Ame Damnee Cathedral of Eden

Rhiannon - Cathedral of Eden, District of Avalon

Rhiannon blinked at the man next to her. He always surprised her with his need for them to be safe. She leaned in and rested her head on his shoulder. Her heart felt sad but for a moment she could taste hope on the wind. They would protect those around them even if they didn’t understand that they did it for the simple desire to see a future worth dying for.

Each and every warrior that died and those that were still out there fighting were fighting for a future that they believed was full of joy and peace. She wanted to fight for it as well. She wanted to fight for it with the man sitting next to her. They shared much of their lives with each other as it stood. It was hard to believe that it all started out as an accident. A simple misunderstanding really. She tried to focus on the sermon but found her mind lingering on things better left alone for now.

Ryuna, Cathedral of Eden, District of Avalon

The kitsune danced gracefully among the little ones. The closer they got to the cathedral she noticed a fairly large group of children of various ages standing around a woman with beautiful brown hair twisted up into a bun. A blue and black top hair sat on her head with a black veil trailing from the pins of blue roses that held it to the velvet hat. Her rich amber eyes were searching the various faces for someone she knew well. Coraline’s eyes met Ryuna’s as the kitsune waved for the woman and children to come to her. The woman was going to wait till the wardens passed but found a few of the younger children breaking free of the lines to run to their Mother Fox as they often called her. Their faces were of joy at seeing her.

Smiling widely the kitsune picked two them up then tried to wrap the others in her tails for a group hug. The two she had picked up were twins, Kimi and Kili. Their rich green eyes stare up at her as they hugged her. These were her children. Her orphans. She guided them forward with pushes from her tails. Coraline stepped into place beside Ryuna as the other older children whispered their greetings to the kitsune. As they moved forward she wondered if Raakshdos had seen the proud brood they often tended to. Was he proud of them in the same way she was? The family was twenty-five strong and more would be added today.

They followed everyone into the large church. Ryuna’s flames drifted up into the rafters while a the flames of the torches and candles that lit the space slowly turned blue effected by her magic. She found a section of pews and directed the orphans to file in and be respectively quiet now. She noticed a child off by themselves and wandered over to them. Kneeling down next to them she placed a hand on their head, “You are not alone.”

Ratchel and Micheal
Cathedral of Eden, District of Avalon

Micheal being carried by his mother looked at Ryuna and the children in wonderment, true he had seen mr's Ryuna before when his mother couldn't find a baby sitter and she had to bring him along with her to a gathering. Micheal would sometimes wonder off if something spiked his interests or if he just got bored roaming around the castle and sneaking around the guards just for fun, though he would get lost and somehow always wonder into a garden were Ryuna seemed to always be. More times than he could count she would always led him back after he got lost.

Ratchel sighed as the floating crystals floated back to her and attached themselves on her wings. The kids all smiled at her and Micheal as i thanks for the light show that she and Ryuna used to lift them up. Ratchel sitting down on a nearby bench.

Rene'ilyah
Cathedral of Eden, Avalon District

As the procession entered the cathedral, all Renee could do was stare. She wasn't quite sure where her father's body is, which of these caskets is he, but it didn't matter. She stood up with her head held high as the procession passed her, despite the grief ripping at her heart. What do you wish to accomplish by dying, father? she thought to herself. Dying all of a sudden... its stupid. Even then the tears are clouding her vision, she didn't let them fall. She was so silent in the corner that no one would think that this funeral is personal to her.

She saw how the people reacted, everyone looking gloomy and uneasy of the deaths that has passed, except for the little kids, it seems. Outside, a kitsune knelt down on a boy and muttered. "You are not alone." It was an ironic thing to overhear. I am alone now. she thought. But I'm alone and free. Since she had gotten the news about his father's death, she couldn't help but wonder if the trade-off was worth it. Regardless, there's nothing she could do. Fate slashed down Death's scythe on her father. It was already his time.

Avalon District - Cathedral of Eden
Sigeward Zane
Funeral procession - Crowd
The tall man head could be seen poking out of the crowd, a few inches taller than most commoners. The hood of his elegant leather and cloth armour was pulled down in respect for the dead. A fist clenched on his heart, he stared forward with mixed emotions. The deserter's gravely voice spoke out "It's only now that things get interesting, what a waste. May you find peace in death." A touch of anger punctuated his tone for he would've once loved to be part of this expedition. The man had values, and even his hatred for the holy pigeons plaguing the city couldn't stop him from paying respect to the corpses who were for the most part, old comrades and sparring partners.

