Faction War RP

So, I've been working on building background lore and I keep coming up with new ideas but I'm still missing something key. We need a name for our RP. Best I've come up with is "War for Korgaia" or "Chronicles of the Lost Continent" but I was wondering if anyone had a different idea for a name?
Also, if you have ideas for an AI race/civilization, feel free to build a sheet for them. The "Lycan Tribes" are one example. Maybe another civilization that survived the war? The 6 player factions will be the biggest and strongest, so AI factions would play a smaller role, but I think could be another fun way to build the lore.
I do want to do an encyclopedia of what kind of life inhabits the land as well, another way to add to the lore. Maybe you've got a real problem with raptors with poison feces ruining your crop or the larger predators keep eating your live stock? (The point I'm really making here is that other players aren't the only threats to your people.) Also, maybe your livestock aren't the typical cow and chicken, but some different species all together? I really want to encourage people to feel free to propose ideas. Every little detail just builds a better, more interesting world for us to use.

I think you can make an OCC thread for the list of faction and races?

I'm slowly adding more details and modify my own race, y'know, fleshing it out. Because of that my faction would probably undergo some big change over the next few days. I just added more info on my military unit type, in fact.

Im waiting to make more threads until we have the full group. I want to hold out just a little longer to see if we can recruit the full 6. Im ok if we don't get the full 6, but I think we should we really try for it. We only need 3 more people!!

Oh and about my faction's spy, are you okay with how it is currently? The use of bugs for infiltration sound a little bit unfair if I do say so myself.

I don't think its too strong. The race naturally comes with perks and weaknesses being so small. A perk, they're excellent at stealing intel because no one will notice they're even in the same room. A weakness is someone might accidentally step on your spy. I think its fine as is, but if we find later that it needs a limit, then we will do so.

Ah, thank.
And of course I won't let them get step on that easily! They came with a bird partner for a reason! :p

This just makes me even more excited to get started. I've got no issues with it. For me, magic is fine as long as its balanced and is used just as another story telling element. I've only got a question about your religion, do he and she have names or are they sacred and shall not be spoken like Voldemort or their legend is so old that their names were simply forgotten, just curious, still great though.

This is gonna be no problem, the Hill's biome is yours to create. An updated map will be posted once we have all the factions. Exact locations will be revealed with that new map, so no one will know exactly where their neighbors are until we begin.

They have names and i thought about saying it in the bio but ruled against it, as part of the faith those who seek to deepen their bonds to the religion go to the deep alter and listen to the whispers, the faint sounds of the caves and in it may hear their names. they give a small list of names that mean different things only the theocracy clam to know and understand. but in those names shared are true names of She and He rumored to be spoken only to the ruling body or those that have proved themselves valued. So yeah, their names themselves are a religious experience and is kept within families or self.

By law any one can seek out the deep alter as well as those who are not Telanth may go, while the rules for fellow Telanth vs others is different they both more or less follow a rite of blood, a challenge to see if you are truly able to listen in hand with a ritual that has both tattoos and Flay-runes placed on the body. SO its not something taken lightly, bonus: Tattoos and the flay runes on the skin for the Telanth shows a devotion and strength, rewarded for completion of rites, to command a knowledge or having done some feat thus making you more SEXY!

O
h yeah forgot to add in what kinda money they use, living in whats more or less a mine shaft copper, gold, silver are kinda "meh" metals and are more about the basic exchange, this for that. they don't have coins but rather small ingots of rare metals, gem stones/crystals. Copper finds more value as it conducts energy over gold and silver.

They do have a forge foundation for smelting some metals but i am unsure what age we are sitting at and if the power to smithy curve metals and carbon iron is a thing[steel] or if we can make alloys like bronze[Tin and copper] much less any fantasy alloy.

Last edited:
They have names and i thought about saying it in the bio but ruled against it, as part of the faith those who seek to deepen their bonds to the religion go to the deep alter and listen to the whispers, the faint sounds of the caves and in it may hear their names. they give a small list of names that mean different things only the theocracy clam to know and understand. but in those names shared are true names of She and He rumored to be spoken only to the ruling body or those that have proved themselves valued. So yeah, their names themselves our a religious experience and is kept within families or self.

