1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. New and confused? Can't post? Looking for information regarding account approval? Check out our website guide to see if any of your questions are covered there! If your questions aren't covered under our guide, post them up in your introduction thread or the help forum.
  3. Want to feature one of your roleplays on the front page? See here for information: Featuring Roleplays Again! Accepting Submissions!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We are currently accepting applications for multiple staff positions. Check out our Site Announcements forum for details!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time for another voting drive! As with previous voting drives we will be sending out voting reminders once a day for the first week of a new voting cycle. This helps to get a good position in the top rankings early on. For people wanting to help out around the site but who can't necessarily contribute in other ways, this is a great way to help out. I can't understate how important voting is. Almost all of our traffic comes from TopRPSites, and when we aren't in the top rankings, we don't draw in new users. So get on in there and vote for Storyteller's Circle!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. So as some of you may already know, we're looking to get the website's platform updated to the newest version of Xenforo. The newer platform (Xenforo 2) comes with a lot of solid features and bug fixes from the original Xenforo. To reach this end we have setup a donation campaign for people interested in helping out.
    Dismiss Notice

Interest Check Dantorel

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Drakey, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Drakey

Drakey A shape-shifting Dragon God

I'm thinking of a world (named Dantorel) with very RPG-esque qualities. Complicated skill systems and crafting systems. When a monster is killed, all of its items and its corpse get transferred into cards, which allow easier carrying. Monsters races evolve, regular races have skills. Slimes are special. If anyone thinks this is a good idea, then please comment.

2. Kin no Keifu ( 金の系譜)

Kin no Keifu ( 金の系譜) Genealogy of Gold

Hail, @Drakey. I like the idea; just the idea of RPG-esque systems in writing seems good. Question, though, are the skill systems extremely complicated or more "pick a skill and it can close off the option of some skillsets"? And how might slimes be special? I'm a little curious.

3. Drakey

Well...I thought about it some more...

cancel the whole being a monster thing, it is way too complicated to actually put into effect. But slimes are kinda awesome in my opinion.

As for the skills, think of everything you can do in the real world, punching, kicking, public speaking, drawing, memorization....all of these would be separate skills

Then you have special skills, such as magic spells or weapon skills such as a power slash.

while a skill won't close off other skills, choosing a class will make some skills harder to learn

Mages do not learn weapon skills easily, etc

4. Drakey

Thank you for replying!!!

5. Kin no Keifu ( 金の系譜)

Thanks for the clarification. Definitely joining when this starts!

6. Drakey

ok...

Only Humans allowed!

Name:

Bio:

Appearance:

Gear:

Stats:
    total points 50
    Wisdom -
    intelligence -
    Strength -
    Speed -
    Agility -
    Dexterity -
    Stamina -
    Perception -

7. Drakey

Name: Hrothwulf

Bio: Once the son of a respected noble, Hroth's father was caught in a smuggling scandal. Since then Hroth has had to hide his face and has been on the run for several years. During that time, Hroth has developed an almost unnatural curiosity for the practice of Necromancy.

Appearance:
    [​IMG]

Hair is longer, the armor is dented and cracked in places, the sword is broken.

Gear: What is on the picture.

Stats:
    Wisdom - 5
    intelligence - 9
    Strength - 9
    Speed - 10
    Agility - 5
    Dexterity - 5
    Stamina - 3
    Perception - 5

8. Drakey

9. Kin no Keifu ( 金の系譜)

Name: Manon

Bio: A fight with her family drew her to sic a pack of monsters on them, leading to their deaths. In the end, Manon despaired from what she'd done, and decided to spend her days hunting them to atone for her actions.

Appearance:
    1504704235337.jpg

Gear: Similar to the picture. The sword's a colichemarde instead, a smallsword descended from the rapier.

Stats:

Wisdom - 5

Intelligence - 8

Strength - 3

Speed - 8

Agility - 9

Dexterity - 8

Stamina - 4

Perception - 5 1504704235337.jpg

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  10. Drakey

That's pretty awesome...Though I was kinda hoping you would be able to befriend monsters .... Welp, never mind that.

Accepted. When would you like to start?

11. Kin no Keifu ( 金の系譜)

I could try that with the ones that don't trigger PTSD. Maybe I'll need a monster list.

Thanks for the acceptance. You're the GM, though, so it's your choice when to start.

12. Drakey

Well, I was thinking of starting it, and anybody who wants to join can

I was thinking that we could be ambushed by a few goblins on a road leading to a small town, How does that sound?

13. Kin no Keifu ( 金の系譜)

That works! Collecting members along the way: something only adventuring roleplays can do!

It seems a good idea. Fighting with someone does forge alliances easier. I've only got about 30 minutes left to reply, though. Curfew's coming up for me and I'll lose a phone if I don't follow it. My sister did.

14. Drakey

Its 6 pm for you...its 9:43 for me...

15. Kin no Keifu ( 金の系譜)

16. Drakey

oh thats weird...no Idea where the 6 pm came from... now I feel really awkward...

17. Kin no Keifu ( 金の系譜)

Ah, that's fine. Where are you, anyway? I'm in the Philippines.

18. Drakey

Virginia, in the U.S.

19. Kin no Keifu ( 金の系譜)

Huh. 9:40-something PM or AM? Mine's PM.

20. Drakey

AM for me...