Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Lutetia City: Merveilleux

as written by glmstr

"Well look at our timing," Aurelie threw on her helmet and climbed onto the bike behind nox, wrapping her arms around his stomach to hold on. He was cold, much moreso than any normal vampire. It made the hairs on her neck stand on end, and she fought the urge not to shiver. The sensation was frightening but oh so tantalizing, and she couldn't peel herself away from it..

"Rei, we need to get moving," the vampire lifted her legs up off of the ground, glancing back at the approaching police.

as written by Faithy

“My head is perfectly fine to make decisions that will make my body happy. You’re being silly, Aaro. Simply silly.” Jimmy was aware that Rei and Nox had gone outside and he needed to go there too if he wanted to get laid, but his body wasn’t functioning. Grumbling, he shoved his fellow Proselyte’s hand away from him, struggling to get up on his own.

“I’m the oldest, therefore I can make my own decisions! I decide to go to Malcolm’s place!” He pumped his good first into the air, nearly clocking himself in the jaw in the process.

“The only way you’re going to win, Aaro is if you fight me and I’ll stomp you easily!” Nodding, Jimmy managed to slide to his feet, getting into a sloppy fighting stance that was no doubt incredibly comical to look at.

____

“Being ordinary is so overrated, don’t you think?” Alysa watched him taking the drink and imagined what it would be like to touch and kiss those lips before screams tore out of them due to what she would be doing to him. The whole notion sent a shiver down her spine, though the Scion managed to keep her game face on. However, it was a bit more difficult to keep up the façade, especially at his next few lines. Oh, how she longed to show him what it meant to be wild with her, but she was still unsure if this was a trap.

“Well then, that sounds like an invitation to me. Maybe we should go somewhere a bit more private?” Alysa smiled coyly, slowly licking and then biting on her bottom lip.

as written by Ronin

Aaro looked incredulously at Jimmy for all of two seconds before he calmly stepped forward and positioned his back leg behind Jimmy's calf. He pressed his hand against his friend's sternum - pushing once, hard - aiming to trip the proselyte to the floor. It was a basic take down move that virtually every proselyte knew. Hopefully Jimmy was too intoxicated to defend himself. Once on the ground, Aaro swiftly took his back, wrapping his arms around his neck and putting him into a perfect rear-naked choke. He was unconscious in seconds.

Aaro slung the now-incapacitated boy over his shoulder like a log. Aaro was smaller than Jimmy, but his training made the exertion easy. He could squat much more than this.

"Thanks, Elisabeth," He nodded to the girl as he passed her - doubtless a curious sight with his friend slumped on his shoulder. "Tell Arien I said goodbye."

He walked until he caught up to Celeste. "Doing okay there, Hogan?"
---

"After you," Corso smiled, standing at his full height. He swept a curtain of black locks from his forehead. "Not sure where we'll find 'private' in a cub like this, though."

as written by duramon

Rei hunkered down on the bike and revved the engine, checking the positioning of the police cars and possible exits, they were going at a slow pace, however that was no fun.

The Proselyte moved the bike around and made sure everyone was holding on tight, feeling the cold tingle of the Caer's touch on her body. "Now I know this isn't necessary, however." She revved the engine and started to burn rubber, spinning the wheel in place. "Hold onto your butts!" She exclaimed, letting the brake go and flying towards the cops, taking a sharp (Although sloppy) left into an alternate road.

The Proselyte was aware the cops, based on their leisurely pace, wouldn't give chase. But half of the fun was the thrill, and a good excuse to take off on the bike at full speed. Although if she were honest with herself, she would have floored it regardless. She tried to keep to straight lines, heading for the square and from there, the Caer's abode.

as written by Faithy

Alysa started to say something as she watched Corso climbing to his feet, but she was sidetracked, not by him, but from something happening outside. Her exceptional hearing picked up on faint police sirens, the sound causing the hairs on the back of her neck to stand on end. Grumbling softly, the Scion slid up to her feet and wrapped her arm around his, smiling up towards him.

“Hmm, I think you’re right. Finding a private spot here is pretty impossible. Maybe we should move our little party elsewhere? That way we won’t be bothered by a drunk wanting to turn our twosome into a threesome. Not that I’m entirely opposed to that, but not for our first experimentation.” Alysa hoped he’d be willing to head elsewhere, but if not, she would make it work.

as written by Krysis

"Fuuug you, Caresin. Don't need the help of some pretty boy. This is Your fault. Jimmy's too. Coulda been finissshin my sword, but noooo. Gotta be out here, getting fugged up." Celeste was slurring pretty bad as she followed Aaro. Being angry was helping her focus though and not trip over her own feet anymore.

