Johto Journey (Pokemon Rp)

Azathoth

Daemon Sultan
Welcome to the world of Pokemon, a place full of fantastic creatures, creatures with amazing abilities and power. Our heroes journey begins in the region of Johto, in the small town of New Bark, where they are preparing to leave, so they can take on the Pokemon Gym Challenge.

--------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------

It was a warm Summer day in New Bark, the Pidgey are tweeting, the Sentret are playing in the grass, Caterpies are munching on their leaves, the day is peaceful. A young man with black hair and blue eyes steps out of his home wishing his parents far well, as he sets out upon his adventure. This is Shane one of the heros to our story, and he has prepared himself in for this journey, and is ready to travel to Violet city, so that he can challenge the gym leader Falkner, for his first gym badge.

-------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------

After stepping out of his house and wishing his parents a fond farewell, Shane adjusts his back pack, his Gible Phineas poking his head out of it at the disturbance. Giving his trainer a look and a quick 'Gible gib?' Shane smiled, "sorry buddy didn't mean to disturb you, everything is fine." He told him, giving him a brief and very careful rub on the head, as Phineas's skin was very rough. Turning back he started walking through town, heading for route 29.

He stopped as he approached, as he heard the sounds of battle coming from his right, down route 46. Rolling his eyes he headed down that direction to see if his assumption was correct.

Sky watched as Shaynest used Stomp on the tree making a Heracross who was feeding from the sap of the tree fall down, reacting quickly the Heracross quickly tried to fly away. Sky seeing this immediately gave his orders "Shaynest use Rock Tomb" He shouted as the blue Tyrunt began to be outlined in white energy and rises her head. Multiple gray rocks outlined in white energy then form on top of her head in the shape of a ring. rising up they begun raining down on the Heracross fainting it as its buried under the rocks.

Sky sighed looking at the fainted pokemon before calling Shaynest over to pet her on the head being only 5'3 and the tyrunt being at 2'8 it reached his knees. "Good job girl I'll give you some berries later" Sky said before pulling out a pokeball from his chain and throwing it at the downed Heracross. *Beep* the ball sounded and closed signalling the pokemons capture. "Return Shaynest." He said as he returned his partner before hearing the steps on the grass he looked over his shouder to see another person coming to greet him.

"What? do you wanna battle or something?" Sky asked as he turned his full antention to the new comer.

Last edited:
Across the region, somewhere in Ecruteak City, a boy was out walking his new pokemon. He was their father, and needed to care for them. He watched them carefully, smiling as they explored the wooded areas around the burnt tower... He hadn't had ever seen these pokemon before, and wanted to confront professor Elm about it... He'd seen exotic pokemon, and heard stories of pokemon being born of earth, sea and sky, but never had he seen these rare pokemon before. He pondered a bit longer, before calling his pokemon over. He didn't know how to make their food, for he didn't know what they liked or disliked, so he unzipped his bag, and fed each of them a soft and succulent Pecha berry. He watched them eat in fondness, and after they finished, he took the trio to the pokemart, and bought them their very own pokeballs. He called back his pokemon into their balls, thanking the shop keeper, and left, going back home. He packed his bag to the brim with supplies he'd need, and left Ecruteak for his long journey...

Minx was currently standing in route 29 with all her pokemon outside their pokeballs. She had just recently made it to New Bark Town after getting off a boat she had hitched a ride on to escape her parents. She had known Sam the Beldum was special but after first releasing them from their pokeball, she knew why her parents had put it away in the restricted zones.

Beldum was a shiny pokemon, and Minx already knew that they were just a baby. Minx sighed as she had also recently found out it only knew Take Down, which ultimately made it hurt itself until it fainted. It was probably the worst thing that could happen to Minx, it was everything Minx hated about battling. She also knew that if she could just get Beldum's HP higher then maybe this wouldn't be all that bad. So she decided to start training.

"Alright Nina! Show Beldum again." Minx shouted and pointed to a small tree nearby that they were using for training. Nina the Noibat then proceeded to use tackle on the tree, almost looking like Take Down, so as to show Beldum the basic motions. Sam the Beldum blinked and watched in awe as Noibat left quite a dent in the tree, splinters cascading around Noibat as she made contact.

Minx then moved over to Sam, "Alright Sam, That was Tackle but your Take Down follows the same motions. So use all your strength and ram into that tree! I know you can break that tree!" Minx said, giving Beldum a bright and confident smile. Sam seemed quite happy and nodded its head before turning to the tree. "Alright Beldum, Use Take Down!"

Beldum charged the tree and hit it dead on where Nina had hit it. The tree only shuddered and Nina's dent was only slightly larger after the hit. Sam was shaking its head after the hit and had scratches from the tree on its head. As Sam looked at the tree, they seemed to be quite upset at not having broken it and floated to the ground, where Wimpod then approached it and tried to cheer it up. Minx sighed and shook her head as Nina made her way over to her. This was going to be harder than she thought....

