Korruption and TatlTails

Louise scraped her knife against her sword, wincing at the screeching sound it caused. "Wait," she paused. "You aren't related by blood? But both of you are here. Hmm," Louise furrowed a brow. It was the first time today that something Madi said piqued the blonde's interest. "It could be a possibility that your brother's mother is a Greek god. If your brother's father married your mother, then your father could be a god." Louise groaned, leaning back in her seat. "I don't know," she muttered. "All I can do is shoot. This is Chiron's thing."

Madi did not appreciate the screeching sound either, but she was glad this girl finally seemed to be taking her seriously. It was scary enough being practically alone in a strange place after almost getting killed, and being brushed off hadn't made her feel any better. She tried to make sense of the girl's deductions, but gave up about as quickly as she did, and just asked "Who's Ch-Chiron?"

"He's the activities director," Louise told the other girl, managing to successfully spin the knife on her finger like a basketball. Yes! That never happens. "He's also an immortal centaur. You know, a half-horse, half-human who never dies? Yeah, my dad took him in as a baby when he was abandoned by his mother because she didn't like how he looked. My dad taught Chiron practically everything he knows, which is why he's so good at archery and what-not. He's also the teacher of heroes - he taught everyone from Achilles, the one who was invincible everywhere on his body except for his heel, to Perseus, the one who chopped off Medusa's freaky head." The blonde flipped her knife in the air, catching it by the dull end of the blade. "Want me to go get him? People with ADHD don't do well sitting for this long."

Madi could only nod at first, her eyes wide with awe and a little fear. But just before the girl actually left, Madi found the courage to ask "C-can I come t-too?"

Louise narrowed her eyes, sighing. "Can you walk?" she asked Madi, before bombarding her with questions. "Do you feel faint? Can you lift a glass of water? Is it painful to move in any way? Can you remove the head of a - nope, not that one, that question is for swordsmanship assessment. If your answers are yes, no, yes, and no, in that order, than feel free." The blonde turned to Alan. "Is that all?"

Alan waved her off, too absorbed in the Madi's brother. Louise turned to the other girl. "Come on, then," she muttered. "If you can't get out of the bed, then stay where you are."

Madi balked at the sudden rush of questions, but after all of it, she just ended up giving Louise a thumbs-up. She didn't feel any pain, the shakiness in her legs had gone away, she just wanted to know what was going on around here!

"Follow," Louise barked, exiting the infirmary. Curious gazes turned to the two as the blonde led the dark-haired girl to the Big House. The blonde rapped the door sharply.

Chiron opened the door, a brow furrowed. "She wants to meet you," Louise stated, pointing to the girl behind her.

Said girl was currently clinging to the back of Louise's shirt, gawking with one eye at the sight in front of her. That... How the...

He was so tall! And he had a man's torso coming out of a horse's neck, but he was so tall! He kinda looked like the Prince on a White Horse, except the prince was an eccentric old librarian...

Louise awkwardly stood there, the younger girl clinging onto her shirt. It was extremely odd when someone the same height as you - maybe even taller - did that. I really need my growth spurt, Louise thought to herself. At this rate, 10-year-olds could be taller than me.

"Ask away," the blonde told Madi, trudging into the Big House. Louise entered the rec room, heading towards the ping pong table. She picked up a paddle, bouncing a ball on it contineously. The girl assumed that she had to stay with Madi, so she was stuck here as long as Madi stayed.

And Madi was left mentally scrambling for her safety net, since she was freaking terrified to have nothing between her and this... centaur? That's the word the girl had used to describe him.

But she had to say something! He was just waiting there for her to ask some kind of question, and she barely even knew where to start!

She tried to formulate some kind of coherent question, but all that came out was "Monst-ters? G-gods? I-I don't..."

