Creatures Beyond The Walls

Akon considered the words and nodded, "The divide... it's widening. Every day, new threads fray."

He peered at the newcomer with a lazy expression to his face before he yawned, sharped pointed teeth standing out briefly in the dark. "Curiosity can kill the cat," he spoke the sentence with no emotion in it.

"Fears swallowing them up whole... there's a surprise," he sighed softly before peering at the girl again.

Racina blinks a bit at the winged creature as she tilts her head. "Its not that strange." She says. "I often go wondering for hours at a time and they barely ever look for me. A lot of us younger ones are left to wonder about. " She shrugs her shoulders a bit.

Her eyes wonder from the two for a moment before looking back at them. "Is it better out here with us gone?" She asks suddenly. A question that a child may ask.

The demon didn't seem sure how to respond to this question, and found himself looking towards the cat-creature for help with an answer. "Well, if no one will look for you, then that just gives us more time to see what we can do."

He smiles and takes a couple steps towards the child, sitting cross legged to meet her eyes. "What's your name, young one?"

The cat tilted his head and then snorted, "There's a lack of parental care in that, I think. If I were a Harpy... you would not have lasted, little one" Akon rose and stretched languidly again before flopping to the ground with the same aloofness of any cat. He looked and watched the other sit cross legged and engage of names. He chose to remain silent.

"Better for some, worse for others... The balance has been upset,"

Racina nods a little at the large cat's words. "For that I am grateful you found me and so far have decided not to eat me."

She blinks a bit at the winged one and tilts her head. "My name is Racina." She says with a smile.

He smiled back, thus far ignoring the cat-creature. "Racina... I like that. I have to say, Racina, you seem like an interesting kid. Brave, at least, for going past the safety of your walls like that. But something tells me it wasn't proof of bravery that brought you over here."

His red eyes glowed softly, in a way he couldn't control, while his smile quickly turned mischievous. This girl looked like fun, but he seemed to be at a bit of a competition with the cat-creature. Hopefully that wouldn't become too much of a problem.

Racina. It sounded weird on his tongue. Perhaps it was just too close to rancid for him. He twitched his nose. He supposed that would be too rude to point out verbally but in the end shrugged to himself and yawned. She was no friend to him yet and equally he was no friend to her. Any assumption her part was her own fault. The other spoke and Akon was content to let him spew. What the girl got herself into was her own affair after all. It seemed to him that she was the more adult out her and her parental folk as things stood anyway. His tail twitched gently, watching her and the other with a gaze that did not betray the slightest intent.

Racina blinks a bit as she gazed at the winged one before her. Brave? Was She? Why did she want to come out here? She wasn't sure.

"I don't really know....I've always wanted to come out here I guess...its So beautiful out here compared to behind the wall..." She says honestly.

"And now that you are out here, how does it feel?" His smile didn't fade, though luckily the glow in his eyes did.

Before the walls, when the creatures were free to roam the village and use humans to their needs, he wouldn't have been so nice and inquisitive of a human. But since he hadn't seen one in so long, he felt the urge to play with her a little. Not only that, but this one felt special somehow, he couldn't quite place it.

Brave she was for other fould creatures that lives this side would not have thought twice in the way he or this winged demon clearly did. Others would toyed or killed, perhaps even devoured her without so much as a thought as to why she was so far beyond the safety of the human's wall. That said, there was something in her presence here. He could read the touch of destiny upon her, he jut could not read its intended path. The idea that either he or this winged creature had some part to play seemed ridiculous at best. For his part, in the golden years of his adorned prime, he would have spared her a fleeting thought and very much in terms of what had she done to deserve his favour. However as the years passed that view had sobered distinctly and he had realised his worth in reality. He needed humanity's faith as much as they needed his protection.

"Beautiful?" he purred with thought, "Now there's a munch to play at. I'd call this side of the mark many things, but little one, I for one would not have placed beautiful among them. What about it causes you to think it so?"

Racina nods softly to the winged creature. "It feels nicer out here. Though I know it' dangerous...but still..it feels nicer." She looks around at all the plant life and then back to the two very different creatures before her.

Sadness filled her eyes at the large feline's question. "Behind the wall there are no plants like this. There are no colors like this. It is so vibrant out here, cleaner too." She looks to the plants again. "Were we so harsh outside the walls?" She asks.

"If that's the case, maybe us supernaturals got the lucky side of the deal." He chuckled a little at the thought. "If only we could see the other side of the wall, get another perspective like what you're doing. But I guess in some cases it might be for the best that we're separated."

He huffed and gave a bored-sounding sigh as he rested his jaws on his paws, lying ling completely and yet looked no smaller, "How disappointing." He wondered how these little pink things even survived such suffocating conditions. Their world was suffering and even though they had the majority, he knew in the long term, his world would die too. He lay into deep thought, golden eyes staring impassably at the girl, unblinking.

Racina shakes her head a little, "I think...two halves of a whole have become separated...and we just don't realize it..or don't want to." She says as she gazed at the two before her.

Her entire life she had spent it watching those around her. Every detail of life in the walls she had memorized. Yet it was here, the outside that called to her constantly. Despite the clear dangers and threats, still she would rather be out here.

"An interesting concept. You're an observant little one, aren't you?" His wings carefully flared up for a minute before pressing against his back again. He was becoming more and more fascinated with this girl, yet he had to remember he was seemingly at some sort of competition with the cat for her trust.

The cat tilted his head and licked slowly over a black velvety nose in his thoughts. It was certainly very much akin to how things were. He may not have used the same words to describe it himself but it was close enough. His eyes remained unblinking as they studied her. Her body posture was relaxed. She was wary of them yes but he imagined the moment either of them suggested she went back, there would be reluctance in her stride. His mind thrummed in thought and wonders. After all, just how many other stories spoke of the one who changed everything. The kick to the fire.

He glanced slowly as the feline noted the flexing of dark wings of his neighbour and wondered what his play in this was. Was it purely curiosity that had drawn him here or was it something else? And if so, was it of a sinister one or one that would prove beneficial to him.

He stretched languidly before he rose and then slowly walked around her with yet another studious gaze. Akon returned to his spot and sat as if he were on sentry duty, peering at her.

"Would you want to?"

Racina watched as the winged creature moved his wings and then the cat like creature walked around her. They were so interesting to her. Never had she seen such creatures and though they had been talking for a few minutes now, she was still curius of them.

When the cat asked his question she was puzzled for a moment. "Would I want to what?" She asks curiously and as respectfully as a child could.

"I would assume he meant was, would you want to be hit with the realization of what you said earlier. About two halves being separated. Of course, if you can say it, I can only assume that you already have realized it. And maybe I'm wrong about his question, I'm no mind reader." The demon's smile and playful attitude hardly faded as he spoke, his body, though mostly torso and head, moving a little in a fluent manner to go along with his light-hearted mentality and in a way, subtly, gently dancing while using his words as a rhythm. He also seemed to talk with his hands a bit, he was just gesticulate from all angles.

His claws felt the earth with irritation, his tail flicking sharply to one side, "Maybe... and maybe I meant would she want to have those halves reunited." He wasn't around society much, he talked to very few so conversation and phrasing was an adnjustment for him.

Racina blinks a bit at the winged one then to the cat as he spoke what he had meant. The two halves becoming whole? Was that even possible?

She tilts her head a little. "It would be better if it was wouldn't it? Everything balanced again?" She asks curiously.

Back