Sigeward turned back, slowly making his way out of the denser part of the crowd to simply observe from afar. A quick tug on his hood pulled it back into position over his whitening blond hair in a late attempt to preserve anonymity. Children, adults, angels, most were in sorrow. The man heard a couple of names, recognised names, names of fathers from whom he still had scars on his body from sparring. He smiled at the thought, a weird detail to smile at.

Priscilla Shaw
ezgif.com-8756441b79.jpg
Priscilla stepped silently into the huge, seemingly sacred building filled to the brim with humans and strange angel-like beings she had never seen before in her life but assumed where the wardens, the same ones she had seen traveling the perimeter of New Eden upon her entry into the city. She wouldn't have known about them if it hadn't been for the kind couple she had met about a week back that had allowed her shelter in their home. They had treated her like a daughter, and now she felt rather mean for stealing that food from them, but she would soon forget that, at least she hoped. Her face was beaten from the sun, tan and tough, her normally bright-red hair was now greasy with grime and dirt, the same went for her clothes, which seemed to have various rips in them. Priscilla didn't exactly smell the best either and was rather starving, the only signs of this were her sunken cheeks and unnaturally boney hands.

What she had planned on doing upon entering the city was getting some food and water immediately, but she had suddenly become overwhelmed with a deep sadness as the most depressing yet hopeful music she had ever heard flooded her mind and caressed her senses. She was technically and adult, but she felt almost like a child listening to her mother's singing as the wonderous music swept the great hallway of the church. She probably stuck out like a sore nail in the expanse of common folk scattered around, she almost didn't notice the blatantly obvious coffin resting upon a pedestal in the centre. "A funeral.." The scarlet girl whispered hoarsely under her breath, wondering if she was desecrating this place somehow with her very presence.
This place was nothing like Abbadon, nothing like it at all..

Uriel, inside the Cathedral

Uriel had come walking with the people after the deceased warden's casket. However, he had to walk up ahead and into the Cathedral to make sure everything would be in perfect order. And at first sight... it seemed like it was.

The archangel had his wings hidden so he wouldn't shove people away unintencionally with his huge feathersx which could also end everywhere at times and be a little unnerving.

From where he was standing, he watched the people as they enteres the Cathedral, most of them were familiar faces with sour expressions, but it was a day to be sad and weep after all.

Then, there she was. A new face, a red haired lady who walked into the Cathedral looking a little lost. She turned towards this and that direction, looking around. Uriel guessed that she had to be new in the city, otherwise he was pretty sure that he'd remember her, so he approached her calmly and greeted her with a soft smile on his face.

"Welcome to New Edens cathedral, lady. I'm guessing you're new around here?"

Brutus Magnolia - Cathedral Interior

Brutus had been sitting quietly, listening to the sermons with Rhiannon's head on his shoulder when all of a sudden he smelt something foul. To a less observant nose it wouldn't have registered amongst the throng of people within the Cathedral, but to Brutus it stuck out like a sore thumb. The lycan quickly began searching for the nasty individual who had refused to shower for this occasion when he noticed a young scarlet haired girl who looked like she'd been on the run for weeks. Briefly he wondered if he had looked so disheveled when he first arrived in New Eden.

"I'll be right back Rhiannon, wait up for me ok?" Brutus said as he stood up to approach the girl. He wasn't the only one who noticed her however as Uriel managed to grab her attention first. Cursing his bad luck he decided not to leave his job half done and approached the two anyway. "Morning master Uriel, figured you'd be with your order up front?" It was strange that the Ethereal had lagged so far behind the procession. As he took in the girls features he noticed that even in his human form, he towered over the girl and squat down next to her so as not to intimidate her. "Hello to you to young lady, don't think I've seen you around. No offense intended but from the smell of you, you've probably been hanging around Oblitus for a while huh? What brings you to New Eden?"

Priscilla Shaw
ezgif.com-8756441b79.jpg
Suddenly, a voice appeared from behind Priscilla, shocking her away from listening to that mysterious music and flooding her mind with panick. She reached deep into the bundle of clothes wrapped around her body and gripped the old beaten sword passed on to her, considering the person now standing before her an enemy, she gripped the sword momentarily as her heart thumped numerous times a second as though she had done something wrong, which she had, but they couldn't possibly have known that. She glared up at the man for a moment before forcing her weak and frail body to relinquish the sword, knowing she wouldn't be strong enough to take anyone on and hoping he wasn't here to imprison her for stealing.