Last edited:
Shane looked to the older youth, Sky, that was his name, he had seen him around the town quite a bit, and had talked to him a few times, Shane knew he was a good trainer and a good person. And Shane had watched him catch the Heracross like it wasn't a big deal. "Nah, just heard battling coming from this way and decided to check it out." He told him, "Nice catch by the way, clean and quick"
He knew Heracross could be trouble if you weren't prepared, but Sky hadn't had an issue. Phineas shifted in his pack, climbing on top of his head, 'gible gib' he said having heard the words battle Phineas was excited, he loved to battle, and even when he lost he was content as long as he got to try.
Shane smiled and winced slightly as Phineas's rough skin grazed his scalp, "Well, maybe a quick one, My buddy here can't turn down a good match." He said, "How bout a quick one, just a one on one?" He asked Sky hopefully.

Sky looked to see it was Shane a local from new bark town, it was easy to recognize the youth since he knew there were very few if any Gibles around Johto. "That was nothing, i just caught him off guard, but anyways if ya wanna battle" Sky said before pulling out Meena's pokeball, Throwing the Amaura out of the ball Sky the Amaura being 4ft it almost reached Sky's shoulder. "Well then lets make this quick Shane, show me how strong you are."

Last edited:
Tlmm went south down route 37, walking briskly down the heavily wooded trail, avoiding particularly thick patches of grass... He happened upon a meadow with apricorn trees, and made out with a blue, a red, and a black apricorn. He was almost tempted to smash one open to taste the succulent fruit inside, but decided against it. He couldn't get distracted. He put the fruit in his bag and went on, down to route 36. There was a small wooded path in the trees that led to a strange looking tree... but it wasn't there. He looked around for the strange looking tree, deeply confused. It's what defined this route, what set it apart from all the others. After an hour of searching, he noticed the sun was setting, and decided to head to Violet city, because it was only about two miles away. He kept walking to Violet city, until the trees began thinning, showing the bright lights of the rustic Violet city... He would spend the night here in a hotel, he thought to himself...
(THE VIOLET CITY THEME IS PLAYING IN MY HEAD ON REPEAT I NEED TO FIND MY GAMEBOY ARRRGGGGHHHH)

Sam seemed to be cheered up by Jack and had now floated back over to Minx and Nina. "Alright Sam, well do this once more alright? Nina will do it with you this time." Minx said while using a little bit of a potion on Beldum's head. "You can do it, I believe in you. We will get you evolved in no time at all, alright?" Minx smiled brightly to Sam and they seemed quite happy with Minx's praise. They then turned to two new tree and Minx pointed at both of them.

"Alright, Nina, use Tackle and Sam, use Take Down!" Minx shouted out, Nina, being much faster hit her tree first and it shook wildly. Sam hit his tree and surprisingly hit well, making the tree shake twice as much as they had before. "Alright Sam! Way to go!" Minx shouted out before both trees suddenly shook and loud caws could be head. Minx gasped as a few very angry Spearows flew out of the trees. They we extremely angry and as they began to shout at Nina and Sam, more Spearow began flocking to the angry Spearow.

Minx was quick to return Sam and Jack to their pokeballs and Nina flew back to Minx, shouting back at the angry Spearow. Minx figured she was trying to apologize but it clearly wasn't making them any calmer. "Nina, let go!" Minx shouted before running off to where she knew Sky had been looking for pokemon. She knew Nina couldn't take on that many Spearow, but she figured that Sky might be able to scare them off with some rock-type moves. So as Minx and Nina bolted to where they had last seen Sky, Minx began shouting his name. "SKY! HELP!"

As both pokemon were sent to battle. A silence began to form around route 46 Meena was standing at the ready waiting for her trainers orders while Phineas was gnashing his teeth.

"Let's endd this in one attack use ICY WIND!" Quickly the Sail pokemon moved using its larger body to cover more ground.

"PHINEAS USE DRAGON RAGE!" Shane ordered as the Gible started to run at the Amaura suddenly Meena stoped her advanced and fired freezing air which Phineas had not expected as the wind began to freeze parts of the Gibles body and then blew him up against a tree shattering the ice and causing damage enough to faint him.

"Sorry about that, but it's my win" Sky said neutrally. "Don't be too down though I trained Meena from the moment she came out of her egg, she knew how to battle before she could run" Sky said as he patted his Amaura.

"SKY! HELP!" A feminine voice resounded in the forest. Hearing the familiar voice Sky moved automatically.

"Minx?! Meena lets go!" Quickly hopping on top of his Amaura Sky grabbed Shane who was putting Gible in his bag to rest. The duo began to ride to Route 29 in fast but long strides.

Last edited:
Shane quickly put Phineas back in his pack and pulled of another pokeball as he followed Sky, "Come on Sera!" He said as he let her out, the Growlithe coming out and running along side them. He was disappointed about the loss but the cry for help needed his attention. As he followed Sky the came to a point where they saw the girl, Minx, Sky had said, running from a flock of angry looking Spearows, Shane quickly made a decision and told Sera, "Sera fire spin!"
His companion complied and released a torrent of swirling fire at the Spearows.

Seeing the spearow coming Sky hopped off Meena pulled Shane off of her. "Meena run to the center and then use Discharge!"

