(Fantasy/Magic/Academy) Stahlhiem College of Magic

If you're interested in joining which race would you be?

• Borderman

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Britainnian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Griffin Civilian

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Verdiantkin

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Hammer Folk

• Wastelander

• Total voters
Name: Mikida
Age (15-20): 16
School of Magic: Illusions
Race: Wastelander (Just realized this is obvious since I listed mutation, Opps)
Appearance: Mikida's true form is unknown due to the use of a special and powerful illusions scroll known as the Veil of Anonymity. With this, Mikida is able to change how she appears to others without worrying about someone more powerful than her being able to break the illusion. So long as three conditions are met, the spell is unbreakable:
1. The maker of the scroll must be more powerful than anyone attempting to dispel the illusion
2. The scroll itself must remain intact
3. The user must never reveal their identity
Mutations: Unknown
Background: Unknown (Also willing to share in confidence)

Last edited:
Name: Mikida
Age (15-20): 16
School of Magic: Illusions
Race: Unknown (I'm willing to share this in confidence, it is one of the allowed races)
Appearance: Mikida's true form is unknown due to the use of a special and powerful illusions scroll known as the Veil of Anonymity. With this, Mikida is able to change how she appears to others without worrying about someone more powerful than her being able to break the illusion. So long as three conditions are met, the spell is unbreakable:
1. The maker of the scroll must be more powerful than anyone attempting to dispel the illusion
2. The scroll itself must remain intact
3. The user must never reveal their identity
Mutations: Unknown
Background: Unknown (Also willing to share in confidence)

I'll allow it. However, the Void Born will be able to see Mikida for what they really are due to the fact they are very magic resistant, Also since you're using a scroll, you're going to need to reapply the spell let's say..every 48 hours or the spell would dwindle. Just as a note, keep that scroll either on you at all times or hide it very well as Tunnel Goblins will on occasion steal the belongings of mages who aren't paying attention.

I'll allow it. However, the Void Born will be able to see Mikida for what they really are due to the fact they are very magic resistant, Also since you're using a scroll, you're going to need to reapply the spell let's say..every 48 hours or the spell would dwindle. Just as a note, keep that scroll either on you at all times or hide it very well as Tunnel Goblins will on occasion steal the belongings of mages who aren't paying attention.
Works for me. So long as Mikida isn't revealing it and they aren't dispelling it, Mikida can still meet all the conditions. Though, those pesky goblins :p.

Question. The inspiration for my character comes from a novel I read involving magic and the manipulation of metal. I'd like to know how far I can take it. So the character wore a vest of some kind with all these metal plates attached to it. I don't remember how they were attached, either by magnets or some kind of clasp that allowed for relatively easy removal. She (the character in the novel) would the use these plates for a variety of offensive and defensive maneuvers. To what extent can I manipulate metal? Can I manipulate it into any shape? How much metal can I manipulate? I don't want you to think I'm trying to 'game' the system. I'm way more interested in a good story that being some power freak. I just want an idea of what I can do. I plan on making my character 20 years old if that helps you gauge my relative level of competence.

As a mage of metal you wouldn't be able to do things like attach metal to each other but you would be able to do things like make sharpen a sword simply by touching it, fix metal objects, fuse together metal objects, and even turn something like a metal plate a metal ball. However since you're a novice, you can call small metal objects to you, fix small metal objects, and bend metal with your thoughts. Note that the thicker the object, or the denser the metal, the harder it would be to manipulate. The top tier Metal Mages can even turn iron into gold.

As a mage of metal you wouldn't be able to do things like attach metal to each other but you would be able to do things like make sharpen a sword simply by touching it, fix metal objects, fuse together metal objects, and even turn something like a metal plate a metal ball. However since you're a novice, you can call small metal objects to you, fix small metal objects, and bend metal with your thoughts. Note that the thicker the object, or the denser the metal, the harder it would be to manipulate. The top tier Metal Mages can even turn iron into gold.

Sounds good, thanks for the clarification

Wouldn't mind some restrictions on the School of Mind either just so I don't go too far haha

Would you mind giving me a crash course on illusion magic?

