Beacon Prequels. (RWBY RP) [7/7]

Awesome I'll get right on my character then. Ah should I make a male or female to try to balance things out though?

Character sheet
Name:
Cerise Marinanth (Cerise means Cherry in French.)

Race: Human

Physical Appearance: Cerise has long blonde hair that falls to just above her butt and striking blue eyes, with a beauty mark just below her left eye. Her eyes switch to gold when she is extremely emotional (mostly in anger if somebody gets hurt) so that sometimes scares people away from her. She is at a rather average height of 5' 6" and weighs only about 132 lbs. Cerise is rather thin, but she makes up for that with lean muscle due to her years of martial arts training. Her hair is an ash blonde that she always chooses to dye the ends of either brown, or black. Cerise also always parts her hair on the left side of her head so most of it falls to the right. She also wears what looks like a uniformed military attire, but in fact it's just easier for her to move and fight in then jeans or a dress. When fighting she can be kinda cocky which gives her an always there smirk, especially if she's having fun. (Here's some images of what I picture her to look like.) {One} {Two} {Three}

Personality: Cerise is an aloof girl who generally fools around a lot. She loves playing pranks and just having fun. Most of the time nothing is taken seriously by her and she prefers to surround herself with people rather than be alone. Cerise not only loves pranks, but she loves to eat and sleep. She's always smiling and trying to make light of a situation if people are upset. Her eyes sometimes shy people away from her though, and it's something she rather hates. It's due to them switching between ice blue and gold when angry or upset. One of the only times you'll see her being serious though is if somebody gets extremely hurt, otherwise she's always making jokes.

Semblance: Break Down- "Break Down" is what Cerise has named her semblance. She is only able to activate it once every few hours. It's an illusion making semblance that only lasts for about 10-20 seconds. However in those seconds it can show the person, or thing affected, its worst nightmares and fears all in a flash. It is meant to confuse, distract, and as she has named it, break down somebody's mind in the time given during fights. Ultimately, ending the illusion with the person breaking down (not enough to completely win the fight, but enough to get some good attacks in).

Weapon: Cerise, being a upfront fighter, uses a set of Gauntlets that she had crafted for her. Upon a button being pressed (It's the little yellow dot on the left image) the gauntlets will release an electricity field around the glove that only harms the enemies Cerise hits. The gauntlets also contain and use three types of dust, fire, water, and wind, although she prefers the use of the water dust to give her electricity field an extra punch (haha unintentional pun). She also wears a set of shin guards to cover her legs (which look like the one in her images, just two instead of one). Her shin guards contain fire dust, allowing her to burn her enemies in the area that made contact with the guard. Neither weapon's 'ability' harms her severely, but she will get small injuries from them. Such as small burns, scrapes, or shocks due to the ferocity with which she needs to fight as an upfront fighter.

Backstory: Cerise had a fairly good life as a kid. There was nothing to complain about for her. One day however, a good friend of hers was being bullied and beaten. She stepped in and in turn, got herself hurt. But it was better than letting her friend take all of the injuries, plus more. When Cerise went home, her parents saw the bruises and cuts. They were astonished, but proud when they learned what their daughter had done. So, they decided to enroll her into martial arts, much to Cerise's surprise. The young girl enjoyed it though, now knowing she had some means to stop the bullies. Sooner rather than later, Cerise became one of the best in her division for martial arts and was loved by her school-mates for her strong sense of justice. Not wanting to seem too serious though, Cerise made jokes and played her pranks to further get along with the students and make them laugh. Upon turning of age Cerise was accepted into the younger counterpart Signal due to her already fast advancing martial arts skills. And later she was invited to attend Beacon Academy leading us to where we are today.

