Chains of Retribution Bloodstone Medical Center - Part 1: The Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
as written by Tiko and Dashmiel.

The gears of Ragenard's mind barely had time to grind out a thought before the large man separated himself from the growing crowd of onlookers by Carlisle's side, and met Bastien and the intruder by the door in a burst of preternatural speed that belied the man's large size.

He briefly regarded Eliza as she began to blubber out a frantic explanation, but Ragenard decided to ignore it, not giving a damn and confident he could react to any threatening move on her part, since Bastien had her covered.

Once again Bastien's eyes flicked between Eliza and Ragenard, and for a moment he wasn't sure which of the two was the greater threat.

Ragenard favored Bastien with a scowl that was only marginally less-severe than it usually would have been, his only silent concession to the man's timely recovery from his fuck-up.

"Bast. I don't need to explain why I'm not happy with you right now, right?" Ragenard whispered venemously at Bastien before faking a large smile and cocking his head to glance at Sophia. "Hey Pup."

"Hey, how the fuck was I supposed to know?" Bastien answered. "It's not like Baron gave us a god damned roster of all the new people. She came in with them, I just assumed..."

Meanwhile Sophia gave a snarl from Bastien's arms as Ragenard turned his attention on her. Holding the squirming pup in one arm, while keeping the gun on Eliza was leaving Bastien in a less than ideal situation should Eliza choose to act.

He was only half aware that Eliza was rambling on a lengthy monologue, and not a word of it actually made it through to him. Ragenard was the far greater concern.

"You assumed." Ragenard replied darkly. "I see." Ragenard gave Bastien a long hard look, before glancing at Eliza first, and then slowly around the room. Had anyone been left to know him well enough, they would have seen the dismay coloring the sour expression. When he regarded Bastien once more (still ignoring the blubbering monotone in the now background of his mind) his features were slightly less angry.

"Don't even put this one on me," Bastien answered. "Shit's been upside down in this pack since you left."

"I'll put it wherever the fuck I feel like placing it, Bast." Ragenard growled out before continuing, "but no. This time, it's not all on you...though I'd be surprised if this one isn't here because you wanted to 'examine' her in one of the exam rooms later" he finished, his tone gruff but not the gruffness that usually preceded his descent into maiming.

"Well what the fuck do you want to do with her now that she's here?" Bastien asked.

Ragenard took a few moments to consider Bastien's question, during which time the ceaseless susurring in the back of his mind suddenly stopped. Ragenard was momentarily confused before giving Eliza a quick glance and realizing her lips were no longer moving.

"Holy shit, you were talking this whole time?" Ragenard burst out increduly, unable to help himself. He quickly shook his head and jerked his head towards the exam rooms. "Get someone to watch the pup a bit longer" he said to Bastien before looking at Eliza dead in the eyes. "We're going to quietly head on over to the exam rooms over there. You won't fuss, cry, or lash out. If you do, I will kill you where you stand. Once we're there, you'll tell me whatever the fuck you were blabbering about just now, this time in chunks I can actually digest."

as written by LuLu6214

Eliza nodded and walked into the exam room as she was told and leaned against the bed, still sweating from holding in her shifting she figured she'd cut to the chase and keep it short. "The night of the pack fight was when I came into the pub, I was passing through the city, by the time I found out it was pack turf it was too late. I thought it'd be safer as a lone wolf to keep quiet and when Bastien invited me to the fight and got my number I hoped I could stick around...now I am here."

She sat down on the bed to put herself in a non threatening position, not submitting but a neutral position, anxiety was building in her. She leaned back bracing herself as she attempted to pace her breathing in order to keep calm as she was being, more or less, interrogated by what seemed to be a pissy alpha and she wasn't about to challenge him on things.

Last edited:
as written by Tiko and Faithy

Elsewhere in the building...

"You'll be here for a few days," Jacques told Aimee. He took a long drag on his cigarette, as he watched her before speaking again. "Do you remember how your mother was killed? Gunned down by the JC's in the street when you were just a pup?" he asked. "Because you're certainly trying your damndest to follow her into the grave."

Aimee frowned at his words, wanting to tell him that wasn't what she was trying to do, but she wasn't even sure if he would believe her. Hell, she wasn't even sure if she believed it herself. The frown lasted about ten seconds before the pain kicked back in and she released an annoyed sigh, her head shaking a little while she tried to think of something to say that would get him to see that she wasn't trying to kill herself or get killed.