As Louise started to almost juggle the ping pong balls with a paddle in each hand, Chiron gave the dark-haired girl a calming smile. "You are in Camp Half-Blood," he told her. "Have you heard of Greek mythology? Everyone believes that it is simply a myth, a compilation of stories, but that is not the case." Chiron ignored Louise as she muttered out a curse, her ping pong balls falling to the floor. "You see, our camp trains Greek demigods - children of a human and a Greek god - to prepare them for the world. We train them in things from archery -" the centaur gestured to the quiver of arrows strapped on Louise's back "- to the language Greek. Demigods typically have dyslexia, ADHD, and some form of power or powers that comes from their godly parent. We hope to recruit as many demigods as we can to help them explore their power before it slaps them in the face." Chiron's expression grew dark as he recalled Madi's first word...question. "Ah, monsters," he murmured. "Dear girl, I believe you have been attacked by one earlier. Demigods, being the children of gods, attract monsters that wish to kill them. But since demigods aren't full gods, they aren't immortal and don't have as much battle skill and powers as the Olympians. Therefore, they need to be trained."

Chiron smiled down at Madi. "I hope to see you among our demigods one day," he murmured. "The sooner, the better."

Madi did her best to retain all that information, especially since that girl with the ping-pong balls had already tried to explain most of it, but it all just seemed so impossible. Even with a giant horse-man standing in front of her trying to comfort her. I mean, camp: that wasn't the issue. Horse-man: Somehow possible, she was looking right at him. Fighting: Dagger was the fighter, mostly, but they'd almost died against one of these 'monsters'. They definitely needed training if this place had it. But powers?? The stuttering little shrimp that was Madi being the child of a Greek god??? That, she couldn't grasp. She'd never really been anything special, she could barely read and had an even harder time speaking. She depended on her brother for everything, how was that anything worthy of a Greek god?

This introspection, and her search for some kind of reply to this Chiron guy, was interrupted by her stomach growling. Oh right, she hadn't eaten since yesterday... Or longer, depending on how long she'd been out.

"Oh, also," Louise added, still attempting to "juggle" the ping pong balls with the paddles, "since we're demigods, the vast majority of us have dyslexia and ADHD. We have dyslexia because our brains are wired for Greek, and the ADHD helps our battle impulse." The blonde snatched a white ball out of the air, settling her gaze on Madi. "In case you were wondering. Question, do you and your brother have those by any chance?" Madi's stomach growled. Chiron turned to Louise.

"Do you mind taking her to the Dining Pavilion?" he asked, shifting his weight on his hooves. The blonde tossed the ping pong equipment back in its tub and turned to the centaur.

"That means, 'show her the mess hall', so apparently I don't have a choice," Louise started to walk out of the Big House. "If you want food, then follow!"

Last edited:
Madi was immediately receptive to the idea of food, the girl nodding at Chiron's request and following Louise gratefully. As they walked, and after Madi managed to tear her eyes away from the sights around her, she mentioned to Louise "My b-brother c-can't read well. Isn't th-that d-dyslex-xia?"

"Could be," Louise stated, almost in an absentminded manner. "If he's a demigod, he should intercept Greek much more easily than pure humans can, even without any lessons." Louise stopped at the Dining Pavilion. "Here we are," she said. "I should explain this to you, it's not as simple as it looks." She stepped over to the Apollo table.

"Technically, you're not supposed to be here, unless you're dad's Apollo," Louise warned. "But I'm just showing you stuff, so it should be fine." The girl picked up a goblet. "It fills up with whatever you want, as long as its non-alcoholic, via voice command. Iced lemonade," Louise commanded the goblet. The cup filled itself with lemonade, ice cubes floating at the top. Louise took a sip.

"At night, every demigod is supposed to sacrifice a bit of their food to please the gods," Louise told the other girl, still drinking out of the goblet. "The food's healthy, yada yada yada, and you have to sit at a certain table based on your godly parent. Since you don't know your godly parent yet, you have to sit at the Hermes table." Louise pointed at the most crowded table. It wasn't close to full, but it wasn't exactly meal time.

"Come on," Louise told Madi, walking to the Hermes table. She tapped the shoulder of one of the few people she knew. "Shane," she greeted, her tone not exactly friendly. But Shane being Shane, he turned around and was still his naturally charismatic self. Louise roughly pushed Madi forward - she wasn't good at being gentle.

"New kid," she stated. "Make her welcome. I'm needed at the infirmary." The blonde turned around, leaving Madi to the Hermes cabin.