By law any one can seek out the deep alter as well as those who are not Telanth may go, while the rules for fellow Telanth vs others is different they both more or less follow a rite of blood, a challenge to see if you are truly able to listen in hand with a ritual that has both tattoos and Flay-runes placed on the body. SO its not something taken lightly, bonus: Tattoos and the flay runes on the skin for the Telanth shows a devotion and strength, rewarded for completion of rites, to command a knowledge or having done some feat thus making you more SEXY!

O
h yeah forgot to add in what kinda money they use, living in whats more or less a mine shaft copper, gold, silver are kinda "meh" metals and are more about the basic exchange, this for that. they don't have coins but rather small ingots of rare metals, gem stones/crystals. Copper finds more value as it conducts energy over gold and silver.

They do have a forge foundation for smelting some metals but i am unsure what age we are sitting at and if the power to smithy curve metals and carbon iron is a thing[steel] or if we can make alloys like bronze[Tin and copper] much less any fantasy alloy.
So they pretty much run on barter system?
Also, what does it take to make a Talanth acknowledge you?

So they pretty much run on barter system?
Also, what does it take to make a Talanth acknowledge you?

You'd have to do something to stand out and most likely not use outward magic in front of them [however that is subject to who you are dealing with, where. all that jazz] They are also very hungry for any kind of knowledge and respect greatly elders or any one who shows a devoted mastery in any skill. combat wise handling their malice in spell work or knocking their arrows would gain their respect.
they also know and understand they are not liked so general kindness could work on some, However, they could just be scoping you out to be cattle so ..yeah..
They do value the formal challenge when given to them they view of worth, Single Tenlanth [in that they are in the overworld alone or with a small group] tend to be alot more friendlier, more so if they travel or do trade--working in one of their trade towns/burrows. They love music and most persons of the race can weld a lute/flute or make use of their voices, tend to be very loud in taverns. Bar games, be it arm wrestling, knife throwing, drinking etc would be a good way to get close.
They are very stark in contrast with their own bars and taverns as those found within Telanth are very silent and relaxing letting music play and wash over them, in this respect having a band come and play for them could win you some love.

They have names and i thought about saying it in the bio but ruled against it, as part of the faith those who seek to deepen their bonds to the religion go to the deep alter and listen to the whispers, the faint sounds of the caves and in it may hear their names. they give a small list of names that mean different things only the theocracy clam to know and understand. but in those names shared are true names of She and He rumored to be spoken only to the ruling body or those that have proved themselves valued. So yeah, their names themselves our a religious experience and is kept within families or self.

O

The Great war was fought mainly with steel/iron weapons and that's what the standard still is now. There's no special ores yet, but that could be subject to change. Crossbows and catapults are about the peak of military tech so far.

Again, no complaints, absolutely great. The Lycan nemesis sounds awesome, I'm more interested because who doesn't want to see a wolf-man fight a dinosaur. Now were you thinking men who just become wolves when the moon's out or grotesque wolf-human hybrid? My personal vote would be for the grotesque monsters but its your story, so your call.

Oh, the grotesque hybrid, for sure. Perhaps the features grow more and less pronounced given the cycle of the moon, but they're monsters 24/7 definitely. Wouldn't be edge and grotesque and dark, otherwise.

At any rate, the original concept, which I'll probably write out later as a history for the region, was that it was a land completely filled with barbarians, where Lycan packs and ampires preyed in equal measure upon the constantly warring tribes and small empires. The Jagannath rolled in, barely managed to hold on, then learned superior forging techniques and rapidly dominated the area through a series of skilled leaders, before finally being restrained both geographically and politically by the other major factions.

If you're looking for an encyclopedia as well, I can get a few major lycan tribes detailed, as well as some of the specific plagues of the Jaganath, and some of the unique wildlife and plants to the Iron Hills. I don't have much going on today, so I'll try to do some of that, if I can find the time.

i got some ideas for some of the critters and plant life that could be running around, can go into detail/build upon if you guys like em. ill start from my races space and branch out.

Bio-luminescent Fungi--

Gore fall caps: A large fungi that has much use in the telanth controlled caves, the stalk grows high and along the walls before its crowns into a pot shape, the spores puss inside the pot till they over flow and "bleed" out looking like a sanguine water fall of chunky flesh leaking down to the floor. They give off a scent that would lure creatures to it only to find getting to close or getting any of the spore sludge on you has you recoil in pain as its acid-like effects melt into your body, the spores bloom and root and start to digest their victims. once they die the stalks grows out and latch to a wall starting over. While the spore slime is toxic and parasitic the stalks are very tasty and rich with protein. Glow is based on what they sprout from, can be fed bodies. Reds, oranges, yellows, whites.