Last edited:
Character sheet
Name:

Physical Appearance: Cerise has long blonde hair that falls to just above her butt and striking blue eyes, with a beauty mark just below her left eye. Her eyes switch to gold when she is extremely emotional (mostly in anger if somebody gets hurt) so that sometimes scares people away from her. She is at a rather average height of 5' 6" and weighs only about 132 lbs. Cerise is rather thin, but she makes up for that with lean muscle due to her years of martial arts training. Her hair is an ash blonde that she always chooses to dye the ends of either brown, or black. Cerise also always parts her hair on the left side of her head so most of it falls to the right. She also wears what looks like a uniformed military attire, but in fact it's just easier for her to move and fight in then jeans or a dress. When fighting she can be kinda cocky which gives her an always there smirk, especially if she's having fun. (Here's some images of what I picture her to look like.) {One} {Two} {Three}

Personality: Cerise is an aloof girl who generally fools around a lot. She loves playing pranks and just having fun. Most of the time nothing is taken seriously by her and she prefers to surround herself with people rather than be alone. Cerise not only loves pranks, but she loves to eat and sleep. She's always smiling and trying to make light of a situation if people are upset. Her eyes sometimes shy people away from her though, and it's something she rather hates. It's due to them switching between ice blue and gold when angry or upset. One of the only times you'll see her being serious though is if somebody gets extremely hurt, otherwise she's always making jokes.

Semblance: Break Down- "Break Down" is what Halley has named her semblance. She is only able to activate it once every few hours. It's an illusion making semblance that only lasts for about 10-20 seconds. However in those seconds it can show the person, or thing affected, its worst nightmares and fears all in a flash. It is meant to confuse, distract, and as she has named it, break down somebody's mind in the time given during fights. Ultimately, ending the illusion with the person breaking down.

Weapon: Cerise, being a upfront fighter, uses a set of Gauntlets that she had crafted for her. Upon a button being pressed (It's the little yellow dot on the left image) the gauntlets will release an electricity field around the glove that only harms the enemies Cerise hits. The gauntlets also contain and use three types of dust, fire, water, and wind, although she prefers the use of the water dust to give her electricity field an extra punch (haha unintentional pun). She also wears a set of shin guards to cover her legs (which look like the one in her images, just two instead of one). Her shin guards contain fire dust, allowing her to burn her enemies in the area that made contact with the guard. Neither weapon's 'ability' harms her severely, but she will get small injuries from them. Such as small burns, scrapes, or shocks due to the ferocity with which she needs to fight as an upfront fighter.

Backstory: Cerise had a fairly good life as a kid. There was nothing to complain about for her. One day however, a good friend of hers was being bullied and beaten. She stepped in and in turn, got herself hurt. But it was better than letting her friend take all of the injuries, plus more. When Cerise went home, her parents saw the bruises and cuts. They were astonished, but proud when they learned what their daughter had done. So, they decided to enroll her into martial arts, much to Cerise's surprise. The young girl enjoyed it though, now knowing she had some means to stop the bullies. Sooner rather than later, Cerise became one of the best in her division for martial arts and was loved by her school-mates for her strong sense of justice. Not wanting to seem too serious though, Cerise made jokes and played her pranks to further get along with the students and make them laugh. Upon turning of age Cerise was accepted into the younger counterpart Signal due to her already fast advancing martial arts skills. And later she was invited to attend Beacon Academy leading us to where we are today.
I'm not the GM so I won't comment too much, but I think Greener mentioned that all characters should be 17 unless they got in through special means. Just thought you should know owo

Character sheet
Name:

Semblance: Break Down- "Break Down" is what Halley has named her semblance. She is only able to activate it once every few hours. It's an illusion making semblance that only lasts for about 10-20 seconds. However in those seconds it can show the person, or thing affected, its worst nightmares and fears all in a flash. It is meant to confuse, distract, and as she has named it, break down somebody's mind in the time given during fights. Ultimately, ending the illusion with the person breaking down.

Seems pretty good! I like the idea of shock gauntlets. I can't really find any faults here, although I'll be keeping an eye on Break Down just to see how it truely works.

Oh and yeah, as Griffith mentioned, 17 unless you want her to be a special case.

So who are we waiting on Luci? Is Russ gonna join? (I may or may not have accidentally included him in the count)

So who are we waiting on Luci? Is Russ gonna join? (I may or may not have accidentally included him in the count)
It sounds as if you're asking me.

Which one, if you are, then idfk.