"That wasn't what I was trying to do. I just wanted more to drink." It was difficult to speak, but it wasn't like she knew sign language or anything.

"When you get out of here, you're getting sober," he told her. "Florine was a good lesson on what this pack will do its own. Unless you want them putting you out on the streets."

Raquette's mother had been excommunicated and driven from the pack when Aimee was only thirteen years old, after she had defied pack law.

"Of course I don't want to be put out on the street, dad. I just..." Aime frowned, not sure how to complete her sentence. It had dawned on her that she might be excommunicated for waht happened at the Den, but surely they would give her a second chance. She couldn't explain why it was so vital for her to remain drunk, only that she seemed to have a better time while sloshed compared to being sober. She remembered when Raquette's mother had been driven out and under no circumstances wanted that to happen to her, but becoming sober wasn't an easy task for an alcoholic.

"I don't know how to stop drinking."

"Then I suggest you stay in here, until you find the answer to that," Jacques told her.

"That's even if they let me stay here. What if they just kick me out? I did go against orders and go out looking for alcohol instead of staying where I was supposed to. I am a risk to the pack." Aimee frowned and glanced down at her wrapped wrist, knowing that even with her apologies and promises to get sober, despite not knowing how, they might just throw her out anyways.

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that," he told her.

He shook his head and moved from the doorway, leaving Aimee alone in her room to mull over the nights events.

as written by Tiko

Sophia whined and squirmed as Bastien held the pup out for Snow to take.

"Keep an eye on her would you?" he asked.

Once Snow had Sophia in arm, Bastien headed off to join Ragenard and Eliza in the privacy of a closed room. Eliza was already re-iterating her explanation to Ragenard, and he pinched his brow with one hand as if to sooth a growing headache. The whole situation was a fucking disaster, even without the matter of Eliza to deal with.

He still had his gun in his other hand and he switched the safety on and re-holstered it inside his jacket. The odds of Eliza making a run for the door through the entire pack was low, but some precautions were warranted. The last thing they needed was to find out she was packing.

"Up, and turn around," he told her.

He would see to searching her for weapons, while he left the questioning to Ragenard.

as written by Script

Snow's eyebrows rose when Bastien handed Sophia off to him, but he acquiesced, taking hold of her. After Bastien had left the room, he stepped across to where the confrontation had taken place, glancing towards Seri and Hubert. "What happened?"

Seri eyed him for a moment before speaking, "The Eliza girl lied about who she was, and got found out. And something about poison," he waved towards where Carlisle was being helped out of the room.

Frowning, Snow nodded his head before returning his attention to Sophia. "Just sit tight for now, Soph. Your dad will be back in here in a minute." Things just kept stacking up. He'd hoped that the morning would bring a reprieve from the chaos. No such luck, it seemed.

as written by LuLu6214

Eliza stood up and pulled her shirt up above her waistband several inches and turned around placing her hands on the bed, exposing a large partial scar and tattoo on her low back. Set in a small holster on the right side of her back was a Ruger LC9 pistol and a knife on the left. "Right ankle, you'll find a knife as well." She stood there still daring not to move until told otherwise.

Last edited:
as written by Lialore

Cass had watched the poisoned commotion with wide eyes, and since, had been constantly worrying that what had happened was actually down to her shoddy clean up. Surely she should've noticed something...

And it seemed that things weren’t finished going wrong. As Eliza’s story unfolded, her apprehension faded and she watched solidly with hard eyes from behind Seri and Hubert. At least this was definitely not their fault, although she thought some would find a way to pin it on them, no doubt.

She softened when Snow approached, due to both his state and his companion.

Someone else was heading over too, rifle in hand, expression void. He wasn’t far from dragging his feet. Brendan had had enough time to assess the situation in his dreams, which had been confusing and unpleasant. Close enough to the reality for him to avoid consciously going over it all again. He wished he was an even deeper sleeper. Still, he spared a less insensible look for little Sophia.

“’Ey” he said croakily to Snow, after gazing quickly with tired eyes over the new additions. He didn’t want to interrupt the interrogation, and this seemed like the werewolf to go to. He cocked the gun in offering. “She was usin' this. Eliza. Was in the van her and Bastien showed up in. Maybe I shoulda’ realised somethin' was up...” He sighed. Knowing that hardly any of them would have. “I dunno…”

as written by Sokka

Renard nodded to Raquette, as he allowed her to examine his bandages. "It doesn't feel like I'm healing and this head ache is worse than any hangover I've ever had..." He said as he rested his hands on his head.

