Full Name: Meredith Cawl
Nicknames: Meri (Merry)
Species: Harpy
Magic?: Yes
Magic Element: Air Element
Years of magic Exp: 17
Physical Appearance:
Home Town:
A tucked away, tiny Harpy village within the mountains.
Occupation: Messenger for hire. Also does item retrievals/treasure hunting if the price is right.
Character Connections: Maddox (Ex-Partner, Lizardfolk), Beldamme (Ex-Mistress, Elven), Mikha (Sister), Misha (Sister), Vale (Biological mother)
Personality: Optimistic, excitable, and loud to a fault, Meredith is very warm and motherly to those she considers friends. Requiring a handful of friends to feel comfortable, Meri tends to get too close too quickly and makes her emotions no secret to anyone who will listen.
Backstory:
Meredith was born and brought up far from throws of civilization, within the small Harpy flocks that dotted the mountains. From a clutch of three, she and her two sisters were cared for by a rotating cast of doting aunties and were raised in a loving environment. This allowed the three to blossom socially, and by the age of 4 they were all complete jabber-jaws. Mikha was a gentle, soft-spoken young lady, Misha was a boisterous ball of fire, and Meredith was a balance between the two extremes; courtly, but not without strings of fiery passion woven into her persona. From a young age, Meredith and Mikha were discovered to be magic users: a celebrated trait hailed as a gift from Cerulea herself as magic had dwindled in the past generations. Dwindelled so far, that magic teachers from another flock had to be sought out for the two and delayed their training to age 9 instead of 4.

Meredith, though content with her life amongst her flock, felt the desire to 'fly the nest' (in both a figurative and literal sense). It wasn't uncommon for Harpies to leave during their teenage years to venture out, so at age 17 that's precisely what she did. It took two years of wandering for her to find a place to settle: the city of Azuris. Since the place was packed with magic and non-magic users alike, Meredith found no shortage of work flying between capitals to deliver messages ranging from petty love letters to important political declarations. It didn't matter to her. As long as there was pay behind it. Although not a household name, Meredith is known as a local gossip and tip dispenser- If there's a rumor going around, chances are Meredith is already informed (and possibly even started it).

Here's my character try (at last!)
Harpies are difficult to draw so hoo boy this took wayyyy longer than intended

Full Name: Meredith Cawl
Nicknames: Meri (Merry)
Species: Harpy
Magic?: Yes
Magic Element: Air Element
Years of magic Exp: 17
Physical Appearance:
Home Town:
A tucked away, tiny Harpy village within the mountains.
Occupation: Messenger for hire. Also does item retrievals/treasure hunting if the price is right.
Character Connections: Maddox (Ex-Partner, Lizardfolk), Beldamme (Ex-Mistress, Elven), Mikha (Sister), Misha (Sister), Vale (Biological mother)
Personality: Optimistic, excitable, and loud to a fault, Meredith is very warm and motherly to those she considers friends. Requiring a handful of friends to feel comfortable, Meri tends to get too close too quickly and makes her emotions no secret to anyone who will listen.
Backstory:
Meredith was born and brought up far from throws of civilization, within the small Harpy flocks that dotted the mountains. From a clutch of three, she and her two sisters were cared for by a rotating cast of doting aunties and were raised in a loving environment. This allowed the three to blossom socially, and by the age of 4 they were all complete jabber-jaws. Mikha was a gentle, soft-spoken young lady, Misha was a boisterous ball of fire, and Meredith was a balance between the two extremes; courtly, but not without strings of fiery passion woven into her persona. From a young age, Meredith and Mikha were discovered to be magic users: a celebrated trait hailed as a gift from Cerulea herself as magic had dwindled in the past generations. Dwindelled so far, that magic teachers from another flock had to be sought out for the two and delayed their training to age 9 instead of 4.

Meredith, though content with her life amongst her flock, felt the desire to 'fly the nest' (in both a figurative and literal sense). It wasn't uncommon for Harpies to leave during their teenage years to venture out, so at age 17 that's precisely what she did. It took two years of wandering for her to find a place to settle: the city of Azuris. Since the place was packed with magic and non-magic users alike, Meredith found no shortage of work flying between capitals to deliver messages ranging from petty love letters to important political declarations. It didn't matter to her. As long as there was pay behind it. Although not a household name, Meredith is known as a local gossip and tip dispenser- If there's a rumor going around, chances are Meredith is already informed (and possibly even started it).

OMG. Accepted. I love her.

Awesome. I'll also have Cassius up later tonight.

I almost had him done and then I pushed the wrong button and it deleted the last 3/4 of his backstory and personality. Now I have to redo it.

Must be a curse-- Exact same thing happened with half of Meredith's backstory, and the lineart for her reference image. Got deleted in a hurry so it had to be redone snappy.

I pushed the alert button without thinking and exited my post before I was done typing.

Your art is beautiful by the way.

Anyway, Cassius is in the character thread now.

Anyways we'll probably start by Thursday or Friday. Give some other people a chance to join. If they don't well we'll still start and maybe throw in some more characters later or hope more people join after we start.

Aw jeez, thank you! It's a pretty rough sketch but I'm glad it gets her character across.

And that sounds good! There's been a fair few people showing i
I believe the user Keekeel is interested, but their comment may have been buried by Meredith- If that's the case: Keekeel I'm sorry!

Full Name: Chase Conceit.
Nickname:None
Species:Shade
Magic:Yes
Magic element: Shadow/Darkness
Years of magic experience: 27

AppearanceView attachment 5980
Hometown: None. He is always flitting from place to place. He himself does not know where he was born.
Character connections: None.
Personality: He is cold, evil and uncaring. He hates anybody who gets in his way and is not afraid to 'move' them out of the picture for his own goals. His control over the shadows is exceedingly powerful, so he had to create a small ring,(Which he wears on his finger) To help channel the power. He does not trust people, and is currently training to summon shadow puppets that are stronger and stay for longer.
Backstory: He does not remember, all he remembers is fighting somebody in a bright white Armor, then he awoke in the middle of a small town called Ridius.

Back