And Madi was left internally screaming, the girl petrified to be left virtually alone yet again. She'd just barely gotten used to Louise!

Speaking of Louise, the infirmary did not sound like the cheeriest place right now. Even from outside, one could hear the yelling going on, a bit of it from Alan but most of it from the patient. Something about being held hostage (stop trying to get up! You're still injured!), where was his sister, there better be a damn good explanation for all of this, yadda yadda.

Before Louise headed towards the infirmary, she stopped by the Apollo cabin. She had a stash of weapons around her bed, the majority of them bows and swords. She replaced her wide sword with two katanas, spinning them around before putting them in their sheathes on her back, which were covered by her quiver. Besides archery, Louise's best weapons was katanas - always two, in fact. Only a small amount of the handle was visible as the blonde left the cabin.

Louise entered the infirmary, not fully prepared for the chaos. The redhead was yelling like crazy, while Alan tried to restrain him as peacefully as possible. "Alan, it's not going to work," Louise grumbled, stalking over to the equipment. She grabbed some rope. "Latch him down." Alan's jaw dropped.

"What are you thinking?" he yelled. "That's practically imprisoning a patient!" The blonde rolled her eyes. She was known for being the more harsh and violent Apollo kid. While the others, being more like healers, tried to resolve things in the infirmary peacefully, Louise was the granddaughter of Athena, the goddess of war and wisdom (apparently, the wisdom part didn't apply to the blonde), and preferred to take the more...hmm, how should I put this, the "survival of the fittest" route.

"This kid already thinks we're holding him hostage!" Alan added. The brunette teen had a tendency to call older people "kid". Louise didn't know how old the redhead was, but he looked to be older than 15.

"Fine, whatever," Louise muttered, tossing the rope back on the rack. She narrowed her eyes at the patient, who was yelling a storm up. "Your sister's fine," Louise said icily. "We actually let her get up because she didn't look like she got hit by a truck. You, on the other hand, look like you arose from the pits of Tartarus - so you will stay here if you have any regard for your own health. Madi already knows that you need more time healing, so you'll probably worry her if you go around looking like this." The blonde gestured to his physical condition, which did not look good at all.

Last edited:
"And who the fuck do you think you are?!" Dagger snapped at Louise, having cut off his rant long enough to at least hear the news about his sister. He was very aware that he was not in a well enough condition to fight off two perfectly-healthy teenagers, but that did not mean he was just going to lay here quietly without any damn information. Especially when he was getting talked down to by a child. "Where the hell did you take my sister?! What kind of irresponsible pieces of shit let an eleven-year old wander around with no supervision while her next of kin is unconscious?!"

"Your sister was hungry," Louise said blandly. "We let her eat, and no, we did not poison her food. She's not 'wandering around with no supervision' - in fact, I placed her in the hands of the most responsible person I know." Not intentionally, the blonde added silently. "If I recall," the green-eyed demigod added, "you were the one who asked for my help before you blacked out, and you can also reject it." She turned, gesturing to the entrance of the infirmary. "The door's over there."

Alan stepped closer to Louise, hissing in her ear. "What are you doing?" he asked, almost furious. "He's not nearly in good enough shape to walk around!" The blonde turned around, glaring at him.

"It's his own choice," she said stubbornly. "If he thinks he able, then he can go out there and faint on his own accord."

While the two Apollo kids were talking, Dagger incidentally proved Louise's prediction. He took the opportunity of being ignored to attempt to slide out of bed, and made it halfway to the door before he had to stop. He didn't pass out, but he was damn near close. His legs were shaking with the effort to keep him up, but he kept the same glare he'd had the entire time on his face. He was not going to show weakness now, no way in hell. Even though his entire body hurt like hell. His ribs barely felt like they'd been set right, and he could feel a migraine coming on from whatever injury had formerly dripped blood into his eyes. He wanted to keep going more than just about anything, both to see his sister and prove those brats wrong, but he'd need some serious pain medication before he could do that...

((Hint hint maybe ambrosia? Sorry for the delay, I had a busy couple days and this drifted to the back of my mind.))

Back