Chains of Retribution Bloodstone Medical Center - Part 1: The Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
as written by Sokka

Renard entered the room, and glanced around, it had been a long night and with everything that had happened he was exhausted. He noticed Carlisle and walked over to him.

"Where's Marc....." Renard asked with a troubled look on his face.

as written by Lialore

A loud rumble kept emitting from the corner nearest the entrance after carefully timed intervals as Brendan snored on. He'd settled here not long ago after spending a night in one of the quieter rooms, planning to keep watch again. But instead, he'd passed out.

His head lolled back against the wall, his mouth was gaping and he was practically hugging the rifle to his chest. There was an ache in his leg that hadn't been realised yet; perhaps where someone though his 'off' button was, as if giving him a kick would wake him. He was a deep sleeper.

This certainly wasn't him at his finest.

as written by Tiko

Carlisle shook his head as Renard asked the question he likely already knew the answer to.

"He didn't make it out," he answered.

Last edited:
as written by Script

Seri's eyes shot open as Hubert approached. He was a light sleeper by necessity. Though his face immediately twisted into a frown, something approaching relief was visible in his eyes when he realised who was walking over.

"I'm a cat in a den of angry wolves," he muttered, "How do you think? They haven't paid me any attention yet, so I suppose it could be worse. I shouldn't have come here."

as written by Sokka

"Fucking hell." Renard muttered, I should have gone back for them.... Renard thought.

"How are you holding up?" He asked Carlisle.

as written by Tiko

From one of the side halls came barreling a red-furred wolf pup who made a beeline for the front door where she started whining and scratching at the wood frame. She backed up, whining loudly before standing up and scratching at the wood as she pawed at the door.

As she couldn't get the door open she dropped back to all fours and threw her head about looking for another way out before Raquette could catch up to her.

as written by Sentry

Hubert raised his eyes to Carlisle upon hearing the news. It only showed in his eyes, the shock that went through him.

"Probably better than being out there right now," he said to Seri. He sank further into the wall, his person grouping forward in his slouch. His face fell into his palm. "What are we really doing here, though? You and me. Cass. Miche-" He paused, counting the runts presently in the room.

"Where's Michel?"

as written by CelticCat

Raquette sprinted down the hallways from a distance, lacking the pup's speed and ability to maneuver. She barely prevented herself from colliding with walls and other pack members as she tried to get a line of sight with Sophia. Sensing the young girl's indecision at the doorway, Raquette attempted to lunge and restrain Sophia while uttering a hissing 's' sound followed by a breathy 'f'.

as written by Script

"He never showed up to anything involving these guys. I figured he bailed rather than getting involved in a 'real' pack..." The teenager shrugged indifferently.

"I don't know what you're doing. I'm just trying to survive. Counting my days until they decide they don't want me around. At least if you get in shape and learn to fight they'll want you. I'm just the tag-along."

Even though I initiated this, I'll never belong here. That much is obvious.

as written by Tiko

The pup darted past Raquette, only to barrel straight into Carlisle's legs. She landed on her rump and gave her head a shake as she looked up at him. Her ears quickly dropped as she backed up into Raquette's lunging arms where she flailed and whined, snapping at the air and clearly unhappy as Raquette got a hold of her.

Carlisle gave her a glance before shaking his head.

"Bastien's not back yet?" he asked.

Renard's question went unanswered, but it was clear the past few hours were weighing on Carlisle. His face was pale, and there was a thin sheen of sweat on his brow.

Last edited:
as written by Sentry

Hubert snorted, then slung a big arm over Seri's neck. "Yeah, lose weight and learn to fight. Because we all know that's on my agenda," he joked. "But we do have a place here. If not for anyone else, Seri-" He gestured to Cass, to himself, to the werecat. "For each other? We've stuck with each other this long. Maybe we can salvage something."

The big oaf shrugged. "I mean, not like the goodball'd know. Things are changin', eh? I'm making motivational speeches, here."

as written by CelticCat

Raquette held the pup tight to her chest, carefully keeping her arms out of Sophia's snapping jaws. She made soft shushing noises as best she could as she managed to begin to type with one hand.

"Not yet." She continued to make soothing noises as she tried to calm Sophia, but having barely slept herself, Raquette was uncertain how much longer she could keep the girl out of trouble.

as written by Script

"Not unless we can be useful," Seri muttered, flinching at the physical contact but not moving away. "It's clear enough in the way they talk, the way they look at us. They won't tolerate liabilities, not after tonight."

He turned his eyes toward the floor. "I wouldn't, in their place. It's not a joke, to be laughed off. If we don't start making ourselves worth having around, then they won't put up with us much longer. I'm sure of it."

