Ceris - A Nationbuilding RP (OOC)

Wow I just realized the fifth element gif You were talking about. For a while it was a flag let me just fix that

Yeah I have no idea how a Gif of fifth element just appeared on my sheet. Tell me if it appears again

• Empire Name: The Unified Kingdom of Tierra
  • Empire Adjective: Tierran
  • National Symbol: An eagle with its wings spread colored in gold and white.
  • View attachment 1201
  • Empire Leader: Edwin "The Strong" Rendower
  • Succession: Birthright
  • Government: Monarchy with a king deciding which laws and policies to enact but a cabinet of treasures to decide how much money can actually be used to enact those policies. Although most people follow and give tribute to the king, Most of the land is ruled by different nobles that rule their lands differently.
  • Slavery: N/A
  • Ethics: A caste-based system where commoners are expected to work for their betters while nobles used their divine right as highborn to properly remind the commoners of their limitations. Gender also plays a large role with women being put in roles of mothers and wives with the prospect of the fairer sex joining the military being seen as barbaric and cruel.
  • Foreign affairs: Tierra enjoys a casual trade agreement with most surrounding lands though it does see anybody not form their country as being lesser not that it's their own fault
  • Religion: A group of saints that embody the virtues of Tierra. Anybody can become a saint so long as they martyr themselves for the greater good of their country.
  • Land Located: The Kingdom of Tierra is located on the top left in vast and untouched field filled with agriculture. The capital is Aetoria a center of trade and knowledge
  • Climate: Temperate
  • Agriculture: Tierra is filled with large and fertile farmlands that grows exotic fruits and vegetables all throughout the seasons
  • Currency: Crowns a gold minted coin
  • Valued Resources: Horses and plants
  • Population: 450,000? might change depending on how many people other people have
  • Class Demographic: 12% nobles 16% Merchants/Traders 72% commoners
  • Species Demographic: Pure humans
  • Empire Strengths: A skilled cavalry, a loyal and idealistic people, Vast farmland that grows large quantities of food
  • Empire Weaknesses: Nobles tend to bicker amongst themselves and military commissions are bought by nobles so officers are incompetent more often than not.
  • Military: Military rank is bought by commission with ranking officers choosing who they would sell titles to making commoner officers rare as most nobles look down on those that are not of high blood like them.
  • Military Might: Very few. Tierra has no standing military however nobles might train and equip a militia Furthermore, the hills and plains of Tierra are filled with horses and most commoners know at least to ride.
  • Military Strengths: Cavalry and Loyalty
  • Military Weaknesses: Incompetent leaders
  • History: For most of its history Tierra was a collection of squabbling petty kingdoms, the strongest of which controlled areas the size of duchies and the weakest controlling small hill forts overseeing a few huts. All that changed with the coming of Edwin "The Strong" of house Rendower who unified Tierra and became its first king

Last edited:
  • Empire Name: The Unified Kingdom of Tierra
  • Empire Adjective: Tierran
  • National Symbol: An eagle with its wings spread colored in gold and white.
  • View attachment 1201
  • Empire Leader: Edwin "The Strong" Rendower
  • Succession: Birthright
  • Government: Monarchy with a king deciding which laws and policies to enact but a cabinet of treasures to decide how much money can actually be used to enact those policies. Although most people follow and give tribute to the king, Most of the land is ruled by different nobles that rule their lands differently.
  • Slavery: N/A
  • Ethics: A caste-based system where commoners are expected to work for their betters while nobles used their divine right as highborn to properly remind the commoners of their limitations. Gender also plays a large role with women being put in roles of mothers and wives with the prospect of the fairer sex joining the military being seen as barbaric and cruel.
  • Foreign affairs: Tierra enjoys a casual trade agreement with most surrounding lands though it does see anybody not form their country as being lesser not that it's their own fault
  • Religion: A group of saints that embody the virtues of Tierra. Anybody can become a saint so long as they martyr themselves for the greater good of their country.
  • Land Located: The Kingdom of Tierra is located on the top left in vast and untouched field filled with agriculture. The capital is Aetoria a center of trade and knowledge
  • Climate: Temperate
  • Agriculture: Tierra is filled with large and fertile farmlands that grows exotic fruits and vegetables all throughout the seasons
  • Currency: Crowns a gold minted coin
  • Valued Resources: Horses and plants
  • Population: 450,0000? might change depending on how many people other people have
  • Class Demographic: 12% nobles 16% Merchants/Traders 72% commoners
  • Species Demographic: Pure humans
  • Empire Strengths: A skilled cavalry, a loyal and idealistic people, Vast farmland that grows large quantities of food
  • Empire Weaknesses: Nobles tend to bicker amongst themselves and military commissions are bought by nobles so officers are incompetent more often than not.
  • Military: Military rank is bought by commission with ranking officers choosing who they would sell titles to making commoner officers rare as most nobles look down on those that are not of high blood like them.
  • Military Might: Very few. Tierra has no standing military however nobles might train and equip a militia Furthermore, the hills and plains of Tierra are filled with horses and most commoners know at least to ride.
  • Military Strengths: Cavalry and Loyalty
  • Military Weaknesses: Incompetent leaders
  • History: For most of its history Tierra was a collection of squabbling petty kingdoms, the strongest of which controlled areas the size of duchies and the weakest controlling small hill forts overseeing a few huts. All that changed with the coming of Edwin "The Strong" of house Rendower who unified Tierra and became its first king

