M

Meliodas

cooltext222986756839961.png

new.png

[FONT=Old English Text MT]Intro[/FONT]
[FONT=Old English Text MT] Once upon a time…[/FONT] Sorry, but if you were expecting this fairytale to begin that way, you might want to find yourself another story. This will be a story of intrigue and adventure; a story of magic, dragons, chivalrous heroes, and tyrannical monarchs. A story of heartbreak and struggle that will leave you salivating in suspense. There will be war, and bitter disagreement; but if there is anything our heroes hope to agree upon it is that the world as they know it is in trouble, and it is going to take every ounce of ambition and will to make a difference in a land full of senseless backstabbing that is ruled by gruesome rivalries and religions. Are you prepared to accept thy challenge knave?

[FONT=Old English Text MT]Premise[/FONT]

The world was once plagued with endless war and carnage, and it wasn’t until the peak of these great battles that the land shook in terror. A mighty dragon appeared from the skies as if a servant of the gods had come to cleanse the surface of its wickedness. Laying waste to everything man had come to hold dear, a new world emerged from the ashes, one forged from the hearts of mighty empires that attempted to reign in the ceaseless lack of law and order. Legends foretold that this wasn’t the first time this had happened, but it was mankind’s hope it would be the last. Only in times of conflict did this mighty beast appear, and rumors were that the beast could be found slumbering in the darkest corner of the land, only a threat when it sensed a cataclysmic imbalance in the world.

From this belief, the Diva was born, a virtuous young girl whose sole job was to sing songs to the dragon and pray to the gods that she could control the creature in order to ensure peace and prosperity among the three kingdoms. As time has passed, this legend has been lost to time, but from one generation to the next, a new Diva is chosen in secret and may be the only thing sparing the world from imminent destruction.

[FONT=Old English Text MT]Story[/FONT]

Roughly 16 years ago, one of the princesses of the Kingdom of Anatolí gave birth to twins; a boy and a girl who were sure to be heirs to a throne laced in gold. Sadly, the princess younger sister, eager to ascend to power, had the twins kidnapped, scattered to the four winds and separated. With the loss of her children, distraught, it is said that the princess jumped from the highest tower, taking her own life and conveniently leaving her younger sister as the heir apparent and future ruler. And rule she did, because it was only a few years later that her parents mysteriously took ill, passing away in their sleep and leaving this young woman as the next queen. As beautiful as she was cruel, she became a ruthless tyrant who ruled with an iron fist.

What our story doesn’t tell us is that while the male twin grew up to live a humble life as a farmer’s son, his sister would inevitably become the next Diva. Trapped in a cave with only a beast to keep her company, she sings her heart out to this day, but her prayers seem to slowly be going unanswered. Dying slowly in the heart of the dragon’s den, her brother may be the only one who can save her… a brother who doesn’t even know she exists.

Last edited by a moderator:
[FONT=Old English Text MT]The Roles[/FONT]
*Some of the various descriptions provided here were NOT solely written by me but were written for this roleplay in particular. Please see the disclaimer in the following post. If you would like to inquire further, feel free to message me in private and I will be more than happy to answer any and all questions/concerns.

**Before accepting a role, please private message me. Some roles may come with some restrictions or expectation not outlined here. Please read carefully because some roles may be gender specific while others are open to either or.

***While I would love to fill all three kingdoms, the focus is Anatolí. Once a majority of the roles are filled, I will begin opening up the other two kingdoms and various roles (some of which I already have defined). Keep in mind the available roles for these kingdoms may not be as expansive as the ones currently listed, but that could change after some persuasion.

[FONT=Old English Text MT]The Roles[/FONT]

[FONT=Old English Text MT]The Queendom of the East, Anatolí[/FONT]
[FONT=book][FONT=book]Anatolí is where Queen [Insert Name] takes residence and rules over her subjects. It is a large and marvelous Queendom resting on a high hill. Like most Queendoms and Kingdoms, Anatolí is surrounded by a high, nearly impenetrable wall. The only way through this wall is a guarded, iron gate. Outside the Northern wall, there is an overgrowing forest so dense you can barely see five feet in front of yourself if you enter. This forest has been appropriately named Dásos Scuro or "Dark Forest".

Champion - Open
He is on a long and treacherous journey to save his twin sister, who was stolen in infancy by the Queen's servants to become the new Diva.