Renard looked Raquette and spoke slightly louder. "If I make it through this I swear I'm going to hunt each and everyone of them down. There isn't going to be a Scion pack after this, no no they're not even a pack just a bunch of over pompous street rats." He said his voice rising into a growl in them, he was fuming "They're going to pay for everything they've done to us...for every one we've lost because of them." He said his voice livid.

as written by CelticCat

Raquette frowned as she found the wound in the same state it'd been when she'd bandaged it earlier. There were no signs of healing, and it radiated some heat. She quickly re-wrapped the bandage, concerned that Renard would deteriorate like Carlisle had. Most of his angry comments went ignored before her phone chirped out her message. "Can you walk? I can support you back to where Reinhard can look you over after Carlisle."

Then, Raquette stuffed her phone in a pocket and held out her arms to Renard to support him if needed.

as written by Sokka

Renard nodded as he stood up slowly with Raquettes help and then allowed her to lead him to the examining room.

as written by Alara

"There'll be time enough for that later," Reinhard pointed out. "For now we need to see to our own."

Carlisle took a step forward, and seemed steady enough on his feet despite the pale hue of his skin. Reinhard kept near at hand though in case he went down again, and the trio headed towards the back of the building with Renard and Raquette not far behind.

as written by Dashmiel, Tiko, and LuLu6214

Ragenard stood just inside the exam room, leaning by the door. He spared the commotion around Carlisle a final glance as Bastien handed his pup over to Snow, and pulled out one of Baron's cigarettes.

He couldn't keep himself from rolling his eyes as he locked the door behind Bastien and lit up while watching Bastien go about redeeming himself a bit by being smart without needing to be told.

"The problem with your story, y'see, is that it's too convenient. Too neat and pretty, for my taste" Ragenard said as he exhaled a cloud of smoke towards Eliza and grabbed the room's sole chair from one of the corners. "There used to be a time, where a smart lone wolf would know better than to stray into our territory without paying their respects." he finished as he maneuvered the chair in front of the bed, and sat on it.

Bastien tucked Eliza's pistol into the back of his pants before relieving her of the two knives as well.

"There's also the question of why the fuck you waited until now to say something," Bastien growled. "You have to know it looks compromising that you kept quiet about it until now."

"Not my fault you like a messy story, it's the truth regardless." she quipped "I failed to receive the etiquette manual for werewolves when I was bit." Relaxing her posture with her hands still on the bed she glared at Bastien "The reason I said nothing was because last time it resulted in this." Pulling up the back of her shirt she exposed several massive scars and a bite mark on her side that were partially covered by a large tattoo. "Last time I almost died so I thought it best to keep my mouth shut."

"Cute scars" Ragenard mocked as he took another drag and exhaled. It was becoming increasingly apparent to him that she wasn't getting it. She clearly wasn't stupid or soft in the head, but she had no idea of the perilous position she was in.

In a sudden flash of ferocity, Ragenard hooked his right foot around the frame of the bed and jerked it violently towards himself, causing it to roll through Eliza's legs on it's path and hopefully get her ass planted.

"Sit the fuck down!" Ragenard roared as he practically exploded off his chair, grasped the steel back of it, and ripped a chunk off it. "I don't give a fuck about your ignorance in how things are around here, and I sure as fuck don't care about your sob stories about opening up to strangers" he snarled, brandishing his makeshift shank sharp end first towards Eliza.

"I ask. You answer. We start with your full name" Ragenard growled, his tone the epitome of finality.

Eliza tumbled onto the bed and if not for the threat on her life she would have lunged across the room at Ragenard, but now was not the time. She looked down at the makeshift weapon in his hand "My full name is Elizabeth Renard." she clutched the bed sheet in her hand hoping he wouldn't stab her.

"I'm Ragenard Guiscard, Elizabeth. Today you find yourself in the territory of the Bloodstone pack, and unfortunately for you, today is not a good day to arrive suspiciously into this building." Ragenard explained, his sudden shift to a more calm tone marred somewhat by the crude weapon he held.

"Killing you wouldn't take but a minute, and would prevent adding more problems to my list. It's your job today to convince me you're not a problem and that you're worth anything alive, do you understand?" he asked as he hunkered down by the bed in order to get a clear view of Eliza's eyes.

Eliza hesitated for a moment, swallowing hard her heart-rate increased slightly "Yes I understand."

"Good. Here's the most important question, and be careful how you answer it. Are you lying to me, working with someone against this pack?" Ragenard asked gravelly, his muscles tensing subconsciously as he carefully studied Eliza's face for any trace of deception.