Stone Bells: Fungi that takes root into the walls and ceiling consuming both cave spider silks, silk worms and other local life but often do well with just stone rich with minerals. They root out and become hard like wood as time goes on, if grown with care can help enforce tunnels. the fungi is often very old pooling excess minerals and proteins in small sacs that hang out of the root mixing a chemical it can pop to ward off anything that would try to eat or harm it, it glows brightly [still rather dim] The chemical cant kill but leaves a horrid rash and makes you smell god awful. Glow is often greens and purples, blue can be found but is rare.

Fickle Fingers: An odd fungi that feeds off dust in the air via a long hair stalk that pokes out of its chunky base, the hairs have small hooks in them as to latch on to anything brushing along them that then pops out the stalk freeing a cloud of spores leaving the fat base stuck on whatever its going out of. Look like bony fingers reaching out of the wall. Glow changes to a deep red to a white pending on how old it is.

Unpleasant creatures--

Ghost Spider: A blind pure white spider about the size of a small human, four-five feet leg to leg. Uses a powerful sense of smell and silken trip wires/hairs to stalk prey. the spider has the power to jump and will often leap to bite before shuffling away waiting for the victim to die. No nest, hunts. Stays away from the Telanth who one: smell bad to the spider and two: diet of fungus and other cave creatures have made them semi immune to the poison and three: relation between spider and telanth, they command the intellect to remember the smells of others allowing them to be trained and kept as pets. must have eggs harvested before the hatch to be trained. Is very fast but only in short burst

Stone stalker :A massive and very hated spider, makes a nest near the openings of caves and tunnels, its silk is highly prized due to its many uses and natural light diffusing effects. Has no venom but rather a small glowing feather like hair at the ends of its forelegs that it waves around to lure prey to it. Is about 12-16 feet in length , very flat allowing it to make any ol crack or slip a hiding place. horrid fangs that can crush through steel armor and spill digestive fluids into the body as well as a harder than normal exoskeleton. Cant jump but can skuttle side to side very fast. Subject to smells and light, bright lights can daze it, strong scents can dissuade it. has two very large black eyes that peek around the edge of tunnels. Makes a nest and spite its size is rather passive if not a tad curious, does not spin webs outside the use of a home, as such makes use of its eyes. tries to attack from above.

False Song: a lizard that mimics the sounds it hears, it glows brightly when courting. makes sounds that can sound like talking or screams, the earth moving or even a few notes from a song. males are judged by their song and glow as females violently fight each other to play as "queen" picking the most lit and noisy male, once taken they leave and the fighting picks up, females glow some too but are dimmer and tend to be larger. Female False Songs during mating season are highly aggressive while males can give you a nasty whip with their tails should you get to close. is about 2-3 feet long with bigger ones getting 4-5 feet Very fast.

Gleam Eel: a very large, very tasty eel found in the deep and cold waters within the caves. has a nasty bite and thorns in its fin, blisters out a colorful array of lights when they feel threaten or when courting. about 6-12 feet in length and about 5-8 inches thick.

Glitter centipede: apart from its cute name, this large insect can kill you via toxic vomit. it will barf out a mixture of elements its eaten inside the cave that then hardens once expelled encasing its victim in a glassy cage or stuck to a wall/floor. it will start to eat its victim alive spitting out more should they fight back. Very slow process. The vomit is valuable as it can be polished or chipped to make a razor edged blade or arrow tip. hunt in packs. Start out about 1-2 feet and can endlessly grow getting bigger and bigger. Exoskeleton can make a powerful Hallucinogenic drug, meat is unpleasantly squishy but very rich in many vitamins. helps skin look healthy making it popular with woman however its sold under the guise of "Glitter meat" and vague explaining where it comes from when trading with other races.

Plant life--

Whisper vine: A sickly, fleshly vine with a meaty texture and sheen when light shines on it. the plant filters air with a slow lung like pulse inside its vines giving it a gentle "ahhh hooo" sound, very subtle. blooms a slightly sad looking flower with no color but shimmers just so faintly one could miss it, seeds inside give out a tender sweet scent to get other creatures to eat it. is bitter. vines react to being touched.

