Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Lutetia City: Merveilleux

Aaro drew and released a breath. There was so much not being said. Why? Why couldn't Jimmy be honest with him?

"Jim, I want to help," he said, "it's clear something's bothering you. Please, let me support you. Let me help you through this. Just tell me what it is you haven't been able to say."

Squeezing the bridge of his nose to keep from biting off Aaro's head, Jimmy looked pointedly at the crowd in the cafe before he slid up to his feet. Pushing in his chair, he leaned over the table, mouth inches away from Aaro's ear. "Then come with me to a private place." He whispered before pushing back into a full stance. Shooting his friend a look, he turned and made his way towards the door, hoping that the Proselyte would follow.

"If you want to help, that is." He added before stepping out into the light snow, letting it soak into his hair and his jacket. Light help him... he was about to truly test their friendship and part of him was afraid that Aaro would react extremely poorly to the news that was about to be revealed.

The proselyte made a strange face. "Jim, what-" But his friend was already moving. Sighing, Aaro knocked back his coffee and followed his friend.

"Wait up!" He called after him. This was strange behavior, but at least he was about to get some answers. Perhaps he would finally learned what he needed to in order to help Jim.

Glad that Aaro decided to come with him, Jimmy paused just outside of the door. He didn't know if this was about to bite him in the ass, but he was sick and tired of hiding from his friends. He would have to tell Inarin too and just face the consequences. Crunching against the leaves and other fallen pieces of debris, Jimmy moved away from the cafe, though not too far. He paused where he couldn't see or anyone else and sat down on a nearby black bench. Stretching out, he shifted his gaze towards the sky and chewed a bit on his hair.

"This should do, for now." He managed, though he wasn't sure how to tell Aaro the truth without implicating the others. That part was the tricky part, which was part of the reason he had put it off for so long.

The proselyte folded his arms over his chest. "Alright. Here we are. What is it?"

He figured it couldn't be too bad. After all, Jim was right in front of him, alive and well. Was it some secret about his family? Had he turned into a werewolf after all and had hidden it from the Order?

"Right, I guess it's time to have that heart to heart that you wanted, hm?" Jimmy bit on his bottom lip, chewing on it a moment still unsure how to approach the subject. After a few minutes, he just grunted and dropped his right hand down into his lap while his right arm remained draped across the back of the bench.

"First off, I'm not turning into a werewolf. I was given an opportunity... a choice and I weighed the options and took what I felt to be a good exchange. It was sort of a spur of the moment thing, which is why I didn't talk it over with you... but we all know what would have happened if I would have turned furry. I would have been slaughtered just like my father." He paused, still aching to break Virn's spine over what the bastard did to his father.

"I wasn't coerced or anything, it was my decision. You need to understand that, okay?" He paused again, still unsure how to breach the subject.

Aaro gradually moved from obstinace to genuine concern. His arms uncrossed, his brows knit. He drew close to his friend and listened quietly.

He had objections, of course. Jimmy's dad had been killed because he went berserk. Even if Jimmy turned, there was no garauntee he would be slaughtered. Aaro hoped he understood that he become a wolf wouldn't affect their friendship...

... but whatever Jim was saying seemed to be going beyond the werewolf question.

"Jim. What are you saying?"

Light, why was this so hard? Jimmy ran his fingers through his hair in complete and total agitation before flopping against the bench yet again. He was slowly beginning to doubt his reasoning for coming to this place with Aaro and wasn't so sure telling him was actually the best thing to do. "I..." He started before quieting back down again.

"What I am trying to say is... I'm not a werewolf." He smiled and gave a thumbs up, chickening out, at least for the moment.

Aaro looked confused. "That is... really good news?" He laughed a bit. "I mean, that's fantastic news, Jim. It means you get to stay with the Order for sure." He shook his head. "Man, you've got no idea. I spent the last two days looking for ways to fake your blood tests - but we're good. You're not infected."

His brows furrowed. "Is that seriously what you needed to tell me in private?"

"Wait, what? You were thinking about ways for me to fake my blood tests? That... that's the nicest thing I've ever heard." Jimmy smiled, genuinely this time. He laughed at Aaro's comment and just nodded with a grin. No, he couldn't tell Aaro the rest of the truth, not now at least. There were far too many others at stake. He leaned over, ruffling his roomie's hair, poking his tongue out a little.

"Yep, that's all I needed to tell you. Don't like when people snoop and listen in on other people's conversations, which is why I wanted to tell you secretly. Sorry for worrying you, man. I'm alright, you don't have to worry anymore. I will try and spend more time with you and In, especially with everything that had been happening with the attacks 'n all." Leaning back, Jim yawned, fingers rubbing his forehead.

Aaro seemed a bit skeptical, but his contemplation gave way to relief as Jimmy elaborated. "Hm. Alright, well. If that's all there is to it..." He put a hand on his friend's shoulder. "...then I'm glad. Werewolf or no, you're still a part of the family. But this makes it a helluva' lot easier. Don't have to snoop around the rules."

He gave a nod. "Come on. If we hurry back we can still catch our next class."

"Heh, yeah... sure, man." Jimmy smiled, though he wasn't so sure if Aaro would think the same if he knew the truth. Exhaling, he bit on the inside of his cheek, knowing that despite what his roomie said, he would still have to break rules or snoop around the rules, whatever.

"I uhh... alright." Jimmy gave a thumbs up and slid up to his feet, stretching out in the process. "Then again, if I was a werewolf, you would never have to use a heater again." He smirked, poking his tongue out a bit.

Back