JoJo clasp the keys with both hands awkwardly, to his surprise he didn't drop them. He looked to his superior with wondrous eyes, clutching the keys for dear life. Quickly nodding to the return orders, he didn't think it would take his till lunch to grab a couple of rain barrels. Still the gravity of the task was not lost on the young Janitor, those keys wouldn't leave his hands till they were given back. As quickly as they had approached the man they were on their back on their way to the storage. Their footsteps still lightly squishing and squashing with each foot fall, leaving a slight trail of soggy footprints in the Lobby Proper.

It didn't take them long to reach the door to the storage, making quick use of the keys. The storage room was bigger than JoJo expected, as it was the first time he had actually been on the inside. There were about twenty or so barrels, all varying sizes. "Lets grab the larger ones, we will just stack them outside the room. That way we aren't going back and forth the whole time, and the sooner you can get those keys back to Marcus." Michael's tone neutral and gruff, the cigarette still hanging from his lips.

After taking as many of the larger barrels from the room- about nine or ten- and stacking them right outside the door. Locking the doors back up, JoJo would run back to the Gun Lockers to return the keys. He thanked Marcus for letting him borrow them and quickly headed back to the storage to grab the barrels with Michael. It would be just getting into lunch by the time they had filled all the barrels, using a dolly to get some of them to the first floor garden. Once the last of the Barrels were brought upstairs, the two Janitors looked like they were about to collapse. It had been a long day, and it was only just the morning.

------------------------------------------------------

Xander recalled the scene of the morning to the best of his ability to Dorian, speaking as clear as he could. Once dismissed he would take his leave to go finish packing for the up coming Run. Xander was sure Dorian had everything covered from there, if he was needed for anything further he would answer any call. He would try to talk to Selene before he left to his room, try to gauge how she was handling the whole morning.

"U-uh. Is there anything you been wanting from the Runners? Anything in particular that you would like looked for?" Still going on about the Run, he was really bad with words, and emotions. It had been so long since he used them, it was difficult opening up still. Even if just a normal conversation with someone, it was a lot easier to talk about Tasks, orders, and Events. Hopefully living at the Settlement would be enough to open himself up, as he and everyone got to know each other.

Fortunately for Jacob, he'd never made such promise to be more approachable. He was fiddling around with some cloth when she approached him, obviously someone's worn shirt that was in terrible need of replacing instead of patching. He lifted his tired gaze to the woman as she approached with supplies and more work, before looking over to the pile of other things to his right that he had to finish patching before people decided to murder him. "Sure." He said quietly. "I'll sleep when I die.." He muttered under his breath.

He tossed down the shirt and stood, reaching out for the supplies. "I'll get what I can done before my next shift in a few hours.."

The redhead would simply wait besides Xander and sometimes intervene in his explanation, just to support his arguments really. She was quiet otherwise, thinking of this man they'd found.
After they were dismissed, she wasn't really expecting the guy to talk to her, not with how excited or ready he was preparing for the next run and everything. She could also be chosen to go, the chance was there.
"Well, I usually get to pick some stuff if I'm chosen to go... but if that's not the case, I always try to have a warm blanket around when winter comes. I'd hate getting sick."
Thats what she'd tell him, with half a smile on her face.

Lukias would've stayed around the newcomer in case he woke up. He had other duties to attend to, of course. There were other people that needed attention and some medicine to be made, but he'd come back between this task and another to check on him.
Nothing seemed to be going wrong, he was just sleeping, resting. That was good, the plants were most likely working. It made him feel satisfied, to know his work was helping. One of the reasons why he enjoyed his profession so much. Helping out, and knowing that help, appreciated or not, was good for others health.

When he, William, woke up and asked, he didn't answer his question. It was one of the times when he'd taken a couple of minutes to check on him. Instead he'd look at the other man in the room. Lukias didn't want to risk answering the questions with the wrong words. He had a some lavender infused water ready for when he woke up, and perhaps some more echinacea would be good.

At least he hadn't been present during breakfast this morning, she could only imagine the taunting that would have followed. With a slight grunt, Samantha dropped the supplies in Jacob's lap and nodded. "Glad we're on the same page, then." Because she had heard that comment about sleeping when dead. There wasn't any rush to get the soap bars done, but... he didn't need to know that. When the blonde leader turned to go, there was almost a smile playing across her lips. Making Jacob's life just a little more miserable every day always cheered her up.