Weeping Water Willows : A tree that grows near the bodies of water inside the cave, creeping roots clamp down stone as they weave down into the water, is filtered and stored in its leafs that droop down from the jagged branches that wire up and away. the small sacks of water glow and are so rich with vitamins and minerals to just pluck it off the branch and drink it would cause even the robust guts of the telanth to cut and wrench in pain, blindness, exploding backside, discolored skin. When the tree bears fruit the water sacks chime and drain into the fruit that is often stolen away by the creatures in the cave. Very health, very tasty. gives a great boost of energy and side to help fertility and stir the desire. Old men from around the world rejoice.

Maze hat moss : a comfy soft moss that grows atop of rocks smoothing them out with a complex design, growing only on top of them giving the illusion of hats. They grow wide and thick, a healthy grove could hide your feet up to your ankles. when eaten/smoked or when added to incense it relaxes and makes one want to sleep. Should note that the moss is trying to eat you, the sleeping relax effect is in fact a chemical made in reaction to being touched or cut making victims stay still as the moss would slowly take over but is to weak for larger beings. doesn't occur over night so sleeping in it is ok, heheh.

ill think up some overworld stuff later, what do you guys think of these?

Oh, the grotesque hybrid, for sure. Perhaps the features grow more and less pronounced given the cycle of the moon, but they're monsters 24/7 definitely. Wouldn't be edge and grotesque and dark, otherwise.

At any rate, the original concept, which I'll probably write out later as a history for the region, was that it was a land completely filled with barbarians, where Lycan packs and ampires preyed in equal measure upon the constantly warring tribes and small empires. The Jagannath rolled in, barely managed to hold on, then learned superior forging techniques and rapidly dominated the area through a series of skilled leaders, before finally being restrained both geographically and politically by the other major factions.

If you're looking for an encyclopedia as well, I can get a few major lycan tribes detailed, as well as some of the specific plagues of the Jaganath, and some of the unique wildlife and plants to the Iron Hills. I don't have much going on today, so I'll try to do some of that, if I can find the time.

The Lycan tribes sound awesome and I'm interested in your ideas for them. I don't want to spoil the map before its done, but I've set aside a whole forest for them to control. As for vampires, I'm more open to this idea pending more information. Again, I would lean more towards a monstrous version, like a mutant bat or man-bat hybrid, rather than a typical vampire.

i got some ideas for some of the critters and plant life that could be running around, can go into detail/build upon if you guys like em. ill start from my races space and branch out.

Bio-luminescent Fungi--

Gore fall caps: A large fungi that has much use in the telanth controlled caves, the stalk grows high and along the walls before its crowns into a pot shape, the spores puss inside the pot till they over flow and "bleed" out looking like a sanguine water fall of chunky flesh leaking down to the floor. They give off a scent that would lure creatures to it only to find getting to close or getting any of the spore sludge on you has you recoil in pain as its acid-like effects melt into your body, the spores bloom and root and start to digest their victims. once they die the stalks grows out and latch to a wall starting over. While the spore slime is toxic and parasitic the stalks are very tasty and rich with protein. Glow is based on what they sprout from, can be fed bodies. Reds, oranges, yellows, whites.

Stone Bells: Fungi that takes root into the walls and ceiling consuming both cave spider silks, silk worms and other local life but often do well with just stone rich with minerals. They root out and become hard like wood as time goes on, if grown with care can help enforce tunnels. the fungi is often very old pooling excess minerals and proteins in small sacs that hang out of the root mixing a chemical it can pop to ward off anything that would try to eat or harm it, it glows brightly [still rather dim] The chemical cant kill but leaves a horrid rash and makes you smell god awful. Glow is often greens and purples, blue can be found but is rare.

Fickle Fingers: An odd fungi that feeds off dust in the air via a long hair stalk that pokes out of its chunky base, the hairs have small hooks in them as to latch on to anything brushing along them that then pops out the stalk freeing a cloud of spores leaving the fat base stuck on whatever its going out of. Look like bony fingers reaching out of the wall. Glow changes to a deep red to a white pending on how old it is.