Looking him in the eyes she responded "No, I am not."

Ragenard looked deeply into Eliza's eyes for a few moments, not uttering a sound. Without taking his eyes off her, he stood up and held out his hand towards Bastien, "Toss me her gun."

Bastien arched an eyebrow at the request before reaching behind him to withdraw the pistol. He checked briefly to make sure the safety was on before tossing it to Ragenard.

"What are you thinking?" Bastien asked.

"You can tell a lot about a person by the kind of weapons they carry, Bast. That's one of the things I don't expect the pups out there to get, but I hope you know a bit better" he commented placidly as he turned Eliza's gun awkwardly around, the gun's compact profile dwarfed by Ragenard's over-sized hands.

"It's a slim little number. Well maintained and often shot" Ragenard mused as he brought it closer to his face and actually sniffed it before ejecting the magazine.

"Is the ammo silvered?" Bastien asked. "Rowan's people were all packing silver tonight."

"It's not. I'd have sneezed if it was. Fuckers were packing silver because they knew things they shouldn't have" Ragenard replied casually as he pushed the magazine back into the gun and pulled back the slide before looking at Eliza. "You don't pack this to be flashy, no. Not this little thing. You keep it quiet, subtle, and then shock the room with the boom. Same thing with the knives. Not for show, not at all" Ragenard mused, beginning to pace in short tight furrows in front of the bed.

"Yes, I reckon you know how to survive out there. I might even buy your perpetual lone wolf story. Not that it matters much, in the end I either kill you or I don't..." he trailed off as he hunkered before Eliza once again. "I'll give you a choice. You die here quickly by your own gun, or you live out however long it takes to convince me you're not a threat under my gaze, and you pray I don't find cause to kill you then, because it won't be as clean as the end you can choose today" he said coldly, clicking the safety off Eliza's gun for emphasis.

Bastien's expression tightened at Ragenard's ultimatum, but he said nothing on the matter as his eyes found Eliza to await her answer.

Eliza swallowed before answering "Life, I'll prove I'm not a threat to you or the pack." she stated looking to see the reaction of both Bastien and Ragenard.

Ragenard clicked the safety on the gun back on, and tossed it back to Bastien. "I'm sleeping on the last room of the east side. Drop that off there along with the knives later, sometime after you make me a list of everybody packing heat in this building. After that, go hang out with your pup for a bit"

"Yeah, sure," Bastien answered as he tucked the gun back away. He headed for the door, but paused. "How's Baron doing?" he asked over his shoulder.

"Hanging in there like the tough bastard he is" Ragenard replied with a sigh. "Nothing to it but wait until the stubborn fucker wins his fight with recuperation. He gets to nap now, we have shit to do. Get to it." he finished gruffly before turning back towards Eliza. The sound of the door punctuated Bastien's departure, leaving the two alone.

"You're going to do your object best to make sure you're standing on my shadow at all times, yeah? Let's go." Ragenard said casually as he jerked a thumb towards the door.

Eliza hopped up off the bed and quietly followed after Ragenard.

as written by Faithy

The words from her father weren’t comforting, but Aimee supposed they weren’t meant to be. It was her constant need to drink that got her in this predicament and she wasn’t even sure what would happen once the chaos died down and she was spoken to. That bothered her immensely, but there was nothing to be done for the moment, especially since worrying just made her thirsty and not for water. In her mind, the main task she had other than keeping out of trouble was to learn how to stop drinking; a task very difficult for an alcoholic, especially since she was craving booze at that very moment despite tonight being a massive wakeup call. Sitting up, she sighed, wondering who she could talk to about getting over her addiction.

“Dumb ass…” Sliding to her feet, she got hear bearings and ignored how woozy she still felt. Her gaze drifted towards her weapons and she picked the guns up one at a time and holstered them before looking around for her knife. Frowning when it was nowhere to be seen, she decided to head out and ask Bastien since she vaguely remembered him being at the scene with the van they all climbed into. Surely he got it, right? Grabbing her jacket, she started to put it on before just tossing it back on the chair it had been draped across.

“Mrr…” Mumbling as she realized she would have to do more talking, Aimee made her way out into the main room, glancing around at who was within it. She still hadn’t looked into a mirror to see how gnarly her face was, but until the bandages were off, it wouldn’t do her any good. Talk about uncomfortable though. Her wrist was kept against her body to keep it immobile, especially since her luck she’d smack it on something. As she was moving towards a corner, she noted Bastien entering the room and made her way towards him, reaching a hand out to prod him in the arm before bracing herself to speak.

