Ame Damnee Cathedral of Eden

She gave a small grim laugh. "Yeah. We risk everything just to keep everyone safe." Looks back at Micheal who is in blissful ignorance of the situation and then looking back at the man who taught her how to use her magic for combat and creative uses Uriel her Teacher. "I-I know this isn't the right time to say. But you really have gotten me through some hard times... Especially when my father died in duty... And when Jacob died.. You've been like a second father to me." Blushing due to not being used to actually reveling her feelings in this way. "Sorry i'm babbling. The point is... Your good at making even the darkest situations.. Better." She hoped she got her message across in her jumbled unprepared Pep talk.

Uriel scratched the back of his head. "Well... I don't know what to say, really. I always glad to help, you know that. " he said, smiling softly.

"Will you bring Micheal to the funeral?. I... won't be able to keep an eye on him during It as I would rather be present."

She gave a heavy sigh "I really wound prefer to bring him.... But i can't keep the idea of death away from him forever. *as much as i'd like to.*" She put her hand on Uriel's shoulder. "take care, Teacher." She walks over to were Micheal was waiting when in arms reach she held his small hand and they walked in the direction of the Residential Zone. No doubt going to prepare for when he Funeral starts.

Rythe, Hallways of the Cathedral

Rythe quickly broke away the stone encasing surrounding him, simultaneously shattering the statue of the angel standing to the side of the hallway. Stepping out and stretching for a moment, he looked back at his work, sighting a statue with its entire front-side missing with stone crumbles laying about nearby. Sighing to himself, he tossed the stone shards into the empty cavity of the angel and cautiously picked it up, walking towards the nearest disposal bin. Every time he possessed a proxy, his body would be sealed into these stone angel statues to provide a safe hiding location for him. Eventually, the others wandering through the Cathedral would notice the occasional disappearance of the stone sculpture and its reappearance... what then? Crumbling the remainder of the shell, he wrapped the shards in the burlap sack before tossing it in the trash.

Rythe's Personal Bedroom
A typical chore, he was quite accustomed to the routine of disposing of the evidence and reequipping himself every time. He returned to his personal room before changing into his white robes as well as lighter and smaller bits of his armor, mostly the peripherals. He sheathed his wind-blade, Shift at his side while attaching The Eclipse to his back utilizing strong magnets to latch onto the blade and hold. Pausing for a moment, he pulled on the remainder of his armor, grunting under the weight of the shoulder plates. The quickly approaching burial ceremony for the Grandmaster certainly was entitled to having the formality. Finally, he pulled up his hood, feeling the magicked shadow shroud his face, and stared at the reflection of himself in the mirror.

Rhiannon - Streets outside of Cathedral of Eden, District of Avalon

The vampire looped her arms around the arm of each man closest to her in a manner of drawing the closer, her parasol leaned against Brutus’ shoulder, “We should stay here as there is no telling when they will begin,” Pointing with her chin she motioned to a spot near a fountain, “Let’s sit for now. Just keep your voices low when you speak.”

She honestly didn’t wait for them to reply as she pulled them towards the place. Rhiannon was proud of both of them. They brought her so much joy and happiness in a life that she was sure she would simply allow herself to fade from eventually. They had given her a reason to not close up shop and seek the punishment of the Wardens for being that which was hated and brought nothing but sorrow.

Had she the tears to cry she would have. Her human family had all perished before her fiftieth year as a vampire. She had told herself that she could be a light in the ever growing darkness.

Uriel, standing by the cathedrals doors

Uriel watched the mother and her child leave from the cathedrals doors and he stepped out, looking around. It didn't take him long to spot the other three people there, just walking towards the fountain. Well... pulled towards it by the woman, he recognised her as the vampiress.

Uriel wondered whether he should stat or not. But as for now they seemed busy enough and he didn't wish to interrupt them, he remained where he was.
He let out another sigh, not feeling well, not feeling well at all. He would need to invite Astaroth over soon, seeing the current turn of events. Surely the other knew of the old wardens death already... oh. Raakshados... would probably be quite affected, or maybe not, the man had more different faces than a shop full of dolls. And only time would tell them which were true and which were a façade. Though Uriel suspected he already know which were which. He'd pay Raakshados a visit if only because of courtesy.

The archangel batted his wings and took off. Leaving the cathedral.