Anger was her meat and drink after all, the best way to burn off the haze and fuel her recovery, even if her rage was misplaced or just landing on the most convenient target. Overall coordination was coming back first, though the more delicate processes would be difficult. Like talking.

as written by Script

"They're in a hurry."

Sergeant Adeline Leclair raised an eyebrow as the motorbike shot off down a side street. She calmly brought her notebook out from her pocket, and wrote down the vehicle's number plates.

"Should we go after them?"

She glanced across at Damien, the young officer driving, and shook her head. "I'll send one of the other cars."

Bringing her radio up to her lips, she spoke a few words into it, and one of the cars behind her broke off from the pack and switched its sirens on to drive after the retreating bike.

"Stupid teens," Adeline rolled her eyes. "Could've just driven away if they'd gone at a normal pace. Now they're going to get pulled over and checked for whatever it is they're trying to hide."

____

Inside, the music cut out abruptly, much to the chagrin of the dancers.

"Sorry peeps," NecroDancer's voice came through the speakers, "Looks like the cops are here. Time to clear out."

What followed wasn't quite a stampede, but neither was it an orderly shuffle towards the exit. The majority of the party-goers had no reason to flee the police, but there were a few - either very obviously pumped full of drugs, or carrying more than they wanted to risk hiding - that were suddenly very eager to be anywhere else.

The DJ herself seemed unhurried, calling out instructions to various assistants to start gathering up her equipment.

"And how exactly are you planning on getting back to the Monastery?" Elisabeth inquired, walking after Aaro and Celeste. With Arien and the twins absent, and the partying over, she had little better to do. "Walking?"

____

Out front, Aurelion sighed as the first police car came to a stop, and a middle-aged woman with mousey hair stepped out. She glanced over the group assembled outside the front of the warehouse with a judgemental stare, before sighing.

"Party's over, guys. If you all clear out and don't make any trouble for me, I won't make any for you."

Aurelion opened his mouth to speak, but he was interrupted by one of the twins.

"Of course, officer," the boy said, smiling charmingly. At least, Aurelion guessed that's what he was going for. It just looked false to him.

"We'd never want to cause trouble. We've already got people clearing up." The other twin cut in smoothly. Aurelion had to resist rolling his eyes at the double act.

The sergeant snorted. "Yeah, sure," she paused, as the music from inside stopped. "Well, you're efficient, at least."

Turning back to the other officers as they started to step out of their cars, she started to call out orders. "Alright, I want anyone trying to drive out of here breathalysed. Anyone trying too hard not to get stopped, gets stopped and searched. Make sure they've got a way home that doesn't involve driving into a lamppost."

People started to filter out of the warehouse, many of them being halted and quizzed by police on how they were getting home. Those that were driving were breathalysed, and if they weren't fit to drive, they were instructed to find an alternative. If they couldn't... then parents were to be called.

"Party's over, then..." Aurelion looked down with surprise as Inarin spoke. The younger boy sighed.

"You alright, In?"

"Yeah... Fine now. Why are you here, Leon?" Inarin fixed him with an accusatory stare.

"Consider it a safety net. I'd never have forgiven myself if I'd given you the go ahead to go out and something bad happened. I wasn't planning on showing my face, but then..." And it was a good thing he'd come, too. Whoever that 'Malcolm' was, he was now on Aurelion's radar.

"Uhuh..." Inarin ran a hand through his hair. Aurelion could tell he wasn't convinced. And in truth, Aurelion couldn't fault him that. He hadn't trusted Inarin not to get caught up in trouble. But the boy was only seventeen - having someone making sure he was safe wasn't a bad thing. It wasn't like he was helicoptering. His musing was cut short as Inarin spoke again. "What happened with Malcolm? And Rei? I didn't catch much of it."

"She and the other girl you were with went home with him. Apparently the other girl... Aurelie, was it? Apparently she has some connection to the church, but I've never met her before. I'm going to have to report this to the Monastery when we get back." Aurelion offered an apologetic smile.

"What?" Inarin's eyes widened, "B-but... we'll..."

