New User Greetings from your friendly neighborhood Squid

TuxedoSquid

Purveyor of fine memes
Hey there!
I'm here trying out RP per the recommendation of @Shadowsong.
I've done a bit of tabletop RP before and I'm sort of interested in DMing at some point, but I thought forum RP sounded fun! I like the arts too, so I'll probably be on those threads too.
Also, like my buddy @Thelrus, je parle un peu francais aussi.
Looking forward to being here!

TuxedoSquid

Greetings, squid. I am otter seal. It is a pleasure to meet you, welcome to our lovely circle.

YO! Hello and welcome hope you enjoy your time with us I'm sorry but i love Calamari and will probably try to eat you
1.Favorite Morality ie(evil,good,lawful,chaotic) to RP
2. Ranged or Melee
3. Favorite Font

YO! Hello and welcome hope you enjoy your time with us I'm sorry but i love Calamari and will probably try to eat you
1.Favorite Morality ie(evil,good,lawful,chaotic) to RP
2. Ranged or Melee
3. Favorite Font
His nickname is "Fancy Calamari" xD

1. Probably Chaotic Good - usually what I pick for RP
2. More experienced with ranged, but no preference
3. I like good ol' Arial or Georgia, and if you write ANYTHING in Comic Sans, Papyrus, or Curlz, I will light you on fire.

Nice to meet you, by the way xD

Well forum RP's aren't too different from tabletop, but there are some noticeable differences:

1. It's not live, you make a post, wait for another post, repeat. (Except if you use a chatroom and plan meet ups)
2. It's a lot more focused on Narrative experiences. You can fight, but it's always in a "what feels right" sense. So you get a double edged sword in that there's no dice or mechanics to balance things, but you also get more creative freedom.
3. It's *usually* easier to find a group, because no one's beholden to be on by a certain time of day.

But it is still RP, so most of the storytelling you're used to from tabletop should still be applicable here. :)
Also, I'd like to add to Neptunes ice breaking questions.

1. What is your favourite RP Genre?
2. What is so hot it's cool, yet so cool it's hot?
3. How many tickles does it take to make a squid laugh?

Back