Diva - Open
She was captured and stolen from her family in infancy to become the new Diva. She uses her beautiful voice to ensure the Dragon remains asleep. However, she is suffering and slowly dying, with her hold over the Dragon weakening.

Dragon Keeper - Taken
The keeper of the Dragon. The Dragon Keeper's purpose is to act as a guardian in the case the Dragon were to awake.

Queen - Open
She had betrayed her older sister and took the crown by force. She also adopted her youngest and only remaining sibling as her daughter. She rules her subjects with an iron fist. Beyond her lovely face is a traitor afraid of having her dark secrets revealed.

Princess of Anatolí - Open
She was adopted by the Queen after their parent’s death. She resents her older sister, and now adoptive mother, and will do anything to get her off the throne.

Red Knight - Taken
Before she was the Queen's protector, she lived as a noble in a large estate. Here she would live her carefree life where she and her best friend would play together almost every day; that is until her best friend was taken away to be the Diva. Little did her friend know that it was actually the Red Knight who was destined to be the Diva, but turned the role down only to unknowingly find out her friend was the alternative. With her friend having recently died, and with a new Diva having assumed the role, the Red Knight is left to wonder what she will do next as her loyalty is put to the test.

Dark Hand - Taken
While being devoted to his Queen, this spy who doubles as an assassin has planted themselves into the rebellion and silently waits for the opportune moment to strike.

Blue Savior - Taken
He is a skilled, traveling street performer and draws the eye of crowds from all over. One day, he saw a peculiar looking boy who had the air of a traveler much like himself. Out of curiosity, he began to follow this young traveler and only comes out of hiding when he is needed.

Dragon Priest - Open
While skilled in potions and healing techniques, as well as holding a bit of magical talent, the priests primary job is acting as the leading figure in the Draconic Faith, and chief advisor to the Queen.

Scholar - Open
Young and ambitious, this boy prides himself in knowing more than the rest. Recently, however, he has come to question the Draconic Faith and all that it stands for.

The Rebellion
These are a band of commoners and civilians who oppose their Queen and her way of "leading" her people. They plan on forcefully removing the Queen from her throne and bringing the corrupt Queendom to justice through any means necessary.

Rebellion Leader-

Rebellion Members:[/FONT][/FONT]
  1. [FONT=book][FONT=book]OPEN[/FONT][/FONT]
  2. [FONT=book][FONT=book]OPEN[/FONT][/FONT]
  3. [FONT=book][FONT=book]OPEN[/FONT][/FONT]
  4. [FONT=book]See GM[/FONT]
  5. [FONT=book][FONT=book]Taken[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=book][FONT=book][FONT=Old English Text MT]The Kingdom of the South, Vóreia[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=book][FONT=book][FONT=book]Vóreia is home to a large blacksmith community and a warm, welcoming King. Like Anatolí, Vóreia is surrounded by a sturdy wall, though this wall isn't nearly as guarded as Anatolí’s. Around the outskirts of the Eastern wall, the Dásos Scuro forest finally ends.[/FONT]

[FONT=Old English Text MT]The Kingdom of the North, Occidens[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=book][FONT=book][FONT=book]A large Kingdom to the North of the map whose main goal is to expand and become stronger. They have a strong military and have recently conquered the Kingdom of the West, Nótia.[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=book][FONT=book][FONT=book][FONT=Old English Text MT]Character Sheet[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]​
[FONT=book][FONT=book][FONT=book]
*You are free to customize or add to this as much as you'd like as long as you try and have the same general information. Consider this as more of a guide than anything.

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
Code:
[center][color=#YOUR HEX CODE][SIZE=7][font=Old English Text MT]FULL NAME HERE[/font][/color][/SIZE]

[img]DIRECT IMAGE URL HERE[/img][/center]

[color=#YOUR HEX CODE][b]Role[/b][/color]

Put your role here.

[color=#YOUR HEX CODE][b]Job[/b][/color]

Tell me your occupation, whether it be Cook, Farmer, or Unemployed

[color=#YOUR HEX CODE][b]Age[/b][/color]

Put age here

[color=#YOUR HEX CODE][b]Gender[/b][/color]

Put gender here.

[color=#YOUR HEX CODE][b]Appearance Description[/b][/color]

Put down appearances that aren't shown in the picture here. Please include height, weight, hair/eye color, etc.

[color=#YOUR HEX CODE][b]Armor/Clothing[/b][/color]

Description mandatory. Pictures are allowed to be referenced.