"Don't worry," Aurelion shook his head, "I'll take full responsibility. I'll tell them I gave you all permission. They won't punish you for following the word of a paladin. I'll be the one reprimanded. But the Church needs to know where Rei has gone. I got a ... horrible feeling when talking to him. I don't think he's human."

"What?" Inarin blinked, "How do you..."

"I don't know, for sure. It was just a feeling. But I've learned to trust my instincts over the years. Often they're your only clue when something's not right."

Over the course of the rave being broken up, few arrests would be made - only those carrying illegal drugs and unlucky enough to be caught, or those drunk enough to be belligerent and aggressive towards the police. Largely, it was set to be a fairly unremarkable dispersal. The remnants of Arien's aura remained on the party-goers, keeping them generally relaxed and in good spirits despite the rave's abrupt end.

as written by Ronin

"We can get a cab back to the Monastery," Aaro replied, "after that... well..." He looked to Celeste, shrugging his shoulders. "We'll figure something out. The important thing is that we all get back as a group, unharmed."

He remained calm as the police broke into the party, doing his best not to make a scene. He realized that the boy slung over his shoulder might appear conspicuous. If anyone asked, Jimmy had had too much to drink. He was taking him home.

With any luck, Aaro, Celeste, Jimmy, and perhaps Elisabeth would exit the club where they would see Inarin and Aurelion.

"Hey! There's In," Aaro grinned before glancing up at the much taller figure. "And woah! Sir Nuvellon!" The proselyte bowed at the neck. "Didn't expect to see you here. You here with the cavalry?" He gestured to the haze of flashing lights and officers scurrying to-and-fro.

---

"If you're comfortable, we can head back to my place," Corso replied, "I have a penthouse in this district not far from here." He looked up at the cops as they entered the club and began sorting through the patrons. He glanced back at Alysa. "We'll have to take the front entrance, though." He grinned. "You have no reason to avoid the law, I hope?"

as written by Krysis

Celeste grumbled, but mostly under her breath. She got buffeted in the crowd making for the exit though, and someone stole her purse in the chaos, though they would be disappointed at the lack of money in it. The spare clip in the bottom wouldn't fit most conventional guns, which meant that all they really got for the trouble was a handful of slightly used cosmetics and a dozen, small caliber, silver bullets.

It wasn't until they were outside and the pressure of the fleeing party-ers was lessened that she caught up to Aaro, Jimmy, Inarin, and the surprising presence of Aurelion. Swaying a bit when she came to a halt at the edge of the group, she frowned at them all. "Wonder how da car will find us in tis. Arien 'ould know."

as written by Script

Aurelion nodded his head to the other proselytes as they finally emerged, "You're here, good. No, I've been here for a while."

He didn't seem inclined to elaborate, however, as his eyes wandered to Jimmy, slung over Aaro's shoulder as he was. "Is... he alright?" the paladin asked, raising an eyebrow.

Inarin looked up at Aaro with a small smile, looking somewhat more dishevelled and tired than the last time the other proselyte had seen him. "Hi, Aar," he said quietly.

It was then that Arien appeared once more, slipping through the crowd to join them. The twins were close behind him, apparently unconcerned about the dirty looks some of the police were shooting them. "Ah, there the three of you are. I was about to go looking." Arien smiled affectionately to both of the (conscious) proselytes, "There's a car for you on its way. It should be here in a minute or two. Look, I know tonight has been ... messy," he shook his head disappointedly, "I'm sorry. Honestly, things usually go a lot smoother. Events conspired against us."

He ran a hand through his hair, doing a good job of appearing bashfully apologetic, "If you're willing to ever give me another chance, I promise next time-" he paused, glancing at Aurelion, "-that is, not next party. Next time I see you guys, probably at a more decent hour, I'll make it up to you."

"Maybe some of you can come 'round our place," Alveré chimed in with a grin.

"If you're good." Valère added, winking.

On the curb, Inarin had looked away and was trying desperately not to blush, memories of the dance floor still prominent in his mind.

as written by Faithy

“Hmm… are you going to be a good boy? Wait, strike that… there’s no fun in being good. Let’s head back to your place and take a walk on the wild side.” Alysa purred out her words, shooting him a slight wink before glancing around at the crowd dispersing. Musing as they walked about whether or not it was safe to go with him to his penthouse, she finally decided it was worth it. Of course the Scion still planned on going after others she spotted at the party, but he would do for the night.

