(Fantasy/Magic/Academy) Stahlhiem College of Magic

If you're interested in joining which race would you be?

• Borderman

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Britainnian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Griffin Civilian

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Verdiantkin

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Hammer Folk

• Wastelander

• Total voters
Mind magic only effects the thoughts and emotions, while illusion magic affects the senses. Example, Steven will be able to make someone feel afraid for a while, while Mikida can make an image of something that makes someone afraid.

As to the whole thing, Mikida is using a high level scroll given to her by a friend. The only people who will be able to detect her will be the Void Born, as they aren't affected by magic, and high level Illusion Mages, AKA 18th years and higher.

Alright. Should I rewrite my post?

So I'm assuming it was the pyromaniac who started the fire but I really don't mind if you wanna pull me back on that? Haha

Yeah, that was why I didn't actually point anyone out yet. I was thinking more that she'd seen a face, than she knew an identity. Are the other masters in the hall?

I was about to post, and to the second part yes and yes. During Class periods you'll be studying under the same teacher, and during your free periods you have the option of studying under older students or studying up on your magic yourself.

I noticed the RP was marked mature so this might be a silly question, but I'm very sweary. Fuck, shit, and goddman are staples in my vocab. Is this okay or would you rather me limit it?

if anyone does not like me cursing during the RP please let me know. Its how I like to speak, but I have no problem cutting it out if anyone is offended.

So, ummm, this is maybe not my place to say anything about, but I tend not to be the type to stay silent. I think that there are an awful lot of one-liners. I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with them, but I think BB's posts really show that there is a lot of detail that could be going into our posts. I don't mean to say that anyone needs to change, but rather, this is just a suggestion to spend more time thinking about what our characters are doing so that we can build personalities that we can really get attached to.

I agree. Personally I think it's because it's just rather chaotic, with everyone writing down and posting at the same time. I think i might try to do this thing in another RP, the Hero Guilds one, where we just go in a certain order.

I agree. Personally I think it's because it's just rather chaotic, with everyone writing down and posting at the same time. I think i might try to do this thing in another RP, the Hero Guilds one, where we just go in a certain order.
Actually, from what I can tell, this RP is going to want us to post freeform. The risk with slowing down an RP is that it makes it get bogged down, slow, and even boring. This affects the motivation to post, which also affects post speed, leading to what I call the cycle of despair where people post slower and slower until nobody is posting at all. Turn based posting makes sense in some RPs, especially when you want a uniform flow of time, but in anything where you expect people to act independently it is generally pretty unnecessary.

Back