Unpleasant creatures--

Ghost Spider: A blind pure white spider about the size of a small human, four-five feet leg to leg. Uses a powerful sense of smell and silken trip wires/hairs to stalk prey. the spider has the power to jump and will often leap to bite before shuffling away waiting for the victim to die. No nest, hunts. Stays away from the Telanth who one: smell bad to the spider and two: diet of fungus and other cave creatures have made them semi immune to the poison and three: relation between spider and telanth, they command the intellect to remember the smells of others allowing them to be trained and kept as pets. must have eggs harvested before the hatch to be trained. Is very fast but only in short burst

Stone stalker :A massive and very hated spider, makes a nest near the openings of caves and tunnels, its silk is highly prized due to its many uses and natural light diffusing effects. Has no venom but rather a small glowing feather like hair at the ends of its forelegs that it waves around to lure prey to it. Is about 12-16 feet in length , very flat allowing it to make any ol crack or slip a hiding place. horrid fangs that can crush through steel armor and spill digestive fluids into the body as well as a harder than normal exoskeleton. Cant jump but can skuttle side to side very fast. Subject to smells and light, bright lights can daze it, strong scents can dissuade it. has two very large black eyes that peek around the edge of tunnels. Makes a nest and spite its size is rather passive if not a tad curious, does not spin webs outside the use of a home, as such makes use of its eyes. tries to attack from above.

False Song: a lizard that mimics the sounds it hears, it glows brightly when courting. makes sounds that can sound like talking or screams, the earth moving or even a few notes from a song. males are judged by their song and glow as females violently fight each other to play as "queen" picking the most lit and noisy male, once taken they leave and the fighting picks up, females glow some too but are dimmer and tend to be larger. Female False Songs during mating season are highly aggressive while males can give you a nasty whip with their tails should you get to close. is about 2-3 feet long with bigger ones getting 4-5 feet Very fast.

Gleam Eel: a very large, very tasty eel found in the deep and cold waters within the caves. has a nasty bite and thorns in its fin, blisters out a colorful array of lights when they feel threaten or when courting. about 6-12 feet in length and about 5-8 inches thick.

Glitter centipede: apart from its cute name, this large insect can kill you via toxic vomit. it will barf out a mixture of elements its eaten inside the cave that then hardens once expelled encasing its victim in a glassy cage or stuck to a wall/floor. it will start to eat its victim alive spitting out more should they fight back. Very slow process. The vomit is valuable as it can be polished or chipped to make a razor edged blade or arrow tip. hunt in packs. Start out about 1-2 feet and can endlessly grow getting bigger and bigger. Exoskeleton can make a powerful Hallucinogenic drug, meat is unpleasantly squishy but very rich in many vitamins. helps skin look healthy making it popular with woman however its sold under the guise of "Glitter meat" and vague explaining where it comes from when trading with other races.

Plant life--

Whisper vine: A sickly, fleshly vine with a meaty texture and sheen when light shines on it. the plant filters air with a slow lung like pulse inside its vines giving it a gentle "ahhh hooo" sound, very subtle. blooms a slightly sad looking flower with no color but shimmers just so faintly one could miss it, seeds inside give out a tender sweet scent to get other creatures to eat it. is bitter. vines react to being touched.

Weeping Water Willows : A tree that grows near the bodies of water inside the cave, creeping roots clamp down stone as they weave down into the water, is filtered and stored in its leafs that droop down from the jagged branches that wire up and away. the small sacks of water glow and are so rich with vitamins and minerals to just pluck it off the branch and drink it would cause even the robust guts of the telanth to cut and wrench in pain, blindness, exploding backside, discolored skin. When the tree bears fruit the water sacks chime and drain into the fruit that is often stolen away by the creatures in the cave. Very health, very tasty. gives a great boost of energy and side to help fertility and stir the desire. Old men from around the world rejoice.

Maze hat moss : a comfy soft moss that grows atop of rocks smoothing them out with a complex design, growing only on top of them giving the illusion of hats. They grow wide and thick, a healthy grove could hide your feet up to your ankles. when eaten/smoked or when added to incense it relaxes and makes one want to sleep. Should note that the moss is trying to eat you, the sleeping relax effect is in fact a chemical made in reaction to being touched or cut making victims stay still as the moss would slowly take over but is to weak for larger beings. doesn't occur over night so sleeping in it is ok, heheh.

ill think up some overworld stuff later, what do you guys think of these?

Given all the creativity bouncing around the encyclopedia will have to be its own multi-thread. I have to say, even if we don't get the full 6, I'm still pretty pumped about this RP.