Vrah- Streets outside of Cathedral, New Edan.
@RyunaSiege @jrusso20

His mixed emotions seemed to drift away as Rhiannon looped her arm around his, she was right the funeral would start at any moment, god forbid he wasn't there to attend the funeral because the grand master would tear him a new one for such an act.
Vrah was pulled to the fountain located near the cathedral, he did not resist even slightly, he would happily obey his friends wishes. sitting down next to Rhiannon and Brutus a thought came to mind " I wonder if the Grand Master will make a public announcement of this incident after the funeral... it is possible that he may have all the wardens meet in private and give us a plan of action. I feel the public should be aware of any and all danger that may surround them, it would allow all citizens to be and guard and stay observant. "

ACTIVE, REACTIVE EVOLUTION ABILITIES.
- Enhanced senses: Hearing, smell, touch, taste.
-Enhanced reflexes: Cat like reflexes, able to maneuver in ways seemingly impossible for a human.
-super dense bone structure, 3.53 g/cm3 ( density of diamond. )
REASON FOR ADAPTION.
being a warden, Vrah is highly suspicious of random attacks on New Edan, as well as himself.

Brutus Magnolia- Streets outside of Cathedral

As Rhiannon pulled the two men over to the bench, Brutus saw the Angel he knew as Uriel take flight. He'd known the Ethereal as a boy, Uriel had helped him and his mother get situated in New Eden. He never knew for sure whether his mother revealed hers and Brutus' true nature to Uriel, but he always tried to avoid the man when he could, never trusted someone who wanted to have his nose in everybody's business.

As they took their seats, Brutus resisted the urge to keep his arm intertwined with Rhiannon's, figuring that would be too forward of him and listened to Vrah as he contemplated the day's possible events. The fact that the Wardens don't even know what their own Grandmaster is planning concerned him, but he'd chalk it up to the sudden transition of power. "Well hopefully this new grandmaster of yours announces some plan of action. Folks 'round here need some good news, else New Eden's never gonna be the same."

Rhiannon felt at times that it was her job to be the logical one of the tiny group. Her mind wondered as she found herself leaning slightly against Brutus his scent made her relax. The world around them was going to hell in a handbasket and no one knew why. It was just the way things were in her mind.

The two men chatted across her while she thought of different patterns she could make for the toys she wanted to make for the children who had lost someone, “Rabbits…” She thought for a moment, “Brutus, do we have rabbit furs at the lodge or at the shop?” The vampire couldn’t quite remember. She was sure they did. But how many?

Vrah- Streets outside of the Cathedral, New Edan.
@RyunaSiege @jrusso20

Vrah was quite relaxed sitting with his two friends, he was thankful for them, he felt like they made one another complete. Brutus the fierce hunter yet gentle giant, he was harmless unless of course he wished you harm. Rhiannon the smart, cool headed, logical thinker, she could always keep the boys in their place and calm them. Vrah, the Warden, he like Brutus a fierce hunter,he is able to adapt to any situation giving them all the advantage under any circumstances even if it meant getting out alive. Rabbit fur? Vrah couldn't image what Rhiannon had planned to do with rabbit fur but if she needed some he wold be happy to help, " Rhiannon if we do not have any rabbit furs i would be happy to acquire them for you, i would prefer to go alone and leave Brutus in your company. " A sudden thought crossed Vrahs mind, he began to look around observing everything around him rapidly, " Perfect opportunity!" He realized that this situation was perfect for an assassination attempt on the grand master, or even worse an attack on the entire city of New Edan. Vrah's body adapted to the situation, he was now blind but could everything around him without his eyes, all of his other senses enhanced to such a degree that he could mentally construct an image of the surrounding environment. His brain began emitting radio waves that travel outward and bounce off everything around him then return to his brain where they are constructed into a three dimensional 360 degree image, and all the sounds around him were emitting echoes bouncing off everything and every one letting him know the distance between him and all the objects his brain was creating a three dimensional image of . " My friends, i had a sudden thought, all of us gathering here in one spot may actually be a bit dangerous, like serving our lives upon a silver platter for death itself. My body has adapted to this situation that may or may not exist just be aware of your surroundings. " His new found sight was extraordinary, he wished everyone could see things in this way, if only he could make others adapt not just himself then everybody would be a lot safer.