"I-I.. I am.. uh.. Yes.." she blundered in a croaky voice, her throat sounding horribly dry and parched from dis-use and lack of hydration. "I am new." She finished, unwilling to reveal more information. Her eyes dizzily darted around in a panicked fashion, searching for any further ambushes along with a way of escape, the music having since managed to drift out of her mind completely and allowing her to experience the annoying requirementsof her body once more. She was filthy and hated it, but doubted she would get anything soon, after all, if this place were anything like Abbadon, everyone was on their own unless you were family or very good friends
"I'm here on.. Family business.." she grumbled reluctantly to the now crouching man that had suddenly poofed out of nowhere, causing her heart to flare up once more, making her feel more defensive and frightened simultaneously. "It's personal." Was all the further explanation she gave.
@Astaroth @jrusso20

Last edited:
Uriel looked towards... Brutus, if he remembered correctly. " I will be once everyone has settled and it is time. " he answered the man, smiling softly and looking down at the young woman once again.

"Don't worry, you don't have to tell us all the details. If you'd like, stay during the mass. After the funeral I will help you with anything you need. " He said. " As he mentioned before, my name is Uriel, one of the Ethereals. " He told the red haired woman. She would most likely need some help to settle down and get a house, maybe start a business...

Ratchet
inside the Cathedral

Looked at the two giant sized men compared to the small frail thing that was setting their.... looking like the woman was in a desperate need of a shower though Ratchel wouldn't say that to her, especially since this was a funeral.It than dawned on her that she has never seen this Woman before, maybe after she'd show this new comer around sure Uriel would help the girl out but hay Ratchel pretty much was the same when it came to giving others a hand. She would have to join her fellow wardens soon.

Brutus Magnolia - Cathedral interior

The girl looked like a wounded animal fighting for survival, obviously she'd been on her own a long time, not very trusting. He'd seen her move for her sword as Uriel approached but he could tell that the girl was just scared. He could only grin at Uriel's kindness, never one to turn down a charitable act, but Brutus knew the man couldn't keep his promise. "Ah, Uriel, as giving as you were when me and my mom first entered the city. You're probably gonna have your hands full with all the other poor souls who lost someone yesterday though, let me take care of this girl. How about it? You look like you could use some food and I make a mean steak if I do say so myself."

Last edited:
Priscilla Shaw
ezgif.com-8756441b79.jpg
Upon hearing all the offers of sanction and bodily function fulfilments, Priscilla would have drooled at the idea of food or drink at this point, but she simply wanted hydrated enough to do so. She managed to restrain hersel fnad politely said "Alright..." resigning to the whims of the two speaking to her and the third approaching woman. She was expecting some trick sooner or later, maybe they knew her talents and expected to benefit from it, but she really couldn't think straight enough to say no to their offers. Priscilla had gotten lost on the wide expanses between the two cities and developed a new fear, she just wanted to, as childish as it sounded, to go home and sit with her parents, but sadly, that wasn't an option, and now she was a thief trying to blend in with seemingly kind people that could possibly want to keep her for themselves. That had been one of the other reasons her parents had sent her away from Abbadon, it was simply too risky for her to stay there, and so, they gave her a nickname to use.
"I am.. Risk, by the way." Priscilla croaked, her dirt-stained hands returning limply to her sides, her arms like sticks and simply looking like a walking, living corpse.
@Astaroth @OmniversalRPer @jrusso20

Ratchel
Cathedral interior

Ratchel was curious about the conversation between the three of them so in her usual way she decided to get a closer look. Either way she had to get up and be with the wardens when the funeral really started so she might as well mingle while she has the time, though she caught the name of this stranger..... Risk.. Either her parents had a strange sense of humor or that wasn't her real name, but Ratchel didn't have an suspicions of any malice intent probably just nerves. "Hello." She said as friend as she could manage without her noise scrunching up cursing her bloodhound like noise. "Sorry if i'm cutting in, i just noticed that your new and might need some guidance." She looked to the beast of a man who stood taller than her. "Your brutus right ?" This being the first time she had actually physically talked to the man only really hearing him through word of mouth or by observing from a distance when she was free of work. Ratchel always seemed to be the magnet for somehow running into important people.

Rhiannon - Cathedral of Eden, District of Avalon

The vampire glanced up at the male she was snuggled against. His expression told her all too well what was going on also she could smell it too. But what caught her attention was the starved look on her face. She decided to wait for a moment before she stood gracefully and wonder over to the little group, “Pardon me,” Her blue eyes danced over everyone in the group with a bit of a wise motherly glint in her eyes, “You don’t have to stay here. If you like I will take you back to my shop and you can get a meal at the tavern on the way out. A bath and clean clothes would be nice right now, no?”