------

Holly was waiting just outside of the dining room for Emily and nodded as the other girl approached. "Yupp, think so." Together they'd head to the front of the Hotel, ready to go out for the afternoon. Only they'd be stopped just outside the door.

"No one is allowed outside." One of the security members said and the brunette frowned. "Sorry, orders." He examined them both, "Don't think either of you should be out on your own, anyway."

"Hey!" Uh, rude. Holly's frown deepened as they were quickly ushered back inside and she turned to look at Emily. "Well, that's a bust for today. What now?" She had a lot of free time, off for the afternoon.

Dorian ground his teeth in frustration, not expecting the stranger to wake up anywhere near so soon. "Tsk. You're in our compound." The second-in-command would turn to Alexis, practically barking his orders at her. "Go down to the Armory and get Marcus. Tell him to bring something big. We need a guard, and he can work on his Runner's list later." He'd pause, for just a second, before his stare shifted to a glare. "Now, Alexis. Please, do not make me tell you twice."

Once the inventory master had left, hopefully as fast as she could, Dorian would take the beanie off his head and sit down on William's cot by the man's feet. "Now I expect that you might have some questions, my man. Sorry to say, you aren't going to get any until we get some from you."

From around his back, Dorian would pull his wife from its reverse shoulder holster, cradling the wicked sharp axe atop his knees. "Now, don't get the wrong idea. Its not like I would swing this thing at a wounded man in a sick bed, but we got a lot to protect here, and I'm the type of guy who can make some really hard decisions if I have to. Now then. How did you get a hole in your gut like that? You on the run or something? From who?"

---------------------------------------------------

While the two janitors were carrying the barrels from the storage unit to the basement and back, Marcus was doing his daily organization of the gun lock-up. Making sure that the ammunition, the weapons themselves, the gun range that had once been the weight room, everything, was as clean as he could make it, and categorized for easy storage and access. During this time of busy working and self reflection, the head of the Scavengers was deciding on who to take. He had it practically nailed down on who was to be leaving tomorrow, but the last open spot eluded him, and he had serious, nagging doubts about the one of the others.

Hopefully he'd have them both settled by the end of the day, so he could give as close to twenty four hours notice as he could. He was in the middle of sorting the various shotguns they had in storage when JoJo returned with his keys, which Marcus would accept with very little acknowledgement, other than a gruff and uninterested "Good. Keep up the good work." before waving the Janitor off with a dismissive but not overly impolite wave.

It wouldn't be much longer after that, however, that someone else came to interrupt his preciously scarce relaxation and chore time...

Emily was walking pretty fast, and she nearly collided with the security member that moved directly in front of her. She took a few quick steps back. She didn't give any gesture that she was angry about being denied access to the outside, apart from a deep frown. She turned and walked back into the hotel with Holly, hands in her pockets.

"Man, that's a loada bull," she huffed once she was sure they were out of earshot. "Let's go up ta my room. I gotta drop something off there anyway." She lifted the switchblade out of her pocket, showing it to Holly for just a second and then slipping it away again. "I tookit for the journey, but I guess it don't matter an'more." She snickered a little, keeping her hands in her pocket as she started to walk in the direction of the upper floors.

"So, did those lil' shits give ya a hard time taday?" She asked in a quiet voice as they walked up the stairs, a smirk on her face. If she had a bad opinion on anything, Emily tended not to voice it. It was just a way to make enemies. But when it came to kids, she couldn't really help herself. Most of them were snotty nosed brats that didn't work and just got shit for free. Any cuteness they had was outweighed by everything else.

William

The Injured Man posted no tattoos, no strange markings, nothing unusual save for the wound in his gut. All he had with him were the clothes on his back and the items in his bag that currently lay beside his bed. When it had been searched, they'd discovered some food, a swiss army knife, and an empty Glock 17. The only true items of note were the set of well cared for handcuffs and the key he wore around his neck, though they could easily be explained.

William tried sitting up a it, wincing at the pain in his stomach as he did so. Taking a moment to look around and fully take in his surroundings including the nervous looking man off to the side, Will would take a moment for his eyes to land back on the man with the gun. A compound...? How many others are here, too? A lot to protect. The words echoed in his mind and he wondered...