Two, if you aren't, use punctuation dumpkoff.

I've got a strict soldier boi to make but am unable to because I've been busy.

I'm not the GM so I won't comment too much, but I think Greener mentioned that all characters should be 17 unless they got in through special means. Just thought you should know owo
Oh snap that's right. My bad. I had used her in a previous roleplay from my old site and just kinda copy and pasted a lot of her. c': Thanks for reminding me. She'll be 17 haha. And as for Break Down I tried not to make it too over-powered. Which is why it doesn't last very long and she can only activate it every few hours (mainly every 3 or 4). I think for the larger the enemy the longer the duration is. A human would probably last 10-12 seconds and a large-scale Grimm would be the full 20 (just to clear things up).

Completely open! If by open you mean still accepting. We are waiting on Luci, but I'm also pretty sure Russ isn't joining, so if you want to then go ahead!

Character Sheet

Name: Forest "Verse" Thorn

Race:
Faunus (Cat, with the running theory being a Bobcat due to his ear shape and spots.)

Physical Appearance:
Forest stands at an average 5'11'' with brown hair and forest green eyes, that match and gave his name. Beyond hair, people find two things on his head. First would be his spotted ears. He and his few friends have definitely agreed that they are cat ears with the speculation that they are a Bobcat's. "Lil Em got her hands on one of those books about animals. How she got the book? Hey, I'm tellin the story, not answerin your questions. So she got it see, and when flippin through it she called out. And, well, when Lil Em hollers, you hear it. So I come over and she says 'this is you Forest, you gots his ears.' An' that's it really. I'm a Bobcat faunus." Second are the high quality, super durable, noise canceling headphones. Through them, he listens to whatever he can get his hands on. It's one the artifacts he refuses to tell where he got it from. Other than that, Forest wears a variety of simple T-shirts, cargo pants and shorts, or tank tops that show off a scrawny fed-just-enough to a "this boy needs a more regular diet" form with lean, wiry muscles and tan skin.

Personality:
An unnatural combination of aloofness, spontaneous kindness, "momma cat" instincts, and a decent strategic mind make up Forest. This odd set of traits can sometimes severely conflict when he wants to be alone with his music, but can also make him someone who can be confided in while also being able to call shots on what actions to take. He is very attached to the few friends he makes, but has trouble expressing it with words. Usually, he tries to let music convey what he himself can't express in the hopes that the message gets through. On that matter, Forest adores music and almost never stops listening to it. This can lead to the mistaken impression that he often doesn't pay attention. This would be incorrect as his faunus ears can hear quite well and he has learned to sort out the different sounds, even in battle. Other than that, Forest loves to dance. Any sort of dancing really. Be it break-dancing or ballroom, Forest will enjoy it and is most likely skilled in it. He's always on the look out for a new form to learn.

Semblance:
Forest calls his semblance "Quick Time." To understand how this fully works, allow me to discuss Forest's battle style. He fights to the tempo of the music he listens to dictate speed and attacks. This allows him to build fluid and exotic combos, defenses, and maneuvers with significant ease, but has the downside that, when an opponent figures out the tempo, they can work to predict when and even how he will attack. Luckily, all Forest has to do is switch songs, as long as he figures out that somehow has guessed his tempo. "Quick Time" builds upon this. Forest intently focuses in on the music and then increases the speed of his actions by doubling it. For example, say we count a beat by numbers. Just go with: 1. 2. 3. 4. Forest actions would fall in harmony with this. Now, in "Quick Time," the counting goes: 1+. 2+. 3+. 4+. and occurs in the same space of time. In essence, Forest can double and even triple his actions and speed. However, there are some serious draw backs. First, is that this drains his aura while it's going. Second, he fatigues at the rate of his "Quick Time." If he's moving twice as quickly, he fatigues twice as fast. Third and most detrimental is tunnel vision. He has to focus so much upon the music and the individual fight that he can't pay attention to much else. His teammates, or any other enemy.

Weapon:
Forest has none, preferring to use a variety of martial arts, the environment, and anything he can scrounge to build a hybrid like combat style. In full truth, Forest has never been able to afford a weapon and doesn't know which one to pick or create anyway. Although, it would not be much of a stretch to say that his headphones and music are his weapons.