“I’d have to go out the front anyways, that’s where my motorcycle’s at. How’d you get here, anyways? You’re welcome to ride with me and in fact I’d prefer it, but I can understand you not wanting to leave your mode of transportation around here.” She kept walking with him, her body tucked nicely against his, almost as if the two were meant to fit together.

as written by Ronin

"I uh..." Aaro scratched behind his head sheepishly, "kinda put him into a sleeper hold. Jim was in a pretty bad place. Was talking about doing some really stupid things and didn't really give me any other option." He adjusted the boy on his shoulder. "Heart's beating and he's breathing, though! Should come back to in a few minutes."

Aaro turned to Arien. His face brightened "A car? That's perfect! I thought we were gonna have to buy a cab, and I'm pretty sure I have no money left. Like, none." He smiled wide. "And don't worry about it, Arien. I had a fantastic time." He nudged Celeste. "Didn't we have a great time, Sel? Thanks for having us, seriously."

---

"I took a taxi," Corso replied, "was visiting a friend in the area." He quirked a brow. "A motorcycle? You're full of surprises." He wrapped his arm around her hip as she tucked herself to his body. The movement was smooth and natural. They exited the club with hopefully little issue.

As they walked into the parking lot, Corso would only briefly turn his attention to Aurellion. His grey irises flickered, his face strobed in alternating flashes of red and blue.

"Where are you parked?" he asked, "I'll tell you where to go once we're on the street. It's a five minute drive."

as written by Faithy

“Oh, excellent. You’ll like my bike… it’s pretty awesome and not girly at all. I like power between my legs.” Alysa almost blushed, but managed to keep her face neutral as the two of them finally made it out of the building. Inhaling deeply once the slight breeze hit her face, she wrinkled her nose, picking up a scent that was definitely not human. Glancing over towards those that had been in the VIP section, her gaze fell upon Arien and she sniffed again.

Vampire… She shook her head, knowing better than to mess with him in such a public place. Instead, Alysa spotted her motorcycle and moved towards it with Corso, still musing on the scent. It wasn’t like the others, but it was neither here nor there.

“Sorry, but I only have one helmet.” Grabbing her helmet from where she left it, Alysa slid it on and moved away from him in order to dig out her keys, starting the ‘cycle immediately. “I’m a very safe driver though.” She added, waiting for him to scoot in behind her.

as written by Krysis

Celeste jabbed her elbow at Aaro, "Never call me tha. Not an amy-bah. Not in a store.". She didn't seem very happy, already tired as she moved to offer her hand to Inarin.

"Come on. Less go home. This was a fugging waste of time." She would brace herself well enough to be able to pull the younger male to his feet. She looks pretty awful by that time, all her makeup worn off, her blouse torn in the seam under her right arm, and her skirt stained with someone's drink in the shuffle to get outside. At least her hair still looked nice, smoothed and pinned fiercely in place, and only a little frizzy where the waves hung loose in the back.

as written by Script

Inarin hesitantly took Celeste's offered hand with a nod, brushing himself off once he was on his feet. He self-consciously adjusted his collar in an attempt to cover up the unfortunate mark that Aurelion had noticed earlier, and started to refasten the undone buttons at the top of his shirt. He did his best to ignore any attention drawn on him by it, but his face reddened regardless at such blatant evidence of his crimes.

Alveré, noticing this, smirked broadly.

It wasn't long before the car pulled up across the street. It was a sleek black corporate limousine - a six-seater. The driver's door swung open and a well dressed man stepped out, wearing a muted frown as he scanned around until he spotted the twins.

"That's your ride," Valère noted with a smile. The pair of them made their way over to the driver to explain the situation, leaving the proselytes to say their farewells and cross over to the car. A few people had stopped to point and murmur, but most seemed unsurprised - after all, it had been the Castellane twins' party. Most of the people there at least knew of them. And their tendencies towards excess.

"I'm glad you had a good time at least, Aaro," Arien noted, laughing. "I'll make this one up to you, Celeste. Maybe something a little quieter, next time. I'm glad you came, anyway - all of you."

as written by Ronin

"Have a good night then, Arien! You too, Elisabeth, Valere and Alvere!" Aaro called, putting Jimmy inside first. He followed suit.

---

"Mhmm," Corso smiled, "well I guess I'll just have to trust you." He sat behind Alysa, wrapping his arms around her waist. "You're going to exit off of Castille, make a right on Truara and then take to 3rd. It's the stone villa on the left."

as written by Krysis

Celeste touched Inarin's hand lightly, looking at his neck before backing off with an approving nod. "Glad somesuch had fun."