[color=#YOUR HEX CODE][b]Weapon(s)[/b][/color]

Place any relevant weapons here.

[color=#YOUR HEX CODE][b]Accessories[/b][/color]

Is there anything left to add?

[color=#YOUR HEX CODE][b]Skills[/b][/color]

Tell me your skills.

[color=#YOUR HEX CODE][b]Phobias / Fears[/b][/color]

Tell me what you fear.

[color=#YOUR HEX CODE][b]Bad Habits / Vices[/b][/color]

Tell me your Vices.

[color=#YOUR HEX CODE][b]Best Qualities[/b][/color]

Tell me your best qualities.

[color=#YOUR HEX CODE][b]Worst Qualities[/b][/color]

Tell me your worst qualities.

[color=#YOUR HEX CODE][b]Likes[/b][/color]
[list]

[*]Tell me your likes.

[/list]

[color=#YOUR HEX CODE][b]Dislikes[/b][/color]
[list]

[*]Tell me your dislikes.

[/list]

[color=#YOUR HEX CODE][b]Goals[/b][/color]

Tell me what you wish to accomplish in life.

[color=#YOUR HEX CODE][b]History[/b][/color]

Put history/past here. (Preferred but not required)

[color=#YOUR HEX CODE][b]Other Important Details[/b][/color]

Anything else you'd like to share?

[color=#YOUR HEX CODE][b]Hex Code[/b][/color]

What's your hex code?
[FONT=book][FONT=book][FONT=book]

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Old English Text MT]Disclaimer[/FONT]

This is just to make note that this is NOT an original idea but instead inspired by another source material. While I did NOT initially make the first iteration of this roleplay, I did make the second on another site with what I believed to be the proper blessing and/or permissions. If you wish to pursue further details, please, feel free to message me in private. :)

Greetings fellow denizen and Storyteller! As you might have noticed, I decided to toss up this little idea that I earlier flaunted in the bulletin board. Sadly, when I did so, I failed to offer little information on what the story was at hand, so, here is just a taste of what is to come in a world full of endless possibility. There may even be the potential to become an Epic if enough interest arises.

Please, feel free to discuss amongst yourselves as I continue to fill in the various roles available. Presently, I am looking for GM's to help me manage this endeavor, as well as others willing to pitch in their ideas as they see fit. Some minor world building will be required, but I plan on allowing users to create locations on their own within the kingdoms and outlying areas.

Thank you for taking the time to read all of this!

~M

I'd like to sign up for the Dungeon Keeper, but the story is somewhat.. confusing? I don't know if you intended it like this, but everything is very vague to me, there's a lot of tidbits of info that I feel like I had to assume, which might not really be the case.
Thanks.

I left it vague intentionally in order to leave people thinking about it. Not to mention there isn't a lot of source material in my opinion, so, I feel more or less the story isn't truly written yet. There are a lot of things left to be worked out. But, the story is very character specific and this will truly be a character driven experience. So, those parts will come out as people take up the roles and I take the time to explain in depth what those roles do. As for what you do with that information? It is up to you.

The reason I made it that way is because I want a lot of things to come out naturally in the story and through character progression. And if I gave away too much, that couldn't happen. Some of the characters stories are the plot.

Do you mean the Dragon Keeper?

~M

Okay. I will send you a brief message about the character.

~M

Yo Mel! I'd like to reserve the role of the Red Knight, please. Also since you're looking for extra help, you could message me about that. And I'd love to know more about the role and the expectations you have for this.

Announcement

Just wanted to mention that yes, I left things slightly vague for several reasons. The main story exists, but I expect to build a huge world with a lot of conflicts and special interest. You don't have to choose the main plot but instead, create your own. :) Most of the characters have their OWN story, and it would be tedious to list each of them out, so, I'd rather get with people privately. What they do with that story and how they represent it is up to them.

Aman: Your concerns have been handled, I hope. :)

~M

I haven't read the post yet, but I wanted to ask... is that one of Kirk Quilaquil's paintings? I love his art.

Last edited:
Sorry, few people who expressed interest. I've been busy with things and haven't been taking this as serious as I should have. ^^ But, I'd really like to try and get this full and going!

~M

I've been mulling over whether to allow magic. I already imagined magic would exist for a select few, but, I don't imagine it being as controlled as some role-plays make it. Kind of want a very broad definition.

~M

Back