Did you build that flag? If so what program did you use?

Nah, Ripped it off a CYOA game that ripped it's story off another game. I mean I ripped both of them off really

• Empire Name: Celestial Colonies of Shenlong
  • Empire Adjective: Shenlongs
  • National Symbol:
View attachment 1202
  • Empire Leader: Celestial Regent Shanshe
  • ancient_chinese_emperor_by_sugisaki_key-d63y0mv.jpg
  • Succession: Agnatic-Cognatic Primogeniture
  • Government: While the council has more power than the Celestial Regent, Shanshe has the power to fire the council members as he sees fit and put in charge new ones.
  • Slavery: Slavery is allowed, though only in the continental colonies, with select few slaves being allowed to the mainland colonies(the isle ones.)
  • Ethics: Discipline, racial purity, cultural purity, hard work, chastity
  • Foreign affairs: Potential trading partners and potential rivals
  • Religion: Celestial Faith
  • Land Located: Colonies of Yinbei
  • Climate: Rainy and cloudy and a slight chance of snow.
  • Agriculture: Slaves work in the continental colonies.
  • Currency: Longbao
  • Valued Resources: Sushi, porcelain and silk.
  • Population: 2 million (Before you say this is too much, China and Japan, the two countries this is based of, had roughly 20 million and 150 000 in the year 200 B.C. 20 000 000 for China, 150 000 for Japan. So I thought on selecting something from the middle as my population)
  • Class Demographic: 10% nobility, 20% military, 20% peasants, 7% slaves, 10% clergy, 33%
    Bourgeoisie
  • Species Demographic: 3% Celestials, 90% Shenlongs(Humans) 7% slaves of other races.
  • Empire Strengths: Exotic wealth in sushi, porcelain and silk. Maybe slight talent in assassination.
  • Empire Weaknesses: Constant infightings among the nobility, clergy and the
    Bourgeoisie for high ranking positions, weakening the national unity. This results in the country going to war rarely and slow advancements in the military.

• Military: Well trained and disciplined army
  • Military Might: 100 000 spearmen, 125 000 archers, 75 000 swordmen
  • Military Strengths: Military discipline. Skills in fighting in regions like urban, forest and other dense regions.
  • Military Weaknesses: Lack of talents in plains when it comes to combat.
  • History: History is mostly propaganda about them being colonies of a Celestial Empire to the south. In truth they are just a group of humans that populated the isles several centuries ago. When they arrived there the celestials were already set there. They were a breed of giants with strong discipline and a distinctive culture. Humans easily adopted their culture and so started a peaceful co-existence. As centuries passed the humans and celestials mixed together, with the current breed of humans being born. This lead to the rapid decrease in celestial population, with only 60000 celestials existing in the Celestial Colonies and their number rapidly declining. The propaganda was created to ensure that the new breed of humans was loyal to their celestial overlords. I will add more when I wake up. I am falling asleep.
Not sure 2 million could fit on those islands man. Well either that or they are a lot larger than I thought and I need to go edit my population and numbers.