Then she would be stumbling a bit as she had trouble with the curb between the sidewalk and the car, and would collapse into whatever seat Jimmy/Aaro aren't occupying, leaning against the side of the car and staring out at the flashing lights of the various police cars. It was hypnotic enough that she'd soon be in a daze and not really paying attention like she should.

as written by Script

Inarin said nothing, only flushing red as he let Aurelion usher him into the car, where he took one of the free seats. The limo's interior was all black leather and slick metallic silver - giving a very executive business vibe.

After a few moments, the driver climbed back into his seat and started the engine, and the proselytes were on their way home.

Aurelion followed behind them on his bike, grimacing. He wasn't looking forward to explaining exactly how Rei had come to be in the position she now found herself in. But it had to be done.

Over the next half an hour, the party wound down to a halt, with the attendees dispersing and the equipment efficiently cleared away. Before long, the warehouse was as it had been before they arrived - empty, and deserted.

as written by Faithy

“You’re learning rather quickly.” Alysa grinned, chewing on her bottom lip when she felt his arms sliding around her waist. Waiting until he was settled, she nodded at the directions and pulled away from the curb. Deciding to take it easy until they were away from the police cars, the Scion turned the corner and made her way towards where she needed to exit onto Castille. A grin was plastered upon her face as she picked up the speed, turning right onto Truara almost too quickly before she continued down the street, making sure to watch the street signs. It wasn’t very much longer before she got to third street and out of habit, Alysa slowed down so that she could spot the stone villa.

“Which villa again?” She questioned, coming almost to a stop.

as written by Emperor Jester

Nox hadn't been on his best behavior tonight. Sometimes, toying with the folks back in the Phantom Quarter gave him a sense of long overdue satisfaction. They'd provided meals or release for him for nigh on half a century, and took it all in stride. The hopeless and forsaken sometimes made the best of meals, because half the time, it was easy to figure out which ones wouldn't fight it. Parts of the Caer liked those ones. Other parts of his loathed defeatists and their ilk.

A shower in an illegal brothel, as well as other pleasures, had done wonders to easy to post-consumption high he'd been under control of in the last few hours since he'd left the winged bastard and the shadow girl near the sewer entrance and ran afoul some transient teens looking for a 'sugar daddy'. Poor boy hadn't known what he'd been in for. In numerous ways.

Suddenly, as he was paying his due and waving goodbye to the hostess behind the bullet proof glass, his phone rang from deep inside his leather duster...Pierette's number.With a flick of his thumb, Nox accepted the call with a very casual,

"Hello, dove. Why are you calling?"

Liz and Charlene had started getting together twice a week (on Charlene's nights off) to pool resources and have some social time with rational people. Well, rational if Liz's incessant cheerfulness and Charlene's willingness to believe any rumor were ignored. Plus it gave Charlene a chance to pick the brain of an experienced mother; to help understand and cope with the antics of the precocious toddler under her novice care.

When Pierette had started to join their domestic scene, Liz had forgiven all past transgressions and welcomed her sister back with open arms. Charlene was less trusting, but when it became obvious that Perilous actually wanted hear what they had to say, the blonde had grown more tolerant.

It was the children that loved Perilous. Adam and Marie would listen to her read for hours, Anna would stop crying if Pierette just picked her up. Jamie, however, hadn't decided if Pierette was a toy, a friend, or a playmate, and the three-year-old had a dangerous obsession with 'the purse'.

The women were talking about the various jobs they had held when Jamie leaped from the end of the couch onto Pierette's shoulders, going "Rawr! I eat you! Rawr!" and the normally tough woman obligingly squealed.

It was recognizably Perilous' voice as she cried, "Oh no! It's the t-rex! Someone save me! I'm going to be--!" though she suddenly stopped and stared at the cellphone laying in her lap as if it were something much more dangerous than the most fearsome dinosaur to ever roam the planet.

It had sounded like such a simple joke at first. Perhaps she was watching a television somewhere or...whatever it was mortals did. He'd honestly had no clue. But the squeal was what had gotten his attention. That, and the sudden cut-off, (though of course he had no idea the reason behind it), had bothered him.