So I'm gonna post these here for now, so you have the guidelines. Feel free to expand as much as you want. Postpone posting the sheets here, I'll be making threads for each soon. Im impatient so we may just start and leave room for 3 more players to join in. Also going to start a separate thread for military set up, the guidelines of how battles will happen, and we can start to discuss any rules we might want to add.
Unit name: What is the unit called)
Class: ( Infantry, Cavalry, Ranged, Magic)
Armor type: (Heavy, Medium, Light)
Weapon: (what weapons do they use)
Special: (Does this unit have a special trait or ability, i.e. have wings, breathes fire, etc.)
Pros: (name at least two strengths of this unit)
Cons: (name at least two weaknesses of this unit)
Threat Level: Based on the following options please assign your unit a threat level
  1. Cannon Fodder. These units are the grunts, and are expendable.
  2. Cannon Ball. These units are well trained, well equipped, and are reliable.
  3. Catapult. The upper echelon, top tier equipment, top tier training, nearly unbeatable
  4. Captain. The absolute best of the best. When all else fails, they don’t.
Species Name: (Name of the creature & possible nicknames)
Body type: (bird, four legged, fish, humanoid, etc.)
Diet: (Herbivore, Carnivore, Omnivore)
Habitat: (Wetlands, Caves, Tropical forests, etc.)
Description: (A synopsis of its abilities, strengths and weaknesses, as well as a description of the creatures features.) (Pictures encouraged)
Threat level: Based on the following scale please rate the creature’s threat level
  1. Not a threat at all. Like a butterfly or house cat, they pose no threat
  2. Possible but unlikely threat. Like a cow or donkey, they are passive unless acted upon in which case they can be a disturbance
  3. Possible Threat. Such as a Mammoth, they have the ability to do great damage, but its a coin toss of how they might act when encountered.
  4. Likely threat. Natures second tier predators. These guys are docile until they notice an unfamiliar face or a weak prey. Capable of taking out entire squads.
  5. Unholy threat. Forces of nature with sentience. They are hostile and they are the top of the food chain. To kill or tame a creature of this size and power is a feat accomplished by few.
*All level 4 & 5 creatures must be approved by GM*

ill wait till the forum pages are up before i add on to stuff, hope we can pull some more folks in before we start.
Heres looking to it.

The Iron Hills are a vast region of dense hills. The terrain is rocky and mountainous, and the soil is a dark red black hue, on account of historical volcanic activity. The overall terrain is very rocky, mostly consisting of outcroppings of basalt and granite, leaving little expanse of open terrain suitable for farming, or the construction of roads, though the two stones most commonly make up over ninety percent of all buildings in the region. Iron and coal deposits within the region exist commonly at both the surface level and at depth in the area, and seeing either exposed naturally on the surface is not uncommon.

The Iron Hills receive a large amount of rainfall annually. The sky is almost perpetually gray, and it remains fairly cool year round. Winters are rough, but not devastating, and summers are often mild and humid. These conditions lead to an abundance of hardy, tough plants adapted to survive in the rugged environment. The large, heavy trees that grow in the region are often scattered in large clumps, rather than grouped as a forest, and the stringy grasses and lichens are generally a deep green. Certain hardy flowers and plants bloom as well, the most common colors being white, black, red, orange and purple.

One of the most notable features in the Iron Hills is a place known as the Valley of Acheron. A long, deep, but narrow river that rushes through a valley of columnar basalt. It's distance and impassibility have made it a natural barrier for the Jagannath empire, who have only built three bridges over it in total, protecting one side of their empire extremely well.

Another unusual geographic feature are the Knife Hills. Another expanse of volcanic rock, erosion by water and wind have produced a range of hills with extremely sharp rock formations, The rocks blades are truly razor sharp, and sit on the outer edge of the Jagannath empire, although the empire does encompass them entirely, making them another difficult obstacle for getting to the outer edge of the empire.

Also unique to the Iron Hills is the presence of boiling lakes. Large pools of water heated by underground magma, these lakes can reach temperatures high enough to boil someone alive, and the sulfur fumes generated from vents nearby often nauseate the individuals near them. For most races, even just the area around them is a danger zone. These pools can vary in color, depending on the soil near them and the minerals deposited, but are most commonly bright blues tinged with yellow, and blanch white.

Certain types of plants are extremely common in the Iron Hills region, favoring the climate and terrain especially.

Berries, for example, grow extremely well. Blackberries, raspberries, blueberries and elderberries grow particularly well, their tough, thorny nature well suited for the harsh terrain and lack of flat space. Commonly, these are brewed into different alcoholic beverages and turned into jams, where they can be stored for long periods of time without spoilage. It also creates another major difficulty, however, when land needs to be cleared, due to the difficulty of removing the barbed plants.