Licking his lips he'd do his best to answer, "Uhh. I was traveling with a woman and her daughter..." His eyes glanced around, this time looking for any threats other than the obvious, when they settled on Dorian again, he focused in this time. "It was just the three of us, and we were ambushed." Eyes now flickering to the gun. Were these the raiders he'd seen as they'd made their way into the city? The man in front of him certainly looked like he might be a raider. "I was stabbed and... I'm not sure what happened to them, the girl and her mom." A bit of anger flashed in his eyes, though he'd only known them for a short time.

They had gotten away. "I don't really remember much after that."

Holly

The young brunette seemed just as disappointed as Emily, if not more so. She was looking forward to getting out of the hotel for a few hours. "Guess we can try again tomorrow?" She suggested leaning forward to get a glimpse of the switch blade. She'd seen it in Emily's room before, vaguely recognizing it. "Isn't that your dads?"

She shrugged her bony shoulders, "Nah, they were okay today. Just full of energy as usual. I did talk to Emilia." Then, because she knows her friends feelings on children, she clarified a bit further, "Dorian's kid. The one who calls Sam Auntie?" The brunette grinned. "Says Sam is 'really nice' and makes funny faces when she's mad and helps her make fun of her dad." For some reason all of this was pretty amusing to the teen.

Something else occurred to the brunette, something she was supposed to escape by being out of the Hotel for the afternoon. Her smile fell into a deeper frown than earlier, "How about we just hang out in your room for the evening? Play that game or something?" The two had created their own game made out of an old board game they had found, an incomplete deck of cards, and some random useless pieces of metal. It was a convuluted game where the rules made sense to anyone other than them. But it also could last several hours and could manage to be incredibly fun if they were of a mood to play.

Alexis flinched as the injured man woke up. She had been convinced he was going to die. She gripped her pen more tightly and her clipboard finally stilled, pushing into her leg as she clenched her hand around it. Samantha had told her to write down everything, but - Dorian looked serious. Alexis took a few deep breaths, considering whether to tell him that Samantha had said to stay and write everything down. The older man's glare didn't leave much up for debate, and Alexis decided against telling him. She would just run down to the Armory and run back, and she wouldn't miss anything important - surely. She directed a hasty nod at Dorian and scuttled down to the Armory.

She ran through it all in her head - big, guard, runner's list - on and on, even when she was sure she had it memorised. She barely even noticed that she was beating her clipboard against her leg in time with each item as she listed it. She halted at the door, a nagging anxiety telling her that she couldn't just burst in - but Dorian was superior to Marcus. She was operating under Dorian.

She flung the door open, just about giving it a sharp enough push so that it swung towards the wall. "Dorian needs you in the medical wing," she said, without giving Marcus a second look. "There's a man, and Dorian said..." Alexis bit her lip. Big, guard, runner's list. "Dorian said: bring something big, we need a guard, runners list later." She stared right through him, wide-eyed. She beat her clipboard against her leg impatiently, so that it flitted against her like a butterfly on speed. She needed to go back up there.

Xander looked over to Selene, "Seems like Blankets are in high demand. That would be alright with me, but don't complain if there aren't enough. Might have to share." His voice gruff, he meant nothing too special by the last comment; Just a fact that might have to be addressed if supply is too short. His mind was slightly scattered, wandering about the man they had found. Who was he? Who/what Wounded him? Where was he coming from? All questions he was sure that Dorian would get the answers to, but they still played in his mind. Winter was fast approaching, and they were barely taking care of the people they had. Plus with the water still being out there was that to worry about, Xander was sure the Janitors would need scrap and replacement pipes for the Settlement. It wasn't Xander's job to worry about everything, he just took it upon himself to be as useful to the settlement in any capacity he could.

"Besides the blanket, cause that's a given for this winter. Anything in particular you would really want to see found?" HIs voice distant, but he tried to give a friendly enough smile.

Emily nodded. "Tomorrow's good," she said. She glanced down at her pocket again when Holly asked if it was her dad's. "Yeah, it's his. He don't use it often, though. And I'm only borrowin' it." She shrugged. "I'm not even sure he would notice if it were gone." That was just a lie. Her dad kept the weapon close to him whenever he went to sleep. The only reason he didn't take it around was because he was afraid of it getting pinched.

It was a good thing that Holly clarified, since otherwise she wouldn't have known who it was. She grinned ear to ear. "You serious?" She asked in a mischievous mumble. "Sam. 'Really nice'?" Was this kid on the same planet as them? She snickered into her hand, and flicked her long bangs out of her eyes. "Man, that kid's not gonna have to worry about anything when she's grown." There was a mixture of dreaminess and jealousy in her voice, but if it showed on her face it was gone quite quick.