Nox would snap his phone closed and calmly place it into his jacket pocket once more, making sure it was secure before dashing off into the night. Yesterday had been he dosage of the medicine. She still had Caer blood inside her, working its properties and...taking its toll. All he had to do was focus, smell the air...come on now...she was a member of his House...she was...something to him. In some, twisted way. Focus. Where.

Where.

Where...?

"Damn it Perilous, where are you? If you're dead, if you died by any one else's hand..." He's whisper through clenched teeth, a sudden wave of paranoia sweeping over him in his search. And then...There she was. Not far either. Not exactly close, but not far at all. He'd have to move very, very fast. But not quick enough or directly enough to draw attention. Easy enough. Leading a secret war in a city actively looking for you taught you tricks.

He'd be there in minutes.

While he was searching for her, Pierette was lifting that phone to her ear and asking in a uncertain tone, "Hello? Is someone there?" When nothing met her cringing ear other than the dial-tone, she breathed a sigh of relief. Liz was in the rocking chair with Anna sprawled on her ample chest, and could be counted on to accept whatever excuse Perilous chose to give. Charlene had rescued her boy and was giving the slender ex-sister a considering look.

"So? Who was it?" Charlene prodded as she bounced the three-year-old on her hip and made him crow in delight. Her sagging, comfortable jeans barely put up with the abuse, but as it was only women and children present, the blonde didn't much mind even if they did slip. Her sweater was long enough to cover anyway.

"No one. False alarm. I thought he had managed to call Celeste, and you know how she--" Pierette started to explain as she put away the phone, picking up the sack-like blue purse she loved in order to put it back on the high shelf it was supposed to be on, this time with the strap tucked inside instead of hanging even a little bit.

"Bullshit. You looked scared. Who the hell would Perilous Pierette be afraid of?" Charlene insisted, her brilliant green eyes narrowed in suspicion as she followed Pierette. Adam looked up from his coloring book and shouted, "Mommy! Aunt Char said bad words again!"

Within moments, there would be a slam at the door. The wood would strain and even heave somewhat against whatever had struck it. And then another blow, doing more to torture the poor, battered barrier even further.

On the other side was a roar of frustration.

All four kids would start crying, from Anna's high wail of frightened infant, to Marie's confused tears and Adam trying to be brave and shouting "Go 'way!". Charlene clutched Jamie and backed away from the door as Pierette turned white and pulled a gun from one of the more thoroughly sealed pockets of her purse.

Liz was the only one that remained calm, and gained a stare from Charlene as she asked serenely, "Pierette, would you please see who is at the door and ask them to not break it down? My husband will not be home to repair it until morning." The sleepy sounding brunette just continued to rock, rubbing baby Anna's back, but it seemed to sooth all four kids, at least enough to slow the cries.

Pierette checked the peephole before giving a sound of frustration and relief and just opening the door for Nox.

A blast of cold wind seemed to sweep into the room before a very large man in white did, a look of horrible rage contorting his features into something...monstrous, though for only a second.

Situational awareness was a great thing to have. Wars and fights gave you plenty of it, too. In the fraction of a second it took he Caer to lash out with a clawed hand, he'd take in:

The children.
The other women.
The Children.
The similar smell to Pierette.
THE CHILDREN.
That it was Perilous herself that answered the door.
THE CHILDREN!

He'd turn the attack into a sharp embrace, lifting Pierette into the air, relief sweeping through him, followed by a wave of much more controlled, confused anger.

Pierette gave a startled squawk as she was hefted into the air, one arm pinned and the gun in her hand awkwardly digging into Nox's back as she clung with that arm. She couldn't drop the weapon after all, because she couldn't remember if she had taken the safety off before opening the door. The best she could do was make sure it was the butt of the pistol and not the business end that was pressed against him.

Charlene had backed almost to the kitchen, a bit awed at this display. And angry at herself that all she could do was stand there and hold her son hard enough that the little boy was squirming and started insisting "Down! Jamie down Now!".

Even little Adam was more effective, though he was holding a plastic sword and standing between Nox and Marie as the five-year-old girl cowered among the circle of her dolls.

Liz continued to rock, her eyes closed and her brunette locks hanging over the back of the rocking chair as if she were pinned there by the two-year-old on her chest.

Finally, Pierette asked, "So, umm, I guess that call went through after all?" with a wince and a unusual look of worry on her angular features.

Suddenly, a lot more things made sense to Nox as he stood there. A look of...well, it had almost turned bashful and ashamed before hardening quickly, freezing over like ice.

