Blinded Rejection

Morgan saw the wave coming, but since she was already soaking wet from head to toe, she let it crash over her. it made her laugh, something she hadn't done in a long time. The sound was rusty, but it was true and carefree. Launching one last splash toward Ayame, Morgan made her way back to the river's edge and plopped herself down in a patch of sun to dry out with a happy sigh. She watched Ayame in silence for a few minutes as the girl cleaned herself up, then spoke. "You did well. Even though you staid back, it was comforting for me to know you were back there." And it had been. Even though she had known the wolf at her back was blind, it had been nice to have someone watching it as well as they could've. "You were tracking well too. Keep practicing and soon enough you'll be able to find whatever it is you're looking for."

Morgan stretched and winced slightly as her shoulder pulled from where the deer had kicked her. A quick examination of the wound showed that it had stopped bleeding. That was good enough for now. It would heal soon enough, and now that the blood flow had stopped, it wouldn't draw to many predators. Rubbing it gently, Morgan turned her attention back to Ayame. "How do you feel? You survived your first night out here, and a bear attack. You found your wolf again, and she is a beautiful black one by the way."

Ayame squealed as she was splashed again and fell back laughing as she heard the other wolf walking out of the water. Ayame's laughs died down and fell into a smile. She hadn't laughed in a long time, it was small and raspy but it had made a weight lift from her chest. Ayame sat in the water used her hand to pour the water over her skin washing off the blood and dirt. When morgan spoke her head pooped up and turned in the general direction. Ayame smiled at the praise. "I r-remember you told me to at threatening. I have no clue what that looks like. But, my feet couldn't move. I-I didn't want to leave you..." Her words trailed off as she remembered the worried feeling she had felt.

Her stoic face was quickly replaced with a smile. "I-I feel stronger. A-and happy, because I am free for the first time. I have run in the dirt, and eaten more than scraps. And I can shift for the first time since I was a child." Ayame felt like she could cry but settled for smiling and giving a small laugh. "Thank you... f-for helping me. If you hadn't I might have been scared like that forever." Ayame slowly moved out of the water and plopped on the grass, she wasn't that far away from Morgan. "I wish I could see what you look like. I am sure you and your wolf are both beautiful."

Morgan tilted her head as she listened to Ayame, then chuffed. "Acting threatening is not so hard. As a human, we are not so scary. We have no weapons to use against a bear. It knows that, which makes it harder to call a bears bluff while in this shape. As a wolf, we have sharp teeth, and we are far more mobile. Dangerous. We can show this by lowering our head, pinning our ears back and snarling. The more teeth you show, the better. Keep your eyes on the threat." She paused, wrinkling her nose as she considered that one. "Well, keep them as close as you can to being on the threat. Fights like that have a pattern. Two predators will size each other up, looking for weakness. Those can be obvious injuries, to favoring a leg or something like that. After that, the bluff stage. This is all in the mind. The less fear you show and the more aggression that is displayed can often keep the fight from becoming bloody. If that fails, then it's time to fight."

Morgan looked out at the water. "It will be difficult for you to know the difference between a bluff and a actual fight without your sight, but you said you can see in a way. I hope that you will be able to know when the fight shifts from bluffing to no longer a joke." Bear fights were one of the hardest fights. Bears had a thick hide and were difficult to kill. It was always better to flee than to get into a scrap with one. Still, there was no reason to dwell on that.

Shaking away the gloomy thoughts, Morgan focused on Ayame again, a smile creeping over her lips at the obvious joy in the woman's voice. "A full belly and a good run will normally keep a wolf happy," she teased. "They are simple creatures in that way." Ayame's thanks made Morgan smile and pleased the wolf within. Despite it's initial misgivings, Morgan's wolf was coming around the the sweet innocent woman. It still didn't like how vulnerable their new pack mate was, but it did like having another there. Morgan was drawn out of her thoughts again when Ayame expressed a desire to know what she looked like. As she had done the night before, she reached out and grasped the young woman's hand. Lifting it up, she gently rested on her own cheek. "Then look. Don't be afraid to touch me. I won't bite." Morgan let her hand fall, leaving Ayame to feel if she wanted to. "I'm not much to look at. My hair is red, I'm very tan from living out here in the wild, and don't have much body fat. To much time running as a wolf for that."

Morgan narrowed her eyes, trying to think about what she looked like. "My eyes are green, and I have more than a few scars. Living alone is hard. I've been very lucky. My wolf is smaller than yours, but lean. My pelt is thick and mostly red with some grey and a white patch on my chest. Part of my right ear is missing. It got bitten off my an actual wolf some ears ago. Even in my human form, it's not quite right." Morgan shrugged. "I'm not pretty, at least in my opinion." She snorted. "At least I'm clean after that chilly scrub in the river."

Ayame used her hands to slowly lay herself on the grass, she listened to her companion her face towards the sky. She loved the feeling of the sun against her skin. Lifting her head she turned in the direction of Morgan's voice. "Like this." Ayame bared her teeth and scrunched up her face, she just looked ridiculous but it was a good effort. She looked more like a child playing than threatening. She growled that came out as a cough when she chocked on her saliva just a bit. Covering her mouth she lifted her hand to her chest. "I think I should have tried that while I was a wolf." Ayame smiled laughing a bit, it was good to feel and be free. And even better when it was in good company.

Ayame could hear the gloom in Morgan's voice and eaned her head back up to feel the sun's rays. "It is nice to be such a simple creature. And one day when I am strong enough I can protect you too." Ayame smiled to herself at the thought, to be strong like Morgan was her greatest wish thus far. Ayam hesitated to move when Morgan placed her hand on her face. Ayame listened and gently moved her hand over the woman's features. Ayame bring her free hand u to compare her own. After her hands explored the girls face Ayame let both hands fall and smiled. "I think you are very pretty Morgan. I must look ghastly in comparison." Ayame laughed and placed her palms back on the ground. "You are very strong, and that is part of what makes you beautiful. I have seen the color red in aura, but I'm sure real brilliance must be amazing."

Back