Backstory:
Forest was, in his own words, "born and raised by the streets of Vale." Due to the misfortune of his father dying in a theft attempt and his mother dying in childbirth, he never knew his parents. He was then passed around by the small, homeless faunus community of Vale he was born into to see who could and would take care of him. Due to the sheer racism that existed at the time, the members agreed not to send him to an orphanage because they wanted to try and spare him from growing up hated. He was taken in by 18 year-old Cobalt, a bear faunus. Under his care, Forest got his first name, a healthy distrust and dislike of the middle and upper classes, a knack for pick-pocketing, stealing, and scavenging, the beginnings of a fighting career, and how to avoid the dangerous part of the criminal underground. In short, he learned to work the streets. What he never learned, and didn't have to, was a love of music. Cobalt had come home from a day of "shopping" to find the then three year-old Forest dancing crazy to an old record that Cobalt had scrounged up. "Kid was just swingin and spinnin in whatever way he wanted. All in verse and all. Thing is, what he wanted happened to be good, for a tyke." Naturally, Cobalt gave him that as a nickname and middle name. Verse. Cobalt would encourage the habit and this would lead to years of practice and the development of Forest's unique fighting style. It would be five years later that, the day before Forest's birthday, Cobalt stole Forest's headphones. They were bright blue, brand new for hunters and huntresses. Through an insane combination of luck and skill, Cobalt was able to get them out of the store and into the hands of Forest on his birthday. It would be the day after that Cobalt was caught, not by the police, but by the draft. The Great War took away Forest's friend, brother, father, and mentor at the age of eight. And never brought him back.

Forest withdrew into his music and his headphones, becoming almost estranged in the community of homeless to which he belonged. He contributed to it with the traditional theft and begging, but kept dancing and fighting on the side. Even this was not to last. When the advent of the faunus wars arose, Forest focused on one thing alone. Surviving. It was something that took most his effort as, what was once angry racism, turned to deadly attacks. Avoiding violent citizens, dangerously zealous police, while besting starvation was extremely difficult and put to test all the young teen had learned. Then, one night near the end of the war, a mob put the slum of his home to the torch. Trapped beneath burning debris, Forest believed his life was about to end. Only it didn't. He was saved, rescued, restored by a huntress. Carried through the destruction, the flames, and protected from the angry mob by her. It would cost her life to save his. A debt he feels that can only be payed in one way. To take up her mantle and become a hunter. A feat that would be exceedingly challenging given his standing. An orphan, alone, and with only his music. He took only one thing from her corpse, a lock of her auburn hair to remember her by. He keeps in a locket he stole. It would be some years before he found out her name. Karen Thorn. Forest then took her last name as well.

Forest would not be alone for long, however. Due to his growing prowess in combat and growing nature to protect and help people, Forest pulled together a small of gang of five friends. Aoi, a human boy the same age as Forest who acts as his second and ultimate voice of reason. Thatch, a scrawny human lad of 12 who could dislocate his shoulders for fun and fit through tight gaps. Onyx, a raven haired 14 year old faunus girl and the best a reading and writing. Fume, an 8 year old faunus boy who is most apt to pick the most pockets and cause the most ruckus. Lastly is Emerald or, as everyone calls her, Lil' Em. A faunus girl of five with a chronic illness that is in growing need of treatment, but with sympathy towards faunus low, and no money at all, she has yet to get it. It was during this last part of his life so far that Beacon noticed him. It started out as a simple turf conflict as a rival group of more brutal thugs wanted Forest's alley, where he and his friends had made their home, for their own. Whether through luck or divine intervention, a teacher happened to be passing by just when the fight went down. With grace, skill, and the tempo of his song, Forest thrashed the gang with ruthless efficiency. Recognizing his talent and realizing that Forest could perhaps be picked up by a darker criminal element if not helped, he gave Forest an in to Beacon. An in to which his friends cheered him towards. And so, he went with the promise to become a hunter and help them all get out of the homeless life and into a better one. On days off, he visits them in Vale, telling them about his adventures. Unless someone directly follows him, he doesn't take anyone with him as he doesn't trust his new classmates and to be teammates yet.

