Boy Next Door

Stephen rocked on the balls of his feet putting his hands behind his back, "I don't mind being late." He had mumbled the words but he had spoken loud enough for anyone close enough to hear. Looking at the boy he saw his smile and flushed a bit. Cute~ Thankfully he didn't say it out loud, that would have been embarrassing. When the boy said he carried a weapon Stephen laughed as his side was hit. "I feel bad for anyone who attacks you. Its cute- I-I mean cute weapon. yea- yea cute weapon."

Stephen had flushed and was grateful as he rubbed his temples, a cute weapon. really Phen? Stephen cleared his throat and rubbed his neck, "I should uhm get to class. I'll see you after for sure though!" Stephen paused for a moment before hurrying off to his class.

"Well, if you don't mind being late, you can walk me to class then walk the 10 feet back to yours." He chuckled.
He went from chuckling to full on laughing after the 'cute weapon' comment. That definitely wasn't what Stephen was trying to say, but he didn't press it. If Ian embarrassed him too bad, he might not wanna meet up for lunch later. He simply waved when Stephen left, then went inside of his classroom.

By the time the lunch bell rang, Ian was standing outside of the same classroom, holding his cane upright. Upright, it went up to his nose. A longer cane is better for a faster walker. Or, y'know. If you have a tendency to smack people with it.

Stephen walked to his class, luckily he was excused since it was his first day. He was sure he could get a pass from the office in the mornings from now on. When he was introduced he wasn't surprised at all, at first when he walked in the boys stared at him like he was a snack and the girls sneered. Of course, once they found out he was a boy the looks quickly changed. He introduced himself keeping it short and simple by saying his name and that he was from overseas.

He was thankful the bell rang, having to introduce himself to each class was tiring. Grabbing his bag he bolted out of the room, not given anyone the chance to ask questions. It wasn't long till he reached the boy's room, seeing him hold the cane Stephen smiled. He walked over and stopped a little away from him so he wouldn't get wacked in the face. "Hey! I'm here! Took me a few I got kinda lost." Stephen laughed a little out of breath from bolting over.

He smiled once he heard his voice. "Hello! It's okay, I see why you were late." He let out a little giggle at his own pun, before taking a step forward. He tapped his cane on the ground twice, then folded it up. He slid it into his bag. He then held out his arm.

He stayed like that for a few moments, before it clicked that Stephen wouldn't know what that meant. "Hold out your arm and bump it into my hand if I do this. Then just, kidnap me." He snickered. "Cafeteria, yeah?"

Stephen chuckled a little at the joke and moved a little closer seeing the boy fold up his cane. He paused for a moment seeing the boy hold out his arm, and was relieved when he explained. "Sounds great. I didn't get the whole arm thing but the explanation was a relief. I can be a bit dense sometimes." Stephen joked and shoved his free hand in his pocket bumping his other arm against the boy's hand before wrapping it around his arm. "So uh...which was in the cafeteria? I forgot my map in the classroom, and I really don't want t go back." He laughed a little and started walking to the main hall where the other classes were.

He held onto his arm like he did earlier, walking with him. "Uhh. Honestly, just follow the herd of students walking in one direction." It was easier to say that than to explain when Stephen didn't know the school layout. "My navigation is based a lot around landmarks but you don't know the landmarks yet. At least, for areas like the school-- I think I can describe stuff out of school." He chuckled. "But for school there's only really 'gym' 'cafeferia' and then room numbers that I need to be next to in order to tell. Isn't school hard to navigate for sighted students, too?"

Stephen looked around and did notice a mass of students headed in one direction, "It is, but this place is way different from where I used to live. Not to mention I'm terrible at landmarks. Not 10% sure how I'm getting home if my GPS decides to not work today." Stephen laughed and followed the mass of students being careful to walk behind everyone, not only for Ian but to keep attention off himself. "So..Have you always lived here?. I mean like are you from the town, did you move here?" Stephen glanced at him, he wasn't 100% sure what to say just yet. When the reached the Cafeteria he stopped at the door. "IS there a place you wanna sit?"

"If you can't make your way home, you could always come hang out with me after school. Y'know. If your GPS just happens to break." He offered, sMooThlY. "And yeah, I've always loved here. Or at least, as far back as I can remember. Could probably navigate half these streets without the cane, er. although the cane is partly so people know go get our of the way."
When asked if there was a place he wanted to sit, he hesitated. Then simply shook his head. He...didn't really go to the cafeteria besides to get food. He usually ate in Mr. Rey's classroom but he didn't want to drag Stephen in there, so a head shake would do. Sitting in the cafeteria probably wouldn't be so bad.

Stephen smiled a little wider hearing the boys offer, "Let's hope it breaks then." Stephen chuckled, not that it would matter, he would take the boys offer regardless, his sister had her after school activities and his mom would be working a little late. Plus, hanging out with his first friend would be a great feat. it wasn't like he had any other friends. He noticed the boy hesitate and wondered if he might feel uncomfortable, he wanted to ask but also didn't want to overstep his boundaries.
After a moment he made his way into the cafeteria and looked around noticing a place in the back, "Wanna get food first?"

He nodded. "Yeah, food would be nice. Go to the line in the back? It'll be one of the shortest, if they ask why, say you're a student aide assigned to help me." He does a quick hip check, bumping his hips against Stephen. An act of pure aggression. War.
...Okay, not really.

Stephen nodded and made his way to the extra line, "Luckily I am a great actor." Stephen smirked and bumped hips back with the boy making his way into the shortest line. When someone questions him he gave his best smile, "Student Aide." When the person didn't question further Stephen was relieved. The cafeteria had always been his least favorite place, he shook the thoughts from his head. He knew they were staring, whispering, talking. He took a breath, not here Phen. He needed to calm down.

