and Tear Gas.
-Footman's Sword: A short sword that she wears on her back. The weapon is a dust treated blade, making it near unbreakable and capable of piercing the thickest hide.
-Footman's Buckler: A small shield Rozenn carries at her waist. A dust treated Buckler, Rozenn uses the weapon to redirect attacks against her and to punch enemies in melee range.
Backstory: Rozenn Gold used to live Vale with her mother and father running a small bakery. However they were often treated poorly and business was very slow, as they primarily had Faunus customers. Her family were rather disfuctional during her early years as her mother vehemently protested for Faunus rights while her father was rather content, as he believed that agressive actions would lead to more trouble. The problems came to a tipping point when the Faunus rebellion happened. Her mother immediately wished to join while her father aggressively argued against the idea which led to their divorce, her mother leaving to join the Faunus army and her father staying with Rozenn in their bakery. During that time the Rozenn wondered where her mother was, and her father fell into a depression. Her worries were replaced by distraught and sadness when a man came to the bakery and told Rozenn the horrible truth of her mother's death. Her father was never the same, and neither was she. A year later things came from bad to worst when some anti-faunus thieves decided to raid the bakery, stealing whatever valuables and setting fire to the bakery. Her father was badly injured trying to get the girl out of the flaming wreck and Rozenn had to watch as her home burned to ash. This instilled within her a paranoia against humans. The even however also instilled the will to make both her parent's sacrifice will not be in vain as she used her mother's connections to train with her mother's own weapons and get herself into Beacon Academy to one day graduate and hopefully join the White Fang.

Last edited:
Here are my two characters. I wish to play them both, but if we fill up I'll use just one.

Name: Lorne Artherson
Physical Appearance: Lorne has short brown hair and black eyes. His hands are covered in burn scars, as a result of dangerous chemicals spilling onto them. He wears a set of half-plate armor, covering his torso, upper arms and lower legs. In the field or arena he wears a sallet which he takes off when not fighting or expecting to fight. Underneath that armor is a layer of padded cloth, colored in grey, gold and blue. Lorne also wears a pack at his waist that carries 3 Fire Canisters, 3 Acid Canisters, 3 Frost Canisters, 3 Poison Canisters and 3 Lightning Canisters.
Personality: Lorne is an optimist. He likes to look on the bright side of things and always tries to think the best of people, due to a sort of naivety. He likes to tinker and create toys and trinkets in his spare time and enjoys being with others in social affairs, often times content and prefers standing aside, listening rather then talking.
Semblance: Blueprint - After disassembling and/or examining a weapon, object person, thing or location, Lorne can create a 3d blueprint of the item or location for later reference. How accurate that blueprint is determined by his own memory.
Weapon:
-Demi-Lance: A mechanized halberd designed specifically for anti-personnel and versatility. The weapon is wielded with two hands and provide both melee and partial ranged capability. The spear tip is capable of opening up to reveal various tricks and attacks. The most basic is for the tip to open up into halves to reveal a barrel used for ranged attacks, fueled by loaded chemical and dust filled capsules into the weapon's shaft. The capsules are drained then fired out from the spear barrel as either a short ranged flamethrower, a mid ranged acidic spray, a short ranged poison cloud, a min ranged ice blast, and a long ranged lightning bolt.
Backstory: While Lorne was a baby, he was born to a troupe of travelling actors. The troupe traveled throughout the world performing many different acts for cities and towns alike, with their most popular act being the Four Maidens. While leaving their latest town, the town of Nrax, the troupe was ambushed and attacked by bandits during the night, killing the untrained actors and the inexperienced bodyguards. They were driven of by Nrax's town guard but by that time the Bandits had already killed most of the troupe, leaving a baby Lorne as the sole survivor. His mother had hidden him inside a costume chest while the bandit attack was underway. He was found by a member of the town guard who adopted him as his and his wife's own. As he grew, Lorne gained an interest in the machinery and tinkering, specifically the weapons and equipment used by his Nrax's town guard, the Demi-Lancers. This interest has led Lorne to set his goal to become a captain of the Demi-Lancers, a task that requires one to be a Huntsman. His father trained in him in the Demi-Lance, the weapon of the Demi-Lancer and his mother taught him about engineering, in order to maintain his weapon before sending their son to Signal Academy, and when he graduated, went immediately to Beacon academy to continue his training.

