Beacon Prequels. (RWBY RP) [7/7]

Almost done with school for the day. I'll have a character concept up once I get home owo

Name: Janeway Braun

Race: Human

Physical Appearance: Janeway looks and dresses like a pin-up girl from the 50s. She is a woman of medium stature, her posture straight and confident, her figure full and shapely. She has bronzed skin and dark brown hair which she lets fall in curls around her face and pool onto her shoulders. Janeway's face is angular and her features well defined, with animated brown eyes and an expressive mouth often curled into a smile.

When in the field, Janeway wears a set of protective armour padded over a long sleeved undershirt and dark brown riding breeches, tucked into knee-length boots studded with pink decorations. Her casual appearance varies from time to time as Janeway has a vast array of different outfits. Her most iconic look would be a light blue sundress and sandals, often completed with a dash of red lipstick, a sherry drink in hand, and pink-rimmed sunglasses, coming together to form the picture of contentment.

Personality: Janeway is a woman that may not be considered very beautiful- but one cannot deny that she is one which possesses a certain charm, though perhaps, not a strictly charming person. With a lazy grin and a downward turn of her lashes, Janeway is a person that dances to her own beat. Flirtatious, playful, but never overtly frivolous, Janeway can best be described as alluring. She maintains a certain enigmatic aura about her, never letting anyone get close enough to figure out her secrets, though that only contributed to her charm. Janeway is mostly agreeable towards others, and while she may become slightly frustrating to deal with, she ultimately means well towards her peers. Although they may feel distanced by her attitude, many often find themselves being inexplicably captivated by the woman that is Janeway Braun.

Semblance: Flight of the Valkyrie: An inherited Semblance, it summons to the vessel the power of the Valkyrie, the entity presumably tied to Janeway's maternal family. When active, Flight of the Valkyrie enables Janeway to transform into an empowered form, known as the Valkyrie. The Valkyrie has increased power, speed, stamina and resistance as compared to Janeway, and is capable of flight for as long as her Aura holds out. When in Valkyrie form she is capable of forming a large spear of focused Aura around her axe that is capable of stopping even the largest of monsters in their tracks. This form places a lot of stain upon her aura and, as it stands, she can only last in the form for five minutes before her aura gives out. She can continue to use it for another minute after that, at which point she will be rendered unconscious. Should her aura run out during this form, she will be unable to access her aura or semblance until the next day.

Weapon: A large Viking axe capable of increasing the size of a specific part of it (E.g axe head, handle.) by a large degree at will. The axe is capable of transforming into a heavy machine gun capable of firing dust infused bullets at an incredible rate, the type of which is pre determined by Janeway.

Backstory: Janeway is the latest descendant of a long line of Huntresses. Her Semblance is inherited by all women on Janeway's mother's side of the family through maternal inheritance. It is believed by the family that they are vessels for the entity which watched over them- the Valkyrie. Janeway's role in life was set before she was even born, predestined to become a Huntress like her mother and her ancestors before her. Her early childhood was mostly spent with her grandmother, as her father was estranged and her mother spent most of her days taking assignments in the field. Her grandmother was the one who introduced her to her inheritance and taught her the rudimentary skills of using her Semblance. Janeway attended Signal Academy and was further instructed on how to use her weapon and controlling her Semblance. Upon graduation, she was accepted into Beacon Academy and is quickly progressing on her path to become a fully-fledged Huntress.

Last edited:
Btw, as it has appeared, unless your character gets in through special conditions in their backstory they're 17

Name: Janeway Braun

Race: Human

Physical Appearance: Janeway looks and dresses like a pin-up girl from the 50s. She is a woman of medium stature, her posture straight and confident, her figure full and shapely. She has bronzed skin and dark brown hair which she lets fall in curls around her face and pool onto her shoulders. Janeway's face is angular and her features well defined, with animated brown eyes and an expressive mouth often curled into a smile.

When in the field, Janeway wears a set of protective armour padded over a long sleeved undershirt and dark brown riding breeches, tucked into knee-length boots studded with pink decorations. Her casual appearance varies from time to time as Janeway has a vast array of different outfits. Her most iconic look would be a light blue sundress and sandals, often completed with a dash of red lipstick, a sherry drink in hand, and pink-rimmed sunglasses, coming together to form the picture of contentment.