Blind- Vrahs eyes have lost their vision.
Superhuman Touch-
he can feel the presence of a person standing five feet away from him simply by his or her body heat and disturbance of air. The sense of touch is not just external, but internal too (central nervous system), thereby giving him the ability to have total body control, increasing his strength and reflexes to peak human levels enough to tip over a large car, increasing his agility and balance to enhanced human levels, and also giving him the ability to numb himself to pain.
Superhuman Smell- his ability to remember smells enables him to identify any person he has spent at least five minutes with by smell alone, no matter how he or she might try to camouflage his or her natural body odor. His powers of concentration are such that he can focus upon a single person's smell and follow it through a crowd of people at a distance of fifty feet.
Superhuman Hearing- He can hear a person's heartbeat at a distance of over twenty feet, or people whispering on the other side of a standard soundproofed wall. he is able to control his hearing acuity, mentally blocking out specific sounds like his own breathing and heartbeat, all ambient sounds to a normal human level of perception, or all sounds but a particular sound he is concentrating upon. his superhuman hearing acts as an aid in processing, filtering, and interpreting the feedback of his radar/sonar sense to actually give him a three-dimensional picture of his surroundings.
Sonar Sense- All the sounds around him emit sonar waves, that are actually "echoes" that bounce off objects in his surrounding environment, and listen to the echoes that return from various objects near him , and use these echoes to locate and identify the objects.
Radar Sense-The signal emanates radio waves from regions of his brain, after which it travels outward, bounces off objects around him, and returns to receiving regions of his brain. With this ability, he can synthesize a very close analogue of three-dimensional three hundred and sixty degree human sight.
Proximity Sense- This ability is the combination of all other senses and can allow Vrah to mentally reconstruct his surroundings.
Retractable Prehensile Tail- A Prehensile tail about 6 ft long that is retractable, it is the same color as Vrahs skin and will change if his skin color changes, he can use it to grab a hold of things (weapons, tree limbs, people etc. ) his tail is as strong as his legs, making it a great weapon.
Blood Manipulation- Vrah can manipulate his own blood, enabling him to control it's shape, solidify it controlling it's density and hardness, can turn blood into tools, objects, weapons, puppets and other items.

REASON FOR ADAPTION

The funeral for the warden has made Vrah aware that everybody is in danger of a surprise attack, most of New Edans citizens are going to be there and all of the Wardens should be to, it would be the perfect time for an assassination attempt on the grand master or for a full fledged declaration of war.

Brutus Magnolia - Streets outside of Cathedral

Brutus couldn't help but shove his hand into his face at Vrah's outburst. Being able to adapt to any situation also made the human very paranoid. They were trying to keep the public from panicking, not inciting a panic themselves. He pinched the bridge of his nose, suppressing a headache, Vrah's unexpected shout had also done a number on Brutus' sensitive ears.

"First of all, Rhiannon I think we still have some leftover rabbits fur in the shop, if not I can go check the lodge after the funeral while you open up shop. Second, Vrah calm the hell down." At that he lowered his voice so that no more attention could be drawn to the trio. "Even if there could be an assassination attempt, every Warden is going to be in attendance, only a fool would challenge that much power. You didn't even have to adapt this time, I'm lycan remember? My sense are heightened enough that I'd be able to hear or smell an assassination attempt from a mile away. So just relax."

Brutus leaned back in his seat and stared up at the sky. This is going to be long day. He thought to himself, wishing the funeral would hurry up and start already.

Rythe - Entrance of the Cathedral

Having equipped his armor, Rythe stepped out of the Cathedral, squinting at the dim sun. It had been quite a long time since he had personally been out in the sun, with the death of the Grandmaster and constant usage of proxies. His eyes glanced around the streets leading into the Cathedral, spotting a three by the fountain along with a few citizens mulling about. If I remember correctly... I haven't exactly made myself known to this generation yet. Have I seen that vampire before?... Sighing to himself, he spread his wings, stretching for a moment before launching himself forward, towards the main gates, where the funeral procession would soon begin.

A heavy sigh escaped the female before she annoyedly grabbed the Warden by the ear, “Didn’t I make myself clear that you should be quieter?” Her voice held a hint of that very well contained power she had. She didn’t aim to hurt him but she did aim to get him to realize just how many gazes they had on them. After all she had seen two angelic beings so far and it made her wish even more to be invisible.

After a moment more she let go of him and acted as if her nails were more important suddenly. She heard and even felt the sounds of distant horns. The day was beginning and she was already in need of a resperate.