• Empire Name: Celestial Colonies of Shenlong
  • Empire Adjective: Shenlongs
  • National Symbol:
View attachment 1202
  • Empire Leader: Celestial Regent Shanshe
  • ancient_chinese_emperor_by_sugisaki_key-d63y0mv.jpg
  • Succession: Agnatic-Cognatic Primogeniture
  • Government: While the council has more power than the Celestial Regent, Shanshe has the power to fire the council members as he sees fit and put in charge new ones.
  • Slavery: Slavery is allowed, though only in the continental colonies, with select few slaves being allowed to the mainland colonies(the isle ones.)
  • Ethics: Discipline, racial purity, cultural purity, hard work, chastity
  • Foreign affairs: Potential trading partners and potential rivals
  • Religion: Celestial Faith
  • Land Located: Colonies of Yinbei
  • Climate: Rainy and cloudy and a slight chance of snow.
  • Agriculture: Slaves work in the continental colonies.
  • Currency: Longbao
  • Valued Resources: Sushi, porcelain and silk.
  • Population: 2 million (Before you say this is too much, China and Japan, the two countries this is based of, had roughly 20 million and 150 000 in the year 200 B.C. 20 000 000 for China, 150 000 for Japan. So I thought on selecting something from the middle as my population)
  • Class Demographic: 10% nobility, 20% military, 20% peasants, 7% slaves, 10% clergy, 33%
    Bourgeoisie
  • Species Demographic: 3% Celestials, 90% Shenlongs(Humans) 7% slaves of other races.
  • Empire Strengths: Exotic wealth in sushi, porcelain and silk. Maybe slight talent in assassination.
  • Empire Weaknesses: Constant infightings among the nobility, clergy and the
    Bourgeoisie for high ranking positions, weakening the national unity. This results in the country going to war rarely and slow advancements in the military.

• Military: Well trained and disciplined army
  • Military Might: 100 000 spearmen, 125 000 archers, 75 000 swordmen
  • Military Strengths: Military discipline. Skills in fighting in regions like urban, forest and other dense regions.
  • History: History is mostly propaganda about them being colonies of a Celestial Empire to the south. In truth they are just a group of humans that populated the isles several centuries ago. When they arrived there the celestials were already set there. They were a breed of giants with strong discipline and a distinctive culture. Humans easily adopted their culture and so started a peaceful co-existence. As centuries passed the humans and celestials mixed together, with the current breed of humans being born. This lead to the rapid decrease in celestial population, with only 60000 celestials existing in the Celestial Colonies and their number rapidly declining. The propaganda was created to ensure that the new breed of humans was loyal to their celestial overlords. I will add more when I wake up. I am falling asleep.

I personally agree with Greener on the population subject. Even with nations like hawaii before it was annexed had a population of around 300,000 and that was in the 1770s. With the orginal islands, I feel like the population would be around 400,000 and the colonies would provide another 600,000. At MOST I'd say if the islands could provide for it, 500,000/700,000 but the islands would 100% would need to rely on the colonies to survive as the farmlands and forests would be cut down for housing lands.

@Enki Yes, once you change the population let me know! One more suggestion I have is: Since yours is a sea-based nation, logically they would have a much stronger navy than army (See Great Britain, or Euro nations like Portugal, Netherlands, etc). You could switch that up if you like.

This is just my bit, but I feel the strengths and weaknesses should be switched up, based on the territories they control (all plains, no dense regions as such).

Hmm. Should I just create from scrap, now that I am more awake as I wrote that thing around 1 AM-2AM?

Hmm. Should I just create from scrap, now that I am more awake as I wrote that thing around 1 AM-2AM?
There's really not that big a problem, but you need to
Reduce your population by a lot, as I have almost three times your land and only half a mil.
Edit your military to be naval centric. Make sure you input detail into it. That means you will probably have the strongest starting navy, since you're an island nation, but a pretty weak land based force.
Figure out where you get basic resources from, as you have only a few mountains and your land is mostly plains, so no wood or many minerals.

Figure out where you get basic resources from, as you have only a few mountains and your land is mostly plains, so no wood or many minerals.

@Enki did say they had colonies on the land so that I'll let it pass. Population and military can be worked on. You don't need to write it again if you want, the rest of the CS is fine.

I DONE IT!
Empire Name: Uruk'hizan
Empire Adjective: Uruki
National Symbol:
full

Empire Leader: Gunug Ruukoth
Succession: Elected by a council of chiefs from a group of renown warriors who volunteer. One Chief from each 'Fist', or tribe.
Government: The Ruukoth is a warrior who has reached certain criteria to be eligible to act as the 'chief of chiefs', the Uruki king. To be eligible, the Uruki must preset a trophy, which could be an animal part, weapon etc. and a shrunken head/taxidermy trophy of their proudest enemy they slain, as well as a witness who saw them slay it. To purger yourself in this process is punishable by instant death.

