New User hi?

megumi

HUMAN
yeah, so my username is megumi (you can call me meg or whatever) and i'm hoping to give this place a good go? i have about three years or so experience in roleplaying on other sites, and i'd like to consider myself decent for my age? i'm pretty passionate about character designing and building connections and such, and i'm looking forward to writing with you guys. i'm open to quite a few things, but i'm usually not open to fanfiction rps. that's the only one i can really think of.
i have no idea what i'm doing though, so please throw some advice at my face. a couple of code templates would be welcome too, since i still can't code to save my life. thanks y'all ^^

Welcome to STC Meg!

What is your favorite rp genre?

I don't have any templates on hand but some of our other users might. Most of our codes use the standard [command]Text[/command] Examples of commands might be Left, Right, IMG, spoiler. I'm not the best at code but that might give you a few to start? Feel free to try them out in a reply here :)

Also just wanted to mention that all of our accounts have to go through an account approval process before you can begin roleplaying. If you are already aware of this feel free to stop reading here. If not, however, it's rather simple and you are already part of the way there by posting an introduction post. You will also need to post and engage with other users in our community forums, such as the Main Lobby, Art Forums, Forum Games and the Writers Circle. This is also a great time to begin looking for roleplays so feel free to browse our Bulletin Board. After approval, you may also want to post in our Open Roleplay Recruitment thread.

You also might want to check out our Comprehensive Website Guide.

Also feel free to stop by our Chatroom to say hello!

If you have any questions about anything or the approval process feel free to drop them below!

Welcome to the site!

Sokka

thank you. i don't really have a favorite rp genre that i can name. i like unrealistic roleplaying as opposed to realistic roleplaying though. that's the best answer i can give.

i see. i think i know a couple of them, so that shouldn't be necessary. still, is there a board dedicated to coding at all?

yes, i made myself aware of that. is it possible for your account to be approved through ic posts as opposed to interacting with the community ooc?

i checked the guide. i'm still working my way through it of course, but thanks anyway.

thanks again sokka ^^ (my text face pool is very small :/)

Unfortunately unapproved accounts don't have access to the roleplay areas of the site, so they wouldn't be able to post IC. Also the approval process isn't a test of writing/roleplaying skill, which is what reviewing IC posts would tell us about a person. We accept people of all writing and skill levels here, so reviewing IC posts wouldn't help with the review process.

What is important to us is a friendly, tolerant, and supportive community. We want to see that new arrivals are willing to take the time to interact amiably with fellow writers, and that they're willing to put in a little time and effort to show that they understand and respect our values as a website. We don't expect everyone to be necessarily GOOD at ooc interactions, so long as they make the effort. We understand that some people are uncomfortable in social settings, or find it awkward to engage in casual conversation or discussions. All we ask is that people try :)

Back