The Amaura ran past Minx and quickly went into the center where the Spearows were closing together do to the Growlithes fire spin trapping them. "AMAURA!" Meena yelled as blue electricity resounded from her body before being released in a wave upwards. Giving severe damage to the already injured Spearows which promptly made them faint and those who survived retreated do to their bad injuries.

Sighing Sky high fived Shane "Good thinking with that fire spin other wise Meena wouldve had trouble hitting themm all at once" he praised before looking at the 11 year old girl.

"Now care to explain Minx?" He asked the younger girl who ableit covered in feathers and some dirt was completely fine.

He wandered the city... Tlmm read Violet city was a quiet city of only 52... He smiled, feeling an almost cozy feeling like he did back at home. There was even a tower, which he decided to investigate. He walked in front of the swaying tower, crossing a bridge, and stepping onto a grey island... He gazed up at the tower, the pagodas a purple hue, the tower's lore said the pillar that resided in the center of the tower used to be a giant Bellsprout. Tlmm gulped, and couldn't resist. He suddenly began sprinting to the tower... only to trip and fall flat on his face. He rubbed his head, and gazed at the strange rock he had tripped on. It was a circular one, red and white... He brushed off the powdery dirt, smiling widely. It was a pokeball... He could catch his first pokemon. Timm stood, brushing the dirt off of his knees, clutched his pokeball in one hand, and crossed another bridge, and approached the huge, daunting tower... He stepped in, opening the double doors....
"Hello...?" Tlmm asked tlmmidly, stepping into the dark tower... He grabbed a ball from his belt, and sent out Charmander to see in the dark tower...
"Char char!" She chirped as her tail lit the floor, now with light sufficient enough for him to see... and standing right in front of him was a very angry looking Bellsprout.

Minx puffed up her cheeks, "Hey! Dont talk to me like your my mom alright? I was just training with Sam and Nina when all those Spearow came out of our training tree." Nina flew over to Minx and dropped on her head. Nina glared at Sky and seemed to dislike Amaura quite a bit as well. Minx knew that it was probably the first time in a long while Nina had ever lost a battle so badly, so she was probably still sore from the defeat.

"I didnt think that I could anger a Spearow flock by hitting trees." Minx had been genuinely surprised by the flock but it wasnt entirely unheard of, of course. As she was now safe from the Spearow, Minx released Sam from their pokeball to check on them. She would need to apply a potion to them again after using Take Down.

"Sorry Sam, Here ya go." Minx said as she applied the potion to Sam's head once again.

Shane petted Sera happily, "Good job girl" he told her, getting a bark in return. He looked at the other two, they obviously had history, or at least her Noibat didn't like sky, from the looks it was giving the other boy. He returned Sera to her pokeball, and as he watched Minx heal her beldum, Sam was the name he heard, he wondered if she had anything for Phineas, as he was still out of it from the battle. "Scuse me, you wouldn't happen to have a revive with you would you?" He asked her, hoping she did, he didn't like his buddy being out for any longer than necessary.

"The Pokemon Center in Violet City is not far from here Shane it would best to use a revive for an emergency." Sky said looking at Shane. "Come on" besides it's getting dark soon we should really get going, I heard Ghastly's like to attack people here in the night so we better get moving those ghost types can be pretty nasty and we don't have a psychic type right now." Sky said getting on his Amaura and going on to the direction of violet city.

Minx nodded, agreeing with Sky. "I do have a revive but I only have 1. If the pokemon center is nearby, we should go there instead." Minx really wanted to go pick up some more potions for Sam anyway. Nina perked up upon hearing about ghost types. Nina didnt like ghost types due to having only normal type moves for the longest time, meaning Nina was often beat by things such as ghost types.

Minx reached up and pat Nina on the head, trying to calm her down a bit. Minx knew she was always a pretty aggressive Noibat, well to everyone else she was aggressive. Minx knew it was Nina's overprotective nature that made her so rude to other pokemon and trainers.

Tlmm nearly passed out when he saw the pokemon, but sighed in relief to find it was just a harmless Bellsprout.
"Alright, Char! This will be your first battle!" He shouted, pointing at the Bellsprout. Vines uncoiled from behind the bell of the Bellsprout, and lashed out at Charmander wildly, causing him to panic.

"Hang in there, buddy! Watch out for his vines! Give him a scratch!" Timm called out, and Charmander beat away an oncoming vine with his tail. He ran to the Bellsprout, clawing with all his might, and the critical hit to the bell caused the Bellsprout to faint...

"This will be a cakewalk! I never knew Bellsprouts were so weak!" He said, tossing a pokeball at the fainted pokemon... but at the last moment, there was a flash of white, and the ball was knocked away from the Bellsprout...

"You're right," Shane said, dipping his head in shame, he should've known better than to ask for something like that, his parents had raised him better. "Yeah let's head that way and hope we don't run into too much more trouble." He said picking his head up, "Though can we stop in cherry Grove first? I need to grab something's there." He asked the two of them, before thinking about it, "oh right, y'all may not wanna come with me, but if you do then would that be okay for us to stop there first?"

Back