In terms of trees, pine, oak, ash, elm, and birch are the most common, growing in small, isolated groves scattered throughout the environment. Pine, however, is the most dominant. Due to their relative scarcity, they are only rarely used as fuel, and carefully preserved. Generally, items such as bows and arrows, and other items that require light weight and flexibility, are the only ones produced from wood. In the Jagannath Empire, in some ways, it is more valuable than metal.

Major harvest plants in the area are wheat, potatoes, onions, turnips and potatoes. Potatoes are generally the greatest portion of the harvest, the most fruitful and hardy plant with the least required effort. Wheat is the next major staple, being grown in any flat, open area avaliable. Generally, it is grown mostly towards the inner portions of the empire, where trees have been deforested and land has been flattened the most. Turnips and onions also round out the harvest, and the crops that are not immediately consumed are generally put into long term storage, rather than exported.

The Iron Hills are less diverse in terms of general fauna than other regions.

The primary domesticated animals in the region are cows, goats, and pigs, and are the primary staples of diet other than the harvest. Horses exist to a far lesser degree, even more rarely, chickens. Horses are simply of little use, and aren't kept, while chickens are far more difficult to keep warm during the winter than other warm blooded animals. Jagannath will keep pets, although the relationship is a strictly working one, dogs being used for tracking and hunting while cats for rodent removal.

Intermediate tier predators of note include black wolves, larger than ordinary wolves that usually operate in small packs of two to five, and the winter cougar, a species of large, white hunting cats. Rarely are either ever tamed. In terms of higher tier, apex predators in the region, the iron bear and the great hill wolf stand supreme, yielding to only a few rare monstrous animals in the wild. The iron bear is a large, tough bear, and while it's size, speed and strength are roughly what one would expect from a bear of that size, it's hide is what makes it unusual, as it is nearly as strong as steel. The great wolf, on the other hand, is far, far larger than an ordinary wolf, yet has strength and speed far beyond the ordinary. Thankfully, both are rare, and reproduce slowly, keeping their population manageable.

I think I'm done with my race's info. I'll add some unique/rare animals around the forest later.

This is a really cool concept, could I jump in? I'd like to try my hand at a bigger world-building project.

Question about how the story itself would work, though. Because of simple geographical constraints, there wouldn't be a ton of interaction between PCs, would there? I like the idea of everyone getting to design their own nation, but I guess I'm not sure how it'd work.

there is a problem, something that can kill any one of us and if given the time all of us, so we must work a path of our design, do we work as friends? steal and undermine one another to get the resources we need to fight the demon hoard? maybe even use them to kill others. we rp both as the nation itself and important persons that could alter the out come of would be fate.

I am unsure of how GM tends to do it but most rps of this nature have a post order, at the end of the post order [every player makes a post] a length of time passes by like a month, maybe a week. If it ends up being a play by post then i am sure it slows down or becomes focused between the concerned parties in that every post between those parties have headline flagging it as just between those parties with maybe X time in real world to see if some one wants to mess with or inject an element.

Another forum could be made as we rp as smaller spheres of power within our nations though this wouldn't be needed till things got more complex. So we the players make many characters that interact with one another, live and die under our banners. Also pending on how complex he wants to go about it Rping as a group to mess with another group IE Raid party on a small undefended town steals civilians, production of whatever they make plus all product that wasn't sent already, so you could if you wanted raid/ burn farm lands and then starve out a force rather than fight them. you get a bonus product and some slaves [if you take them alive]

Mean sure there is a foe that will kill us all but realistically we still all hate/distrust each other due to a long standing war, while some races/civilizations can forgive and focus on the other threat some may view as the means to get two birds with one stone...so i guess in my mind the fun is the mind games and choices you have to make to seek out whatever goal you have in mind.

Like lets say my group wants to get something from your group but then this one guy is preaching me and mine are all cheats and bastards, Well...now i gotta kill a fker. i have to send an assassin or black mail or conjure up some plot to remove or change his mind. maybe he is a religious figure so killing him out right may cause some sorta backlash, cant do that... cant kill him? then must kill his character. whole rp based on movements, lies and plots with the out come being something that changes the whole board. all while the pressures of outside weigh in.

Buuuut this is my guess work on how this rp may or may not be, gotta ask mr gm! so yeaaah...

Back