(I know how he gets into Beacon is quite similar to how Ruby got in. Unless there is some sort of out reach program that I am unaware of, then this seems to be at least a decent way to get him in.)

Last edited:
Character Sheet

Name: Forest "Verse" Thorn

Race:
Faunus (Cat, with the running theory being a Bobcat due to his ear shape and spots.)

Physical Appearance:
Forest stands at an average 5'11'' with brown hair and forest green eyes, that match and gave his name. Beyond hair, people find two things on his head. First would be his spotted ears. He and his few friends have definitely agreed that they are cat years with the speculation that they are a Bobcat's. "Lil Em got her hands on one of those books about animals. How she got the book? Hey, I'm tellin the story, not answerin your questions. So she got it see, and when flippin through it she called out. And, well, when Lil Em hollers, you hear it. So I come over and she says 'this is you Forest, you gots his ears.' An' that's it really. I'm a Bobcat faunus." Second are the high quality, super durable, noise canceling headphones. Through them, he listens to whatever he can get his hands on. It's one the artifacts he refuses to tell where he got it from. Other than that, Forest wears a variety of simple T-shirts, cargo pants and shorts, or tank tops that show off a scrawny fed-just-enough to a "this boy needs a more regular diet" form with lean, wiry muscles and tan skin.

Personality:
An unnatural combination of aloofness, spontaneous kindness, "momma cat" instincts, and a decent strategic mind make up Forest. This odd set of traits can sometimes severely conflict when he wants to be alone with his music, but can also make him someone who can be confided in while also being able to call shots on what actions to take. He is very attached to the few friends he makes, but has trouble expressing it with words. Usually, he tries to let music convey what he himself can't express in the hopes that the message gets through. On that matter, Forest adores music and almost never stops listening to it. This can lead to the mistaken impression that he often doesn't pay attention. This would be incorrect as his faunus ears can hear quite well and he has learned to sort out the different sounds, even in battle. Other than that, Forest loves to dance. Any sort of dancing really. Be it break-dancing or ballroom, Forest will enjoy it and is most likely skilled in it. He's always on the look out for a new form to learn.

Semblance:
Forest calls his semblance "Quick Time." To understand how this fully works, allow me to discuss Forest's battle style. He fights to the tempo of the music he listens to dictate speed and attacks. This allows him to build fluid and exotic combos, defenses, and maneuvers with significant ease, but has the downside that, when an opponent figures out the tempo, they can work to predict when and even how he will attack. Luckily, all Forest has to do is switch songs, as long as he figures out that somehow has guessed his tempo. "Quick Time" builds upon this. Forest intently focuses in on the music and then increases the speed of his actions by doubling it. For example, say we count a beat by numbers. Just go with: 1. 2. 3. 4. Forest actions would fall in harmony with this. Now, in "Quick Time," the counting goes: 1+. 2+. 3+. 4+. and occurs in the same space of time. In essence, Forest can double and even triple his actions and speed. However, there are some serious draw backs. First, is that this drains his aura while it's going. Second, he fatigues at the rate of his "Quick Time." If he's moving twice as quickly, he fatigues twice as fast. Third and most detrimental is tunnel vision. He has to focus so much upon the music and the individual fight that he can't pay attention to much else. His teammates, or any other enemy.

Weapon:
Forest has none, preferring to use a variety of martial arts, the environment, and anything he can scrounge to build a hybrid like combat style. In full truth, Forest has never been able to afford a weapon and doesn't know which one to pick or create anyway. Although, it would not be much of a stretch to say that his headphones and music are his weapons.