With illusion magic, you can create, as the name suggests, illusions. You can changing the appearance of things, without actually changing its physical form and you can also create ghostly apparitions that can move and act the way you want to. As a novice you're only able to do things like create apparitions of small animals, like rats or mice and change apperance of things like say your skin color or hair. Since you're doing the whole appearance thing, you're going to have sort of a handicap as it will take concentration and effort to maintain that illusion for long amount of time.

Wouldn't mind some restrictions on the School of Mind either just so I don't go too far haha

With you, you can only lift objects with your mind only if you're able to lift them with your hands. So you'll be able to lift something like an apple with almost no effort, but something like a will be more difficult. Also the longer you're using magic to hold something the more effort it will take. As a novice, holding up that apple will for something like 5 minutes will take as much effort as holding up a gold ingot for 1 minute. Note if you pull something towards you, unlike School of Metal, objects pulled towards you will NOT lose its speed. As for additional abilities, you'll able to pick up emotions of people if you really concentrate.

@Oscar

Also to get this out of the way, you would only be able to influence small animals, nothing bigger then a squirrel. As for communicating with them, yes and no. You can't talk to them, but you can somewhat tell what they're up too, like are they hungry, are they angry, etc.

Name: Ella Beaumont
School of Magic: Metal
Race: Boardermen
Appearance:
0-382-1024x901.jpg

Background: Ella is the daughter of a rich factory owner who never wanted the burden of a child. Quickly bored of material gifts that were supposed to surrogate parenthood, she ventured easily into her father's factory, effortlessly escaping his notice. She befriended several of the mechanics who specialized in keeping the machinery maintained. She learned to tinker with and fix almost every machine in the building. Early on, she displayed the proclivity of metal magic, a fact not lost on her pragmatically minded father. So when she was of age, off to college she went.

Ella hates that she comes from wealth and hides it as much as possible. She likes to think she's a level headed, detached pragmatist like her father. In reality, however, she's actually a very hot-headed, emotionally charged young woman ready to dictate to everyone the right way to do things, her way.

Last edited:
Seems good my friend.

Name: Ella Beaumont
School of Magic: Metal
Race: Boardermen
Appearance:
0-382-1024x901.jpg

Background: Ella is the daughter of a rich factory owner who never wanted the burden of a child. Quickly bored of material gifts that were supposed to surrogate parenthood, she ventured easily into her father's factory, effortlessly escaping his notice. She befriended several of the mechanics who specialized in keeping the machinery maintained. She learned to tinker with and fix almost every machine on the in the building. Early on, she displayed the proclivity of metal magic, a fact not lost on her pragmatically minded father. So when she was of age, off to college she went.

Ella hates that she comes from wealth and hides it as much as possible. She likes to think she's a level headed, detached pragmatist like her father. In reality, however, she's actually a very hot-headed, emotionally charged young woman ready to dictate to everyone the right way to do things, her way.

With illusion magic, you can create, as the name suggests, illusions. You can changing the appearance of things, without actually changing its physical form and you can also create ghostly apparitions that can move and act the way you want to. As a novice you're only able to do things like create apparitions of small animals, like rats or mice and change apperance of things like say your skin color or hair. Since you're doing the whole appearance thing, you're going to have sort of a handicap as it will take concentration and effort to maintain that illusion for long amount of time.
I'm going to try to negotiate. Can I use illusion magic for more than just appearances? I want to make illusions that affect senses other than sight.

Great. I was hoping to have Rahvi love and wreak havoc with the telekinetic side of her abilities but get increasingly put off and scared of the telepathic side as it grows. Should be fun. :p Do we have any starter plot points?

I'm going to try to negotiate. Can I use illusion magic for more than just appearances? I want to make illusions that affect senses other than sight.

Suuurre...but you will use up more magic to do both at the same time.

Great. I was hoping to have Rahvi love and wreak havoc with the telekinetic side of her abilities but get increasingly put off and scared of the telepathic side as it grows. Should be fun. :p Do we have any starter plot points?

Do you like fire?

One of the staff is a pyromaniac. Loves fire. Spends more time setting stuff on fire then he does actually teaching. Anything about the actual plot however I'm going to need to ask for 200 Crowns.

I think my character is the youngest here. Plus he doesn't know offensive magic. Besides having a Griffin.

Back