“Hey, did you happen to get my knife?” She hoped he had or the police would be searching for her.

as written by Knosis

Re'Altarm nodded at Reinhard's words. "I do not think you have time to wonder if I'm trustworthy. But if it will get me cleared, very well then." Her eyes shot up to where she had seen Ragenard leave and headed rather nonchalantly in that direction.

Re was not aware of things being different than it would if she had still been human. In her time, she had learned that someone normally took charge of a situation, and most of the time it was a coin toss if you bothered them you'd get your head shot off. Considering the air of the situation with the girl, Re was wondering if the coin was heavier on one side this time.

She peeked down the hallway, listening to see if she could find where Ragenard disappeared to.

as written by Tiko

"If it was at the den, the weapons are all in my trunk outside," Bastien told Aimee as Re'Altarm passed them by in search of Ragenard. "Ragenard's got the place on lockdown though, so you'll need to get it later. Have you heard anything about Vanessa?"

as written by Faithy

"Oh... so, can't even step outside to get some fresh air? Son of a bitch..." The last line was mostly whispered, because there was nothing worse than being locked up with a massive hankering for something to drink, which she supposed was her problem in the first place. Just about to squeeze the bridge of her nose, Aimee stopped herself and just clenched her one good fist at her side. Making a mental note to get her knife from Bastien once Ragenard loosened the reigns a bit, she just nodded with a slight frown, which was about all she could do without being in intense pain. When asked about Vanessa, the nineteen-year-old just shrugged a bit,

"Haven't heard about anyone. I was brought in unconscious and just woke up a bit ago. I'm sure she's alright though. She's a fighter after all, right? Sorry I'm not much more help. I don't even know what happened tonight outside of the fire at the Den." Aimee shrugged again, her fingers sliding through her hair almost to push it out of her face before just letting it drop across the bandages. Her hand was slightly shaky and she wondered if she had it in her to quit drinking cold turkey without turning into a hateful and destructive basketcase. Hopefully or they would kill her or throw her out, neither of which was what she wanted to have happen.

as written by Tiko

"Ah well... I need to take care of some things, but..." Bastien paused and looked around. "See if you can find someone to fill you in."

He moved over to Snow and ruffled the fur on Sophia's head.

"Can you keep an eye on her for a bit longer?" he asked. "I need to do something for Ragenard. And have you heard anything about Vanessa yet?"

Last edited:
as written by Script and Lialore

Snow raised an eyebrow at the rifle that Brendan held, "You probably want to show that to Ragenard," he said, "That's an impressive piece of gear. He'll want to ask her about it."

He shook his head, then. "Nobody realised. We haven't had a reason to be paranoid about new faces for a long time... don't get hung up on it."

Something he knew full well was easier to say than do, or else his own mind wouldn't be full of similar doubts and 'what if's about the way the night had gone.
"A'ight, I'll snag him when I can. Reckon she's got enough on her already to cause a shitstorm" Brendan said, relaxing a little after Snow's consolation. He lowered his arm that held the rifle and sighed.

"An' hey, keep holdin' up" He said, quieter this time, with a comforting pat of Snow's shoulder and smile that he hoped was encouraging.

After a pause, he then craned his neck some, scanning the room, and went back to worrying about where Desmond had got to with a tight jaw.

____

"Sure," Snow answered when Bastien walked over, "But no, I haven't heard anything. I've been trying to get some sleep for the last few hours." Trying being the operative word, as his dishevelled and weary appearance made evident. What happened with your new girl? I caught something about her lying?"

as written by Tiko

Bastien shook his head. "Damned if I know what the fuck is going on anymore," he answered. "But she's not my girl. Not sure who she is or where she came from yet, but Ragenard didn't kill her, so maybe her story will check out."

He paused a moment.

"I'm sorry, about Nieve," Bastien said with a shake of his head. "I got there as quickly as I could."

as written by Script

Snow's expression tightened for a moment, and he took a deep breath before speaking. "It's not your fault," he said quietly. For a moment it looked like he was going to say more, but instead he simply sighed. There was a pause, before he finally added, "It's nobody's fault except the Scions'."

There was no point in airing out his foolish thoughts - questions of if he'd dealt with the vampire he'd been fighting faster, might he have been able to save her? If they'd worked together instead of splitting up to fight alone? There'd been a time when that would have been instinctual. But they hadn't been that close for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back