It was an uncharacteristically serious line of thought for Seri, but he'd spent the better part of the night watching the aftermath of the fighting unfold. It had left him sombre. Subdued.

Just leave, his instincts told him. But where would that leave him? Back to living life like a stray cat, begging for food from humans and hiding from the Church and the packs alike? It was hardly dignified. He'd started to convince himself he was better than that.

as written by Lialore

Cass hadn't slept. She finished scrubbing at the patch of blood on the floor of the main room that she'd stepped into on first arriving and threw the brush into the container she was using as a bucket as loud as she could since she was situated ear-splittingly close to the dozing Brendan. It helped a little. The building was beginning to buzz again and he must have been coming around, for he stirred some at the noise and settled into some softer snoring.

Her sigh was still hidden beneath the noise as she looked over to Seri and Hubert. She got to her tired feet and walked over.

as written by Tiko

Carlisle was beginning to sense that something wasn't quite right. This was more than exhaustion he was feeling.

"Renard," he asked. "Is your wound healing yet?"

Last edited:
as written by Sokka

"It doesn't seem better but I'm no doctor so who knows. It's been cleaned and bandaged up and I really don't want to take all of that off...I sure feel like shit though but that could be lack of sleep talking." He muttered leaning against the wall.

"Why do you ask?" He said.

as written by Sentry

Hubert fell silent.

"Shit, Seri. I dunno what to tell you," he admitted after a pause. "I just. Selene's fucking ghost, man. I'm fucking... scared." His voice lowered so silently into a hiss at the end. His head thumped back onto the wall, just in time.

The weightly comedian's eyes shot open. He just managed to give the woman a nod. "Cass. Seri an' I just havin' a man talk. What've you been up to, here? You didn't get into trouble too, didja?"

as written by CelticCat

Raquette let out a soft, breathy sigh of relief as Sophia calmed down. Slowly, Raquette readjusted her position so that she could sit comfortably with the pup in her lap for a while. The teen doubted that she'd be able to settle her down to rest in one of the other rooms again.

She glanced up at Renard and his bandages with a small frown, but decided not to interject yet.

as written by Script

Seri's eyes rolled up to Cass as she approached, though he didn't meet her eyes. He didn't speak further, waiting for what he expected to be another scalding with a gloomy frown.

as written by Faithy and Tiko

Elsewhere in the building...

The last thing Aimee remembered before she lost consciousness was the fight in front of the den and the argument she had gotten into with her father. The smell of smoke had also wafted into her nose, the scent burning itself into her senses as if a parting gift from the Scions. She could tell even before she opened her eyes that they had reached the Bloodstone Med center because she was not only lying down on a fairly soft surface, her mind was incredibly fuzzy, which meant she was drugged up. Groaning, she slid her eyes open, feeling a hell of a lot worse than she did right after the fight thanks to the lack of endorphins stopping her pain. Not only that, she was very much sober, which a headache to accompany the drugged up hangover state, but she was alive.

“Eee…” She reached a hand up to touch her bandaged face, frowning heavily before glancing down at her wrist, it beneath the blanket at that moment. She left it alone and just thought about what had happened over the last however long ago the Den scuffle was. It bothered her that Jacques was right, that she did a stupid thing, which could have gotten herself and the others killed. Even if she did keep all three Scions going after the three in the back, she was reckless and the young adult realized it was because she had been so intent on getting more booze despite the orders. Alcohol nearly got her killed… and she had no idea whether or not they were even going to let her stay.

You fucked up, Aimee… immensely. Knowing or rather remembering the damage to her face, Aimee opted to internalize her stupidity, her eyes closing to try and stave off the migraine unable to ignore how much it hurt to talk and how woozy and drugged up she felt.

"Jesse told me you were starting to come around," Jacques remarked from the doorway to the small room Aimee was resting in. "You'll live."

He was smoking a cigarette as he watched her with calculated eyes. He was difficult to read at the moment.

Hearing the voice of her father, Aimee glanced over towards the doorway, spotting him, but it brought her absolutely no comfort. The inability to think clearly coupled with how much it hurt her to talk kept her from responding, but it was fairly easy to read her emotions, most of them centering on shame and regret. She started to frown, but decided that’d be a stupid and painful thing to do. Instead, she just checked out her wrist, the bone was just bandaged up, but she wasn't about to move it, not really enjoying being in pain more than she already currently was. Glancing back at Jacques, she decided to utter a single word, knowing it made up for absolutely nothing,

“Sorry…” She sighed and grimaced, regretting even speaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back