"I'd thought something had been wrong. I suppose I missed the first half of a conversation or the like." He'd set her down then, drawing in his aura as much as possible. The room would begin to warm, and the smallest bit of color would bloom on Nox's cheeks, just barely, enough to make him seem...less translucent pale.

"Are you going to introduce me to your friends?" Was his simple question, sweeping across all those in attendance, making eye contact with each one, even the brave little boy in the corner.

Perilous hesitated, then shrugged, "Uh, sure. My sister, Elizabeth. Her son, Adam. Her daughters, Marie and Anna. My sister-in-law, Charlene, with her son, Jamie. May I introduce to you all to, um, Dorian LeBeau, my employer and benefactor." She stuck the gun in the back of her waistband as she indicated which family member went with which name.

Liz nodded graciously, then invited, "Won't you please make yourself at home? Rette, would you see if the door can close?" Only after the door was shut did Liz open her extraordinary eyes, blue that skirted the edge of purple, and smiled at 'Dorian'.

Charlene stared openly, finally setting Jamie down, though she kept hold of his shoulder to keep him from pelting at Nox. "That name sounds familiar. Where have I heard it?"

Pierette gave Char a harsh smile after the door was safely shut, "He's the reason Remy has caught up on child support."

That made Char's mouth drop open in a stunned 'O' before she immediately warmed to Dorian. "Oh! Well, hello! Nice to meet you! Didn't have to try to knock the house over just to say hello though." She smiled in a way that most men thought was flirty, using her whole face and relaxing her posture at the same time.

Adam wasn't having any of it though, and kept his plastic sword raised, even though Marie had calmed and was tugging at his bright yellow t-shirt (with chocolate stains on the chest).

Nox was sure to take in the sights, keeping an arm around his Perilous, keeping her close, keeping it gentle, caring. Now that his face had relaxed, he was quite handsome, if somewhat stoic. An air of earned importance, dignity, and pride, his eyes seeming to, figuratively, light up the room.

Such a pure, icy blue, like the sky frozen over. Eyes that only knew freedom and sultry looks, and rage. Eyes that had gone without happiness for so long, except, notably, when they'd look at Pierette. "I apologize for the door. I was worried over...nothing, it seemed."

Liz's eyes were untroubled as she nodded, then sat up slowly to set Anna in the playpen next to the rocking chair. The domestic scene was scattered with toys and the debris of rampant children, everything breakable or of value on shelves at least five feet in the air. There was the couch (well loved seemed to be the polite way to describe the brown corduroy pile of softness), a love seat (didn't match, but the floral pattern was very feminine), and the television with some goofy kid's show and no sound on. The kitchen was visible through an archway, and seemed to have been redone recently in soothing pinks and greens. Otherwise, a dim hallway lead further into the old house.

"If it needs replacing, you will take care of it, so there is no need to be concerned." Liz announced as if it were the most ordinary thing in the world. Pierette and Charlene exchanged a worried look before watching the round-figured woman shoo the older children into the hallway to go play in Adam's room.

Pierette kept one arm tight around Nox's waist as she stayed with him, as if she could help him hold his temper with the force of her grip. And keep Charlene from saying anything stupid with the flash of her glance.

Charlene awkwardly settled on the end of the couch then, "Umm. I guess everyone is kinda touchy lately. Worried over nothings. There were those killings last week, and the werewolves rampaging, and all sorts of unexplained-- What? Why are you glaring at me, Rette?"

Nox's eyes would narrow briefly before moving to take a seat on the couch. "Of course I will. It is my fault, so its my responsibility. I am afraid I over reacted." Patting the fabric to brush off any food particles or dust, or more likely, toys, Nox would sit down, the furniture straining under his bulk.

More looks to the kids. His eyes were alight when he gazed on them, like he was looking at something nostalgic, or long missed. Like something he had lost. "I do thank you for the warm welcome, regardless of my...entrance. I am a passionate individual, as I'm sure Perilous might have told you."

Though honestly, his voice sounded anything but. Not quite monotone, but dull, disinterested.

"We call her 'Rette' here." Liz answered mildly, drifting towards the kitchen. "Perilous is her street name. Rette is from the family's affection."

Charlene shifted her weight, uncomfortable at the nearness but not willing to get up and flee too obviously. "Umm. Rette doesn't say much about you, actually. We have heard that she has a fabulously wealthy benefactor with a big old house in the historically important section of Fontainbleau, but that is about it."

Back