At this point, the chief counsel meets and selects the strongest and most effective warrior from among the volunteers, who goes on to become the king. This process takes about a week after the volunteers and chiefs arrive in Ug Olmorz, a secret holy citadel known by the orcs.
Slavery: It varies from Fist to Fist, but usually only non-uruki are allowed to be slaves. Slaves are usually treated poorly, being mainly prisoners of war, but can usually be freed by being 'sold' back to their original countries.
Ethics: The Uruki are almost entirely orcs. Orcs have a vicious, cruel culture, that embraces strength and position over fairness or equality.
Foreign affairs: Orcs have a long history of being hunted, so they regard other races with harsh cruelty and distrust.
Religion: Uruki tend to believe in a shamanistic tradition often kept secret among the leaders of the fists. This 'Uruki Shamanism' differs greatly depending on the culture of the individual fist, but pretty much always emphasizes the importance of strength, power and obedience to the Ruukoth.
Land Located: 'Uruk' is a volcanic and mountainous region of pine forests. The trees are notably huge, so while there are many trees, wood is no more common or easy to acquire then anywhere else.
(Parts of my territory overlapping other, pre-existing territories can be removed, just a basic outline)
full
Climate: Uruk'hizan is mostly cold and mountainous highlands.
Agriculture: Animal husbandry is still blossoming among the Uruki, as is much farming infrastructure, at least in the inner fists. Outer fists, away from the forests and who have less to hunt, have embraced raising and eating what other races might consider beasts of burden, though to these Uruki they are both food and assistance. Near the lake fishing is a huge industry, and fish are the primary diet of much of the northern regions of Uruk'hizan
Currency: Bartering
Valued Resources: Weaponssmithing and flethering are strong industries among Uruki. Exotic hardwoods and novelty hides are often used as a rough currency in the Fists inner bartering. Metal-working is less advanced then others but still powerful in the world stage.
Population: ~250,000
Class Demographic: 24% grunt soldiers, 6% elite soldiers, 1% chiefs/elders, 2% slaves, 60% hunters/fishers/farmers, 7% Old/infantile/otherwise enfeebled.
Species Demographic: 98% Orcs, ~2% Orges, goblins, humans and other races as slaves.
Empire Strengths: Fine Swords, bows and arrows, fine armors, Light yet durable exotic wooden shields etc. Though isolationist at heart, they (for now) have a serviceable military simply running off of natural advantage and racial hatred.
Empire Weaknesses: Lack of unity, and thus slowness in decision making, isolationism, no desire for diplomacy.
Military: Most Fists are controlled by police state, made up of Orc Soldiers of either gender. When these soldiers become too old to fight or wounded, they become the Elders and the Chief. Those who do not fight and the soldiers in times of peace are hunters/fishers.
Military Might: roughly 61,500 soldiers across the board, about 30% of their population
Military Strengths: Determination and social pressures to succeed, a strong brotherly instinct as well as masterfully crafted gear.
Military Weaknesses: Those who do not fit into the military mindset struggle with crushingly low moral, and often must be forced or coerced into doing things effectively.
History: Legends are often told of Ogol Ruuk, who shortly after the last war established the Shamanistic tradition and united the warring Fists of the Orcs in Uruk'hizan. Before Ogol, the nation of Ceris would hunt and slaughter the orcs, who were rarely considered a true race of individuals due to their lack of technology and primitive culture.

Orcs have made leaps and bounds in technology since then for the express, sole purpose of destroying others races whom they have, since early times in their races lineage, been enemies with.

@Enki did say they had colonies on the land so that I'll let it pass. Population and military can be worked on. You don't need to write it again if you want, the rest of the CS is fine.
Nah. I think I should re-do it since my sheet has so many flaws in it.

On the side note. @Lazzamore Since you just posted here 30 mins ago, do we gods in ages eternal ourselves decide if we are at range of one another or do you decide it?

Nah. I think I should re-do it since my sheet has so many flaws in it.

On the side note. @Lazzamore Since you just posted here 30 mins ago, do we gods in ages eternal ourselves decide if we are at range of one another or do you decide it?