Name: Rozenn Gold
Race: Fox Faunous
Physical Appearance: Rozenn has medium curly red brown hair and yellow eyes. She has fox like ears on the top of her head, which is coated in fur the same color as her hair. Her back has a single slash scar she got when she was a child. She wears a set of studded leather armor, dark colored pants and a bandoleer where she keeps magazines both standard and special.
Personality: Rozenn is sort of a control freak. She likes to take charge of situations and doesn't work well with others. Even when she works on a team, she will sometimes does her own thing if she thinks it'll be better. Due to a tramatic experience in her past, she's a bit paranoid around humans, thinking they are planning to do her harm. This causes her to be rather anti-social, even with other Faunus, but if approached attempt to play it cool and attempt to talk her way out of the unwanted attention.
Semblance: Incorporeal - Rozenn can turn into an incorporeal form, allowing her to move through solid objects and people. She is unable to interact with any physical objects in this form.
Weapon:
-Footman's Rifle:A semi-action rifle that was once owned by her mother. The weapon can use dust tipped bullets which includes, Standard, Explosive, Armor Piercing, Stun, and Tear Gas.
-Footman's Sword: A short sword that she wears on her back. The weapon is a dust treated blade, making it near unbreakable and capable of piercing the thickest hide.
-Footman's Buckler: A small shield Rozenn carries at her waist. A dust treated Buckler, Rozenn uses the weapon to redirect attacks against her and to punch enemies in melee range.
Backstory: Rozenn Gold used to live Vale with her mother and father running a small bakery. However they were often treated poorly and business was very slow, as they primarily had Faunus customers. Her family were rather disfuctional during her early years as her mother vehemently protested for Faunus rights while her father was rather content, as he believed that agressive actions would lead to more trouble. The problems came to a tipping point when the Faunus rebellion happened. Her mother immediately wished to join while her father aggressively argued against the idea which led to their divorce, her mother leaving to join the Faunus army and her father staying with Rozenn in their bakery. During that time the Rozenn wondered where her mother was, and her father fell into a depression. Her worries were replaced by distraught and sadness when a man came to the bakery and told Rozenn the horrible truth of her mother's death. Her father was never the same, and neither was she. A year later things came from bad to worst when some anti-faunus thieves decided to raid the bakery, stealing whatever valuables and setting fire to the bakery. Her father was badly injured trying to get the girl out of the flaming wreck and Rozenn had to watch as her home burned to ash. This instilled within her a paranoia against humans. The even however also instilled the will to make both her parent's sacrifice will not be in vain as she used her mother's connections to train with her mother's own weapons and get herself into Beacon Academy to one day graduate and hopefully join the White Fang.
Sounds good! We'll see if anyone else wants to join.

Name: Lacey salma
Race:Human
Physical Appearance:Lacey has grey messy hair that sticks up all over the place. Lacey stands around 5'4 she has grey eyes that always have that crazy look in them. Lacey often wears normal clothing such as jeans and tshirts but no one really ever sees those as she is always wearing a overly large black jacket with white stripes down the sleeves. The jacket gos all the way down to her knees and the sleeves are always rolled up as they are way to long for her. To most people the jacket looks somewhat like a restraining jacket used on people in mental hospitals and chances are it was.
Personality:Lacey is kind of crazy she often talks to herself and is quite random but that was probably due to her skizafrinia. Other wise she is quite often keeping to herself and playing with her small puppets. If you can get past the crazy weirdness Lacey is actually quite sweet to those few people she can call friends.
Semblance: Puppet master is a very disturbing Semblance it allows Lacey to force people that have been caught in her wire to obey her like they were puppets on strings. they can try all they want to resist but Lacey will always have control. (The limits to such a ability are as follows. She can only control a single person. It is easier for her to control the person if she can get multiple wires on the persons limbs but say it was their chest they could resist more and have more control over their own actions however it is usually already to late by that point as she would already be working on getting her wires around said persons limbs for total control.
Weapon:Her weapon is her puppet strings as she likes to call them. It is a strange rig that has the wires shoot out of their holsters at her fingertips each hand has such a devise and has a large amount of wire at her hips allowing her to control people from a good distance. It has small dust canisters at her side such as lightning ice and fire dust.
Backstory: Lacey grew up in a mental ward her father had worked at so she would follow him around often. Lacey has always had a strange fascination with puppets and one day during one of the puppet shows she would do for her father and the others at the ward is when her semblance first showed itself as she was Abel to make the puppet move without even the need to move her hands all she had to do was think and the puppet would obey. Lacey was deemed safe to be able to attend beacon academy to help her lean how to control her semblance and also for a hope that by being around somewhat normal people it would be a good thing for the girl.