Personality: Janeway is a woman that may not be considered very beautiful- but one cannot deny that she is one which possesses a certain charm, though perhaps, not a strictly charming person. With a lazy grin and a downward turn of her lashes, Janeway is a person that dances to her own beat. Flirtatious, playful, but never overtly frivolous, Janeway can best be described as alluring. She maintains a certain enigmatic aura about her, never letting anyone get close enough to figure out her secrets, though that only contributed to her charm. Janeway is mostly agreeable towards others, and while she may become slightly frustrating to deal with, she ultimately means well towards her peers. Although they may feel distanced by her attitude, many often find themselves being inexplicably captivated by the woman that is Janeway Braun.

Semblance: Flight of the Valkyrie. An inherited Semblance, it summons to the vessel the power of the Valkyrie, the entity presumably tied to Janeway's maternal family. When active, Flight of the Valkyrie enables Janeway to transform into an empowered form, known as the Valkyrie. The Valkyrie has greatly increased power, speed, shields and stamina as compared to Janeway, and is capable of long-distance flight for as long as her Aura holds out. When in the form of the Valkyrie, Janeway is able to rise above all pain signals and injuries and continue fighting, though it does not mean that she cannot be injured. Janeway will automatically be brought out of her Valkyrie form once her shields are completely down or if she decides to stop using her Semblance sooner. Prolonged usage and complete shutdown of shields will cause Janeway to be incapacitated once she returns to her own form. (Basically uhh flying Hulk, but worse)

Weapon: A Viking axe. It can extend to great lengths and grow to monstrous sizes and, when imbued with Dust, will gain different types of properties capable of elemental damage.

Backstory: Janeway is the latest descendant of a long line of Huntresses. Her Semblance is inherited by all women on Janeway's mother's side of the family through maternal inheritance. It is believed by the family that they are vessels for the entity which watched over them- the Valkyrie. Janeway's role in life was set before she was even born, predestined to become a Huntress like her mother and her ancestors before her. Her early childhood was mostly spent with her grandmother, as her father was estranged and her mother spent most of her days taking assignments in the field. Her grandmother was the one who introduced her to her inheritance and taught her the rudimentary skills of using her Semblance. Janeway attended Signal Academy and was further instructed on how to use her weapon and controlling her Semblance. Upon graduation, she was accepted into Beacon Academy and is quickly progressing on her path to become a fully-fledged Huntress.
Love the personality, appearance and backstory, need to talk about the Semblance.

As it is, I don't really see much downside aside from being 'Incapacitated'. It's not even stated how long 'Prolonged Usage' is. I think you need to add some more weaknesses, or have me nerf it a bit.

Love the personality, appearance and backstory, need to talk about the Semblance.

As it is, I don't really see much downside aside from being 'Incapacitated'. It's not even stated how long 'Prolonged Usage' is. I think you need to add some more weaknesses, or have me nerf it a bit.
Last one before bed I swear

Yeah I thought that might be a problem when I wrote it but I wasn't sure how to explain it in detail. You can make whatever adjustments you think are necessary!

Semblance: Flight of the Valkyrie: An inherited Semblance, it summons to the vessel the power of the Valkyrie, the entity presumably tied to Janeway's maternal family. When active, Flight of the Valkyrie enables Janeway to transform into an empowered form, known as the Valkyrie. The Valkyrie has increased power, speed, stamina and resistance as compared to Janeway, and is capable of flight for as long as her Aura holds out. When in Valkyrie form she is capable of forming a large spear of focused Aura around her axe that is capable of stopping even the largest of monsters in their tracks. This form places a lot of stain upon her aura and, as it stands, she can only last in the form for five minutes before her aura gives out. She can continue to use it for another minute after that, at which point she will be rendered unconscious. Should her aura run out during this form, she will be unable to access her aura or semblance until the next day.

(The below is just a suggestion)
Weapon: A large Viking axe capable of increasing the size of a specific part of it (E.g axe head, handle.) by a large degree at will. The axe is capable of transforming into a heavy machine gun capable of firing dust infused bullets at an incredible rate, the type of which is pre determined by Janeway.

Last edited:

(The below is just a suggestion)
This sounds good, I'll take that. Thanks!

Also, using your aura to fly does weaken it right? So the second you land, you're vulnerable and have a 100% chance of dying if you're attacked.

Fun facts!

The second song in this trilogy (starting at 3:23) could be Janeway's theme song. Since, well, Valkyrie.

Am I too late for this? I've been debating on whether I want to join or not, but I've made up my mind and decided I'd like to if I still can. c:

Back