Rene'ilyah
Cathedral of Eden, Avalon District

Silent. Contemplative. Solemn. Renee silently stood at the corner of the cathedral, waiting for the body to arrive. Not the grandmaster's, no, at this point she could not care less about that. The procession must have started by now, so she didn't bother to go by the main gates. It was almost surreal to think that her father is now dead. She was far too young when her mother died, far too young to care. But now that her father has passed on as well, Warden Rikbiel, she had never felt so alone in her life. She closed her eyes and prayed for Aditi to take care of his soul, wherever souls went. She wasn't sure if it could be heard. Perhaps the Goddess no longer lives. Perhaps it was pointless to keep on praying. Her vision blurred from tears yet to fall, but she brushed them away with the back of her hand.

Stand your ground. Warriors do not cry. She could almost hear his voice, telling her to hold her tears. That's right. For once she would obey, and for now, she promised to herself that she will hold her tears. Because that's what he would have wanted.
The Cathedral is almost painfully beautiful, as beautiful as the first time she had visited it. But beauty ran pale in her sea of grief. At least for today, just for today, she will not be an artist, but a daughter.

Vrah- Streets outside of the Cathedral, New Edan
@jrusso20 @RyunaSiege

Vrah was a bit shocked that somebody that had been a avid hunter in Oblitus would be so careless about the situation. " I am calm, my heart rate is regular, as is my breathing. My mind is clear and collected." He stopped there as he recalled a few creatures he had observed in Oblitus, many dangerous demons and other creatures roamed the desolate land outside of New Edan, many whom would gladly attack and kill as many as they could before being killed themselves. A grand master warden had just been slaughtered, it was not an impossible thought that the same creature would attack now.

Vrah stood to his feet as he heard the procession move from the outskirts to the marketplace, they stared to near the Cathedral,. He was proud to be a Warden and knew the Grand Master would want everybody attending to be respectful of not just him, but all the other lives lost in this unfortunate massacre. " Stand up my friends, let us show our respect to our fallen comrades. "

Blind-
Vrahs eyes have lost their vision.
Superhuman Touch-
he can feel the presence of a person standing five feet away from him simply by his or her body heat and disturbance of air. The sense of touch is not just external, but internal too (central nervous system), thereby giving him the ability to have total body control, increasing his strength and reflexes to peak human levels enough to tip over a large car, increasing his agility and balance to enhanced human levels, and also giving him the ability to numb himself to pain.
Superhuman Smell- his ability to remember smells enables him to identify any person he has spent at least five minutes with by smell alone, no matter how he or she might try to camouflage his or her natural body odor. His powers of concentration are such that he can focus upon a single person's smell and follow it through a crowd of people at a distance of fifty feet.
Superhuman Hearing- He can hear a person's heartbeat at a distance of over twenty feet, or people whispering on the other side of a standard soundproofed wall. he is able to control his hearing acuity, mentally blocking out specific sounds like his own breathing and heartbeat, all ambient sounds to a normal human level of perception, or all sounds but a particular sound he is concentrating upon. his superhuman hearing acts as an aid in processing, filtering, and interpreting the feedback of his radar/sonar sense to actually give him a three-dimensional picture of his surroundings.
Sonar Sense- All the sounds around him emit sonar waves, that are actually "echoes" that bounce off objects in his surrounding environment, and listen to the echoes that return from various objects near him , and use these echoes to locate and identify the objects.
Radar Sense-The signal emanates radio waves from regions of his brain, after which it travels outward, bounces off objects around him, and returns to receiving regions of his brain. With this ability, he can synthesize a very close analogue of three-dimensional three hundred and sixty degree human sight.
Proximity Sense- This ability is the combination of all other senses and can allow Vrah to mentally reconstruct his surroundings.
Retractable Prehensile Tail- A Prehensile tail about 6 ft long that is retractable, it is the same color as Vrahs skin and will change if his skin color changes, he can use it to grab a hold of things (weapons, tree limbs, people etc. ) his tail is as strong as his legs, making it a great weapon.
Blood Manipulation- Vrah can manipulate his own blood, enabling him to control it's shape, solidify it controlling it's density and hardness, can turn blood into tools, objects, weapons, puppets and other items.

REASON FOR ADAPTION

The funeral for the warden has made Vrah aware that everybody is in danger of a surprise attack, most of New Edans citizens are going to be there and all of the Wardens should be to, it would be the perfect time for an assassination attempt on the grand master or for a full fledged declaration of war.