She turned her head and smiled at the suggestion. "Good thinkin'," she said as they approached the floor Emily's room was on. She walked inside, already pulling the switchblade out of her pocket. She tucked it underneath her father's uncomfortable pillow, then turned to her own mattress. On the other side of it, between the wall and the mattress, was where she'd stashed the old, moulding box. "We should find a better way to keep this stuff all together," she grumbled, as when she lifted it up a piece of scrap metal they used in the game fell through a hole that had rotted through. "It's a new box we're needin'."

Still, she set the box down on the floor. The top of it read 'CANDY LAND' in candy cane-striped letters, but the only thing that remained from the old game was the faded, partially damaged board. Emily took the board out carefully, not wanting to wreck it anymore. "You sort the cards?" She said to Holly, gathering up the little bits of scrap metal they used.

Jacob grumbled under his breath and went to work on making new soap. Internally, he debated on how best to get back at Sam for additional amount of work that he was pretty sure she was supposed to do. "Lets see how that jacket gets fixed for weeks next time you need it.." He muttered.

By the time of his next shift, several new bars of soap were drying by the pile of dingy clothes that he'd patched. Under one arm, he carried the remaining bits of it, deciding that the additional work would help him keep awake as he stood in front of the front doors for his shift.

"You, make sure to come back and stay safe, dude. Nothing else, I'm good." She'd answert with a shrug, patting his shoulder. Oh boy was she tired...
"Now I kinda wanna get some breakfast and then I have a really important date, with my bed. So I'll see you around." With a goodbye ish grin she'd walk off and away as she turned the corner and headed towards breakfast.

Holly would spend the rest of the day hanging out with Emily playing a very long, drawn out game of (their version of) Candy Land. When dinner rolled around the brunette made the claim that she wasn't hungry and ducked off into her room until Emily was back from dinner and there they finished the game they had started out earlier in the afternoon before getting to their evening chores. Never mind that she had somewhere she had said she would be that evening...

Sam was kept busy most of the day, helping around the Hotel and checking in on how everything was running. There was still concern about what they would do with the plants as the temperature continued to drop, but it wouldn't be the first winter and she knew some of the plants grew fairly well in the cold. It was the rest that she was concerned about surviving. The blonde did take a shift watching over the new comer that afternoon, too. He didn't say much while she was with him, and she didn't say a word while she sat, a gun ready on her thigh much like how Dorian had sat (though she wouldn't know that).

After a long, exhausting day of working on ballroom repairs Andrea would not be in the mood for social conversation. She, too, would be missing from dinner that night.

Dorian

The second in command of the Hotel didn't have much of a reason to not believe William's tale, but something deep in his gut told him to take it all with a grain of salt, with a pinch of disbelief, and after almost thirty years of being a raider before he'd ever met Sam, the older man had learned long ago to trust his instincts when it came to people. Still...it wouldn't prove anything to push him too hard in front of all these people. Especially not without a reason. No, for now, he could only put on his most welcoming face, while simultaneously swallowing any suspicions he might have until such a time came that he could speak to Samantha about them.

Alone.

"Well, be that as it may...welcome to the Hotel. Sorry to say we can't give you free reign to wander about, not yet anyway. Not that you'll do much walking with that hole in your stomach. The folks here will keep an eye on ya, as well as a friend of mine now and again. Its not that we're untrusting here, but we simply haven't been in this sorta situation yet. Forgive us for being so new to it, ya?" He'd grin then, running a finger absentmindedly against the razor edge of his axe-wrench. "I'm Dorian, by the way. Can't quite remember if I introduced meself or not." For now, he'd keep the stranger under armed guard, especially since the scavengers were leaving soon. With less of a security presence than normal, the ex-raider wasn't about to take any chances with a stranger in the Hotel, especially one who had come to them in such a dubious condition.

----

Marcus

The leader of the Scavengers would've exploded on Alexis for barging in on him like she had, if it hadn't been for the summons from his boss. Not only had Dorian called for him in an official capacity, but he told him to come armed. That could only mean that something was worrying the old geezer. That alone was enough to cut off any sort of angry retort from the one-time isolationist settler, grabbing one of the heftier semi-auto .12 gauges from its locker, loading it as he walked. If Alexis didn't leave before him, he'd shoulder past her while thumb loading the solid slug shells into the firearm. Once it was cocked and ready, albeit with the safety on, Marcus would quicken his pace to a light sprint, seeking to arrive at the clinic as quickly as he could without (hopefully) inciting anything close to a panic.