(Hi what do ya think? Also I did this on my phone so please excuse any mistakes XD oh and imagine some creepy music whenever she would be in the room.. C; )

Name: Lacey Salma

Physical Appearance: Lacey has messy grey hair that sticks up all over the place. Standing around 5'4 she has grey eyes that always seem to have a crazy look in them, like if someone has simply just snapped. Lacey often wears normal clothing such as jeans and a T-shirt, but these are rarely seen on her as she is almost always wearing a overly large black jacket with white stripes down the sleeves. The jacket extends all the way down to her knees and the sleeves are always rolled up as they are way to long for her. When people view the jacket they are often reminded of the straight jackets you see for the mentally insane, save for the colour scheme.

Personality: Lacey is crazy. Suffering from Schizophrenia, she often needs to take pills in order to keep it controlled. Even then, she can often be found talking to herself. She normally keeps to herself her only real friends seem to be some puppets that she seemingly carries with her everywhere. A sweet girl, the only reason she doesn't have many (or any really) friends is due to her particular instability. Should one be able to look past that they're would earn a friend for life.

Semblance: Puppet master: A very disturbing Semblance it gives Lacey control over anyone that has been caught in her wires to obey her like they were puppets on strings. This ability can be resisted up to a point. The more wires on a person however, the more control she has over them. Lacey can only control a single person at a time. A a large amount of wires is needed to be on the target before she can assert control (E.G, they need to have at least one on every limb. This is still resistable at this point.) The wires can be cut, breaking the person out of her control. The larger the target, the more wires that are required. Some targets of such size and strength that they can topple buildings, such as a grown Nevermore, cannot be controlled. While under the use of her semblance, the wires are notably more fragile than normal wires and can break at enough force or conditions that would break string.

Weapon: Strings of the puppeteer: Lacey is equipped with a pair of gloves that are connected to a harness that runs underneath her jacket, containing the wires that she uses to battle. The wires are ejected out of the index and middle fingers of either hand. She carries three small dust containers on her belt containing lighting, fire and ice elements. She can coat the wires with the dust by emptying the contents of the containers into the container the wires are held in (Note: Do not mix the dust. She will die/be crippled in a horrific explosion.).

Backstory: Lacey grew up in a small home in the city of Vale. Her father worked at a mental ward and thus, when her 'special tendencies' began to show quickly hid her from the public view and acquired her the pills that would help keep her schizophrenia under some control. Lacey has always had a strange fascination with puppets and one day, during one of the puppet shows she would do for her father and her family, her semblance activated. Just by touching the strings she was able to make the puppet dance. Lacey quickly latched onto the idea of becoming a hunter and, after wheedling her father (who was understandably hesitant), was eventually sent to signal. From there she would graduate, friendless but not in a mental hospital at least (Because mental hospitals DO NOT let their patients go, especially into a violent job like being a hunter).

I've edited and balanced it a bit. Everything is essentially the same, except for the backstory, weapon and semblance. So not really the same.

If anyone's having trouble with creating a character or want more ideas to develop a character, you can always ask me for help if you're too scared of big bad Greener!

I was going to edit when i got home because editing on my phone is such a pain XD but thx none the less it is probably better then me fixing it XD

Right, so we have a sado-masochist, a schizophrenic, a paranoid control freak.... and a optimist. What a fun combination

Back