Brutus Magnolia - Streets outside of Cathedral

Brutus could see Rhiannon getting visibly frustrated at Vrah's constant outbursts. Since the two of them became friends, Brutus had been learning about 'tact' as she puts it. He's learned how to deflect tension in a situation by saying the right things at the right moments. This skill is obviously one that Vrah still has yet to learn. He put a reassuring hand on Rhiannon's shoulder and gave her a look that said I got this, and with a wink, he got up and stood facing Vrah.

Brutus' tone was low and even. "Vrah, you're making a scene. By talking so loudly about a possible attack, you're worrying all the kind civilians around us, making them think we could still be under threat when we don't even know for sure what's happening yet. So what I want you to do, is go protect the Grandmaster's casket, you know, be with your order, and try to keep your mouth shut until the service is over. Once all your Warden business is done, swing by the shop and we'll all discuss the situation from there. Got it?"

He didn't want to sound so harsh to his friend, but right now he needed to be with his order, surrounded by people who could curb his enthusiasm and keep him respectful. If Rhiannon's ear pull couldn't get him under control, then her and Brutus weren't the ones to perform that task. He just hoped Vrah would take the hint.

Rhiannon stood carefully as she drew her parasol to where it was closed. Her hand went to Brutus’ out of a ever growing habit. The procession surprised her as she gazed up to see the crystals and blue flames. It seemed someone knew how to spread the warmth that the once great man had given quite freely. He was gentle and spunky she remembered from the times he came to her shop asking if one of her many dresses might look better than the armor he wore.

The man had been well known as one to overpay for things. Nearly everything she found out after some local marketplace chatter one day. She would miss him dearly it seemed.

A small handful of Warden’s and various militia forces slowly begun to spread out across the outlying areas of the cathedral, blocking streets, standing guard on roofs, and even securing the entrance to the cathedral. They did this quietly at first, almost subtly before moving inward as they begun directing traffic away from the cathedral in order to clear the streets and form a path for the procession which was slowly headed this way.

“Get a move on!” A Warden would shout, their voice carrying over the rabble. The process would be seamless, carried out with respect and dignity while giving each citizen not only the right, but privilege to witness the procession if they so choose.

As the procession began to march through the two columns of wardens, each raised their swords in a showy flourish as the Grandmaster's coffin passed between them. Their finely polished and sharpened blades shone brightly in the dim winter day as they rose in succession, one after another. The music swelled into a loud and grand fanfare as the towering Cathedral doors slowly swung open to welcome them. The swords were held rigidly up in the air until the Grandmaster entered through the arch into the building's central courtyard, open to the air. A thunderous slam followed the funeral as the blades slammed against the shields, ringing through the air as they finally arrived the Cathedral. The pallbearers approached the pedestal, delicately placing the coffin upon the marble slab before taking their places among the onlookers.

The open air plaza of the building remained serene in comparison to the rest of the city. Oaks, elms, spruces were spread around with the occasional family of avians nesting in the trees, having been grown decades ago as well as serving as the home of the birds for generations. Small gardens are found throughout the area, occasionally next to a pond of sorts with the quiet swishing of the fishes. Small paved paths snake through the vegetation with a single large paved area for ceremonies such as the funeral.

Brutus Magnolia - Streets outside the Cathedral

Feeling Rhiannon's hand searching for his, Brutus took it and squeezed reassuringly. Looking past his friend he could see the procession entering the Cathedral. Placing a hand on Vrah's shoulder he said "Go. We'll meet again once this whole thing is dealt with." Leading Rhiannon through the interior of the Cathedral, they found seats towards the back of the crowd while indicating the Vrah should be up front with the rest of the Wardens.

As the pallbearers placed the coffin upon the slab Brutus looked to Rhiannon, sadness filling his eyes. The last funeral he'd attended was his mother's, hardly anyone had appeared for that because at the time his family was still mostly unknown within New Eden. Seeing all of these people crowding the cathedral to mourn a man they may never have met, filled his heart with jealousy and sorrow. He also was forced to face the inevitable force of death once more, he knew his lifespan was long as a Lycanthrope, and Rhiannon was immune to natural causes of death as a vampire, but their lives could be cut short from just one wrong move, one horrific accident. "I'm scared Rhiannon. If this could happen to one of the most respected men in the city, what could happen to us." He looked to the floor in pain. "I can't lose you, or Vrah. You're the only family I have and I don't want to lose you..."

Back