Little did he know that he would end up spending most of his day watching over the man he'd soon know as William.

----

Jason

The blonde youth had ended up having a very productive, and entertaining day. Other than the time he had spent recruiting that cute little albino twink, Jason had shirked his normal duties, opting to help his dearly beloved mother out in the bar-and-brothel. Thanks to the old radio that not even the Hotel's leaders knew she had set up, she'd come across some interesting news from out in the literal concrete jungle. On top of a new raider group moving into the western docks, there was news of a trade caravan that was soon to arrive, maybe two or three days from now. That meant customers and fresh trading opportunities. So the teen had dedicated his time to polishing glasses, deep cleaning the chairs and booths in the bar, washing and drying bed sheets and pillows by hand, all the tedious yet enjoyable actions he so loved to dump his hours into.

Still...he noticed how Holly had never come and found him. Like she had promised she would. That poor, dumb, naive slut. Someone would have to teach her her proper place.

Eventually. But for now, Jason would let it slide. He had plenty of time to correct that behavior of hers. He'd get around to it. Eventually.

----

That night, in the common mess hall's bulletin board, the list of chosen Scavengers was finally posted, giving those selected a little over twenty four hours to prepare themselves, and whatever gear they might want to take. The details of the mission were posted in order of priority:

Gasoline/Fuel
Clothes
Medicine
Food
Books
Ammo
Anything Else Useful

They would also be told where they were going, the Eastern Warehouse District, about four hours walk east-by-southeast from the entrance of the Hotel. It was also noted that, while Marcus hoped they'd all return the same day they left that they should plan for a possible overnight expedition if needed. Finally they were told when they would be leaving, an hour and a half before sunrise the day after the posting. The notice was signed not only by Marcus, but by both Dorian and Samantha as well. It wouldn't be until the end of the flyer that those that were selected were singled out, and other than Marcus Combry, the list was as follows;

Alexander Kane
Andrea Johnson
Selene Dunham

Last edited:
By the time Carla made it to breakfast (just barely in time to grab a plate and wolf it down) there were already a few discussions about the new guy and the upcoming scavenge trip. She didn't say much during breakfast, concentrating more on eating than conversation) but she listened intently as people contemplated the injuries of the stranger and how they had occurred.

She rolled her eyes, a little, wondering why no one bothered going to find the doctor and finding out for sure what injuries the man had sustained before gossiping. She supposed, though that it could have been easy enough for someone to exaggerate a detail hence the occurring gossip. Once she had finished her breakfast she plodded over to the table where Emeril was sitting. Surely he would have some kind of bet running with this and she could use the cigarettes if she won. 'Course she'd have to figure out what it was that she could offer for a bet. Maybe some of that dried jerky she had hidden up in her room?

She wrapped her hands behind her back and waited, patiently, for the bookie to be available so she could find out if there was a bet to place.

Last edited:
Emeril looked up as Carla made her way to his table. He had a hand bound book in front of him, where he was keeping track of all the different bets that were currently being held, usually having something to do with the personal lives of other community members. At her question regarding the new comer, he smiled a nearly toothless grin. "Yeah, we gots some bets in place about the guy. Some thing he's a raider, some think he's a victim of raiders. There are a few other things going around. Whatcha wanna bet on?"

---

Sam relieved Marcus sometime before dinner to sit with the stranger, with William. As morning crept closer and William slept she would wait until it was just about time for a shift change before speaking to their guest. "I'm sure Dorian has given his welcome and his apology for keeping you under watch, so I won't go into that. I'm just going to go over a few things." Her face was firm, no trace of the smile that Dorian had offered. "For the duration that you're here, you will contribute to the community or you don't eat. Right now you're injured but in a day or so I'm sure we can find something you can do that will take little effort. At that time you will be expected to carry your weight in what ways you can. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served at set times every day. If you miss, you don't eat. That's your own fault."

The blonde eyed the male, carefully. She was distrustful of people, strangers in particular, and to have arrived in such a state made her suspicious and she wasn't going to hide the way she felt.