The woman held her hand out to the younger woman, “I’m Rhiannon by the way. I hope the others have told you who they are as well,” Her blonde head lifted so she could look up at Uriel, “You and Ratchel are needed with the Wardens for now. Come by the shop later to pick her up as I’m sure you will be best at getting her a suitable home. If not Ms. Coraline likely has space.”

“Also Ratchel, the tunic and pants you requested are finished you can pick them up any time today. I should be in the shop,” She informed the angel.

Ratchel
Cathedral interior

"Thank you for informing me." Ratchel bowed, her respect for Rhiannon was great almost like a mother. Hell she practicly was her mother due to her father..... Ratchet started towards the Wardens as they were gathering but stopped. "Would it be too much trouble to take Micheal with you ? I'm most likely going to be to busy to look after him..." her tone betrayed she was clearly sadden that she couldn't spend as much time as she wanted with her only child.

Uriel thought the amount of people approaching the newcomer was being a little excessive. However, they were just trying to be friendly and welcoming, so at least there was that.
The vampiress words managed to get his attention, and he turned towards her, furrowing his brow in confusion " Why would I have any business with the wardens?, we don't really have much to do with each other, besides the ocassional friendship, like Ratchel here " Uriel said, smiling softly and motioning towards the other angel with his head.
" But I do think that maybe she should go with you if she wants to, the funeral might be a little long... I'll just go check on her later, if that is alright? " He said, glancing towards the front of the church. Everyone was almost settled fown and ready for the mass to start. The preach would start talking soon.

Ratchel
Cathedral interior

Saw that she had no time to wait for an answer as most of the Wardens were lined up. " Welcomes to New Eden, but i gotta join them." She said walking at a fast yet dignified manner to the other who were waiting in attendance.

She pull out a little pin that was nestled under her ear lop and with a little magic expanded it to her trusted Spear glory for when to present arms in the honored memory of Ceolen our former grandmaster. It was a fine weapon that only she could wield a Pink crystal spear with rose colored pedals at the end of a tipless rod.

Priscilla Shaw (currently known as: Risk)
bQM35D6.jpg
"Alright, miss Rhiannon." Priscilla mumbled shyly, surrounded by around four people before they began dispersing, leaving her in this woman's care. This was all incredibly confusing. She had suddenly gone from travelling alone and struggling her way through Oblitus in solitude, meeting a few friendly faces and some less the kind monsters along the way, to a place filled with sombre music and bright aesthetics with numerous people doting after her. She felt somewhat like a bit of very dirty, yet prized meat that seems to be holding some deeper purpose. They could be planning on eating her... She had heard rumours of cannibalism from Abbadon, but she had heard many things and had dismissed the thought immediately.
Now that she was here though, she wasn't quite so sure.
Priscilla had heard about dragons flying around the city that had decimated armies of beasts before they even reached the walls, but none had appeared yet, she had heard that the wardens were tyranical and kept humans in cages or as slaves, but she hadn't seen any of those yet either, and last but not least, she had heard there was no way she was just going to be allowed in, even if she had miraculously survived the whole way there.
But she had, yet the bulbs of fear had already rooted in her mind, frightening her of the unknown, and all she did know was how to survive, and that's what she was going to do.
Survive.

Brutus Magnolia - Cathedral interior

He had a hard time concealing his scowl at the appearance of that mother who left as quickly as she intruded, just him and Uriel had already left the poor girl terrified and adding more to the mix was just gonna scare her off. Luckily Rhiannon appeared behind him to calm his nerves. He stood and turned toward her as she arrived. "Rhiannon? Thought I asked you to wait up for me, did you miss me that much?" He chuckled, he knew she was her own woman but he liked to tease her every now and again.

He turned to the girl again. "Well Risk, its nice to meet you, as that warden said earlier, my name's Brutus, friendly neighborhood hunter and Rhiannon here's helper around her shop from time to time. Don't you worry Uriel, we'll take good care of her in the meantime." As the trio started to depart the Cathedral he continued talking to the girl. "Hey kiddo, I can tell you're scared and that's ok. You've probably spent a long time surrounded by things that were trying to kill you, I've been there. But trust me when I say you got nothin' to fear in this city. Nobody's gonna do you any harm here, so loosen up ok?"

Back