It's your call man. If you need help with anything I'll be happy to.

I DONE IT!
Empire Name: Uruk'hizan
Empire Adjective: Uruki
National Symbol:
full

Empire Leader: Gunug Ruukoth
Succession: Elected by a council of chiefs from a group of renown warriors who volunteer. One Chief from each 'Fist', or tribe.
Government: The Ruukoth is a warrior who has reached certain criteria to be eligible to act as the 'chief of chiefs', the Uruki king. To be eligible, the Uruki must preset a trophy, which could be an animal part, weapon etc. and a shrunken head/taxidermy trophy of their proudest enemy they slain, as well as a witness who saw them slay it. To purger yourself in this process is punishable by instant death.

At this point, the chief counsel meets and selects the strongest and most effective warrior from among the volunteers, who goes on to become the king. This process takes about a week after the volunteers and chiefs arrive in Ug Olmorz, a secret holy citadel known by the orcs.
Slavery: It varies from Fist to Fist, but usually only non-uruki are allowed to be slaves. Slaves are usually treated poorly, being mainly prisoners of war, but can usually be freed by being 'sold' back to their original countries.
Ethics: The Uruki are almost entirely orcs. Orcs have a vicious, cruel culture, that embraces strength and position over fairness or equality.
Foreign affairs: Orcs have a long history of being hunted, so they regard other races with harsh cruelty and distrust.
Religion: Uruki tend to believe in a shamanistic tradition often kept secret among the leaders of the fists. This 'Uruki Shamanism' differs greatly depending on the culture of the individual fist, but pretty much always emphasizes the importance of strength, power and obedience to the Ruukoth.
Land Located: 'Uruk' is a volcanic and mountainous region of pine forests. The trees are notably huge, so while there are many trees, wood is no more common or easy to acquire then anywhere else.
(Parts of my territory overlapping other, pre-existing territories can be removed, just a basic outline)
full
Climate: Uruk'hizan is mostly cold and mountainous highlands.
Agriculture: Animal husbandry is still blossoming among the Uruki, as is much farming infrastructure, at least in the inner fists. Outer fists, away from the forests and who have less to hunt, have embraced raising and eating what other races might consider beasts of burden, though to these Uruki they are both food and assistance. Near the lake fishing is a huge industry, and fish are the primary diet of much of the northern regions of Uruk'hizan
Currency: Bartering
Valued Resources: Weaponssmithing and flethering are strong industries among Uruki. Exotic hardwoods and novelty hides are often used as a rough currency in the Fists inner bartering. Metal-working is less advanced then others but still powerful in the world stage.
Population: ~250,000
Class Demographic: 24% grunt soldiers, 6% elite soldiers, 1% chiefs/elders, 2% slaves, 60% hunters/fishers/farmers, 7% Old/infantile/otherwise enfeebled.
Species Demographic: 98% Orcs, ~2% Orges, goblins, humans and other races as slaves.
Empire Strengths: Fine Swords, bows and arrows, fine armors, Light yet durable exotic wooden shields etc. Though isolationist at heart, they (for now) have a serviceable military simply running off of natural advantage and racial hatred.
Empire Weaknesses: Lack of unity, and thus slowness in decision making, isolationism, no desire for diplomacy.
Military: Most Fists are controlled by police state, made up of Orc Soldiers of either gender. When these soldiers become too old to fight or wounded, they become the Elders and the Chief. Those who do not fight and the soldiers in times of peace are hunters/fishers.
Military Might: roughly 61,500 soldiers across the board, about 30% of their population
Military Strengths: Determination and social pressures to succeed, a strong brotherly instinct as well as masterfully crafted gear.
Military Weaknesses: Those who do not fit into the military mindset struggle with crushingly low moral, and often must be forced or coerced into doing things effectively.
History: Legends are often told of Ogol Ruuk, who shortly after the last war established the Shamanistic tradition and united the warring Fists of the Orcs in Uruk'hizan. Before Ogol, the nation of Ceris would hunt and slaughter the orcs, who were rarely considered a true race of individuals due to their lack of technology and primitive culture.

Orcs have made leaps and bounds in technology since then for the express, sole purpose of destroying others races whom they have, since early times in their races lineage, been enemies with.
Ooooooo. This is pretty nice.

Is there room for one more? Ive never done anything like this but I'm super into the concept.

Back