William smiled at her, easy. "Hey, I can get that." There must be a lot of people; he'd heard the sounds of children some time yesterday afternoon. It was hard to say but he had to estimate with the amount of children it sounded like they had, there would be at least over a dozen people. It might be advantageous to stay here for a time. He raised one arm, wincing a bit playing up the injury, "I won't be a bother and I'm happy to do my part if it means a guaranteed meal." The woman before him, he never got her name, humphed and shook her head a little.

"We'll see."

"Your friend Dorian was a lot friendlier," Despite the fact that he seemed a lot deadlier.

Sam said nothing once more and he guessed that their conversation was over. Only minutes later did someone else, armed and ready, come to babysit him. She didn't even give him a glance over her shoulder before leaving.

... She must be a lesbian.

---

Holly was in a better mood that morning through out breakfast and this time Sam joined another group of people, leaving her and Emily to talk freely together. She had to eat quickly, though, so she could be upstairs in time to get with the children (and maybe she wanted to avoid running into someone else). She did leave Emily with these parting words, "I'll see if we can get the all clear to go out today." The promise was made over their usual handshake and then the brunette was high tailing it upstairs.

---

Andrea had seen the trip list the night before and she was pleased to see she'd been on it. After their conversation, she hadn't been entirely sure if Marcus would take her or not but there it was and with her roommate going as well it could be a decent trip. She didn't know Alexander very well, but had seen him around and Andrea wasn't too worried about it all. She made sure her bags were packed and ready to go when it was time to head out.

Mercy was waist-deep in parts, but not the fun kind. Oh, they were fun enough if you liked wires, metal, and gears, but Mercy would much rather be doing the other kind of fun instead. She was in the process of “cleaning” which meant more like shoving things into corners and the side of the room to make a pathway to both beds. She and her roommate had been arguing lately about the sheer amount of “mechanical crap”, as Mercy's roomie put it. Not being the sort to enjoy any type of confrontation, Mercy had begun angry-cleaning as soon as her roommate left for breakfast.

When she was finished, her normally messy, awkwardly chopped brown hair was even messier, and there was a streak of dirt across one cheek. Falling back on her elbows, she tilted her head back and closed her eyes, inhaling and exhaling slowly. She had to find something better to do with her stuff which meant braving the company of Sam, not something she did unless the other woman sought out her expertise.

Standing, the young mechanic dusted off her khaki cargo pants and straightened the simple white tee she wore. A brush was drawn through the tangles of her straight hair before she walked from her room to seek out Sam.

After a few questions regarding the whereabouts of one of the fearless leaders, Mercy headed toward the infirmary and found Sam just stepping out. “Hey, Sam? I have a question or perhaps a request. Would now be a good time, or should I find you later in your office?”

Alexis was glad for the fact that she had woken up earlier today. The top of her head was flat, the rest of her hair hanging in a loose ponytail and swishing around her shoulderblades. She made it to breakfast earlier today, as well, and picked up her small bowl of oatmeal and dried fruit, taking it to a table near the back of the room so that she could watch the door and mark people as they came in. She wondered fleetingly if the injured man from yesterday was going to be well enough to come to breakfast, or if the moment he stood up his wound would open again and he would bleed to death. She frowned. It wasn't healthy, thinking thoughts like that - she needed to try and rein them in.

It would be quiet during the day, Alexis thought, but she would have her work cut out for her running inventory when the scavengers returned. Once again, she reined her thoughts into formation with an iron grip. It was scavenging. She didn't know that they'd be back today, and she couldn't bank on it.

Besides, there were other things she needed to do. She hadn't finished inventorying the gardens yesterday, and she thought she should probably do that after breakfast. Especially with the injured man having come in - they might need herbs and medicines, and it would be a bad idea to let the gardeners harvest without first taking inventory.

Carla withheld the grimace that threatened to take over her expression at the sight of Emeril's less than toothy grin. It never ceased to equally amaze and disgust her.

"I got some dried venison jerky in my room. About five strips of meat?" Food was an expensive commodity, surely. Even one of those strips would (hopefully) pay for a bet or two. Maybe. While they talked she'd glance over at his book, maybe hoping to see what else people had bet on. "Think I wanna bet on him being a raider, though hard to say without gettin' a good enough look." At least it was something to do and she'd be going hunting for more food today so she'd be fine without a couple strips of jerky. "Two strips'll do it?" She asked, hopefully.

Back