Ian didn't speak at all while waiting in the line, having to focus on listening-but-not-too-much. He had to make sure he wasn't being spoken to, or about to be rammed into, while also attempting to tune out the overwhelming sounds of teenagers screaming or talking. The cafeteria was, just-- overwhelming. "I-i don't think I can eat in here," He mutters as his only words.

Luckily, as soon as he said that, they were first in line. The lunch lady looked down at Ian to figure out which student it was, then to his arm around another student with long hair-- A girl? Ooh...She noted this.
"The usual?" She questioned with a smirk she knew Ian wouldn't see, already moving back to grab a tray.
"Mhm-- And another?" He did a slight motion over to Stephen, unaware that she wasn't facing him.
She grabbed another tray, turning around now. She winked at Stephen, holding out two trays. Ian held out his hand and she placed it onto his, then presumably gave Stephen's to Stephen. She typed in Ian's student number for him in order to register 'hey this child has, in fact, eaten.' Legally, is she allowed to do that? Not...exactly. Does she do it anyways because it's better than having Ian fumble over the non-braille numbers for 4 minutes? Yes. It saves both of them time and embarrassment.
Ian pulls his arm away from Stephen, to hold his tray with both hands. "You walk, I'll try to follow and probably get lost?"

When Ian said he didn't think he could eat in there, Stephen was a little relieved. He didn't think he could either for that fact. He might get into a fight, or end up arguing and he really didn't want to look bad in front of Ian.
Stephen watched the interaction between Ian and the lunch lady, before turning his gaze to see her wink at him. Which caused him to flush taking his own plate. Was it because he was with Ian or something else? He punched in his own number not waiting fr the reaction once she read his name and profile on the screen. When Ian pulled his arm away Stephen sighed and grabbed his tray from him. "No, i'll probably get lost too. This place isn't the best place to wander about even when you can see." Stephen moved sho he could bump his arm against Ian's hand, "Hold on, I'll carry your tray. This way neither of us get lost. And you don't have to worry about someone knocking you down. Sound fair?" Stephen would probably end up punching somebody if they knocked Ian or his food over, it was rude and unnecessary. Especially with how anxious this place was making him.

"Oh- okay! Yeah, that sounds good." Ian lets Stephen take his tray, smiling. He's so nice and thoughtful! Ian then hooked arms with him instead of holding onto his upper arm like he would with....er. any other guide.

He realized he did this earlier, too. Hm. He usually reserves this with closer friends, as it's a more affectionate way of being guided. Stephens one of his only school friends, that totally explains why he feels close to him so soon. Right?
....Riiiight.

Stephen was happy when the boy grabbed his arm. He didn't know what he would do if the boy had objected. He took a breath and started walking slowly, he didn't want Ian or the food to fall. He ignored the whispers as he walked past the table. Keeping his focus ahead of him as he headed to an empty table in the back.
"Did you see that's the new kid."
"Apprently it's a boy!"
"What no way he totally looks like a girl, maybe hes a-"
The gossiping girls were cut off by Strix glaring at them.

Ian heard the gossiping; He's blind, he has to focus on his other senses like touch or hearing. He didn't quite understand them, though. Sure, Stephens voice is a bit feminine, but he's still clearly a dude. And his name is Stephen... Maybe it's his clothes? He obviously can't see, but he can feel. Ian reached his other hand over and very casually pat from the side of his ribcage to his knee. "You're not in a dress." He noted, as that's the only clothing that he knows by touch is for women and would have people gossiping. Maybe it's his appearance, then? He nearly started another pat down, but then realized that he's not the TSA and this isn't socially acceptable. He casually went back to holding his arm.

Stephen jumped a little feeling Ian touch him and flushed slightly. When he said he wasn't wearing a dress Stephen laughed as he sat their plates down. "Uh well yea. Why would I be?" He placed their plates side by side and turned grabbing Ian's hand. " you can sit on the inside. If you need anything I can just get up and grab it no worries!" Stephen smiled a bit and sat down after the boy did. "So what's this about the dress?" He looked at the boy curiously, he was hoping it wasn't about what the girls said but figured the worst.

"I dunNo you give off the vibes of a dude who would wear a dress." He snickered. When his hand was grabbed, he didn't react besides sitting down. He was used to people grabbing his hand in an attempt to guide him, even if he didn't like being guided like that. He figured he probably shouldn't admit he was listening to gossip, so instead, he just shrugged. "I dunno, I wear them sometimes, they're nEat and flowy. You give off hippie vibes, hippies wear skirts." The best explanation ever.

Stephen laughed before taking a bite of his food, hearing the boy liked to wear dresses Stephen coughed a little swallowing his food down and laughing. When he calmed down he leaned on his hand, "You don't have to lie, I'm sure you heard them gossiping about me...but, it's sweet that you're being considerate." Stephen's voice was still sweet, but he nudged him a bit. "It's okay to be curious. I'm used to it. If you want you can touch my face. It might help explain things a bit, I-I mean if it's something you wanted." Stephen turned back to his food flushing a bit, mumbling through the last few words in his sentence. What the hell was he saying today, good job Stephen way to embarrass yourself.

"Okay, yeah, I heard. I'm just curious, I don't actually care if you look like a girl, or if they think you do." He shrugged. When asked if he wanted to touch Stephens face, he perked up. Usually people think he's weird when he asks to and he has to explain himself to them. "Yeah!" He quickly held out his hand, bumping it into Stephens chest first. He then brought his hand up, running it along his face for a few moments. He booped his nose, and nearly pulled away entirely, but felt a bit of-- hair. Oh, his hairs long.
He just kinda feels his hair. O H. Its long. "Ooh. Can I braid this sometime?"

Back