(Fantasy/Magic/Academy) Stahlhiem College of Magic

If you're interested in joining which race would you be?

• Borderman

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Britainnian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Griffin Civilian

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Verdiantkin

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Hammer Folk

• Wastelander

• Total voters
Oh, and while I'm thinking about it. OOC we should decide who ended up rooming with each other since we bypassed that decision.

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. It's much easier to post OOC while at work than it is IC. My suggestion is that during the week we post as we can. If @ChelonianCommander wants to move time forward than he can check in to see if anyone wants to post anything first. Then we can try the weekend thing if everyone can make it. It would be easier for me to make it 12:30am-2:30 am so I can actually get home from work before things start. It might not always work out perfect, though, but I'll try to give notice ahead of time. When we all get together to do the chat RP, we should have a posting order so we don't post over one another, or if there's a specific conversation going on, we can agree to allow those PCs post until finished. My two cents

Woo I might put something up in the next hour or so and then I can respond in about four hours ugh. But I'm free as a bird for a while after that if anyone is around

I'm getting closer to having free time. I just finished my business pitch today. Surprisingly, my idea was so good that my professor wanted me to give the pitch to his wife's company. So, probably got an A.

The next big presentation is my Organizational Behavior Model of Organizational Commitment, and that is tomorrow at 1. Then I need to write 4 pages on my international business paper. And then all that is left is studying for finals.

Sorry everyone is waiting, but hey, at least Miki's sleepiness is giving me an out :p. I'm looking forward to some more RP action! And, just as an aside, regardless of her official roommate, Miki took a liking to Rahvi, so she'll have slept in/around her bed, whatever Rahvi let her get away with.

Oh, and I'll be super crazy busy, so I'm poofing for the night.

Also I guess I should throw in that I'll be on winter vacation at my job from Dec. 23-Jan. 2. So during that time I will have a bit more freedom

Woo! Well we can easily say that Mikida shared Rahvi's bed-I suspected that might end up being the case so I mentioned the size of the bed being excessive hahaha.

Well I am a muso so it's just sorta gonna be when I'm around I'm around. Between boxing day and new year I'm at a festival but can do slow posting and maybe fast depending on the day. Theeen I'm away in the middle of Jan but again, play it by ear. :p

So everyone me and Gat decided to skip ahead to the nightly patrol with Ella and Vulmar. It might be more entertaining to watch or do.

Okay, big long speech time. Let me give you guys my two cents about what we're doing here. First off, Commander, I love the world you've build for us, and I'm invested in these characters, the unfolding story, and the NPCs. You've clearly put work into this for us, and for that I thank you.

How I run my RPs is kinda like a movie, every scene either moves the story forward or gives some
context or insight to a character. If there's any idle chatter, it's only for flavor and depth. I'll give an example.

I'm older than all of you so I don't know how familiar you are with the Terrantino movie Pulp Fiction. There's a scene in which one character is describing the differences between the names of fast food burgers in the States and the names in Europe. A quarter pounder with cheese in America is the Royal with cheese in Europe because of the metric system. The scene wasn't integral to the plot at all, but it gave color and depth to the characters. They weren't just these plastic archetypes shot into a story, it gave them realism and authenticity because that's the normal shit people really talk about.

This was written well and presented in a very consise and to-the-point manner. No fluff.

I think all of this down time we're trying to fill can be covered in a paragraph or two without us having to RP every aspect of their college life. We can give flavor to our characters, establish whatever ships folks want to achieve, and then get on to the dramatic bits that everyone keeps coming back for. Our first session when everyone was together was magic, I don't think anyone would deny that. I think we've been kind of trying to get back there ever since. We have some good writing, and Commander had thrown in some great story beats, but I think we need to trim the day-to-day stuff and focus on the stuff that's closer to the plot of a story or movie.

Sorry for the rant, I just like what we have and I don't want us to fall off of it.

I agree with Gat. I've primarily been spinning my wheels as I really don't have much to work with in terms of plot. I've been trying to build up this plot but I've been busy with babysitting and the holidays and such and for Gat to put this forward makes me realize that I should just trim the fat and get to the meat of the plot.

Yes this! I find it eeally hard to write anything without something to work towards. Can we establish some stuff we want to happen? Characters, plot?
How much of a plot do you have in mind, Commander?
I personally have been pushing towards Rahvi finding out about Mikida and a close friendship with Ella. As I said, I am way more about character than actual plot points, which I am in fact rubbish with, so if anyone has any ideas, shoot!

Yes this! I find it eeally hard to write anything without something to work towards. Can we establish some stuff we want to happen? Characters, plot?
How much of a plot do you have in mind, Commander?
I personally have been pushing towards Rahvi finding out about Mikida and a close friendship with Ella. As I said, I am way more about character than actual plot points, which I am in fact rubbish with, so if anyone has any ideas, shoot!

I don't know what you mean by how much plot I have in mind? Mind explaining?

Back