Backstory:
Forest was, in his own words, "born and raised by the streets of Vale." Due to the misfortune of his father dying in a theft attempt and his mother dying in childbirth, he never knew his parents. He was then passed around by the small, homeless faunus community of Vale he was born into to see who could and would take care of him. Due to the sheer racism that existed at the time, the members agreed not to send him to an orphanage because they wanted to try and spare him from growing up hated. He was taken in by 18 year-old Cobalt, a bear faunus. Under his care, Forest got his first name, a healthy distrust and dislike of the middle and upper classes, a knack for pick-pocketing, stealing, and scavenging, the beginnings of a fighting career, and how to avoid the dangerous part of the criminal underground. In short, he learned to work the streets. What he never learned, and didn't have to, was a love of music. Cobalt had come home from a day of "shopping" to find the then three year-old Forest dancing crazy to an old record that Cobalt had scrounged up. "Kid was just swingin and spinnin in whatever way he wanted. All in verse and all. Thing is, what he wanted happened to be good, for a tyke." Naturally, Cobalt gave him that as a nickname and middle name. Verse. Cobalt would encourage the habit and this would lead to years of practice and the development of Forest's unique fighting style. It would be four years later that, the day before Forest's birthday, Cobalt stole Forest's headphones. They were bright blue, brand new for hunters and huntresses. Through an insane combination of luck and skill, Cobalt was able to get them out of the store and into the hands of Forest on his birthday. It would be the day after that Cobalt was caught, not by the police, but by the draft. The Great War took away Forest's friend, brother, father, and mentor at the age of seven. And never brought him back.

Forest withdrew into his music and his headphones, becoming almost estranged in the community of homeless to which he belonged. He contributed to it with the traditional theft and begging, but kept dancing and fighting on the side. Even this was not to last. When the advent of the faunus wars arose, Forest focused on one thing alone. Surviving. It was something that took most his effort as, what was once angry racism, turned to deadly attacks. Avoiding violent citizens, dangerously zealous police, while avoid starvation was extremely difficult and put to test all the young teen had learned. Then, one night near the end of the war, a mob put the slum of his home to the torch. Trapped beneath burning debris, Forest believed his life was about to end. Only it didn't. He was saved, rescued, restored by a huntress. Carried through the destruction, the flames, and protected from the angry mob by her. It would cost her life to save his. A debt he feels that can only be payed in one way. To take up her mantle and become a hunter. A feat that would be exceedingly challenging given his standing. An orphan, alone, and with only his music. He took only one thing from her corpse, a lock of her auburn hair to remember her by. He keeps in a locket he stole. It would be some years before he found out her name. Karen Thorn. Forest then took her last name as well.

Forest would not be alone for long, however. Due to his growing prowess in combat and growing nature to protect and help people, Forest pulled together a small of gang of five friends. Aoi, a human boy the same age as Forest who acts as his second and ultimate voice of reason. Thatch, a scrawny human lad of 12 who could dislocate his shoulders for fun and fit through tight gaps. Onyx, a raven haired 14 year old faunus girl and the best a reading and writing. Fume, an 8 year old boy who is most apt to pick the most pockets and cause the most ruckus. Lastly is Emerald or, as everyone calls her, Lil' Em. A faunus girl of five with a chronic illness that is in growing need of treatment, but with sympathy towards faunus low, and no money at all. She has yet to get it. It was during the last part of his life so far that Beacon noticed him. It started out as a simple turf conflict as a rival group of more brutal thugs wanted Forest's alley, where he and his friends had made their home, for their own. Whether through luck or divine intervention, a teacher happened to be passing by just when the fight went down. With grace, skill, and the tempo of his song, Forest thrashed the gang with ruthless efficiency. Recognizing his talent and realizing that Forest could perhaps be picked up by a darker criminal element if not helped, he gave Forest an in to Beacon. An in to which his friends cheered him towards. And so, he went with the promise to become a hunter and help them all get out of the homeless life and into a better one. On days off, he visits them in Vale, telling them about his adventures. Unless someone directly follows him, he doesn't take anyone with him as he doesn't trust his new classmates and to be teammates yet.

(I know how he gets into Beacon is quite similar to how Ruby got in. Unless there is some sort of out reach program that I am unaware of, then this seems to be at least a decent way to get him in.)
Aight, sounds good! Haven't really got a problem that needs to be fixed.

As to his backstory, you can make him older/younger if you want, by about 2 years either way.

Back