Conley Brothers

"A surprising number of people who come to the circus do not know what that is like," Vlad said. "It is a scary thing to open yourself up to people like that, especially if you have been hurt before, but it is worth it if you find only one good friend."

V looked thoughtful but also unsure about this concept of friendship. For her it was a lot to process "how is this friendship made?"

"The trick is to not over think things," Vlad said. Then he smiled. "My brother assumes everyone is a friend until they prove otherwise with only a few exceptions, and I am fairly certain he believes friendships are cemented with hugs. I prefer to talk about mutual interests and see what develops."

She nodded a little, brow still furrowed "it seems like a lot of work..." she stepped back into the shadows as Felix appear with a frown as he watched Camilla riding

Felix looked over at him and smiled faintly "well enough" he said and looked back at Camilla "I've not seen her smile like that in a very long time" he frowned slightly "you are fond of her? Are you not?"

Vlad gave Felix a puzzled look. "Fond of her? Of course! I would say nearly every member of your circus is fond of Miss Camilla. She is a kind woman who always goes out of her way to help others. I would be more concerned to meet someone who was not fond of her, if I may be frank, sir."

"That is not thr type of fondness that I am referring to" Felix said, still watching his sister ride the unicorn. "Do you have romantic feelings for her?" He asked more bluntly, not using any sort of artificial charm. Just a big brother

Vlad looked at Felix calmly and openly. "No. I do not. I feel more as though she is my sister," he said frankly. "I care deeply for her and would do anything for her, but not like that."

Felix nodded "then make sure she understands that before she gets hurt" he said flatly

Camilla rode over about then "Felix" she smiled "did you see"

Felix smiled "I did, looked loie you enjoyed yourself"

And how exactly was he supposed to do that beyond what he was already doing? Not that Vlad would dare voice his opinion. Instead, he smiled at Camilla and praised her, "Well done! You are a natural. You need a little work to smooth things out, but that will come with practice. How do you feel?"

Camilla smiled "good" she said and stroked Raginas beck and gave her a pat "she responds well, deserves another treat I think" she added "help me down?"

Vlad stepped around and offered Camilla a hand down. "Be gentle of your legs. They will be a bit rubbery as you have used muscles in ways they are not used to."
Regina gave Camilla a nuzzle, pleased with her rider.

Camilla nearly did stumble but kept a hold of Vlads arm to stay steady "I'll get the hang of this...it's kind of exhilarating" she said petting ragina again

"Come Camilla. He has a show to prepare for" Felix prompted

Vlad turned Camilla gently toward Felix. "He is right. I have much to do as well as guiding the twins and Kazimir," he smiled to her.

She nodded a little "break a leg" she smiled at Vlad before taking the arm he held out for her "I have a surprise for you dear sister" he smiled and guided her away

Spectra waited for her to be gone before she came out of the trailer in her disguise and walled over to Vlad with a hop in her step, feeling so much better "morning Vladimir" she said cheerfully

Vladimir thoughtfully watched Camilla go for a moment longer then turned and smiled at Spectra. "Good morning, Antonia! Did you sleep well?" he inquired politely.

"I did. That little basket was perfect" she said cheerfully "need any help with anything?" She asked. She felt she owed the lot of them and wanted to be as helpful as possible

She nodded "course I do. Been with the circus long enough to of learned that" she said "after the show we need to have a meeting" she flipped a coin towards him "just bite it when you're ready to come" she said before slipping off to go help tack up the univorns

Back