New User Helloooo

Okay, demanding new users post is neat and effective. I probably wouldn’t have jumped in like this. My name is Mikkaila, but I usually go by Mik. Pronouns are she/her. I’m a writer and role playing is one of the best ways to get a few miles in so to speak. I hail from Gaiaonline. I’ve been role playing on their since I was 14 but now that I’m in my 20s I found the user base and overall feel of the site to be a little young and not overly centered on RPs, if ykno what I mean. (Says this after changing the site to pink)

Anyway, I love to play villains! I remember when I first read Othello launching an enormous defense of Iago. Villains should get points for DRIVING PLOTS and BEING INTERESTING. Maybe I’m a little chaotic. I am also Queer. Love a little sapphic romance deeply embedded in a high fantasy setting. I also love queer villains if anyone is looking for devious representation, I’m ya person.

Anyways feel free to talk to me guys! I’m working from home these days so I feel like I’ll have a lot of bandwidth to chat and post and such. Might try to become a mentor or a moderator!

How do I change my avatar? Also, is anyone else having trouble linking their discord? I’m on an iPad so it could be like a cross functionality issue. Which someone might want to be aware of? I don’t know. Guys talk to me I’m so bored and I drink too much caffeine.

Well, hello there. You should be able to change your avatar by going into your profile. To reach your profile click on your name and then you will see multiple options to customize your account. I will have to go take a look and see if there were instructions posted for linking to discord. I really want to say there are, but my memory is kinda faulty every now and then.

Anyway, great to see you here. My strange question of the day is to ask if you are using the word queer in the older meaning or the modern context? I always like to ask before assuming.

You have to set up your discord account with Storyteller's Circle first: https://www.storytellerscircle.com/account/connected-accounts/

After that you can click on the 'Discord' button in the top navigation bar to get the invitation code to join the server.

This may be the latest set of instructions regarding the discord account set up. Wow, maybe my brain really is a bit glitchy. I could have sworn there was more to it than this. ;)

Hi!

I got my discord linked! I think everything is just wonky on an iPad. Also can’t update my avatar until I have permission according to my digging lol. Also I mean queer in the new way, the positive way! I’m a lesbian. Yeehaw.

Oh yeah, I forgot that you need to have the account approval done to change the avatar. Have you read the member approval guide? That's the best way to get approved quickly. I don't think it will take any time at all given your current pace and enthusiasm. Also, I appreciate your candor and not taking offense at my rather direct question. No judgment here. I just like to know so I can avoid making stupid blunders. I'm good at those.

Yes! I’m reading around the Writer’s Circle and Main Thread right now! Oh no worries, the internet is a jungle so you never really know. I appreciate your vibe and good intentions :emoji_grin:

Thank you! Sometimes I am tempted to say things that like to people and then I remember Ron ended up eating the slugs so thats how I keep myself in check lol

An excellent usage! And very wise. I should probably do similar, but being a dragon, I usually just eat people who annoy me. :emoji_imp:

Well that makes total sense to me. Sometimes I wish I was a different species, it‘s like everyone else gets to just be. But Humans are always trying to like, evolve, and improve. Exhausting work. Definitely dragons have it better

Except for the fact that most species are smaller, meaning this world is not tiny and cumbersome to fit into, and not to mention we get blamed every time some silly-headed maiden decides to run off on her own.

Welcome to STC!, I love playing villains as well, I'm usually one of those people who'll end up rooting for the villains of the show or movie way too many times xD. If you like 1x1 rps maybe we could even see if we could come up with a fun story told from the dark side? :0

Back